What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****Official DOJ Investigation into Trump, Fake Electors, Fraud, Etc.**** (1 Viewer)

Man, this is crazy. Talk about crossing a line. Steve Bannon just said on Fox - and I quote “We are at war.”

You've seen the warrant application?
Nope. From the reports I’ve been reading it’s not about Jan. 6 but about a violation of classified material handling. If that’s the case - knowing that nothing was done to Hillary - then this is a politically motivated prosecution. If all that is true - this will get REAL ugly.
Hillary was investigated over it, wasn’t she?
Served search warrants?
I think the Hillary search warrant was to open emails - not to have 30 FBI agents ransack her residence and break into her safe.
Why would they look in a safe for emails?

Man, this is crazy. Talk about crossing a line. Steve Bannon just said on Fox - and I quote “We are at war.”

Nope. From the reports I’ve been reading it’s not about Jan. 6 but about a violation of classified material handling. If that’s the case - knowing that nothing was done to Hillary - then this is a politically motivated prosecution. If all that is true - this will get REAL ugly.
Served search warrants?
I think the Hillary search warrant was to open emails - not to have 30 FBI agents ransack her residence and break into her safe.

Further evidence that there is more to the Trump evidence than was to Clinton's.
Not sure I understand. I’ll just cut to the chase - based on what I know right now… I think the Left grossly overplayed their hand here, and it will backfire. I hate Trump, but this is wrong. The President can declassify anything, so the whole case here is in shaky ground to be behin with. Then factoring in the Russia collusion hoax, the whitewashing of Hilary, Hunter, even James Comey malfeasance…. You have to be blind if you think the DOJ and FBI aren’t making politically motivated decisions. This will not end well.

Served search warrants?

Further evidence that there is more to the Trump evidence than was to Clinton's.
Not sure I understand. I’ll just cut to the chase - based on what I know right now… I think the Left grossly overplayed their hand here, and it will backfire. I hate Trump, but this is wrong. The President can declassify anything, so the whole case here is in shaky ground to be behin with. Then factoring in the Russia collusion hoax, the whitewashing of Hilary, Hunter, even James Comey malfeasance…. You have to be blind if you think the DOJ and FBI aren’t making politically motivated decisions. This will not end well.

My point is and continues to be - you (and none of us) have any idea what evidence was in the warrant application. As a result, none of us can say this is a witch hunt or unwarranted. Unless, of course, you think an ex-President should never be prosecuted for anything.

And seriously, if you don't think the judge that signed off on this required substantial evidence, like crazy amounts, to no knock raid an ex presidents house, well I don't know what else to say
and who is it that appointed the FBI Director?

When I read Trump and his defenders complain about this raid, and that Trump is being victimized here, I keep thinking about the Central Park Five, In case anyone can’t recall, they were the group of black teenagers that were arrested without evidence, tortured into giving false confessions, and then held in prison for years (Trump wanted them executed.) They were all exonerated 20 years later but they never got their lives back.

i mean this is serious and one hell of a precedent setter so they better have the goods here take that to the bank brochachos

H. Clinton testified about the emails and didn't plead the fifth. Let's wait to see what the FBI found before we jump to conclusions. Considering that they were likely classified we aren't going to know their subject matter however.

Marc Elias believes that this is the reason why. This can possibly can be used to bar Trump from trying to be elected again. Interestingly these records were packed up by GSA, sent to Mar-a-Lago, and kept in a locked room. The FBI reviewed these freely a couple months ago.

Honestly I'm confused in this whole deal. Why a raid when they had free access a couple months ago?

Hillary and the classified info on her server… How different?
Now sure yet, need to see what they got.

an embarrassing day for Democracy , that the Fed Govt / FBI is being used as a political tool because Democrats are scared Trump will run in 2024
Or because he removed classified documents? Do you believe he was supposed to do that? That the government doesn’t have the rights to said documents?
Seems more embarrassing his actions to try and remain in office after being voted out and taking the documents in the first place.
so you support the raid of a former presidents residence. noted.
When they break the law, yes.

Trump had four years to prosecute Hillary for her transgressions and corruptions. One of his biggest failures. That said, I suspect Trump gave her a pass because him and Bill hung around with Epstein.
but what about Hillary's emails and hunter bidens labtop???

Yeah, something should have been done about that. Unfurtunately we had 4 years of of an administration appointing numbskulls that didn't deal with it.

Marc Elias believes that this is the reason why. This can possibly can be used to bar Trump from trying to be elected again. Interestingly these records were packed up by GSA, sent to Mar-a-Lago, and kept in a locked room. The FBI reviewed these freely a couple months ago.

Honestly I'm confused in this whole deal. Why a raid when they had free access a couple months ago?
Had to give Trump time to clear out anything Epstein related.

What I find interesting is that when someone said they didn't support Hillary they were pretty open to investigating the e-mail deal. Strange we have all these non-Trumpers who defend his right to keep classified docs in his personal home and ignore an insurrection.

defend his right to keep classified docs in his personal home
He doesn't, but it seems strange to raid the home due to this. Almost assuredly there will be the expectation that this raid will result in a prosecution of some sort. Why do something this public with 100 FBI agents if no prosecution?

And let's remember the political reality for prosecuting these type of cases. Ignoring Hillary, the most egregious case was Sandy Berger who got caught taking classified documents out hidden in his socks. He was charged with a misdemeanor.

Last edited:
When I read Trump and his defenders complain about this raid, and that Trump is being victimized here, I keep thinking about the Central Park Five, In case anyone can’t recall, they were the group of black teenagers that were arrested without evidence, tortured into giving false confessions, and then held in prison for years (Trump wanted them executed.) They were all exonerated 20 years later but they never got their lives back.
The Central Park 5 was a terrible tragedy - on all fronts. But there are a few inaccuracies in your accounting of it:
  • There was physical evidence. There was a hair found on the victim that was a dna match to one of the 5. Turns out the science of the dna match proved later to be incorrect, but they weren’t convicted without any evidence. They also confessed to the police, though the confessions were coerced.
  • They weren’t tortured. They were deprived sleep and food for a period, but not tortured. They were still mistreated though.
  • They were exonerated 12 years after their conviction, at which time only 1 of the 5 was still in jail. The other 4 served 5-7 years.
  • The Left painted Trump’s ad as racist but it wasn’t. Though his ad was undoubtedly prompted by the horror of that rape, his ad was more of a broad indictment of the state of lawlessness in 1989. He did not specifically call for the cp5 to be given the death penalty. The only time race was mentioned was when Trump stated that all races - white, black, Asian, etc - should be able to walk in the city without fear.

Last edited:
The Central Park 5 was a terrible tragedy - on all fronts. But there are a few inaccuracies in your accounting of it:
  • There was physical evidence. There was a hair found on the victim that was a dna match to one of the 5. Turns out the science of the dna match proved later to be incorrect, but they weren’t convicted without any evidence.
  • They weren’t tortured. They were deprived sleep and food got a period, but not tortured. They were still mistreated though.
  • They were exonerated 12 years after their conviction, at which time only 1 of the 5 was still in jail. The other 4 served 5-7 years.
  • The Left made Trump’s ad as racist but it wasn’t. Though his ad was undoubtedly prompted by the horror of that rape, it was more of a broad indictment of the state of lawlessness in 1989. He did not specifically call for the cp5 to be given the death penalty. The only time race was mentioned was when Trump stated that all races - white, black, Asian, etc - should be able to walk in the city without fear.
He also refused to admit they were innocent, even after they had been cleared

No, that evidence was in Clinton’s house.

He doesn't, but it seems strange to raid the home due to this. Almost assuredly there will be the expectation that this raid will result in a prosecution of some sort. Why do something this public with 100 FBI agents if no prosecution?

And let's remember the political reality for prosecuting these type of cases. Ignoring Hillary, the most egregious case was Sandy Berger who got caught taking classified documents out hidden in his socks. He was charged with a misdemeanor.
Good to see things headed in the right direction.

• There was physical evidence. There was a hair found on the victim that was a dna match to one of the 5. Turns out the science of the dna match proved later to be incorrect, but they weren’t convicted without any evidence.
  • They weren’t tortured. They were deprived sleep and food got a period, but not tortured. They were still mistreated though.
  • The Left made Trump’s ad as racist but it wasn’t. Though his ad was undoubtedly prompted by the horror of that rape, it was more of a broad indictment of the state of lawlessness in 1989. He did not specifically call for the cp5 to be given the death penalty. The only time race was mentioned was when Trump stated that all races - white, black, Asian, etc - should be able to walk in the city without fear.
He also refused to admit they were innocent, even after they had been cleared
Indeed. He’s an ***. Everyone knows that. I’m just being to light all the lies that have been told over the years. One of the first times Trump was asked to admit being wrong was in a question from April Ryan, where she baited Trump by incorrectly saying his ad said “they should die.” https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1141079501633413120?s=21&t=HWO5X3fyGgMujor1Gh_Gdg

No, that evidence was in Clinton’s house.
Doubt it. Clinton is smarter than that and has long since cleansed anything that would hang him.

Because they are hoping to find J6 material, that’s why.

the fox news meltdown is amazing
It’s not just FoxNews. It’s everywhere. This is a level of anger I’ve never seen on the Right. On the same day that Democrats add 87,000 IRS agents. It really does feel like Totalitarianism to many Conservatives, and I think the Left is largely unaware of the level of anger here.

Didn’t he plead it down to a misdemeanor?

the fox news meltdown is amazing
It’s not just FoxNews. It’s everywhere. This is a level of anger I’ve never seen on the Right. On the same day that Democrats add 87,000 IRS agents. It really does feel like Totalitarianism to many Conservatives, and I think the Left is largely unaware of the level of anger here.
If only the right was that angry about January 6th or Trumps actual behavior just once. That would be nice. But yes…get mad over what appears to be a properly served warrant because of actual improper actions by Trump.

Last edited:

The point is the worst case I can remember by a politico is that result. Does something like that really justify a raid like what we had today? I hope they have way, way more that they found over and above some dispute over classified documents that the FBI had access to in any case. Otherwise this will justifiably be called political persecution. I'm reserving judgment, but damn the FBI better bring the goods, i.e. Kirk Gibson style homer level goods.

The point is the worst case I can remember by a politico is that result. Does something like that really justify a raid like what we had today? I hope they have way, way more that they found over and above some dispute over classified documents that the FBI had access to in any case. Otherwise this will justifiably be called political persecution. I'm reserving judgment, but damn the FBI better bring the goods, i.e. Kirk Gibson style homer level goods.
First…serving a warrant is not exactly a raid. We should probably stop referring to it that way. The secret service was informed it was going to happen and cooperated.

First…serving a warrant is not exactly a raid. We should probably stop referring to it that way. The secret service was informed it was going to happen and cooperated.
100 FBI agents showing up unannounced (Secret Service notwithstanding) is absolutely a raid. Heck, they brought a safecracker! (Word is the safe was empty).

I would think if there was any incriminating in regards to J6 Trump would have destroyed it by now. Why would he keep anything like that around?

WI really don't get it.

6 years ago, y'all were demanding the FBI investigate Hillary, chanting it over and over at campaign rallies.

Today, the FBI finally looks into what we all knew was happening, and you whine about political persecution.

Was "Lock her up" nothing but political persecution, and we should assume presidential candidates should never be investigated for anything?

Last edited:
Even if he has classified documents, which doesn't appear to be in dispute:
1) Is this illegal for a former President?
2) What type, or how sensitive, would this information be to justify the political fall-out of this? There would have to be something huge to justify this, not just classified information, but the type that would be leave no doubt. Any ideas on what that could even be? Trump in contact directly with far right groups for Jan 6?

Yea, this can't just be a simple "he had 100 classified documents" thing. Unless they knew those things were huge, but also knew that they would be there exactly when they raided. I mean, this dude, if true, took these docs over 7 months ago. If it is about those docs, they must have known that they were in his house at that moment.

2) What type, or how sensitive, would this information be to justify the political fall-out of this? There would have to be something huge to justify this, not just classified information, but the type that would be leave no doubt. Any ideas on what that could even be? Trump in contact directly with far right groups for Jan 6?
Good questions. There’s an obscure Federal Law - Section 2071 of Title 18 of the United States Code — that makes it a crime if someone who has custody of government documents or records “willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies or destroys” them.

If convicted, defendants can be fined or sentenced to prison for up to three years. In addition, the statute says, if they are currently in a federal office, they “shall forfeit” that office, and they shall “be disqualified from holding any office under the United States.”

This tweet is correct: "Nope, can't impose qualifications on holding the presidency by statute—the qualifications are set out in the Constitution. The search for 'one weird trick' to banish Trump from politics will have to continue."

The president can declassify anything he wants. I don't know what the procedure is for doing that, but maybe Trump will claim that he declassified everything that ended up at Mar-a-Lago.

Otherwise, yes, mishandling classified documents is illegal. And these documents are apparently "so sensitive they may not be able to be described in forthcoming inventory reports in an unclassified way" (link).

Users who are viewing this thread