What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Kyler Murray, ARZ (3 Viewers)

In the League I have Murray, I entered the Season with Murray/Carr/Winston (12-Teams, non-SF, but QB's score highly, and Rosters are large enough to roster 2-3; they can be valuable trade chips). The week I faced the Allen Owner, was the week he got hurt, and I blocked him from adding Keenum, in a defensive measure.

So, razor-thin WW, and my pivot was Carr @ Denver. Ugh. I chose to add Heinicke @ Texans over other such luminaries as McCoy (in Mexico v 49'ers, I just don't trust it), Pickett, Wilson, Mills and Mayfield, FWIW...

Being MNF there’s no way to take the chance right?
Yes......just have Jimmy G on your roster as well.
Rostered
Colt McCoy baby.

he’s been limited this week as well

Kliff said they’d probably decide who starts based on Friday / Saturday - both QBs limited so kind of hard to say rn

would prefer they rest Kyler but apparently my FF preferences are not in the equation

Being MNF there’s no way to take the chance right?
Yes......just have Jimmy G on your roster as well.
Rostered
Colt McCoy baby.

he’s been limited this week as well

Kliff said they’d probably decide who starts based on Friday / Saturday - both QBs limited so kind of hard to say rn

would prefer they rest Kyler but apparently my FF preferences are not in the equation
I went back and forth in my head about whether I wanted Kyler to play as I compete for a bye or rest up to be good for the playoffs but yeah Kliff doesn’t GAF about my teams either. Thanks for the info on Colt, I assumed since he finished the game last week he was going to be ok and didn’t even think to monitor his status this week.

Kyler Murray (hamstring) is practicing in full for Week 12 against the Chargers.​

Murray said earlier Wednesday that he expects to return after missing the past two weeks, and this more or less confirms it. Even for the Cardinals, a player practicing in full on Wednesday and sitting out on Sunday would be unprecedented. The question now becomes who Murray might have to throw to, as Rondale Moore (groin) and Greg Dortch (thumb) aren't practicing while Marquise Brown (foot) is no better than 50-50. Regardless of who is active, Murray will maintain mid-range QB1 appeal vs. the Chargers' unimpressive defense.
Nov 23, 2022, 5:25 PM ET

Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury said that Kyler Murray (hamstring) will start in Week 12 against the Chargers.​

Murray practiced in full this week and should be started as a QB1 with few reservations. He ultimately winds up missing two weeks with this hamstring issue. It sounds like he'll have both Rondale Moore and DeAndre Hopkins active for the first time this season.
SOURCE: Darren Urban on Twitter
Nov 25, 2022, 3:17 PM ET

Cardinals QB Kyler Murray is down on the field with a non-contact knee injury.​

Kyler escaped the pocket on the third offensive play run from scrimmage before going limp on a cut against coverage in the open field. He was then carted off the field and is unlikely to return. Colt McCoy replaced Murray for the Cardinals. Expect further updates as more information is known.
Dec 12, 2022, 8:22 PM ET

ESPN's Josh Weinfuss reports there is "little doubt that (Kyler's ACL) is torn."​

The team will clearly need to wait on test results before anything definitive, but it appears that initial reports confirm what the video suggests - a torn ACL for Kyler. Murray's season likely ends as a disappointment after securing a five-year, $230 million extension this offseason. Colt McCoy is in line to start for Arizona for the remainder of what has become a lost season.
SOURCE: Josh Weinfuss on Twitter
Dec 12, 2022, 11:02 PM ET

ESPN's Josh Weinfuss reports there is "little doubt that (Kyler's ACL) is torn."​

The team will clearly need to wait on test results before anything definitive, but it appears that initial reports confirm what the video suggests - a torn ACL for Kyler. Murray's season likely ends as a disappointment after securing a five-year, $230 million extension this offseason. Colt McCoy is in line to start for Arizona for the remainder of what has become a lost season.

Not surprised. The Murray experiment in the desert seems to be on it`s last legs as well. Even when healthy Murray was not developing into the type of QB the Cards thought he would be. Whatever his listed height he plays shorter and goes too long at times being ineffective. This is a qB heavy dradt and the Cards might be looking for a new QB.

Not surprised. The Murray experiment in the desert seems to be on it`s last legs as well. Even when healthy Murray was not developing into the type of QB the Cards thought he would be. Whatever his listed height he plays shorter and goes too long at times being ineffective. This is a qB heavy dradt and the Cards might be looking for a new QB.

I don't think that is possible with his recently signed contract...also, he is only 25 so he is way too young to give up on so soon...he needs a new Coach...if Staley does not get fired (i.e. I think Payton ends up there if he does), I could see Payton in Arizona as he has said he wants to coach in a warm weather city...if that happened it could be a complete game-changer for Murray...if it isn't Payton it does need to be someone who can get the most out of him as the short-term future of the Cards rises and falls with Murray's development.

didn't they just sign him to a massive contract?

I don't think that is possible with his recently signed contract...also, he is only 25 so he is way too young to give up on so soon...he needs a new Coach...if Staley does not get fired (i.e. I think Payton ends up there if he does), I could see Payton in Arizona as he has said he wants to coach in a warm weather city...if that happened it could be a complete game-changer for Murray...if it isn't Payton it does need to be someone who can get the most out of him as the short-term future of the Cards rises and falls with Murray's development.

Watching Murray since he was drafted it just seems he can`t see over the line and be able to be effective in the pocket, has to always get outside and on the move. Now with a torn ACL he won`t be ready until at least November of next season.

Watching Murray since he was drafted it just seems he can`t see over the line and be able to be effective in the pocket, has to always get outside and on the move. Now with a torn ACL he won`t be ready until at least November of next season.

I hear ya...no doubt he is still somewhat of an unknown but once they gave him that deal they were stuck with him.

Not sure what the polite (or politically correct) way is to say that he's too small to play from the pocket. He's made for this trickshot offense that Kinsbury runs. Looks like the Cards will have to wait until 2024 to get back to that 0.500 team we've grown accustomed to.

Sorry but I'm going to go right thru the finances and the massive handicap this is going to bring to the Arizona Cardinals for the next several years

April 25th, 2019-#1 Overall Pick
MAY 9th, 2019- Signed a 4 year $35.6 million contract with Arizona

Murray of course fought with Arizona before they could even try and press the button on a 5th Year Option which they had every right to do and Kyler Murray pitched a fit, acted like a child, unfollowed the Arizona Cardinals on social media platforms and was rewarded in the end with...

July 21st, 2022- Kyler Murray signed a 5 year, $230,500,000 contract with the Arizona Cardinals, including a $29,035,000 signing bonus, $189,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $46,100,000. In 2022, Murray will earn a base salary of $965,000 and a signing bonus of $29,035,000, while carrying a cap hit of $12,669,481 and a dead cap value of $110,197,481.

He actually will play out Year 4 of his rookie deal but he gets the signing bonus in his sweet little bank account NOW! And that's the difference and probably why Lamar Jackson keeps raising his rate, he is losing out on serious compound interest by waiting each and every day, also keeps getting franchised tag and is following the Kirk Cousins form of negotiations.

His entire 2023 season is likely OUT if you are a clear thinking FO person in Arizona. Bye Bye Coach KK and time to rebuild around Murray for 2024 and that might not involve big contracts to the WRs, might need to start drafting his future targets for 2024. No way he steps out Week 1 next year

Arizona planning for the future should start thinking 2024 and who the next head coach of this team will be.

Read the finances involved with Murray. The Cardinals made their bed with him and they will hire at least 1 more head coach to try and work with him before they go drafting a top tier QB prospect. They will trade down if they are in a QB spot, they guaranteed almost $200,000,000.00 to Murray

That's my take, just based on the numbers
But your point is taken and the team WOULD BE better off long term moving on but I doubt they do that

Last edited:

Caving in on Murray's demands then putting that clause in, and giving Keim and Kliff extensions while being terrible at drafting; the Cards are screwed

Caving in on Murray's demands then putting that clause in, and giving Keim and Kliff extensions while being terrible at drafting; the Cards are screwed

Bad off-seasons for $200 Alex

Daily Double!

When the last time you watched Jeopardy?
There's no $200 boxes any more that i am aware of and we have a couple new hosts

-I'll take bad off seasons for $800 Mayim

Daily Double!

There's no $200 boxes any more that i am aware of and we have a couple new hosts

You're perpetually on drugs, aren't you?

Daily Double!

You're perpetually on drugs, aren't you?
Is alcohol considered a drug?

Daily Double!

I was always fond of Art Fleming.

A lot went wrong in Arizona but an offense of Kyler, Connor, Ertz, Hopkins, Brown and Moore could have been deadly and covered up some blemishes.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Kyler Murray's recovery from his torn ACL is expected to take 6-8 months, "putting him on track to be ready for the start of the 2023 season."​

It's an early report, so take it with a few grains of salt, but it is an optimistic sign for Murray. After tearing his ACL in Week 14, Murray is far from guaranteed to play in Arizona's opening game of 2023. If he has anything other than a quick recovery, Murray could miss time next year. This story will develop over the summer, but early drafters could be enticed to gamble on Murray's health at the right price. The knee issue will make him the ultimate boom/bust QB1 candidate for the upcoming fantasy season.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Dec 18, 2022, 11:08 AM ET

Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury said Kyler Murray (knee) "probably" won't be ready for the start of the 2023 season.​

Murray underwent surgery on his torn ACL on Wednesday but also had surgery to repair his meniscus. Kingsbury noted that the decision to shut down backup Colt McCoy for the remainder of this season had to do with Murray's return and the possibility of him not being ready to start the season. It was reported in mid-December that Murray's recovery from his torn ACL is expected to take anywhere from 6-8 months, putting him on track for a late-summer/early-fall return.
SOURCE: ESPN
Jan 5, 2023, 10:30 AM ET

What a disaster that contract is going to be for the Cardinals

The potential for this is why their next HC hire is beyond important...and why I can see them taking a big run at Payton...if they bring him in, he is your best bet to get Murray to where they hoped he would be when they took him #1 and now have given up that monster deal...if they hire an HC that turns out to be a dud it could be a complete disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread