What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****Official DOJ Investigation into Trump, Fake Electors, Fraud, Etc.**** (1 Viewer)

Haha, you don't say? Is he under the impression that when raided by the FBI, his safe is out of bounds?
Instead of breaking into the safe and likely damaging it maybe just call DJT for the combo first?
First, do we know the safe was damaged? The FBI had professional safe crackers with them. I have no idea if they damage the safe.
Second, the FBI wouldn't be there if Trump had complied.
We don't, though reports are the safe was empty.

Also, if a safe cracker was able to open the safe without grinding wheels and a blowtorch it wasn't much of a safe to begin with.
What reports?
Do you think Eric Trump was in the room with the FBI? I'm not taking Eric Trump's word.

Haha, you don't say? Is he under the impression that when raided by the FBI, his safe is out of bounds?
Instead of breaking into the safe and likely damaging it maybe just call DJT for the combo first?
First, do we know the safe was damaged? The FBI had professional safe crackers with them. I have no idea if they damage the safe.
Second, the FBI wouldn't be there if Trump had complied.
We don't, though reports are the safe was empty.

Also, if a safe cracker was able to open the safe without grinding wheels and a blowtorch it wasn't much of a safe to begin with.
What reports?
Do you think Eric Trump was in the room with the FBI? I'm not taking Eric Trump's word.
I said reports, not ironclad evidence. :penalty:

Man, this is crazy. Talk about crossing a line. Steve Bannon just said on Fox - and I quote “We are at war.”

You've seen the warrant application?
Nope. From the reports I’ve been reading it’s not about Jan. 6 but about a violation of classified material handling. If that’s the case - knowing that nothing was done to Hillary - then this is a politically motivated prosecution. If all that is true - this will get REAL ugly.
Hillary was investigated over it, wasn’t she?
Served search warrants?
I think the Hillary search warrant was to open emails - not to have 30 FBI agents ransack her residence and break into her safe.

Further evidence that there is more to the Trump evidence than was to Clinton's.
Not sure I understand. I’ll just cut to the chase - based on what I know right now… I think the Left grossly overplayed their hand here, and it will backfire. I hate Trump, but this is wrong. The President can declassify anything, so the whole case here is in shaky ground to be behin with. Then factoring in the Russia collusion hoax, the whitewashing of Hilary, Hunter, even James Comey malfeasance…. You have to be blind if you think the DOJ and FBI aren’t making politically motivated decisions. This will not end well.

What exactly did "the Left" do here?

Before you answer, keep in mind that the FBI Director is a Republican Trump appointee, that the FBI rank-and-file are universally considered to be right-leaning, that a watchdog report concluded that there is no political bias in FBI agents' official actions as recently as 2019, and that we don't know what the warrant application said or which magistrate approved it.

Now then, what's the issue here?
It’s probably more “anti-Trump” than “the Left”. Trump has been railroaded. I don’t even want to argue it anymore. I hate the turd but it’s blatantly obvious that he has been treated unfairly. 30 FBI officers raid the house of a former President? With AR-15’s? Over a process crime? They better have the goods - and it better be regarding something serious.

Man, this is crazy. Talk about crossing a line. Steve Bannon just said on Fox - and I quote “We are at war.”

Nope. From the reports I’ve been reading it’s not about Jan. 6 but about a violation of classified material handling. If that’s the case - knowing that nothing was done to Hillary - then this is a politically motivated prosecution. If all that is true - this will get REAL ugly.
Served search warrants?
I think the Hillary search warrant was to open emails - not to have 30 FBI agents ransack her residence and break into her safe.

Further evidence that there is more to the Trump evidence than was to Clinton's.
Not sure I understand. I’ll just cut to the chase - based on what I know right now… I think the Left grossly overplayed their hand here, and it will backfire. I hate Trump, but this is wrong. The President can declassify anything, so the whole case here is in shaky ground to be behin with. Then factoring in the Russia collusion hoax, the whitewashing of Hilary, Hunter, even James Comey malfeasance…. You have to be blind if you think the DOJ and FBI aren’t making politically motivated decisions. This will not end well.

Before you answer, keep in mind that the FBI Director is a Republican Trump appointee, that the FBI rank-and-file are universally considered to be right-leaning, that a watchdog report concluded that there is no political bias in FBI agents' official actions as recently as 2019, and that we don't know what the warrant application said or which magistrate approved it.

It’s probably more “anti-Trump” than “the Left”. Trump has been railroaded. I don’t even want to argue it anymore. I hate the turd but it’s blatantly obvious that he has been treated unfairly. 30 FBI officers raid the house of a former President? With AR-15’s? Over a process crime? They better have the goods - and it better be regarding something serious.
Not a "law and order" guy. Notebook updated.

Served search warrants?

Does the president have 'the ability to declassify anything at any time'?

Lol at Trump being treated "unfairly." He should have been run from office as soon as he hung up the phone with Zelensky.
Face it dude - Trump broke you. You have no idea how to get rid of him. Never did - never will. Which is unfortunate for the rest of us who just want to see him fade into obscurity.

Lol at Trump being treated "unfairly." He should have been run from office as soon as he hung up the phone with Zelensky.
Face it dude - Trump broke you. You have no idea how to get rid of him. Never did - never will. Which is unfortunate for the rest of us who just want to see him fade into obscurity.
Since you are the all knowing Trump Whisperer, I will take this advice under consideration.

5wdx3ymharg91.jpg

Served search warrants?

The Constitutuon affords no powers/responsibilities/etc to ex-presidents.

I’ve seen all over the place today people describing the FBI involvement as “unconstitutional” and “illegal”. Is there any law that prohibits the FBI seeking and carrying out a search warrant?

Served search warrants?

From the article:

The president is not "obliged to follow any procedures other than those that he himself has prescribed," Aftergood said. "And he can change those."

There is a 0% chance that Trump gets convicted on on this issue. First of all - the Constitution gives the President broad powers with regard to classification / declassification. Second - the Supreme Court. Nuff said.

By the way - today’s Vegas Odds have Trump as the odds-on favorite to win the 2024 election. Nice job Garland.

Served search warrants?

From the article:

The president is not "obliged to follow any procedures other than those that he himself has prescribed," Aftergood said. "And he can change those."

There is a 0% chance that Trump gets convicted on on this issue. First of all - the Constitution gives the President broad powers with regard to classification / declassification. Second - the Supreme Court. Nuff said.
He us not the current President. Does it give him those powers for life?

Served search warrants?

From the article:

He isn't president

Served search warrants?

From the article:

But he's not the president.

There is a not insignificant number of people who believe he is still the President and Biden is just a cover story for something...

If this was a moon thread and someone kept arguing that the cream cheese is delicious and that the moon was delicious, we'd probably have to point out, repeatedly, that the moon isn't compromised of cream cheese.

All he has to say is that he declassified them all while he was President. The authority to do so is fully vested in the President, per the Constitution. There’s nothing in there about the process involved. Do you guys really think the National Archives is going to win a pissing contest versus the President?

All he has to say is that he declassified them all while he was President. The authority to do so is fully vested in the President, per the Constitution. There’s nothing in there about the process involved. Do you guys really think the National Archives is going to win a pissing contest versus the President?
There would be a record of this if he had done so.

But WTF do I know, I've only declassified things over a hundred times in my life.

But WTF do I know, I've only declassified things over a hundred times in my life.
Please show me in the Constitution where it says the President has to record his declassification.

Please show me in the Constitution where it says the President has to record his declassification.
The Constitution?

Show me in the Constitution where it grants the President authority to declassify documents first.

Is there any claim this happened? Anywhere?

I've said the same thing to myself many, many times with regards to handling of classified media.

Some live by other rules.

Honestly, classification is a red herring. It's clear the documents belong to the office of the president, not Trump.

Classification makes a nice story, especially given the parallels to Hillary and it's pretty amusing seeing folks twist themselves up in a knot arguing about obscure loopholes...but it doesn't really matter all that much.

Honestly, classification is a red herring. It's clear the documents belong to the office of the president, not Trump.

Classification makes a nice story, especially given the parallels to Hillary and it's pretty amusing seeing folks twist themselves up in a knot arguing about obscure loopholes...but it doesn't really matter all that much.

Yea the whole classified angle seems irrelevant. He stole documents from the US government that didn't belong to him and the FBI went and got them back.

IF Trump declassified documents sought by NARA, he never told them.

Trump vs. National Archives: A timeline leading up to the Mar-a-Lago raid

Former President Trump returned 15 boxes of presidential documents in January

Additional details continue to emerge regarding events leading up to the FBI's raid Monday of former President Trump's home in southern Florida.

On Monday evening, FBI agents executed a search warrant of Trump's home in Mar-a-Lago in connection to an ongoing Department of Justice probe into whether Trump kept classified government documents after departing the White House in January 2021, sources told Fox News Digital.
Here are the events that led to the FBI's raid:

January 2021

Trump departs the White House shortly before President Biden is sworn into office.
The former president takes with him an undisclosed number of boxes containing classified documents.

Late 2021

National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), the agency tasked with preserving federal government records contacts representatives of Trump.
NARA officials inquire about missing potentially-classified information.

January 2022

Shortly after correspondence with NARA, Trump returns 15 missing boxes of classified materials from his time in office.

"NARA had ongoing communications with the representatives of former President Trump throughout 2021, which resulted in the transfer of 15 boxes to NARA in January 2022," David Ferriero, who served as NARA director from November 2009 until April, wrote to House Oversight Committee Chair Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., in response to an inquiry in February.
He said that the agency was in the process of inventorying the contents of the boxes as of Feb. 18.

Ferriero added that NARA requested Trump representatives "continue to search for any additional Presidential records that have not been transferred to NARA, as required by the Presidential Records Act" and that the agency notified the DOJ since classified documents were identified in the boxes Trump turned over.

June 2022

Senior DOJ officials travel to Mar-a-Lago to meet with lawyers representing Trump regarding additional missing documents. Jay Bratt, the chief of DOJ's counterintelligence and export control section is in attendance.
Trump briefly stopped by during the negotiations to greet the officials.

June – August 2022

Negotiations between DOJ investigators and Trump's representatives break down due to apparent lack of cooperation from Trump.

It is unclear when negotiations exactly deteriorated.

Early August 2022

This month, following the break-down of negotiations between the DOJ and Trump, federal investigators decide to pursue a search warrant to obtain classified government materials the former president still possessed.
On Aug. 5, prosecutors submit an affidavit requesting a search warrant. A federal magistrate judge for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida then approves the search warrant.
On Aug. 8, FBI agents execute the raid and obtain an unknown number of documents from Trump's Mar-a-Lago home.

So are excuses are…process crimes, everyone is Washington does it, it was planted evidence…and now…Trump declassified it all but didn’t tell anyone?

So are excuses are…process crimes, everyone is Washington does it, it was planted evidence…and now…Trump declassified it all but didn’t tell anyone?
But they're not Trump supporters, they just don't like the way he's treated.

:bored:
And now after this they’re going to vote for him when they weren’t prior. THIS is the straw that broke the back.

Served search warrants?

:lmao:

In 2018, Trump signed into law an increase in penalty for removing unauthorized classified documents. Penalty increased from 1 to 5 years.

This seems relevant.

Yes, the Trump appointed FBI director and federal judge are anti-Trump. And I still haven't seen pictures of FBI carrying AR-15s.
Poor Donald, always a victim.

Yes, the Trump appointed FBI director and federal judge are anti-Trump. And I still haven't seen pictures of FBI carrying AR-15s.
As a reminder this guy stole from a children's cancer charity and had to pay $25M to defrauded students from his fraud "college." He also paid off a porn star, tried to blackmail a foreign leader for dirt on his political rival, took Putin's word about 2016 election interference over his own DOJ, campaigned on turning his DOJ against Hillary Clinton, and called his "supporters" to the capital where they tried to prevent the peaceful transition of power in this country for the first time ever.

But yea, Trump certainly deserves the benefit of the doubt here. Clearly the Biden directed DOJ and all the massively conservative FBI are just out to get Trump.

Served search warrants?

If you don't want to argue about it, don't respond to my post with conspiracy theory nonsense.

Why does it have to be something serious? Do you think politicians should be permitted to get away with crimes that compromise national security as long as you don't subjectively consider them to be "serious"?

By the way - today’s Vegas Odds have Trump as the odds-on favorite to win the 2024 election. Nice job Garland.
He’s been the favourite for months.
Honestly, it can't be a Democrat because there is no clear front runner for their candidate at this point. Trump is the clear front runner for the GOP candidate.

Is there a "field -Trump option"? I'd bet my life savings on that if so. Where in Vegas can you book these bets BTW?

This is absolutely not true. Declassification is not self-executing. You think we handle national security the same way Michael Scott thinks we handle bankruptcy?

And again, he's not the president. Having served as president in the past does not confer any special treatment under the law except for secret service protection and a pension. We had a whole war with Great Britain about it and everything. If you would like to live in a country that confers privileged status under the law to its leadership, there are still a few countries that are still governed by monarchies. Monaco seems like the best option to me, but Saudi Arabia seems to have a special place in its heart for American conservatives these days.

I saw video of agents with assault rifles. Couldn't tell which kind though, it was brief and small (I was watching on my phone)

Users who are viewing this thread