What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (2 Viewers)

He's a 'generational...'....nevermind.

What he is going to be is a nightmare for bucs fans because he will be hanging around losing for a few more years before they give up....or build a dominate D that they can ride and let him hand off.

He's gonna rack up some garbage time stats now.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has 19 points at half time, and people are crying still?
He is a good fantasy player, but not a good real life player.  Needs to mature.  He misses open receivers and sails throws and is a head case... you cant have that from your franchise QB.  

Not a great game but 62% with 3/0 and #### talent around him is fine enough. 

"Dominate" D they are building :lmao:  You're the best lod. 1100 yards and 80 points in two weeks. 

:lmao:  You are reeling just like your boy. He's a loser. Loses to any team with a willing record. Beats other scrubs.

You forgot to mention ANOTHER turnover. He bumbled then fumbled in his giant clown shoes.

Did you see him get jacked the #### up??? That was awesome.

:lmao:  You are reeling just like your boy. He's a loser. Loses to any team with a willing record. Beats other scrubs.

You forgot to mention ANOTHER turnover. He bumbled then fumbled in his giant clown shoes.

On pace for 4100 yards and 34 td/18 picks at around 60% completion. And he's played poorly at times and is limited with talent around him. That doesn't suck at all but I can't believe I continued to get trolled into these dumb conversations with you. 

need2know said:
He's doing great on my fake football team
Exactly.  I have him in my main dynasty league and couldn't be happier. It's only his second year. Arrow is pointed up...

They were getting destroyed, he should have not went out there that drive.
Evans is the one to worry more about. Winston has 10 days to get better, if anything he has what Big Ben has and will mis a game or two since I'm using his words.
This guy should be a stud for years to come when they get a decent #2 WR and a better OLine. Martin needs to stay healthy to help his growth, but they need to make a high draft pick at RB next year if they find one that is worth it.

jabarony said:
This guy blows.  He sails every other pass.  Evans payed the price on one of them.
This is partly true. He doesn't blow, but his passes do sail. But more importantly, WHO CARES AS LONG AS HE IS SCORING FOR FANTASY PURPOSES.

lod001 said:

For fantasy purposes, I could not care less. So he isn't the greatest NFL QB yet - just put up the fantasy numbers for a 10+ round pick and he suits my purposes EXACTLY.

Capella said:
On pace for 4100 yards and 34 td/18 picks at around 60% completion. And he's played poorly at times and is limited with talent around him. That doesn't suck at all but I can't believe I continued to get trolled into these dumb conversations with you. 

You keep feeding the troll and then wonder why he keeps coming back. Show some self restraint, or if you can't manage that put the troll on ignore. You won't miss anything worth reading here or elsewhere. 

They were getting destroyed, he should have not went out there that drive.
Evans is the one to worry more about. Winston has 10 days to get better, if anything he has what Big Ben has and will mis a game or two since I'm using his words.
This guy should be a stud for years to come when they get a decent #2 WR and a better OLine. Martin needs to stay healthy to help his growth, but they need to make a high draft pick at RB next year if they find one that is worth it.
Did you read this somewhere?

You can hate Winston as a person. We all read about those rape allegations and how the police department covered it up.

As far as being a player. He has the arm, the build and has showed promise at times. His passes were sailing last night but doesn't necessarily mean that they always will. When he plants and drives to throw a strike, his delivery is a bit awkward. I haven't put my thumb on it, but every time I see it I think to myself that something is off.

People seem to be forgetting that Jameis is on a bad team. They had the #1 overall pick for a reason. It's not as if they underperformed the year he was drafted. This isn't a case like the Colts, where they were a winning team with Peyton and when Peyton was injured they lost and drafted Luck. This is a bad team. Their OL was getting consistently beat by the Falcons pass rush, which isn't known around the NFL as being a good unit. Several times throughout the game plays were called back because of holding penalties. They couldn't block and had to hold on nearly every play to keep Winston alive.

Aside from Mike Evans, which Winston has to target often, who else is a real threat on this team? Brate? Adam Humphries? Russell Shepard? He's not 1 weapon to his disposal at this point. From a fantasy perspective we don't want his defense to be good as we like him to be chasing points on the scoreboard. But his defense is terrible as well. If you're going to judge a 22-year-old kid because of his record, you need to look a little deeper to see where the real problem lies.

Not me, but maybe a Bucs fan. 

Not sure what's not to like as a TB fan. He's only got 1 1/2 yrs NFL experience and he's on pace to throw for over 4000 yds and 34 TDs. He's still going through growing pains, but considering where the rest of this team is - they are currently starting RBs that many teams wouldn't even roster, their O-line is mediocre on a good day, their WR2 and WR3 would be depth/ST players on most other teams, and they have a bottom 5 D. 

The guys has shown football intillegence, athletic capability, maturity, leadership, work ethic, and a strong desire to improve  

If I'm a TB fan, QB would be one of the last places on the team that I'd be concerned about. 

Capella said:
You brought it on yourself with that week one comedy routine, you had to be pumped up like a rooster in a hen house....and of course the ridiculous 'generational talent' statement. That one, I could not ignore. It was just way too ridiculous.

Anyone else hoping he sits a couple weeks? Toughest part of his schedule coming up (I was already planning on starting Mariota for the KC/SEA stretch). Rest up for those fantasy playoffs, Jameis! We're all counting on you!

Of course not. But I bet he stayed at a Holiday Inn
Well I was giving him the benefit of the doubt before I ignored him. After making up BS explanations in the LeSean McCoy thread (he's got no injury, he's faking it, he's mad at Buffalo, he has Herpes) all within a short period of time, I was ready to ignore him anyhow. Now he's associating Winston with needing a Meniscus repair. @WheelsUp just can't shut his mouth.

Perfect draft pick for TB would be McCaffrey.
and the rest of the picks at WR/TE until they get someone worth a #### to compliment Evans.  I'd love to see them sign Garcon in the offseason, could be a Boldin 2.0 to help move chains and keep the ball in TB hands.

and the rest of the picks at WR/TE until they get someone worth a #### to compliment Evans.  I'd love to see them sign Garcon in the offseason, could be a Boldin 2.0 to help move chains and keep the ball in TB hands.
Good call on Garçon, perfect fit.

They really need to fix that OL before they do anything else, IMO. If not, they're going to be going through the same thing Indy did in having a franchise QB that gets his ### handed to him every play and risk injury. Look at what Dallas has done with an excellent OL. Without Romo and Dez and they have done great. Their WR options aren't the best and while Elliott has been great, McFadden was very good behind that OL last year.

Tommy are you coming at me telling me to shut my mouth on my opinion? When I look at quality of poster, I would like to again thank FBG for this feature best thing ever. Lets me know quality of poster. Tommy, why is your like ratio so terrible? 1463 posts and 77 likes? You talk about my posts which I have made 589 and have 249 likes. So if you are going to attack me and my posts, please have better credentials yourself.

They really need to fix that OL before they do anything else, IMO. If not, they're going to be going through the same thing Indy did in having a franchise QB that gets his ### handed to him every play and risk injury. Look at what Dallas has done with an excellent OL. Without Romo and Dez and they have done great. Their WR options aren't the best and while Elliott has been great, McFadden was very good behind that OL last year.
It's really just the LT, Smith. He allowed 8 (EIGHT) QB hurries last night and also 8 on Sunday. The RG is really good and theLG/RT is fine. 

Not that it matters for Jameis as much, but they also need 3 new guys in the secondary. 

It's really just the LT, Smith. He allowed 8 (EIGHT) QB hurries last night and also 8 on Sunday. The RG is really good and theLG/RT is fine. 

Not that it matters for Jameis as much, but they also need 3 new guys in the secondary. 
Their RT didn't do a great job either. I don't know what the stats are, but by watching it, Jameis had to move up in the pocket several times because the DE was getting around the edge.

8 hurries in a single game... incredible.

Their RT didn't do a great job either. I don't know what the stats are, but by watching it, Jameis had to move up in the pocket several times because the DE was getting around the edge.

8 hurries in a single game... incredible.
Not that they are the end-all, but PFF gave the RT a good grade. I was at the game so I couldn't watch as much, but I saw smith get beat like a drum multiple times. 

Brate has turned into a good option for him and Humphries seems to be turning into a Cole Beasley. Martin is needed for this offense SO bad.

You can hate Winston as a person. We all read about those rape allegations and how the police department covered it up.

As far as being a player. He has the arm, the build and has showed promise at times. His passes were sailing last night but doesn't necessarily mean that they always will. When he plants and drives to throw a strike, his delivery is a bit awkward. I haven't put my thumb on it, but every time I see it I think to myself that something is off.

People seem to be forgetting that Jameis is on a bad team. They had the #1 overall pick for a reason. It's not as if they underperformed the year he was drafted. This isn't a case like the Colts, where they were a winning team with Peyton and when Peyton was injured they lost and drafted Luck. This is a bad team. Their OL was getting consistently beat by the Falcons pass rush, which isn't known around the NFL as being a good unit. Several times throughout the game plays were called back because of holding penalties. They couldn't block and had to hold on nearly every play to keep Winston alive.

Aside from Mike Evans, which Winston has to target often, who else is a real threat on this team? Brate? Adam Humphries? Russell Shepard? He's not 1 weapon to his disposal at this point. From a fantasy perspective we don't want his defense to be good as we like him to be chasing points on the scoreboard. But his defense is terrible as well. If you're going to judge a 22-year-old kid because of his record, you need to look a little deeper to see where the real problem lies.
Excellent post, I was going say something exactly like this but you really covered everything. The only thing I would add is that I'm sure the supporting cast will be improved for next year.

Anyways, I'm sure most reasonable people understand and agree with your point of view. However, there will be some trolls/haters who will continue to blame everything on Jameis, and we can obviously see who those people are in this thread.

Anyone else hoping he sits a couple weeks? Toughest part of his schedule coming up (I was already planning on starting Mariota for the KC/SEA stretch). Rest up for those fantasy playoffs, Jameis! We're all counting on you!
I was planning on using him vs chi

Couple take-aways from last night:

Winston has room for growth. Young QB, and inexperienced - but he can't put the ball on the ground as much. His pocket awareness was, at times, nonexistent. 

I realize the OL wasn't doing him a lot of favors, but sometimes you've gotta tuck it away and prepare for the hit. 

Accuracy is not his forte. On middle-deep targets straight ahead he's solid, but in touch passes he not only floats balls, but throws them behind the WRs. Mike Evans has "I am Batman" symptoms because that ball was both high and behind him. Might as well have painted a bullseye on his chest too.  Of the negatives I saw, this might be the most difficult to address. He's not as bad as Kaepernick, but he's got a lot of room for improvement here. 

And on the play that got him hurt I cannot imagine what the hell he was thinking. It's a 2 point conversion in a game you're down by 20+ in the middle of the 4th quarter.  Live to fight another day. That run had disaster written all over it. The play was for a pass and it was well covered. Throw it away and keep yourself on the field. From the sound of it he's likely going to be ok, but that could have been career suicide for little return. 

From a fantasy perspective his owners love him. Cheap late round pick, lots of production. 

I'm hoping he plays next week because I have Tyrod as my other QB who is on a bye. Was planning to play him Week 11 and 12 with Winston getting KC/SEA

Couple take-aways from last night:

Winston has room for growth. Young QB, and inexperienced - but he can't put the ball on the ground as much. His pocket awareness was, at times, nonexistent. 

I realize the OL wasn't doing him a lot of favors, but sometimes you've gotta tuck it away and prepare for the hit. 

Accuracy is not his forte. On middle-deep targets straight ahead he's solid, but in touch passes he not only floats balls, but throws them behind the WRs. Mike Evans has "I am Batman" symptoms because that ball was both high and behind him. Might as well have painted a bullseye on his chest too.  Of the negatives I saw, this might be the most difficult to address. He's not as bad as Kaepernick, but he's got a lot of room for improvement here. 

And on the play that got him hurt I cannot imagine what the hell he was thinking. It's a 2 point conversion in a game you're down by 20+ in the middle of the 4th quarter.  Live to fight another day. That run had disaster written all over it. The play was for a pass and it was well covered. Throw it away and keep yourself on the field. From the sound of it he's likely going to be ok, but that could have been career suicide for little return. 

From a fantasy perspective his owners love him. Cheap late round pick, lots of production. 
The fact that he pretty much survived that hit shows he has toughness if not smarts. Evans bails him out a lot when the OL crumbles.

The fact that he pretty much survived that hit shows he has toughness if not smarts. Evans bails him out a lot when the OL crumbles.
That could have been bad. I immediately thought concussion, but ended up with a knee injury. Regardless, it was a foolish play but I can't fault a player for giving 100% on every play, even if they were going to lose. The better question about this play was why the hell Koetter was going for 2 down by 20? They weren't going to catch the Falcons. Even if the Bucs offense managed to put up points, the Falcons offense went through the Bucs D like a hot knife through butter.

There are a number of QBs who don't even have a Mike Evans.  The weapons argument is weak.  The OL argument has much more validity.

That could have been bad. I immediately thought concussion, but ended up with a knee injury. Regardless, it was a foolish play but I can't fault a player for giving 100% on every play, even if they were going to lose. The better question about this play was why the hell Koetter was going for 2 down by 20? They weren't going to catch the Falcons. Even if the Bucs offense managed to put up points, the Falcons offense went through the Bucs D like a hot knife through butter.
I think he was talking about Evans surviving the hit on the Winston pass that was high and behind him and got him laid out with a concussion. 

The Winston hit showed Winston's toughness, and unfortunately total lack of situational awareness. 

Down 2, trying to tie the game? You risk life and limb because it matters. That situation? Throw the ball away and save your body. 

There are a number of QBs who don't even have a Mike Evans.  The weapons argument is weak.  The OL argument has much more validity.
I'm not sure where you're going with this. Are you saying there are QBs who have done more with less? Because someone like Rivers comes to mind as he obviously doesn't have anybody great. He has the ability to elevate the play around him. Winston is still young and only in his 2nd year. The team as a whole is pretty bad. I'm not sure how this is a weak argument.

I think he was talking about Evans surviving the hit on the Winston pass that was high and behind him and got him laid out with a concussion. 

The Winston hit showed Winston's toughness, and unfortunately total lack of situational awareness. 

Down 2, trying to tie the game? You risk life and limb because it matters. That situation? Throw the ball away and save your body. 
Not sure that's the mentality you want your franchise quarterback projecting to the rest of the team/organization.  Laying down your sword may be defensible as a pragmatist, but it might not be the best idea in the grand scheme.

Users who are viewing this thread