What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jordan Love, GB (2 Viewers)

Lazard gone,
He's really not very good. Some of the rumors are that Corey Davis is heading to GB in the Rodgers trade. Davis is better than Lazard (just not a Rodger's buddy). In any case, Lazard is easily replaceable. Doubs and Watson should take their next step up in Year 2.
I thought he had his moments. Davis is an interesting option. I'm not sure he's better than Lazard, but you could be right.

Watson is an impressive kid. I've been less impressed with Doubs.

Anyway, my point wasn't that Love doesn't have any weapons, it's that I don't see him as an immediate top 5 QB in the NFC. I believe he has that (eventual) upside, I just believe his floor is also a significant concern. We have a very small sample size, and DCs will scheme for him once they have more film to study. As you know, the NFL is all about adjustments. I don't know if Love will, or wont adjust in kind.

It'll be interesting to see. As an AJD shareholder, I certainly hope he plays closer to his ceiling than his floor.

Last edited:
Lazard gone,
He's really not very good. Some of the rumors are that Corey Davis is heading to GB in the Rodgers trade. Davis is better than Lazard (just not a Rodger's buddy). In any case, Lazard is easily replaceable. Doubs and Watson should take their next step up in Year 2.
I thought he had his moments. Davis is an interesting option. I'm not sure he's better than Lazard, but you could be right.

Watson is an impressive kid. I've been less impressed with Doubs.

Anyway, my point wasn't that Love doesn't have any weapons, it's that I don't see him as an immediate top 5 QB in the NFC. I believe he has that (eventual) upside, I just believe his floor is also a significant concern. We have a very small sample size, and DCs will scheme for him once they have more film to study. As you know, the NFL is all about adjustments. I don't know if Love will, or wont adjust in kind.

It'll be interesting to see. As an AJD shareholder, I certainly hope he plays closer to his ceiling than his floor.
Completely fair. There are unknowns. This is his 4th year though. He knows the system, the play caller, the players. He's comfortable with audibles. He's not a rookie or journeyman

Hello, how are we feeling about Jordan Love’s value in Superflex, and then one quarterback leagues?
Reserving judgement until after the draft - hoping they nab JSN at 13.
Would be a great (and ironic) landing spot for him. If I still had the 1.03 I’d spend it on a JSN/GBP prospect.
They also got an extra 2nd from the Rodgers trade - with guys like Hopkins and Jeudy supposedly on the block, I wouldn’t rule out a trade to get Love more weapons

Hello, how are we feeling about Jordan Love’s value in Superflex, and then one quarterback leagues?
As recently as last year and the year before, when doing FFPC SuperFlex startups, I have found that the position was relatively deep when considering the special rule that FFPC allows no team to walk out of the startup with more than 3 QBs (even through trade). True for TriFlex as well. As such I have often waited on QB in these startups until others have their 3 spots filled, and then I can continue filling other spots until the very end. But that was a result of the position being deep, or as perceived by me at the time.

But having just completed my 3rd SF/TF startup in FFPC from the course of the last month, I see that the QB position is dramatically more shallow than it was. Long winded way of saying that I think Love is a guy that can really jump up to around QB15-20 if he has an even "ok" year. My sense of the NFL depth chart for QB is that anybody with a pulse that is locked in as a starter for the conceivable future is gold in SF. There are around ten teams that have no future at QB (today). I just took Love at 7.04 in one startup as my QB1 but as the overall QB21. I missed him in a second startup but he went QB25 at 7.06. Missed in the third and he went 7.01 as QB22. If those startups were happening today I imagine he might climb to the high teens but I figure at least some of his price yesterday had the presumption that he would be the starter baked into it. But I don't know how he doesn't get a bump now.

I picked up Love for close to free off waivers last year in SF format. People overvalue the crap out of QBs and then you pluck stuff like this. Or at least hopefully.

In Underdog BBs, I have done 11 big boards and he is my #1 owned QB so far (this is a 1QB contest) - where his ADP has been 13.10*
In SF Underdog BBs, I have done 6 entries and I have 2 shares and his ADP has been 5.03*

*that is across all entries in the contests, not just my shares

Has been going as QB20 in the Never Too Early FFPC BBs at 11.12 (one-QB) and in the NTE FFPC SuperFlex BB as QB22 at 6.07.

I do think his dynasty value will go much much higher if he is successful and that the buy (very) low window just closed. But he has to prove it of course. I'm bullish. I might say bump Dillon also as I wouldn't be surprised if they ship Aaron Jones post-Rodgers.

In 1QB dynasty he is still replacement level but if you can get him for close to free I might move a known elite QB for a ransom if I was confident enough Love would step up.

As recently as last year and the year before, when doing FFPC SuperFlex startups, I have found that the position was relatively deep when considering the special rule that FFPC allows no team to walk out of the startup with more than 3 QBs (even through trade). True for TriFlex as well. As such I have often waited on QB in these startups until others have their 3 spots filled, and then I can continue filling other spots until the very end. But that was a result of the position being deep, or as perceived by me at the time.

But having just completed my 3rd SF/TF startup in FFPC from the course of the last month, I see that the QB position is dramatically more shallow than it was. Long winded way of saying that I think Love is a guy that can really jump up to around QB15-20 if he has an even "ok" year. My sense of the NFL depth chart for QB is that anybody with a pulse that is locked in as a starter for the conceivable future is gold in SF. There are around ten teams that have no future at QB (today). I just took Love at 7.04 in one startup as my QB1 but as the overall QB21. I missed him in a second startup but he went QB25 at 7.06. Missed in the third and he went 7.01 as QB22. If those startups were happening today I imagine he might climb to the high teens but I figure at least some of his price yesterday had the presumption that he would be the starter baked into it. But I don't know how he doesn't get a bump now.

I picked up Love for close to free off waivers last year in SF format. People overvalue the crap out of QBs and then you pluck stuff like this. Or at least hopefully.

In Underdog BBs, I have done 11 big boards and he is my #1 owned QB so far (this is a 1QB contest) - where his ADP has been 13.10*
In SF Underdog BBs, I have done 6 entries and I have 2 shares and his ADP has been 5.03*

Has been going as QB20 in the Never Too Early FFPC BBs at 11.12 (one-QB) and in the NTE FFPC SuperFlex BB as QB22 at 6.07.

I do think his dynasty value will go much much higher if he is successful and that the buy (very) low window just closed. But he has to prove it of course. I'm bullish. I might say bump Dillon also as I wouldn't be surprised if they ship Aaron Jones post-Rodgers.

In 1QB dynasty he is still replacement level but if you can get him for close to free I might move a known elite QB for a ransom if I was confident enough Love would step up.
This is super helpful information, thanks! :hifive:

This is super helpful information, thanks! :hifive:
yep

TLDR from above - the main point I was trying to convey is that I think he is within a solid tier of QBs that after which it is a dark void of nothing. In year's past I thought you could get away with playing musical chairs with QBs in SF drafts, but I don't think that's true this year.

Aaron Rodgers trade fallout: Winners/losers from blockbuster QB deal between Packers and Jets

Excerpt:

Jordan Love: Thrust into a wildly uncomfortable situation when he was drafted 26th overall by the Packers in 2020, Love finally gets his chance after attempting just 83 passes over 10 appearances, including one start. The Packers clearly feel he is ready -- Gutekunst raved during the combine about what Green Bay has seen from Love in practice. With Rodgers out, the job is the 24-year-old's, and so is the pressure.

TLDR from above - the main point I was trying to convey is that I think he is within a solid tier of QBs that after which it is a dark void of nothing. In year's past I thought you could get away with playing musical chairs with QBs in SF drafts, but I don't think that's true this year.
This was my justification for dealing multiple 1sts for Fields in one SF league, and 1.01 + multiple assets in my 16-team league.

QB is a barren wasteland, and there are maybe 9 worth acquiring.

I’m still going to try to move 1.02+2025 1st for one in my rebuild league - if not I’ll take the QB1 in the draft. Just as soon as I figure out who that is. :doh:

I’m still going to try to move 1.02+2025 1st for one in my rebuild league - if not I’ll take the QB1 in the draft. Just as soon as I figure out who that is. :doh:
Yeah 1.02 is super interesting in SF because at least one or two RBs not named Bijan are going to land somewhere sweet. And when we figure out who the consensus QB1 is (assuming that happens), I think it will be a tough choice. I have leagues I'd rather have the RB and some I'd rather have the QB. On paper the QB is worth more but I swear (in FFPC) it is still the RBs that are harder to replace and or acquire. That dark void of garbage from QB20-32 or whatever is still going to get 15 fantasy points in my SF spot when I stream them off waivers. But will that rookie QB with longevity ahead of him be ready to go in a way the RB likely is? This is why I like "promoting from within" like with Love.

And when we figure out who the consensus QB1 is (assuming that happens), I think it will be a tough choice. I have leagues I'd rather have the RB and some I'd rather have the QB. On paper the QB is worth more but I swear (in FFPC) it is still the RBs that are harder to replace and or acquire. That
I have 1 & 2, so Bijan at 1 for sure. I have until the draft to trade for a QB or bite the bullet & draft one. 😬

If I’m giving up the 1.02 I’d like something better than Love, but a Love+DJMoore or something is probably decent value.

That said, I have no idea if Love is better than Young or Stroud, which is my chief concern.

I only play Superflex, so that’s where I’m basing my thoughts. In 1QB, I’d think he’s likely WW fodder.
Most reasonable people would have already baked in Love taking over as starter into his value. He falls anywhere in the QB17-QB28 range, depending on how one views his long-term prospects and upside. He is younger than Hendon Hooker, who I’ve seen some opinions pushing him up in the NFL draft and, consequently, in dynasty rookie drafts.
Likely that the managers rostering him have done so on the speculation that he would be getting the starting job in GB at some point, so I would hazard a guess that he would be valued in the upper end in those leagues.
Pivot for a contender could be to trade Love for an older QB with a more secure production profile for 2023.

And when we figure out who the consensus QB1 is (assuming that happens), I think it will be a tough choice. I have leagues I'd rather have the RB and some I'd rather have the QB. On paper the QB is worth more but I swear (in FFPC) it is still the RBs that are harder to replace and or acquire. That
I have 1 & 2, so Bijan at 1 for sure. I have until the draft to trade for a QB or bite the bullet & draft one. 😬

If I’m giving up the 1.02 I’d like something better than Love, but a Love+DJMoore or something is probably decent value.

That said, I have no idea if Love is better than Young or Stroud, which is my chief concern.
Oh I wouldn't give that for Love, I was comparing to like Gibbs or one of the other top RBs. Love is nowhere near the 1.02 yet.

Oh I wouldn't give that for Love, I was comparing to like Gibbs or one of the other top RBs. Love is nowhere near the 1.02 yet.
Which is why I didn’t offer that.

lol

I’m just saying Love + something worth it to bridge the gap and I might consider it.

But since my only need is a QB it doesn’t make sense to pay that.

Last edited:
What’s he worth now in SF?

In FFPC Triflex (which is superflex), I traded the 1.11 straight up for Love.

In another FFPC superflex I'm in, someone else traded Love for the 2.10 and 2024 R3, which I thought was insanely low.

In FFPC superflex startup leagues, Love is going right after the 10th rookie. He's QB24, between Geno and Carr.

I'd take Love over any rookie QB. I really like LaFleur's system and that Love got to sit and learn while that beautiful big arm of his got to settle down and mature. Dude is about to put on a massive sling show! And Gutekunst job is most definitely on the line so I feel like he may waver a bit from previous tendencies and make sure he surrounds Love with some great talents.

I'm also Packer homer so I'm extremely biased, so take that into account too. 😉

I pursued him a while back - dude wanted a mid-1st+

I thought he was worth about 1.10 alone.
I’d wish you good luck getting a young starting QB at 1.10 as a negotiation tactic. The good news is that there’s a whole range of veteran QBs that could be available for that pick, depends on what profile you’d be looking for - production, upside, job security, etc.

I traded Love a month ago in a 14 team, start 11 SF for 1.11 and a 2025 1st. I was anticipating him becoming the starter and would only move him for a starter’s return. I would take the same deal today.
I’d rather gamble on a young starting QB over a single late 1st - which is unlikely to be a QB. Late 1st + player that upgrades a starting lineup spot or late 1st plus future 1st would likely get a deal done.

I pursued him a while back - dude wanted a mid-1st+

I thought he was worth about 1.10 alone.
I’d wish you good luck getting a young starting QB at 1.10 as a negotiation tactic. The good news is that there’s a whole range of veteran QBs that could be available for that pick, depends on what profile you’d be looking for - production, upside, job security, etc.
I ended up getting TLaw for a bit more so it worked out well. My trade partner wanted something in the 3-5 range and I thought that was too high. There was no opportunity for me to get him with 1.10, but that’s what I think he’s worth in SF. He’s not without risk.

The challenge with Love is that he could fall on his face, and it wouldn’t really be a surprise to anyone.

He could be good - hey, that’s the upside.

Hard to pay a ton of draft capital for an older prospect with such a small sample of NFL snaps to judge him by.

From a fantasy perspective, I'll be most interested in how much he runs. Even if he turns out to be a decent passer, you need that rushing floor these days to keep up with the bulk of the league's QBs, especially in superflex.

From a fantasy perspective, I'll be most interested in how much he runs. Even if he turns out to be a decent passer, you need that rushing floor these days to keep up with the bulk of the league's QBs, especially in superflex.
He’s not a runner.

He’s not a runner.
I don't think he'll run like Lamar or Josh Allen, but I also don't think he'll be a statue. He did run a bit at Utah State but we haven't seen much from him in GB.

He’s not a runner.
I don't think he'll run like Lamar or Josh Allen, but I also don't think he'll be a statue. He did run a bit at Utah State but we haven't seen much from him in GB.
I’m saying he wasn’t a big runner in college. He’s not a statue but he’s not going to get consistent points on the ground. He’s similar to a young Rodgers, who could run now and then and get some yards but isn’t some weapon on the ground.

Jordan Love and the Packers sign a win-win compromise agreement extending him one-year, adding some money and downside protection for Love while reducing the fully-guaranteed portion for the Packers (as opposed to picking up the 5th year option which would be fully guaranteed.) Good deal all around, but it seems maybe the team isn't quite as confident in him as we've been lead to believe. You could say they're about 60% confident in him.

Jordan Love and the Packers sign a win-win compromise agreement extending him one-year, adding some money and downside protection for Love while reducing the fully-guaranteed portion for the Packers (as opposed to picking up the 5th year option which would be fully guaranteed.) Good deal all around, but it seems maybe the team isn't quite as confident in him as we've been lead to believe. You could say they're about 60% confident in him.
I was kind of expecting something like this. You can also be plenty confident in moving forward but still try to keep the cap in mind. Which is what this seems more like to me.

If they didn't have confidence in him they simply wouldn't have picked up his 5th year option. This seems like a move to move some of the salary cap to this year

If they didn't have confidence in him they simply wouldn't have picked up his 5th year option. This seems like a move to move some of the salary cap to this year

Yeah I’m not saying they don’t believe in the player. They owed him nothing after this season and now it’s $13+m guaranteed. If they didn’t pick up the option or extend, they’d have to make a decision pretty early this season on a long term deal or would only have the tag, both of which would cost way more. This gives the team some breathing room to decide after seeing him play a while, at low risk.

I would have preferred they just declined it. Believe me, I want to have hope that Love will be good. I just don’t see it at all - would rather have the cap flexibility.

Hope he proves me wrong but there has been nothing to indicate he is a playoff caliber qb.

Users who are viewing this thread