What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Will Levis, TEN (1 Viewer)

As s Colts fan, I'm warming up to the idea of him being the guy.

All the other guys already have hot dates and you just want to go to the prom.
When you're not looking he will slip mayonnaise in your coffee.
I had to search if this was posted before ... but I guess it was not new intel ...

I think this might just drop him out of 1st round discussions...

Kyle Brandt's Basement Twitter
@UKFootball QB
@will_levis
puts mayo in his coffee, eats bananas without peeling them and is deathly afraid of milk.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Kentucky QB Will Levis will visit with the Titans and Buccaneers.

Levis has also had top-30 visits with the Falcons, Panthers, Texans, and Raiders. His stock has seemed to fall a bit compared to where things were publicly in January, as he's generally become the fourth quarterback on most boards while taking meetings with teams in the middle of the first round. It only takes one team to make him a top-10 pick, though.
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Apr 11, 2023 at 1:28 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports QB Will Levis will visit with the Falcons.

Levis has logged visits with the Panthers, Bucs, Texans, and Raiders ahead of the NFL Draft. Levis' rushing ability could fit well in Arthur Smith's massively run-heavy scheme. His accuracy issues would be a problem for the fantasy prospects of both Kyle Pitts and Drake London. With Hendon Hooker's draft stock rising, Levis could plunge well into the first round. Levis would challenge second-year QB Desmond Ridder for Week 1 starting duties even though Smith has committed to Ridder as the team's QB1. The Falcons have the eighth pick in the upcoming draft.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Apr 12, 2023 at 11:07 AM ET

ESPN's Matt Miller reports the Colts have QB Will Levis ahead of QB Anthony Richardson because Levis is "more likely to play right away."​

With the fourth pick of the first round, the Colts are almost certain to select a quarterback, and it seems Levis' pro readiness makes him the favorite to go ahead of the rawer Richardson, who blew away scouts at the NFL Combine. Levis would compete with Gardner Minshew for Week 1 starting duties in Indianapolis and would eventually become the team's starter if Minshew lands the Week 1 gig and struggles for a stretch. The inaccurate Levis would likely be bad news for Michael Pittman and the rest of the Colts' pass catchers.

NFL Rookie Watch @NFLRookieWatxh
A common comparison for Will Levis among many NFL scouts and executives has reportedly been Matthew Stafford. The Colts also reportedly have Levis ranked “over” Anthony Richardson because of his ability to play earlier. Levis has met privately with the Falcons, Panthers, Texans, Colts, Raiders, Buccaneers, and Titans so far. Levis will be in attendance at the NFL Draft

Kentucky QB Will Levis visited with the Patriots.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said the team hosted Levis for a last-minute visit as part of its "due diligence" should Levis fall on draft night. With the 14th pick in the draft, New England could have a chance to reset at quarterback following Mac Jones' immense struggles during the 2022 season under the tutelage of Matt Patricia and Joe Judge. It's unlikely Levis will fall past the Colts, who have the draft's fourth pick and reportedly have Levis ahead of Florida QB Anthony Richardson.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Apr 20, 2023 at 9:32 AM ET

NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah believes Kentucky QB Will Levis would be a "good fit" for the Colts.

Jeremiah is dot connecting, not reporting, but it often doesn't take long for pre-draft "chatter" to turn into something more. "There's a lot of people in the league that you talk to — GMs and head coaches — that feel like Will Levis is a good fit (in Indy)," was Jeremiah's exact quote. "The stuff he can do, athletically, is intriguing when you think about (new coach) Shane Steichen and his work with Jalen Hurts and Justin Herbert." Again, this is just dot connecting, but picking at No. 4, the Colts have exuded quarterback desperation. This is certainly a fit that cannot be ruled out a week before Round 1.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Zak Keefer on Twitter
Apr 20, 2023 at 1:45 PM ET

Oh wow, he's 6'3 230 he must be a star. Can't wait to see what team pisses away their 1st round pick.
They say he can throw 60 yards from his knees.

:whistle:
He can, right into double coverage.
All he needs now is Jamarcus’ sizurup recipe and he’ll be ready for the Raiders!
Funny how Levis is almost 24 and being talked about as a top 2-5 pick and Trey Lance is almost 23 but only worth a 3rd or 4th rounder. Would rather have Lance.

ESPN's Todd McShay reports the Colts' interest in QB Will Levis is "very real."​

This falls in line with recent reporting about the Colts -- who have the fourth overall pick in the draft -- having Levis above Florida QB Anthony Richardson ahead of Thursday's NFL Draft. The Colts reportedly see Levis as more pro-ready than Richardson, and NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah said last week that Levis would be a good fit in the Indianapolis offense. Of course, Shane Steichen and the Colts could face a tough choice if Ohio State QB C.J. Stroud is available at No. 4.
RELATED:
SOURCE: ESPN.com
Apr 24, 2023, 9:42 AM ET

Funny how Levis is almost 24 and being talked about as a top 2-5 pick and Trey Lance is almost 23 but only worth a 3rd or 4th rounder. Would rather have Lance.
Last time he played back to back games was like 4 years ago. I don't even know what he looks like as a player right now.

He's more of an idea or a concept right now. He's a theory.
And Levis is an inaccurate college QB playing against kids two years younger than him in most cases. Not exactly a proven commodity. Not touting Lance, but saying the perceived value difference is really skewed.

Per NFL radio / Weis…per rumor…Levis has told family and friends that CAR told him he was going #1.

Carolina might be tossing some chum to try and recoup some capital from HOU. Casting about, and seeing if HOU bites on swapping spots.

What's funny is that on another Ringer podcast Solak rails against the idea that Levis will be a superstar QB because he didn't even make many "bigtime throws" in college while on a team that relied on him making bigtime throws. So, yeah, it does seem like Levis is likely to be a Jimmy G with Cousins as his ceiling after a couple of years to develop.

Is that worth a top 5 pick?

What's funny is that on another Ringer podcast Solak rails against the idea that Levis will be a superstar QB because he didn't even make many "bigtime throws" in college while on a team that relied on him making bigtime throws. So, yeah, it does seem like Levis is likely to be a Jimmy G with Cousins as his ceiling after a couple of years to develop.

People were as sure of Josh Allen's bust-ness as they are of Levis.

Regarding your question, and Solak (who's a putz):
I saw an article where an analytics guy was saying that Levis attempted more tight quarters passed than any QB. His receivers sucked. His line, sucked. Levis threw a lot of NFL passes

It's very fair to wonder Levis would have done throwing to 5 NFL WRs, like Stroud did, behind NFL OTs.

People were as sure of Josh Allen's bust-ness as they are of Levis.

Regarding your question, and Solak (who's a putz):
I saw an article where an analytics guy was saying that Levis attempted more tight quarters passed than any QB. His receivers sucked. His line, sucked. Levis threw a lot of NFL passes

It's very fair to wonder Levis would have done throwing to 5 NFL WRs, like Stroud did, behind NFL OTs.
I hope my post didn't give the impression that Levis will be a bust. I think he has a fair ceiling of Cousins who, despite his flaws and subpar primetime performances, is nowhere near a "bust" and is having a very good career. I also wouldn't think Jimmy G is a "bust" either. Both are viable starters and I think Levis can be, too.

Again, I think it's a fair question as to whether a Kirk Cousins* is worth a #1 pick. I don't know that answer. :shrug:

*I.e. a very good QB but not a superstar QB that can carry an entire team on his back like a Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, etc.

If this isn't just smoke and Levis is #1 then I wouldn't doubt a draft day trade from the Panthers a la Rivers/Manning or something like that.

I hope my post didn't give the impression that Levis will be a bust. I think he has a fair ceiling of Cousins who, despite his flaws and subpar primetime performances, is nowhere near a "bust" and is having a very good career. I also wouldn't think Jimmy G is a "bust" either. Both are viable starters and I think Levis can be, too.

Again, I think it's a fair question as to whether a Kirk Cousins* is worth a #1 pick. I don't know that answer. :shrug:

*I.e. a very good QB but not a superstar QB that can carry an entire team on his back like a Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, etc.
No, probably not worth it. But if he is Cousins or Carr, that's good enough for everyone involved to keep their jobs.

If you are Chris Ballard, and have a new young coach, drafting Cousins sounds pretty great right now.

I think rookie contract Kirk Cousins, would be considered a top-10 overall asset in the NFL, and well worth the #1 pick.

Personally, I think the Cousins level player is more likely to be Stroud, but the point remains, that is worth a lot. The issue with Cousins has never been his play (which is in the B/B- range) its his play vs the cost. If Cousins had spent his Vikings run making 1/3rd of what he does, only the most unrealistic of Viking fans would have a problem with him.

If this isn't just smoke and Levis is #1 then I wouldn't doubt a draft day trade from the Panthers a la Rivers/Manning or something like that.
I couldn't see any scenario like that. That only happened because Manning refused to play for the Chargers. Had nothing to do with team preference. As far as we know, and we'd have heard something by now, nobody is refusing to play in Carolina.

I will say, if Levis goes #1, everyone will forget the Texans winning in week 18 last year, as they'll either get the best prospect in Young, or trade the pick for someone else who wants Young.

In just a 48-hour span, Levis' No. 1 pick odds went from +5000 to +2000 to +1000 to currently +550 at FOX Bet. The Kentucky quarterback now has the second-lowest odds of getting selected first overall at FOX Bet, behind Young.4 hours ago
Mad world

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer reports some NFL teams left interviews with QB Will Levis "wondering about his personality."​

Those concerns, per Breer, could be enough for Levis to fall outside the first five picks in the NFL Draft on Thursday night. Breer believes the Colts will select Ohio State QB C.J. Stroud with the fourth overall pick, leaving Levis to fall to Houston at No. 12. Breer added Colts officials were not as put off by Levis' personality as other teams that sat down with him during the pre-draft process. The recent buzz around Levis going first overall to the Panthers has left many in the draft community perplexed. Either way, Levis will certainly be among the first three or four QBs off the board in the 2023 draft.
SOURCE: SI.com
Apr 26, 2023, 8:33 AM ET

Longtime Texans beat writer John McClain believes the Texans will take Kentucky QB Will Levis with the second pick of the 2023 NFL Draft.​

“(Houston) has no indecision whatsoever, those are national media reports," said McClain, who recently retired after decades of covering Houston-area pro sports teams. "They know what they’re going to do, they’ve just put a tight lid on it. ... I just can't believe [Texans general manager] Nick Caserio would pass up on a quarterback to take an edge rusher." Other reports over the past two weeks have said the Texans are ready and willing to pass on a quarterback and use the draft capital to improve their defense for 2023 and beyond. If the Colts believe Houston will take Levis with the second pick, they could trade up from No. 4 to ensure they get their guy. The first night of the draft is sure to be eventful.
RELATED:
SOURCE: John Crumpler on Twitter
Apr 26, 2023, 11:33 AM ET

Last edited:
This guy was the pawn of the 2023 predraft process. Just move him all over the board. 4th, first overall, falling to the mid-first, favored to go #2, back to falling again. lol

I may have to accept that the Colts may take him at 4. I already said if they take AR at 4 I would pucker up for the cows. I've already said I am a huge UK fan (grew up there) and have been against the Colts taking him, but if they do I will just hope they know what they are doing.

Users who are viewing this thread