What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

While Glenn may come back as a flashback or whatever, it still doesn't explain why he wasn't on Talking Dead last night for them to give him a send off they have done for every other major character that's died.

Unless....

When it happened, I immediately said, "That sucks. No one will even know he died because there were no witnesses to his death." So maybe we'll see zombie Glenn come into camp and Maggie will then realize that Glenn is dead. THEN, he'll appear on Talking Dead.

While Glenn may come back as a flashback or whatever, it still doesn't explain why he wasn't on Talking Dead last night for them to give him a send off they have done for every other major character that's died.

Unless....

When it happened, I immediately said, "That sucks. No one will even know he died because there were no witnesses to his death." So maybe we'll see zombie Glenn come into camp and Maggie will then realize that Glenn is dead. THEN, he'll appear on Talking Dead.
A major character has never died on this show without the other characters knowing about it. So if you wanted to believe Glenn's still alive that would seem to be a pretty good reason to cling to. Unless they plan to bring him back as a Walker but I would be really surprised if that happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean yeah it would seem real stupid if he fell off the dumpster with a hoard around him and laid there for a while and survived. Countless shows have left little end of show/season cliffhangers like this before, and then during the next show they show was REALLy happened which was ever so slightly different from what we saw at the end of the previous show.

For example in this case, when the camera panned out and you see a hoard of walkers eating at the dumpster, he may have already escaped, but they did not show that part. They may have just skipped from him laying there seeing Nicholas get eaten to a view of the entire area from above, skipping how he got out of it. Could have been the flare, could have been gunfire elsewhere, could have been something else.

Hopefully he survives in a dumb way so the show haters will stop watching. Nah. That isnt even a possibility. You people will NEVER stop watching. Ever.
Why do you hate good writing?
I keep forgetting that there isn't any in this show

The directors obviously wanted it to remain a mystery as to Glens death. In accordance to this, he probably wasn't on Talking Dead either because of this. It's all a big mystery, just like the directors/writers wanted. They want everyone to talk about it, to further promote it. We have been baited, and have fallen for it.

Hook, line, sinker.

Who shot JR????

The directors obviously wanted it to remain a mystery as to Glens death. In accordance to this, he probably wasn't on Talking Dead either because of this. It's all a big mystery, just like the directors/writers wanted. They want everyone to talk about it, to further promote it. We have been baited, and have fallen for it.

Hook, line, sinker.

Who shot JR????
Dammit! :hot: Why do I fall for this bait by watching shows I generally like! :shakesfistinair:

I could see them doing an episode searching for Glenn, lots of flashbacks where people remember what he did for the person searching for him or how he brought them together. And then they find the body and the watch...

There are also other options as well as some have mentioned. Hadnt seen it mentioned but Merle appeared to Daryl as visions in season 2 when he got injured searching for Sophia.

FWIW...a picture has been leaked of "episode 11" with Glen standing around with Maggie, Rick and Darryl
Link?
http://thespoilingdeadfans.tumblr.com/

center of page at the bottom...lots of spoilers at that site so tread at your own risk!
there's a better one....

this one is much more telling

the dude in the beanie is "Jesus", a new character to be introduced in the next couple of episodes

FWIW...a picture has been leaked of "episode 11" with Glen standing around with Maggie, Rick and Darryl
Link?
http://thespoilingdeadfans.tumblr.com/

center of page at the bottom...lots of spoilers at that site so tread at your own risk!
there's a better one....

this one is much more telling

the dude in the beanie is "Jesus", a new character to be introduced in the next couple of episodes
Pretty much seals it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zySmwCeFp0I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zySmwCeFp0I

Hmmm. Watching that scene again, they both pulled out their knives as they got on top of the dumpster, both clearly out of bullets. Nicholas had the knife in his hand the whole time, did not once show the gun.

Could it be a dream thing?

Hmmm. Watching that scene again, they both pulled out their knives as they got on top of the dumpster, both clearly out of bullets. Nicholas had the knife in his hand the whole time, did not once show the gun.

. Yeah, his "snapped" vision. Im going with the theory he wasnt on the talking dead so he aint dead

Dream sequences are almost always epic fails. If this is the way Gimple plans to go he'd better have come up with one helluva explanation.

I don't think there will be any of Maggie searching for Glenn. He'll be in the horde that hits Alexandria.
That would be cool.

ETA: On the other hand if the horde eats him then would there be anything left to walk. I guess he would get away but be bitten in the process and be determined to reach Alexandria before he died to say goodbye to Maggie. But he doesn't get there in time and transforms on his way.

The Good:

- close-ups of the walker faces around the dumpster.

- the fact they didn't have Rick call out to Glenn and all you hear on Glenn's side is the sound of walkers feeding (that would have been a bit over the top, but you've seen things like that in tons of shows).

The Bad:

- Killing off that woman with the bad leg. She had a lovely jiggle to her.

- Glenn being killed off

- Darryl and that whole waste of time riding around doing nothing. I know a lot of people love that kind of thing, but to me its a time waster.

The Ugly:

- if they have Glenn come out of that alive, it will be jumping the shark (as several have stated).

eta. I don't think they were Glenn's intestines being ripped out as it looked like it was coming out of Glenn's chest area. Although if that's guy's stomach was over Glenn's chest, there would have been a lot of Glenn exposed. One other thing supporting a "Glenn is alive" scenario is that when they panned out of the close-up shot of Glenn being ripped apart (or not), they showed that there were only a couple of walkers feeding, with the space being too tight. That's why you had all those walkers doing the sleepwalk move (hands in front of them trying to get them some sweet Chinese food.
:goodposting:

The Good:

- close-ups of the walker faces around the dumpster.

- the fact they didn't have Rick call out to Glenn and all you hear on Glenn's side is the sound of walkers feeding (that would have been a bit over the top, but you've seen things like that in tons of shows).

The Bad:

- Killing off that woman with the bad leg. She had a lovely jiggle to her.

- Glenn being killed off

- Darryl and that whole waste of time riding around doing nothing. I know a lot of people love that kind of thing, but to me its a time waster.

The Ugly:

- if they have Glenn come out of that alive, it will be jumping the shark (as several have stated).

eta. I don't think they were Glenn's intestines being ripped out as it looked like it was coming out of Glenn's chest area. Although if that's guy's stomach was over Glenn's chest, there would have been a lot of Glenn exposed. One other thing supporting a "Glenn is alive" scenario is that when they panned out of the close-up shot of Glenn being ripped apart (or not), they showed that there were only a couple of walkers feeding, with the space being too tight. That's why you had all those walkers doing the sleepwalk move (hands in front of them trying to get them some sweet Chinese food.
:goodposting:
I noticed none of the zombie-actors went for the boob bite on her...

. Yeah, his "snapped" vision. Im going with the theory he wasnt on the talking dead so he aint dead
This "explanation " is probably the only one someone like comfortably numb might accept. Glenn was a having a "if I don't something we are both dead" snap vision.. in two weeks we will "jump back" to the point of them climbing on the dumpster, Glenn has the vision, snap back to reality where he finds a way out. :shrug:

Just watched this week's episode spoiler-free. I can't believe anybody is arguing that Glenn survives or that that scene was somehow ambiguous. But that's how this thread goes, I suppose.

This "explanation " is probably the only one someone like comfortably numb might accept. Glenn was a having a "if I don't something we are both dead" snap vision.. in two weeks we will "jump back" to the point of them climbing on the dumpster, Glenn has the vision, snap back to reality where he finds a way out. :shrug:
Right

My issue is surviving that situation.

I mean yeah it would seem real stupid if he fell off the dumpster with a hoard around him and laid there for a while and survived. Countless shows have left little end of show/season cliffhangers like this before, and then during the next show they show was REALLy happened which was ever so slightly different from what we saw at the end of the previous show.

For example in this case, when the camera panned out and you see a hoard of walkers eating at the dumpster, he may have already escaped, but they did not show that part. They may have just skipped from him laying there seeing Nicholas get eaten to a view of the entire area from above, skipping how he got out of it. Could have been the flare, could have been gunfire elsewhere, could have been something else.

Hopefully he survives in a dumb way so the show haters will stop watching. Nah. That isnt even a possibility. You people will NEVER stop watching. Ever.
After Glenn survives this (he will, c'mon people) someone needs to create a Dukes of Hazzard version of this scene. "Looks like that Glenn kid is in a whole heap o' trouble".

Just watched this week's episode spoiler-free. I can't believe anybody is arguing that Glenn survives or that that scene was somehow ambiguous. But that's how this thread goes, I suppose.
We would not be having this conversation except for the fact that they did not list Glenn as dead on the Talking Dead and this cryptic message from Scott Gimple saying that Glenn will be back in some shape or form later in the season

We would not be having this conversation except for the fact that they did not list Glenn as dead on the Talking Dead and this cryptic message from Scott Gimple saying that Glenn will be back in some shape or form later in the season
He will speak to people after death like Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars.

A little Glenn head will appear in a corner of your TV screen.

Im marking down all the doubters... comfortably numb, ik, moops

I'll be sure to bump when you're wrong

snogger said:
tommyboy said:
Copeman said:

If it happened in the middle of the show nobody would care at all.

I think it would be fine now.

Lovely critics will have a field day

A lot of the cast are big on social media and when a main character dies there's typically an outpouring of affection toward the actor. There's been none of that with Steven Yeun. Perhaps everyone was told not to say anything about this but if you're looking for another reason to believe Glenn is alive that could be one.

James Daulton said:
Why would they treat Glen's death any different than how they've handled other major character deaths? What's the point of ambiguity? It's not like this show needs to build up intrigue or buzz to be successful.
You must have missed the 20 pages of this thread following Lori's death where people argued whether it actually happened or not.

shadyridr said:
Im marking down all the doubters... comfortably numb, ik, moops

I'll be sure to bump when you're wrong
If it was a dream sequence...blah whatever....but if he survived that scene I will not watch anymore or eat Chinese food til the series ends as protest.

Porkchop Express said:
Kind of a ##### move not putting that guy that was bit out of his misery as he's being torn apart on the other side of the fence.
Same with the girl with the bad ankle earlier in the episode.

Getting slowly ripped to shreds be teeth has to be one of the worst ways to go. Pretty messed up that no one seems to care about putting these people out of their misery. Rick wouldn't hesitate.

Rick's approach continues to be right more often than not. Had the Alexandrians listened to him about PorchDick the leader's hubby would be alive. If the group followed his hospital plan Beth would probably be alive and if Glenn and Michonne had bailed on the weak Alexandrians Glenn wouldn't have had to fake his own death.

IvanKaramazov said:
Just watched this week's episode spoiler-free. I can't believe anybody is arguing that Glenn survives or that that scene was somehow ambiguous. But that's how this thread goes, I

suppose.
You honestly can't believe it?

Users who are viewing this thread