What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Quirky things you do.... (1 Viewer)

I drink a lot of bourbon.  Usually the good stuff first w/ 1 ice cube.  Then depending on the heat, and size of my following drinks either 3 or 5 ice cubes.  I figure the increase in ice in later rounds helps me not get too stupid drunk.  Wishful thinking, I'm aware.

Oh, and I go to the cheaper stuff after the first one.  I know I'm weird.  I've embraced it.
2 is a prime number. HTH

eat 2 french fries, of equal length, at a time until the matched lengths are gone. then it's a toss up if i finish the rest.

When I talk on the phone, I have to walk around 99% of the time.

I can be at home and sitting in a chair, and if I get a phone call or make a phone call, once I start speaking, I get up and just start walking around my house. I'm either doing laps in my living room or even walking from room to room throughout my house.

I don't even think about it. My youngest kids will even pretend to be on the phone and will walk around talking, which I know they got from me.

I wish I knew why.  What are some quirky things you do?
Same, I can’t talk on the phone (except at work) without pacing around 

I like things that are toasted to be toasted.  My wife and daughter call it "burnt", but I don't want a little bit of heat waved near my bread.  I want it brown, crunchy and maybe a couple black spots on it.  Bread should crunch and leave a mess if you toast it.  I feel like I might need to pack a card like Brent Mussberger to show people how I want my toast toasted.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a little cheap breakfast joint across the street from our apartment, probably get food there once a week or so. My order has evolved over the years but it's now always a cheese and onion omelet, with wheat toast and homefries, with a side of corned beef hash. Why don't I just get the hash inside the omelet? No idea. But every single time, I have to eat each individual homefry with a small piece of buttery toast (that I cut up) in the same forkful, until it's all gone. Then I eat the rest, a bite of the omelet with some hash on the same fork until that's all gone. No idea why, I'm not like this with any other food and my gf kills me for it, for years. Feel like Jack Nicholson in "As Good As It Gets" or some ####. 

Another one--I have a habit of imagining worst case scenarios, only in the shower though. Not like daydreaming, but actual physical accidents that could happen in the shower. We have one of those rubber disks that block the tub drain rather than a metal thing on a chain--if I see it on the tub floor, even right near the drain, I immediately imagine myself or my gf slipping on it banana peel style and cracking our skulls. Then I HAVE to move it up onto the tub ledge because if I don't and that actually happened, and I came home to that aftermath, I'd know I could have prevented it. Same thing with shampoo bottles if I notice one fallen in the tub. Gotta move it and save future us or it's certain death. 

No idea why. I'm not an anxious person, or superstitious in the least. It's only in the shower and pretty much exclusively revolves around a fear of someone falling and dying because I didn't take the time to move an object. This has never happened to anyone I've known, either. Just a weird fear/fixation. 

One of my quirks is that I eat one thing at a time on my plate, and I always go from least favorite to favorite.  For example, the vegetable first, then the other side (potatoes, whatever), then the meat.  If the side is really good, I'll eat the meat first and save the side for last.

I know a lot of people eat similarly, but I'll never forget being laughed at for this when I was young.  I was working for an elderly couple in the neighborhood.  I was doing various work in their yard in the spring, and they made a nice big lunch.  It was like Thanksgiving with corn, potatoes, salad, not sure if it was turkey or something else. Anyway, I'm sitting there eating my corn and the lady asks if I like the potatoes.  I said "I don't know, I'm still eating the corn."  They both bust out laughing at me like I'm some kind of alien.  The guy is sitting there on his oxygen tank and catheder sticking out of him pajama pants.  The old lady is in her house dress with her full, wrinkly busom unsupported by undergarmets but on full display, and I'm the freak because I'm only eating my corn?  I was scarred.

I eat all of one type of food first before going to the next.. like at a fast food place, it's my fries first until they are gone, then the burger..

At home, I'll eat all of my "sides" one at a time and then the steak..  I can't take a bite of one thing and then another...

I eat all of one type of food first before going to the next.. like at a fast food place, it's my fries first until they are gone, then the burger..

At home, I'll eat all of my "sides" one at a time and then the steak..  I can't take a bite of one thing and then another...
My 8 year old does this.

HFS - I do this too.  Run my hand over myself to push the water off.  My son does it now too.  Wife thinks I'm nuts, but I still maintain it keeps the towel dryer. 
Has your towel had a hard life?  Why are you trying to keep the towel from working to it's fullest potential?  If that towel ends up dripping wet when you're done, it's done it's job. :shrug:

I eat certain foods certain ways.  Like a Twix, I have to eat the caramel off first, then the chocolate off the sides, then the cookie.  French fries can only be eaten one at a time, not in bunches.  Goldfish crackers must be split in two by first biting off the tail.  These are just a few examples of things my wife says drives her nuts.
What you do for Twix, I do for Kit Kat.  I'm the same way with fries...and I split my goldfish crackers in half along the seam from front to back...I also eat my Thin Mints with milk and use them like a straw.  I deconstruct my Pop-tarts - nibble off the edges, then split the front from the un-iced back.

I'm also very particular about sauces.  Chick-Fil-A BBQ sauce is ONLY For CFA nuggets.  Same with McDonalds.  Don't get me CfA nuggets, forget the BBQ, and assume the pack of McDonalds BBQ in the drawer is an acceptable substitute.

Every business I go into, I check to see if they have security came and then count how many.

Surprised my bank hasn't called the cops cause it looks like I am caseing the bank

Has your towel had a hard life?  Why are you trying to keep the towel from working to it's fullest potential?  If that towel ends up dripping wet when you're done, it's done it's job. :shrug:
Would you rather finish getting ready in the morning wrapped in a sopping wet towel or a somewhat damp one?

As a child, when i woulf go anywhere in the car w my parents id flex my ### cheeks (left and then right) after every lightpost we'd drive by. 

Depending on the trip, that'd be hundred of buttcheek flexes. And id do it. I still do it sometimes without noticing, but it's definitely lessened as i hit my 30s. 

my ### has been rock hard since childhood :lol:

As a child, when i woulf go anywhere in the car w my parents id flex my ### cheeks (left and then right) after every lightpost we'd drive by. 

Depending on the trip, that'd be hundred of buttcheek flexes. And id do it. I still do it sometimes without noticing, but it's definitely lessened as i hit my 30s. 

my ### has been rock hard since childhood :lol:
I used to do something similar, but I would click my teeth with the lightposts and signs on each side of the street.  I did stop it eventually.

Wow. You guys just reminded me I used to do a similar thing while a passenger in the car, blink as certain signs or lights passed the window. If it was raining I'd pick a raindrop and blink when signs and lights passed it. All the way through college.

Haven't thought about it or done it in years, weird. Probably because I'm usually looking at my phone in the car (as a passenger) now. 

What you do for Twix, I do for Kit Kat.  I'm the same way with fries...and I split my goldfish crackers in half along the seam from front to back...I also eat my Thin Mints with milk and use them like a straw.  I deconstruct my Pop-tarts - nibble off the edges, then split the front from the un-iced back.

I'm also very particular about sauces.  Chick-Fil-A BBQ sauce is ONLY For CFA nuggets.  Same with McDonalds.  Don't get me CfA nuggets, forget the BBQ, and assume the pack of McDonalds BBQ in the drawer is an acceptable substitute.
The craziest thing I've read in this thread of crazy is that someone goes to Chick-Fil-A and doesn't get the Chick-Fil-A sauce. :crazy:

Pretty much the opposite. Rotate all food groups on the plate until they are gone at about the same time.

The craziest thing I've read in this thread of crazy is that someone goes to Chick-Fil-A and doesn't get the Chick-Fil-A sauce. :crazy:
To be fair, I get both BBQ and CFA sauce.  Analogy didn't work for the CFA sauce though, because there isn't a "McDonald's" sauce...at least not one I'd consider eating.

I eat certain foods certain ways.  
I was actually thinking about this kinda thing at lunch today, glad I saw this thread and didn't start another.   :oldunsure:

If I'm eating, for example, a burger and fries... I want each "part" of the meal to be completed at or around the same time.  So its... bite of burger.... a few fries... bite of burger... a fry... sip of drink.... bite of burger... sip of drink... more fries.  I hate it when there's too many fries left when I'm done with the burger or vice versa.  

I am a master champion of getting it just right every time.   :thumbup:

Oh and I also like to walk around when I'm on the phone, only at home though.  At work I'm tethered to my desk... corded phone, so kinda stuck anyways.

I was actually thinking about this kinda thing at lunch today, glad I saw this thread and didn't start another.   :oldunsure:

If I'm eating, for example, a burger and fries... I want each "part" of the meal to be completed at or around the same time.  So its... bite of burger.... a few fries... bite of burger... a fry... sip of drink.... bite of burger... sip of drink... more fries.  I hate it when there's too many fries left when I'm done with the burger or vice versa.  

I am a master champion of getting it just right every time.   :thumbup:

Oh and I also like to walk around when I'm on the phone, only at home though.  At work I'm tethered to my desk... corded phone, so kinda stuck anyways.
yes on the "each part of the meal ending at the same time"   :hifive:

Users who are viewing this thread