What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'Fear The Walking Dead' Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Is there a chance they make the characters in Fear too logical and thus kill TWD? They totally have a chance to do a better job here.
Doubt it...no blood at all at the scene of Calvin's shooting...so it looks like the writers will continue to make illogical leaps to get from plot point to plot point.
You picked this as an example? Calvin died instantly. The heart stops pumping so little blood.
Yeah but there was no blood at all. Definitely a missed detail.
The whole front of his shirt was covered with blood.
Wait...so he died instantly so no blood or his shirt was covered with it?Pick one.

There should've been SOMETHING at the scene when they walked up...but there wasn't so the main characters could still think the kid was seeing things.

It's writers BS.

But whatever...it's not gonna change...will only get worse from here as it continues to grow in popularity until we have CSI:Walking Dead.

Might as well ride the bomb into the ground and enjoy it on the way down.
Ok.
Don't pick up the bait. Tdoss complained like this in TWD thread and most of the time he was completely off base. It is not worth it.
Yea...I'm gonna need a link to some of these instances...should be easy since it's was "most of the time".

Care to show your work?

Or maybe we can move on and you can point out where I'm wrong here?

Is there a chance they make the characters in Fear too logical and thus kill TWD? They totally have a chance to do a better job here.
Doubt it...no blood at all at the scene of Calvin's shooting...so it looks like the writers will continue to make illogical leaps to get from plot point to plot point.
You picked this as an example? Calvin died instantly. The heart stops pumping so little blood.
How about the gun? JDepp didn't pick it up. I believe he left it on the ground. But when they went back to look for Calvin I didn't notice the gun. I thought it was rather amusing that they drove down that tunnel and didn't see Calvin but he ended up coming down the tunnel from the way they originally came in.
They showed the gun after they came back.

How about the gun? JDepp didn't pick it up. I believe he left it on the ground. But when they went back to look for Calvin I didn't notice the gun. I thought it was rather amusing that they drove down that tunnel and didn't see Calvin but he ended up coming down the tunnel from the way they originally came in.
the gun was absolutely there on the ground when they came back. And the tunnel was big and dark. He couldve been in the shadows and when they passed by he came out of the shadows.

This show has been on for exactly one episode and this thread is already one of the worst TV show threads ever (using the crappy post per page ratio).

Good work, boys.

This show has been on for exactly one episode and this thread is already one of the worst TV show threads ever (using the crappy post per page ratio).

Good work, boys.
Which is really funny considering I found this new episode of this version to be more realistic than any of the originals.

Was ok, not very good. I dislike the main character, his mom and his sister. The dad is about the only character that is likeable, imo. And the drug dealer. But now he's dead.
Who was likeable in TWD pilot?
Rick. And I always liked Shane's character.
Morgan as well.
I had comic bias coming in and liked Andrea, Dale, and Karl from the jump. Hated Daryl because he doesn't exist in the comic. Boy did I have that #### backwards.
I didn't read the comic prior so had no expectations at all. I disliked Andrea, Dale and Karl from the start. I couldn't imagine the journey without Daryl. They had Gimble on Talking Dead last night and they were talking about the sizable riot they'd have on their hands if he killed off Daryl anytime soon.
You know nothing, Jon Snow...

Personally I hope the junkie kid dies this season.
Just got around to watching it. At the start of the show I found myself repeatedly chanting, "Please hit this guy with a car so he's not a recurring character..." Guess I should have specified "fatally".

Just one episode, but so far I thought it was eh. Not good, not bad. Will wait and see how it goes.

I think I might have liked it if this show had started out with a number of different people spread out, and see the outbreak through each of their eyes, until eventually they end up together.

Either that, or each season you see the outbreak through different people's eyes, focusing on a different aspect. Kind of like how The Wire had each season focus on something... the drug trade, the dock workers, the newspaper, city government, etc. Someone here mentioned the government reaction to TWD, the military reaction, etc. I think a season devoted to each of those with different casts could be entertaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I hope the junkie kid dies this season.
Just got around to watching it. At the start of the show I found myself repeatedly chanting, "Please hit this guy with a car so he's not a recurring character..." Guess I should have specified "fatally".

Just one episode, but so far I thought it was eh. Not good, not bad. Will wait and see how it goes.

I think I might have liked it if this show had started out with a number of different people spread out, and see the outbreak through each of their eyes, until eventually they end up together.

Either that, or each season you see the outbreak through different people's eyes, focusing on a different aspect. Kind of like how The Wire had each season focus on something... the drug trade, the dock workers, the newspaper, city government, etc. Someone here mentioned the government reaction to TWD, the military reaction, etc. I think a season devoted to each of those with different casts could be entertaining.
the only word that fits is Underwhelming ....at least in the first episode of TWD they had several scenes that grabbed you...i didnt see any one scene that made me want to keep watching...im hoping that changes soon

Was ok, not very good. I dislike the main character, his mom and his sister. The dad is about the only character that is likeable, imo. And the drug dealer. But now he's dead.
Morgan as well.
I had comic bias coming in and liked Andrea, Dale, and Karl from the jump. Hated Daryl because he doesn't exist in the comic. Boy did I have that #### backwards.
I didn't read the comic prior so had no expectations at all. I disliked Andrea, Dale and Karl from the start. I couldn't imagine the journey without Daryl. They had Gimble on Talking Dead last night and they were talking about the sizable riot they'd have on their hands if he killed off Daryl anytime soon.
I miss Ygritte, too. :(

Morgan as well.
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: So why did you kill Jon Snow?

GEORGE R.R. MARTIN: Oh, you think hes dead, do you?

tdoss said:
Jobber said:
jamny said:
Jobber said:
tdoss said:
Wait...so he died instantly so no blood or his shirt was covered with it?

Pick one.

There should've been SOMETHING at the scene when they walked up...but there wasn't so the main characters could still think the kid was seeing things.

It's writers BS.

But whatever...it's not gonna change...will only get worse from here as it continues to grow in popularity until we have CSI:Walking Dead.

He got shot in his front with a low caliber gun. Bullet hit his heart so his blood stopped flowing immediately. Only place for blood to come out was the bullet hole, and since his heart wasn't pumping anymore, only so much came out, which was soaked up by his shirt.

the only word that fits is Underwhelming ....at least in the first episode of TWD they had several scenes that grabbed you...i didnt see any one scene that made me want to keep watching...im hoping that changes soon
For me, the people huddling around the computer watching the video of that guy on the exit ramp reanimate and attack the EMTs/police was enough to make me want to come back next week.

For me, the people huddling around the computer watching the video of that guy on the exit ramp reanimate and attack the EMTs/police was enough to make me want to come back next week.
yeah.

but there's a combo of things that intriguing and distracting.

enticing: I like TWD and am curious about more of a genesis storyline.

distracting: zombies have turned into splatter fodder more than legitimate threats (other than the ninja forest variety), and the "rules" of the TWD years later are already understood- so part of this is just sitting around waiting for #### we already know about.

tdoss said:
stbugs said:
Jobber said:
tdoss said:
Jobber said:
jamny said:
Jobber said:
tdoss said:
Wait...so he died instantly so no blood or his shirt was covered with it?Pick one.

It's writers BS.

Ok.
Don't pick up the bait. Tdoss complained like this in TWD thread and most of the time he was completely off base. It is not worth it.
Yea...I'm gonna need a link to some of these instances...should be easy since it's was "most of the time".

Care to show your work?

HULK already posted one thing above and I tend to trust his ability to watch shows better than yours. Also, see the shady/homer posts above about the gun, which seem to back my thoughts. I know the gun wasn't you specifically, just shows another instance where people complain about stuff being unrealistic and bad writing when it is just people who crap in this thread trying to nitpick every thing they can find wrong instead of sitting back and enjoying a show. As to going back through the other thread, no thanks. I remember you, no big deal, but if even OPM thinks the thread has sunk to a new low that should tell you something.

Anyway, I'll stop replying to your incessant whiny posts about the writing and I look forward to watching episode 2. Make sure you sharpen your pencil before you go back to writing in your What's Wrong This Week by Tdoss TV show diary. ;)

Zow said:
Officer Pete Malloy said:

Good work, boys.
Which is really funny considering I found this new episode of this version to be more realistic than any of the originals.
Agreed, but I think because it is a "spin-off" there is so much history that some folks are trying to find holes. I liked the way we are seeing day 1 if you will and we have the conspiracy theorists (pimply kid) finding out about first instances on the web, teenage girls thinking it is just a youtube fake and people not knowing WTF is happening. They will soon and I hope they stay at the same pace. I don't want it to be TWD: Los Angeles.

I'm really enjoying this thread imo.

AMC really getting it done: Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Humans, Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead are shows that rank highly.

They're vastly superior to most of what is out there (ie, NCIS: Wherever, CSI: Somewhere, Bachelor In Paradise, anything from Chuck Lorre).

I didn't love the pilot, but my expectations were probably too high... and I likely need to be more patient in letting them develop the characters.

Just watched the episode yesterday. I read that this show is an examination of how a character like the governor came to be. How someone decent descends into that craziness. I am guessing the junky is the character but did you guys already come to a diff conclusion?

Just watched the episode yesterday. I read that this show is an examination of how a character like the governor came to be. How someone decent descends into that craziness. I am guessing the junky is the character but did you guys already come to a diff conclusion?
Yes, I always try to predict stuff like this that will take several seasons to develop.

I'm really enjoying this thread imo.

AMC really getting it done: Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Humans, Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead are shows that rank highly.

They're vastly superior to most of what is out there (ie, NCIS: Wherever, CSI: Somewhere, Bachelor In Paradise, anything from Chuck Lorre).
You shut your whore mouth!

It's obviously the teacher dude. Which means that most of the family will be dead by the end of Season 2/midseason finale of Season 3.

So predictable. :rolleyes:

HULK already posted one thing above and I tend to trust his ability to watch shows better than yours. Also, see the shady/homer posts above about the gun, which seem to back my thoughts. I know the gun wasn't you specifically, just shows another instance where people complain about stuff being unrealistic and bad writing when it is just people who crap in this thread trying to nitpick every thing they can find wrong instead of sitting back and enjoying a show. As to going back through the other thread, no thanks. I remember you, no big deal, but if even OPM thinks the thread has sunk to a new low that should tell you something.
Anyway, I'll stop replying to your incessant whiny posts about the writing and I look forward to watching episode 2. Make sure you sharpen your pencil before you go back to writing in your What's Wrong This Week by Tdoss TV show diary. ;)
To be fair, when it comes to being consistent, having people behave realistically, and getting obvious details right, I struggle to think of a show as bad as TWD had been. They routinely sacrifice such things to get to some visually intense or emotionally intense moment. That people have that mindset now watching it is the show's own fault.

Though as I criticize TWD, I thought they did a little bit better job in this pilot. All it took was the brief shot of Nick taking money from the wallet and throwing the wallet away to clearly spell out that they are not his clothes, and that he now has money. So it's reasonable when he has a newly bought burner phone in the next scene.

That's the kind of stuff that TWD often did not take the time for. And all it takes is a few seconds on the screen to make what happens reasonable. Not doing it and leaving your audience doubting what they see was just lazy or bad film making.

Apparently there will be a Fear season 1.5. A half hour or so special about a zombie outbreak on a plane bound for lax will air during commercial breaks during the original Walking Dead this year. They'll drip it out a little each week. A survivor of this will end up joining the main cast on season 2 of Fear.

To be fair, when it comes to being consistent, having people behave realistically, and getting obvious details right, I struggle to think of a show as bad as TWD had been. They routinely sacrifice such things to get to some visually intense or emotionally intense moment. That people have that mindset now watching it is the show's own fault.

Though as I criticize TWD, I thought they did a little bit better job in this pilot. All it took was the brief shot of Nick taking money from the wallet and throwing the wallet away to clearly spell out that they are not his clothes, and that he now has money. So it's reasonable when he has a newly bought burner phone in the next scene.

That's the kind of stuff that TWD often did not take the time for. And all it takes is a few seconds on the screen to make what happens reasonable. Not doing it and leaving your audience doubting what they see was just lazy or bad film making.
i don't expect it as much on TV vs a movie, where you're limited to 40 mins to move things along vs 2 hrs.

Apparently there will be a Fear season 1.5. A half hour or so special about a zombie outbreak on a plane bound for lax will air during commercial breaks during the original Walking Dead this year. They'll drip it out a little each week. A survivor of this will end up joining the main cast on season 2 of Fear.
That's pretty cool...

i don't expect it as much on TV vs a movie, where you're limited to 40 mins to move things along vs 2 hrs.
Like I said, the wallet scene they did it right with, was brief. All it took was a couple of seconds on screen. Some of the times I criticized in the TWD thread for things they did, I suggested similarly brief things that would have avoided their issues.

It rarely had to do with being limited by time.

:thumbup:

Wait...so he died instantly so no blood or his shirt was covered with it?

Pick one.

It's writers BS.

He got shot in his front with a low caliber gun. Bullet hit his heart so his blood stopped flowing immediately. Only place for blood to come out was the bullet hole, and since his heart wasn't pumping anymore, only so much came out, which was soaked up by his shirt.
Cool...I'll accept it.

It's writers BS.

Ok.

Care to show your work?

What does the gun have to do with my saying it was ridiculous to not have any blood on the scene?

You seem to mix everyone's complaints under my umbrella or something.

I didn't call you out in this thread...you rattled my cage.

Just like you did in the other thread.

And like I said in the other thread, "Keep my name out your mouth...and we'll be cool".

Yep...I actually think this episode was handled much better than most of TWD. It was thought out well and seemed plausible...I just had a problem with them staging the scene of Calvin's murder for the big reveal with the zombie coming behind the truck.

Really loved that the kid backed over him and then ran him down again...that was awesome.

watched it again last night- I think a lot was going down behind the scenes- If you listen, every time they were outside you heard constant helicopters and sirens- maybe they were just so focused on the druggie to notice? authorities/ health officials (they knew something bad was happening in the hospital when the old man coded) trying to keep things under wrap to not cause panic?
Yes, I noticed this too.
makes me wonder if the government had some weaponized virus leak and they warned all police and medical to get ready for a situation?
Doesnt matter, cause you will never hear anything about what caused it, ever, on either show.

I liked it. I like the slow start, learning more about the people, and how #### is hitting the fan gradually. I like the potential government/civil cover-up angle. I thought the acting was good in general, Cliff Curtis is cool, and besides his walking like a shackled prisoner on death row, I actually liked the performance of the druggie kid. overall, I thought it was good, and I'm in.

on the other hand, this thread awful.
This thread had zero chance to be anything other than horrible

Yep...I actually think this episode was handled much better than most of TWD. It was thought out well and seemed plausible...I just had a problem with them staging the scene of Calvin's murder for the big reveal with the zombie coming behind the truck.

Really loved that the kid backed over him and then ran him down again...that was awesome.
And they had the car doing the annoying door is open bong noise in the background of the scene, which was also a normal nod of realism not normally in twd unless it is going to be used as a plot device.

Good work, boys.
Look. His step dad when to drug den where there was allegedly a double homicide in the middle of the night. Who the #### would do that? In the church he has a kid screaming "they're all gone" there is blood smeared on the walls and a pool of blood on the ground. Oh and why? to determine if his son in law is crazy. What does he do? Gets back to the hospital with the proof and forgets to tell him. TERRIBLE

Oh and did that doctor just hit a guy with a defibrillator twice because someone unplugged his monitor? I am pretty sure that MD killed that guy.

I can't drive straight backwards for more than 10 feet while I am going 5 miles per hour. But a kid nodding out on heroin can floor it backwards and pick off a guy that is locked up with him mom 30 yards away? Bull####.

This show is terrible.

Loan Sharks said:

Good work, boys.
Look. His step dad when to drug den where there was allegedly a double homicide in the middle of the night. Who the #### would do that? In the church he has a kid screaming "they're all gone" there is blood smeared on the walls and a pool of blood on the ground. Oh and why? to determine if his son in law is crazy. What does he do? Gets back to the hospital with the proof and forgets to tell him. TERRIBLE

Oh and did that doctor just hit a guy with a defibrillator twice because someone unplugged his monitor? I am pretty sure that MD killed that guy.

I can't drive straight backwards for more than 10 feet while I am going 5 miles per hour. But a kid nodding out on heroin can floor it backwards and pick off a guy that is locked up with him mom 30 yards away? Bull####.

This show is terrible.
You forgot to mention that dead people come back to life and eat people.

Agreed, terrible

Users who are viewing this thread