What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jordan Love, GB (2 Viewers)

I would have preferred they just declined it. Believe me, I want to have hope that Love will be good. I just don’t see it at all - would rather have the cap flexibility.

Hope he proves me wrong but there has been nothing to indicate he is a playoff caliber qb.

I don't think the cap is going to matter at all, either he is good and the $20M is well spent, or they will be rebuilding and it won't matter.

Last edited:
I would have preferred they just declined it. Believe me, I want to have hope that Love will be good. I just don’t see it at all - would rather have the cap flexibility.

Hope he proves me wrong but there has been nothing to indicate he is a playoff caliber qb.

My faith is in the Packers and the coaches that have seen Jordan Love play and practice every day. They know from seeing him in practice what they have. Our opinions are based on the KC game and the Philadelphia game. That's it. The Packers have seen him in the building and at practice. They know his personality. They know if he is a leader or not. They know what he can do on the field. They know exactly what they have in Jordan Love.
If they didn't like what they have seen so far what do you think they would do? A) Not pick up the 5th year option and be done with him after paying him a little over $2 mil this year? Or B) Sign him to not just an extension, but an extension with guaranteed money?
Follow the money.

My faith is in the Packers and the coaches that have seen Jordan Love play and practice every day. They know from seeing him in practice what they have. Our opinions are based on the KC game and the Philadelphia game. That's it. The Packers have seen him in the building and at practice. They know his personality. They know if he is a leader or not. They know what he can do on the field. They know exactly what they have in Jordan Love.
If they didn't like what they have seen so far what do you think they would do? A) Not pick up the 5th year option and be done with him after paying him a little over $2 mil this year? Or B) Sign him to not just an extension, but an extension with guaranteed money?
Follow the money.

The KC game was his only start and even that was unexpected/unknown until a few days before the game. He’s never had a full week practice to prep for a game as a starter. My guess as an outsider is they surely know he can make all the throws and has all the physical and mental tools needed, but still don’t know how he’ll hold up in a real game in terms of decision making and similar intangibles. I would guess they’d want a full season to figure that out and this deal gives them that opportunity with low risk.

Just looked back through some historic transactions to help a new dynasty owner in my league with what to expect from waivers (he’s never used FAAB)

Screen grabbed like 5 dates. One of them happened to be me, with a losing bid of $11 FAAB/$500 (I only had $220 left) for Jordan Love

The winning bid was $14

In a league where I’m in full rebuild.

So that’s a fun way to start my day.

Follow the money.

The KC game was his only start and even that was unexpected/unknown until a few days before the game. He’s never had a full week practice to prep for a game as a starter. My guess as an outsider is they surely know he can make all the throws and has all the physical and mental tools needed, but still don’t know how he’ll hold up in a real game in terms of decision making and similar intangibles. I would guess they’d want a full season to figure that out and this deal gives them that opportunity with low

What is his pick value in a start 1QB league?
I got him for 3.6 and a future 3rd (before Rodgers agreed to go to the Jets but it was fairly certain he would).

There were garbage throw-ins that likely won't make either team's final roster on both sides at the request of the other owner but back in March I essentially traded Cade Otton for him. This was after news broke that it was expected Aaron Rodgers would be traded to the Jets but before it actually happened.

Added Love end of last year in FAAB with a $1 bid, have Allen, Tua and Love at QB, looking to trade one, not Allen, and just get a depth piece., our league is tighter than a duck's arse. Not sure who to offer up, Tua or Love. Kinda like Love, but unproven, has weapons and coach. Tua has nice numbers, weapons and coach, when he is on the field, the when is big tho. Either would only be a bye or injury play to Allen. Would probably even take a late 2nd or early 3rd in the rookie/FA draft, but again, league is tight.

Added Love end of last year in FAAB with a $1 bid, have Allen, Tua and Love at QB, looking to trade one, not Allen, and just get a depth piece., our league is tighter than a duck's arse. Not sure who to offer up, Tua or Love. Kinda like Love, but unproven, has weapons and coach. Tua has nice numbers, weapons and coach, when he is on the field, the when is big tho. Either would only be a bye or injury play to Allen. Would probably even take a late 2nd or early 3rd in the rookie/FA draft, but again, league is tight.
Please keep us updated.

Packers WR Romeo Doubs said Jordan Love "can do the same exact thing" as Aaron Rodgers.

Love has been drawing high praise from his teammates this offseason. Doubs continued his acclaim for Love, saying he didn't see the difference between him and Rodgers. Packers corner Jaire Alexander called him the "best QB in the league." Love has fewer than 100 pass attempts after three years in the NFL, so his players don't have much more to work with other than his practice reps. Love was a toolsy prospect coming out of Utah State and has learned under one of the best quarterbacks to play the game. He could surprise fantasy drafters with his efficiency, but it's hard to see a ceiling outcome for the first-year starter. Mike LaFleur ran a balanced offense with one of the slowest paces in the league last year. That was with a four-time MVP at the helm. Expect an even more uninspired philosophy with Love under center.
SOURCE: Fox Sports
Jun 22, 2023 at 11:47 AM ET

What kind of projections are you all thinking for Love? Does he have much upside? He has looked good in preseason, but, it's preseason. Could he end up top 15?

What kind of projections are you all thinking for Love? Does he have much upside? He has looked good in preseason, but, it's preseason. Could he end up top 15?
Just my opinion as a Packer fan but the Twitter reports from the Packer beat writers say he has looked very good at practices. I would say 12-15 isn't unreasonable.

2023 NFL Preseason: Are these players worth the hype?

Excerpt:

QB JORDAN LOVE, GREEN BAY PACKERS

Small sample size alert!

Love looks the part after sitting behind Aaron Rodgers for three seasons — he's earned an 87.1 overall grade and 82.4 passing grade through two preseason games, with one big-time throw and zero turnover-worthy plays.

The reports out of training camp indicate that Love has complete control of the offense, good connections with his young receivers and improves every practice.
When he translates that to the field like we saw against New England, it’s as if Rodgers never left. In the one extended action Love got in 2022, he casually completed 6-of-9 passes for 113 yards and a touchdown, with one big-time throw.

Verdict: Buying. Love is showing that he can be a quality NFL quarterback. Like Rodgers before him, the Utah State product was able to learn from one of the all-time greats before taking the reins.

I’m not expecting the transition to be as seamless as it was from Brett Farve to Rodgers, nor do I expect Love to play anywhere near Hall of Fame level. But if Love can orchestrate an NFL offense and keep the Packers on schedule, the transition won’t be as difficult as it once appeared.

Love had another nice back shoulder td to Watson from 6; also missed him on what should have been a long walk-in touchdown that was underthrown. Finishes the preseason with some decent numbers.

21/33 for 193 yards; 3 tds 0 ints; 109.8 passer rating
5 rushes for 32 yards 6.4 ypc

Love had another nice back shoulder td to Watson from 6; also missed him on what should have been a long walk-in touchdown that was underthrown. Finishes the preseason with some decent numbers.

21/33 for 193 yards; 3 tds 0 ints; 109.8 passer rating
5 rushes for 32 yards 6.4 ypc
People are way to low on him this year. If I miss out on all my QB targets I'll wait until the end of draft and take Love.

The rushing numbers are what intrigues me, he's run a decent amount in the preseason that wasn't just him getting pressured and tucking it away. That'll raise his floor and increase his value (ADP still is 160+ on Yahoo!)

The rushing numbers are what intrigues me, he's run a decent amount in the preseason that wasn't just him getting pressured and tucking it away. That'll raise his floor and increase his value (ADP still is 160+ on Yahoo!)
Agreed. He didn’t run much in his limited college sample size (and few NFL starts), so the rushing has always been a bit of an unknown. Good to see he has that in his tool box, as that can be big for his fantasy floor.

He's looked pretty good running but is not remotely a "running quarterback" imo. My view from limited action is that he'll tuck and run where coverage is tight and the opportunity presents itself, but I don't see LaFleur designing running plays for Jordan Love this season. He's very quick to slide or run out of bounds - undoubtedly exactly what he's been coached to do.

He doesn't have to be a "running QB", but he takes long strides that cover ground and is athletic enough to get decent yardage without getting killed. He's not a sitting duck who if he gets pressured he'll sit down, and he seems to react fast enough where he can get a bit of yardage. If they run boot action he might be a threat to pick up yards.

As a Watson shareholder, I've been disappointed with his deep ball. He's missed him twice in the preseason by underthrowing him, IIRC.

As a football fan, he looks pretty good. The deep ball is just one less arrow in his quiver. We'll see.

As a Watson shareholder, I've been disappointed with his deep ball. He's missed him twice in the preseason by underthrowing him, IIRC.

As a football fan, he looks pretty good. The deep ball is just one less arrow in his quiver. We'll see.

The play today was badly underthrown no doubt and should have been a touchdown. That said, we'd also expect Watson to make the catch coming back for that ball so they both could have done better. The good news is Watson was a couple steps beyond the last defender and scores easily with a better throw. By all accounts from camp, Love throws a good (if maybe not AR level) deep ball. Many of the beat guys are saying he seems to be better synced with Doubs than Watson, but its way too early to say with any meaningful certainty on something like that imo.

Users who are viewing this thread