What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Radiohead (1 Viewer)

I am not gonna get ANY serious work done until they release this thing.

I have a feeling it's gonna be amazing.

anybody?

I was pretty impressed with their dub side of the moon release... thought this one worked well too. fitter happier etc is better than the original.
I LOVED it when it came out.  It was the best All Stars cover imo.  No Surprises from RadioDread was my ring tone for a couple of years.   It may be my favorite reggae record ever on top of that.  Sorry Jimmy.

I am not gonna get ANY serious work done until they release this thing.

I have a feeling it's gonna be amazing.

100% chance some people whine because it doesn't sound like Creep. 
100% chance some people say it's pretentious garbage
100% chance the music media trips over their roosters raving about it
99.3% chance I listen to it 5 times the day it's released and love it, like pretty much everything else they've released

Last edited by a moderator:
100% chance some people whine because it doesn't sound like Creep. 
100% chance some people say it's pretentious garbage
100% chance the music media trips over their roosters raving about it
99.3% chance I listen to it 5 times the day it's released and love it, like pretty much everything else they've released

I don't think anyone is expecting Creep at this point unless they've been living on another planet for the last 20 years.

Some folks won't like it I'm sure, but they probably aren't RH fans to begin with.

Radiohead is the definition of an acquired taste. It's made by music nerds for music nerds.

One of the best songs they have done. In tandem with the video just a brutal send up of humanity. 10's across the board.

Rumors of them doing live shows with a symphony....first single certainly backs that....

Crossing my fingers for MSG!

Stay in the shadows
Cheer at the gallows
This is a round-up
This is a low flying panic attack
Sing a song of sixpence that goes

Burn the witch
Burn the witch
We know where you live

Red crosses on wooden doors
If you float you burn
Loose talk around tables

Abandon all reasons
Avoid all eye-contact
Do not react
Shoot the messengers

This is a low flying panic attack
Sing a song of sixpence that goes
Burn the witch
Burn the witch
We know where you live
We know where you live

This is some heavy jonny. And the staccato chop chorus sound has a lot in common with the crackles and pops of dried wood burning. Really tweaked ####. So good.

Haven't heard anything about playing with an "orchestra", but given all Jonny's work with chamber/string players since he started scoring for PTA that doesn't seem very far-fetched. And there isn't much I wouldn't do to see that in the right venue. Like Radio City.

Will need more listens.  Intriguing for sure, but I have a feeling all the haters are going to be throwing this one in our faces.  Fine by me.

Love that tune. Already like it more than anything from King of Limbs (which was good, not great).  This band is so great. 

Will need more listens.  Intriguing for sure, but I have a feeling all the haters are going to be throwing this one in our faces.  Fine by me.
I'm having trouble sleeping - should I start with track one of the new album or are there some top quality sleep-inducers later on?

;)

I love older and even experimental Radiohead, but that was neither deep in visual content nor anything but inviting its fans to hopefully defend it against people throwing shade on it. 

It's really not that great so far. 

New song is fantastic, IMO. Been stuck in my head after listening a few times  

This song has been teased by them for years. Mega fans on Reddit say they have plenty of material for a double album or more. 

New song is fantastic, IMO. Been stuck in my head after listening a few times  

This song has been teased by them for years. Mega fans on Reddit say they have plenty of material for a double album or more. 
Right, but that assumes they will decide to record all of their previously-unrecorded songs for the same studio record, which has never been their thing.  On the last tour, they played Identikit and Skirting on the Surface, but I'd be surprised to see them make this forthcoming record.  

Right, but that assumes they will decide to record all of their previously-unrecorded songs for the same studio record, which has never been their thing.  On the last tour, they played Identikit and Skirting on the Surface, but I'd be surprised to see them make this forthcoming record.  
I really like Identikit, but I'd still rather just hear all new stuff on the album.

I actually bothered to listen to it

pretty underwhelming but on par with what I expect from these guys

its sad because their musicians are talented but York is such a terrible vocalist it makes them unlistenable (similar to arcade fire)

its sad because their musicians are talented but York is such a terrible vocalist it makes them unlistenable (similar to arcade fire)
Boo.

How does one acquire such bad taste in music? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i like the song and the video.    These guys are quite creative and have been for a long time, which is rare

Years of practice I guess.  I don't deny they're a group of talented musicians, just just don't put out very many songs I'd want to listen to
Pretty much nails it. People either love them or find them boring. Haven't met anyone who denies they are talented. 

Users who are viewing this thread