What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (5 Viewers)

He pretended to read the transcript of the phone call saying "I don't see much reprisosity here.  I hear what you want, have a favor I want from you though, and I am going to say this only seven times so you better listen good.  I want you to make up dirt on my political opponent understand lots of it."

Straight lying hack.
Thanks.  He clarifies “in essence” so he’s not technically lying.  I don’t get the reference to seven or eight times. Regardless, though, he shouldn’t have said it that way.

He pretended to read the transcript of the phone call saying "I don't see much reprisosity here.  I hear what you want, have a favor I want from you though, and I am going to say this only seven times so you better listen good.  I want you to make up dirt on my political opponent understand lots of it."

Straight lying hack.
What do the words "in essence" mean to you?

I knew when I heard Schiff do that it was a mistake because Trump supporters would insist he was lying or making stuff up. Most people listening know that he was offering a translation of what Trump actually meant, and an accurate one at that. 

Wasn’t Schiff’s best moment. In the larger scheme of things, won’t matter much. The actual transcript of the call released was a total disaster for Trump and evidence of an impeachable offense. 

Any thoughts here -> Post?
Not a Trump supporter but I'll take a shot here. It's not even hard to answer

Trump and those closest to him have become so paranoid at this point that they feel nothing is safe from the “Deep State” It doesn’t matter if I or you believe in the “Deep State” but they do. 

The fact that the phone call did leak.... well think about it, 

One thing I disagree with Schiff about is I think Trump and Rudy believe in the Biden conspiracy theory.  I might be wrong but that’s my gut feeling.

So about this Rudy thing, is it really possible the State Department was asking him to talk to the Ukrainian government on behalf of the US? When he first said that I thought he was a raving lunatic with clear signs of dementia. But now he is providing text messages that say as much? I can't fathom how this could be possible but it wouldn't be the first time I was shocked in the past couple of years.

Trump and those closest to him have become so paranoid at this point that they feel nothing is safe from the “Deep State” It doesn’t matter if I or you believe in the “Deep State” but they do. 

Thought about it. Probably it was leaked because of the President's apparent illegal actions.

And how refreshing that a non Trump supporter comes to the defense of Trump

Last edited by a moderator:
You and I have a common area of agreement about the importance of this issue and we obviously differ on details about process. I will say that if Trump manages to rip this guy apart and expose him (or her) then you will have a better point moving forward. Hopefully that is not what happens. But let me also point out that by using this WB mechanism the Dems have moved towards impeachment right away. It would have been good to see what would have happened had Snowden and Manning taken this route but we will never know.
Even national security whistleblowers who rigorously follow protocol often undergo vicious legal and professional reprisal. In 2007, for instance, after four senior National Security Agency officials and a member of the House Select Committee on Intelligence blew the whistle through official channels to the Defense Department inspector general about massive fraud and misconduct at the agency that they believed had facilitated the 9/11 attacks, officials at the inspector general’s office itself apparently identified them to the Department of Justice as potential leakers.

This revelation led to FBI raids of their homes at dawn, threats of criminal prosecution and the permanent end to five illustrious careers in public service. One of the five whistleblowers, Thomas Drake, was actually indicted on 10 criminal counts under laws including the Espio­nage Act, and was threatened with 35 years in prison after the FBI discovered documents in his home that they alleged were “highly classified.” (They were in fact unclassified documents that NSA officials retroactively pronounced as classified after they were seized from Drake.) The DOJ’s case was so feeble and overblown that it collapsed on the eve of trial, leading Judge Richard Bennett to condemn the prosecution’s treatment of Drake as “unconscionable.” “It is at the very root of what this country was founded on—against general warrants of the British,” Bennett exclaimed. “It was one of the most fundamental things in the Bill of Rights that this country was not to be exposed to people knocking on the door with government authority and coming into their homes.” Nevertheless, Drake lost his job and his security clearances, and became permanently unemployable in national defense.

We already know what happens- they get professionally blackballed, subjected to legal nightmares and have their lives ruined.  You don't need to wait for this CIA guy's story to play out to know that.  

It's been validated by the Inspector General (appointed by Trump), the acting DNI (appointed by Trump), and Trump himself. That's not hearsay.
It’s been blatantly obviously for a long while now that unless Trump said the exact phrase...... “I would like to enter into a formal quid pro quo with you as the leader of a foreign government.  In exchange for investigating Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, for the express purpose of gaining information I can use against a potential political rival I will release the hold on the military aid our country agreed to provide you with quite some time ago. Do you agree to the terms of this quid pro quo I am officially subjecting you to as the Donald J Trump President is the United States?”  .... there was exactly zero chance any Trump supporters here would express issues with what had taken place.  And in fact the stronger likelihood would be them still supporting him and praising Trump for being the only one willing to standing up to corruption.   

I think Trump was referring to the "whistleblower" who the NYT stated is actually a CIA officer who was placed in the White House.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/26/us/politics/who-is-whistleblower.html

If in fact the CIA placed someone in the White House to spy on the administration and their investigation into Spygate (which implicates the CIA in working with foreign agents to interfere with an election... the IRONY) then this "whistleblower" probably does deserve the maximum punishment allowed.

Hence Trump's comment. In the old days we used to execute traitorous spies.
wat

At what point to do you start making Rudy "disappear" for about 8 months?  I mean most of the other gang can shoot straight in their testimony BS game.  I am becoming increasingly amazed Rudy can form sentences at this point.   Rudy would definitely be my last person for testimony because he could invalidate everyone else and not even know he did it.

White House confirms whistleblower report that there is a tape of the phone call stored for National security, even though the phone call has no national security implications. They haven’t explained why they did this.  

It’s been blatantly obviously for a long while now that unless Trump said the exact phrase...... “I would like to enter into a formal quid pro quo with you as the leader of a foreign government.  In exchange for investigating Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, for the express purpose of gaining information I can use against a potential political rival I will release the hold on the military aid our country agreed to provide you with quite some time ago. Do you agree to the terms of this quid pro quo I am officially subjecting you to as the Donald J Trump President is the United States?”  .... there was exactly zero chance any Trump supporters here would express issues with what had taken place.  And in fact the stronger likelihood would be them still supporting him and praising Trump for being the only one willing to standing up to corruption.   
That still wouldn't do it because he didn't say "illegal formal quid pro quo".

No, Maguire was pressed repeatedly by Schiff and he said he couldn't verify anything because it is an allegation.  He also proved he acted correctly and it went through the proper channels.
If they couldn't corroborate any of it, why did they call it "credible and urgent"?
The IG did corroborate enough to establish credibility, not enough for it to be considered fact. 

So, if I am following the logic here.  The White House is so concerned about the Deep State that they are now resorting to putting completely harmless (in their view) documents on some of the most secure portions of the WH network?  Because?  I think that's probably the BEST one will come up with.  Unfortunately, being in that sort of paranoid state of mind now brings the 25th Amendment into play.  

Personally, I think there is a much neater, cleaner explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:
So about this Rudy thing, is it really possible the State Department was asking him to talk to the Ukrainian government on behalf of the US? When he first said that I thought he was a raving lunatic with clear signs of dementia. But now he is providing text messages that say as much? I can't fathom how this could be possible but it wouldn't be the first time I was shocked in the past couple of years.
Maybe they are just keeping tabs on him?

White House confirms whistleblower report that there is a tape of the phone call stored for National security, even though the phone call has no national security implications. They haven’t explained why they did this.  
A tape or an full transcript or an edited summary of a transcript?

Also, isn't it very possible that Ukraine has audio recordings of the call?

A tape or an full transcript or an edited summary of a transcript?

Also, isn't it very possible that Ukraine has audio recordings of the call?
NBC said a recording.

No idea about Ukraine, but let’s leave those poor folks alone for a while. They really don’t want to get into the middle of this. 

Users who are viewing this thread