What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Week 3 Waiver Wire Pickups (1 Viewer)

Trying to decide whether to use my #1 waiver on perine. I'm 0-3 despite a middle of the road scoring team but I really don't NEED rb depth (have najee, jacobs, Patterson and herbert)

Wr is my bigger need but theres nothing on the wire.

Mixon was full go in practice. As a Bengals fan I've been pleasantly surprised with the YPC Perine has put up this year but I'm hard pressed to see every really being all that great in fantasy even if he were needed to be the 1 RB at any point. The reality would be that Chris Evans would get dealt into the game plan more (tbh a little surprised at how little Evans has played so far). Perine is an excellent blocking back which keeps him up there on the depth chart. Don't know what your other options are though - but I really wouldn't look at it as a time share, not even in that Gio Bernard/Jeremy Hill sort of way.

If you are looking for WR maybe take a peak at the Giants situation with Shepherd being out - maybe a suprise like a David Sills V gets more run with the opportunity. (Only if your league really is that starved for FA WRs)

-QG

If someone dropped Cook in your league and he's on you waivers, I'd probably pick him up now and stash him. Last time I remembered pass-catching backs being used like Cooks reminded me of Mccaffrey / Kamara. Neither was immediately a stud but both became studs later on.

He's on a path to a lot of usage but it's going to take awhile to get used to what they are asking of him which is a lot. Plus still got 2 guys ahead.

Can people stop saying Olave has a more difficult path to targets? :lmao: For the love of god I saw someone say Toney has an easier path to targets like a week or two again.........yet want to ignore he'd fallen behind Richie James (think that's his name), some Sills guy, Wan'dale, Golladay's corpse, possibly Slayton, and maybe Amari Toomer....doesn't practice....playing with a staff that didn't draft him.........and still playing with Dan Jones. Olave is already Top 15 WR in targets, playing with a deep ball QB,with his primary target competition possession WRs that're both hurt.

Anyways,
Jaylen Warren
Perine
McKinnon
Zay Jones if availale (his emergence doesn't feel like a fluke as much as everyone wants to believe it is / was solid with opportunity with Raiders late last year)
Gage if dropped. Wouldn't go nuts but can Julio make it through a game and how careful will they handle Godwin now that he got hurt 1st game back.

*Assuming all of Mattison/Herbert/Jam Williams are rostered. If not, they head the list.

Last edited:
I picked up Josh Reynolds with 1st waiver priority for Denver K. I own St Brown. Thought about Z Jones, tough call. I already drafted Herbert and Dobbs.

Herbert is available in my league … because I dropped him :wall::wall::wall:

Had Kittle coming back but I wasn’t sure he’d be OK, so I kept Engram as in insurance policy and dropped Herbert instead. How was I supposed to know Montgomery would get hurt and Khalil would go nuclear?

Not even sure I can get him back now. I think Yahoo’s rule is that if it’s your own guy he has to clear waivers before you can pick him up. In any event, I’m pretty far down on the priority list after getting GWilson last week
I feel your pain brother. I dropped Doubs for Dortch last Friday after realizing that nobody had picked up Dortch yet. And yes, yahoo won't let you put a waiver in on your own dropped player (stupidest rule ever) so no chance in hell I get Doubs back.
Hmm, I can bid on a player I just dropped on yahoo. Maybe it’s a setting ?

Roster
Hurts
Chase, aj brown, waddle, theilen
Jones, sanders, henderson, Stevenson, walker, mattison
Hockenson, higbee
Elliot
Eagles def

Herbert, doubs just sitting on waivers. Should I drop anyone to pickup these guys? Maybe higbee and theilen?

Had Kittle coming back but I wasn’t sure he’d be OK, so I kept Engram as in insurance policy and dropped Herbert instead. How was I supposed to know Montgomery would get hurt and Khalil would go nuclear?

Not even sure I can get him back now. I think Yahoo’s rule is that if it’s your own guy he has to clear waivers before you can pick him up. In any event, I’m pretty far down on the priority list after getting GWilson last week
I feel your pain brother. I dropped Doubs for Dortch last Friday after realizing that nobody had picked up Dortch yet. And yes, yahoo won't let you put a waiver in on your own dropped player (stupidest rule ever) so no chance in hell I get Doubs back.
Either that or it’s a FAAB vs waiver claim thing

Either that or it’s a FAAB vs waiver claim thing
Ah, that’s probably it

Any thoughts on dropping Allen Robinson for either Mack Hollins, Zay Jones or Greg Dortch? I need WR help with Higgins, Cooks, G Wilson, Doubs and Samuel.

Roster
Hurts
Chase, aj brown, waddle, theilen
Jones, sanders, henderson, Stevenson, walker, mattison
Hockenson, higbee
Elliot
Eagles def

Herbert, doubs just sitting on waivers. Should I drop anyone to pickup these guys? Maybe higbee and theilen?
Id drop Walker for sure for Herbert. Not sure Id drop any of those for Doubs.

I would still suggest keeping an eye on Justice Hill and Gus Edwards
Are we not expecting Dobbins to garner more and more moving forward? I had Hill two years ago and thought he could be someone but he just never got out of his own way. Maybe 2 years later he is coming around. Gus has flashed. Is this going to be a 3-headed committee?

Yeah Harbaugh gushing about Hill today.
I'm torn on Hill. There's definitely an opportunity with that high-powered Ravens offense (remember Ingram in Lamar's breakout year?) but Hill has been hyped before, plus it's hard not to see his role diminishing as Dobbins gets back to full strength. So if you don't feel totally comfortable starting him now, and worry about his long-term prospects as well, how much value is there, really?

Are we not expecting Dobbins to garner more and more moving forward? I had Hill two years ago and thought he could be someone but he just never got out of his own way. Maybe 2 years later he is coming around. Gus has flashed. Is this going to be a 3-headed committee?
Also tough because all of them are coming off major injuries, which suggests a somewhat rocky road back to full production

Anyone got any CHEAP/DEEP RB sleepers? I am down to $31 (out of $1,000) in my guillotine league and need to bolster my depth at RB. I have Hines on the bench with Chubb/Conner as starters. Worried about Conner. Yes, Benjamin is long gone. Pickin's are slim.

Fournette and Kamara are available but my $31 won't sniff either of them. Thinking more along the lines of Burkhead, Ingram (in case of a Kamara injury?), or perhaps Eli Mitchell? Jaylen Warren?

TIA

Any thoughts on dropping Allen Robinson for either Mack Hollins, Zay Jones or Greg Dortch? I need WR help with Higgins, Cooks, G Wilson, Doubs and Samuel.
Feels like chasing points to me. I get not feeling like you can start Robinson right now, but I'd be pretty surprised if any of those guys you mention finish the year ahead of him. And your WRs are good enough that you don't need a spot starter in the next week or two.

IMO you should stand pat

Dortch, Noah Brown or Dotson?

Question for both this week and ROS.

Is Gallup going to eat much into Brown's snaps and target share?

Did Philly just give the blueprint for keeping that Washington offense in check?

Is Dortch's output sustainable with Nuk's slated return and AZ's offensive struggles?

I wouldn't do that. You have decent WRs already so I wouldn't dump ARob, a proven fantasy WR, to chase points from unproven options.

Hollins and Dortch are also only immediately relevant due to injuries/suspensions (Renfrow and DHop) so I see no long-term value.

Dortch, Noah Brown or Dotson?

Question for both this week and ROS.

Is Gallup going to eat much into Brown's snaps and target share?

Did Philly just give the blueprint for keeping that Washington offense in check?

Is Dortch's output sustainable with Nuk's slated return and AZ's offensive struggles?
If you need someone you can start in the next couple weeks, Dortch. Otherwise, Dotson. Way more upside.

But the odds are none of them becomes a reliable starter ROS, so don't sweat it too much.

Anyone got any CHEAP/DEEP RB sleepers? I am down to $31 (out of $1,000) in my guillotine league and need to bolster my depth at RB. I have Hines on the bench with Chubb/Conner as starters. Worried about Conner. Yes, Benjamin is long gone. Pickin's are slim.

Fournette and Kamara are available but my $31 won't sniff either of them. Thinking more along the lines of Burkhead, Ingram (in case of a Kamara injury?), or perhaps Eli Mitchell? Jaylen Warren?

TIA
Out of those options? Ingram. He has at least a chance to score a td and has involvement even if kamara plays. Plus he is starter whenever kamara goes down.

Also look at Craig Reynolds. May get enough use with swift down to be playable.

Sorry to bump this thread and get everyone excited ....... but

What are thoughts on Toney? I am seeing him dropped in some places

Last edited:
Grabbed Cheat Code post-waivers in every league I could. No way IMO WInston lasts the year as the starter (whether it's injury / resulting play from injury). Dalton's been bad the last multiple seasons. HIll's 7-2 as a starter and gives them the best chance to win. Even if Dalton is starting, I expect Hill to have an increased role.

I don't see Dalton lasting long as a starter. Sounds like great locker room guy and clipboard holder but he's terrible at this point.

The problem I see in your question is that he isn't being dropped in ALL places.

There are a lot of guys in the league with great athletic ability. Unfortunately, he doesn't pair that with health or dedication to the sport.

The problem I see in your question is that he isn't being dropped in ALL places.

There are a lot of guys in the league with great athletic ability. Unfortunately, he doesn't pair that with health or dedication to the sport.
I think many will be remain tantalized for some time by that brief 2 game stretch last year in which he was dominant.

Cut Eno this week, holding James Cook + Dontrell Hilliard + Jaylen Warren (plus 5 other viable RB options.)

Any reason to try to squeeze Justice Hill onto the roster? Would have to cut one of those three or George Pickens.

Cut Eno this week, holding James Cook + Dontrell Hilliard + Jaylen Warren (plus 5 other viable RB options.)

Any reason to try to squeeze Justice Hill onto the roster? Would have to cut one of those three or George Pickens.
I'd drop Hilliard for Hill. Hilliard has value as a Henry handcuff, but I don't think he'd be the bell cow. If Dobbins gets hurt again, I could see a big role for Hill in a better offense.

I'd drop Hilliard for Hill. Hilliard has value as a Henry handcuff, but I don't think he'd be the bell cow. If Dobbins gets hurt again, I could see a big role for Hill in a better offense.

Gus back next week? Well, off PUP anyway.

Gus back next week? Well, off PUP anyway.
I think so, but not sure how much he'll be involved. That said, it's not like he was the most elusive guy to begin with, so maybe it's not a big factor in his recovery.

ETA: Harbaugh was pretty effusive in his praise for Hill, so that has to count for something I guess.

ETA: Harbaugh was pretty effusive in his praise for Hill, so that has to count for something I guess.

Yeah saw that, hence the Q. Love holding lottery ticket RBs to avoid FAAB bidding wars.

You might be right about Hilliard’s upside as Haskins would be the banger if something happened to King Henry. On another offense Dontrell would have stand alone value regardless bc he’s a good receiver.

Feel like I’m always being disappointed by Hill. Looked great coming out of college and PS, never really caught on.

Josh Reynolds or Chark with Amon going down. One of these guys will have close to 100 and a shot at a TD.

They’re all banged up. I think Goff trusts Josh more, but gonna be low volume regardless. Lot of talk this week about getting Hockenson more involved.

They’d probably love to see Jamaal and Craig Reynolds with 30+ total rushing attempts. Brock Wright is a sneaky TE dart throw as the’ll be in 12 personnel and jumbo packages a lot.

Yeah saw that, hence the Q. Love holding lottery ticket RBs to avoid FAAB bidding wars.

You might be right about Hilliard’s upside as Haskins would be the banger if something happened to King Henry. On another offense Dontrell would have stand alone value regardless bc he’s a good receiver.

Feel like I’m always being disappointed by Hill. Looked great coming out of college and PS, never really caught on.
I hear you on Hill. In fact, it's tough relying on a Ravens RB as they tend to use a few - and of course, Lamar runs a ton. Plus, they seem to have evolved more to a passing game these days with their defense much weaker than in previous years.

Lotto time. Due to my burgeoning I.R. list opening up yet another flex spot, anything to see with T.Hill in London Town? Andy is the starter, but even a few QB plays out of a TE could result in some cheap cheat points.

Users who are viewing this thread