What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Our best D seems be possessing the ball and attacking. Turtling has resulted in a shooting gallery.

That looked like an awful yellow on LD.

with a two goal lead you should be marking the front guys on the hip - sadly we're just letting them run on by

Last edited by a moderator:
'OC Zed said:
Whatever happened to that giant defender we had - Guchioni (sp???)? I knew he ripped up his knee, but shouldn't he have been recovered and on this team by now?
Onyewu. He is on the team but has not played a minute all tournament and did not dress tonight. His form never recovered after the injury.

'OC Zed said:
Whatever happened to that giant defender we had - Guchioni (sp???)? I knew he ripped up his knee, but shouldn't he have been recovered and on this team by now?
Onyewu. He is on the team but has not played a minute all tournament and did not dress tonight. His form never recovered after the injury.
Yep, shame too. I think he's done for good.

Bob had one other choice in back but it was likely worse than the one he used.

He could have subbed in Ream for Cher and pushed Boca out wide again.

'OC Zed said:
Yep, shame too. I think he's done for good.
I think I agree, at least at the international level.

'OC Zed said:
Bob had one other choice in back but it was likely worse than the one he used. He could have subbed in Ream for Cher and pushed Boca out wide again.
But Mexico was still getting good scoring opportunities even before Cherendolo left. I'm not sure the score would be different without the injury.
Probably true but there is no one who hoped Bornstein would be in this game over Cher.

This feels like a 4-2, 5-2 type game.

Bradley needs to figure out whether to give up offensively and try and get this to OT. I am not sure what tactically he can do here.

Serious question - I know he's at the very tail-end of his career and plays right back, but would you rather have Frankie Hejduk on the roster than Bornstein? I think I might.

Serious question - I know he's at the very tail-end of his career and plays right back, but would you rather have Frankie Hejduk on the roster than Bornstein? I think I might.
I don't know anything about these players, but from what I've seen/heard from you guys, I think I'd rather have you out there than Bornstein.

This feels like a 4-2, 5-2 type game. Bradley needs to figure out whether to give up offensively and try and get this to OT. I am not sure what tactically he can do here.
For most of that half, it felt like we gave up offensively. We've had very few opportunities compared with Mexico which seems to have a solid one every few minutes.

This feels like a 4-2, 5-2 type game. Bradley needs to figure out whether to give up offensively and try and get this to OT. I am not sure what tactically he can do here.
For most of that half, it felt like we gave up offensively. We've had very few opportunities compared with Mexico which seems to have a solid one every few minutes.
It is playing exactly as we predicted in terms of opportunities for anyone who has watched the tournament. With the US being at less than full strength and Mexico peaking, most of us thought this would be a blow itStill feels like it might be.

'OC Zed said:
Thoughts on US subs in the 2nd half?
Honestly there is not a lot of choices. We are so far down the depth chart already. I would guess Agudelo in for whom ever appears the most tired at 60 and then the last sub will be situational depending on how the game is going.

Users who are viewing this thread