What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Radiohead (1 Viewer)

Daydreaming

album released 5/8
:popcorn:

Dreamers They never learn They never learn Beyond the point Of no return Of no return And it's too late The damage is done The damage is done This goes Beyond me Beyond you The white room By window Where the sound goes Through We are Just happy to serve Just happy to serve You

Last edited by a moderator:
kind of feels like life from conception to death in 6 minutes 26 seconds. beautifully shot. some trippy stuff.  I'll admit I didn't love it on first listen but like all radiohead songs it's a grower. about on listen 8 or 9 and really liking it. can't wait for the whole album.

I actually like the song a lot more after watching the video.  Not that the video is great, it just helps for some reason. 

Yorke always looks like a hobo :lol:  , but you can get away with it when you are that talented and are in a band that successful.

Anyway, stoked for the new album!

How is the album being released this time?
website says digitally tomorrow. I'd assume it' purchased through their site.

I'd assume a physical copy release follows sometime thereafter

very excited for the new album. from the sound Burn the Witch and Daydreamer, it could be a string-heavy album

Last edited by a moderator:
website says digitally tomorrow. I'd assume it' purchased through their site.

I'd assume a physical copy release follows sometime thereafter

very excited for the new album. from the sound Burn the Witch and Daydreamer, it could be a string-heavy album
itunes, google play with have it too. a little more than 25 hours away.

Present Tense my favorite track after first listen. Album is strong after 1st listen which means it's going to be all-world after 20th listen.

Just ordered the deluxe, it looks gorgeous.  :thumbup:
The special edition vinyl?

Love this:

Recording tape belly band applied *

* This is a piece of a Radiohead ½ inch master tape from an actual recording session.
The tape degrades over time and becomes unplayable. We thought rather than it ending up as landfill we would cut it up and make it useful as a part of the special edition. A new life for some obsolete technology...
Each loop contains about ¾ of a second of audio - which could be from any era in the band's recording past going back to Kid A. You may have silence, you may have coloured leader tape, you may have a chorus... It's a crapshoot.
We have copies. Don't worry.

People on twitter asking how they'll be able to hear what's on the tape. Kind of funny.

The special edition vinyl?

Love this:

Recording tape belly band applied *

* This is a piece of a Radiohead ½ inch master tape from an actual recording session.
The tape degrades over time and becomes unplayable. We thought rather than it ending up as landfill we would cut it up and make it useful as a part of the special edition. A new life for some obsolete technology...
Each loop contains about ¾ of a second of audio - which could be from any era in the band's recording past going back to Kid A. You may have silence, you may have coloured leader tape, you may have a chorus... It's a crapshoot.
We have copies. Don't worry.

People on twitter asking how they'll be able to hear what's on the tape. Kind of funny.

Yeah, the special edition vinyl. Although I just ordered the white vinyl edition as well as the special edition won't ship until September. At least with the white, I'll be able to spin it next month.

Need to listen again and let it soak in.  Agreed with me more than the first time I listened to Kid A or King of Limbs, which is saying something.  Always have loved the live versions of True Love Waits, so this version will take a bit to adjust to. 

On the one hand, Noel Gallagher needs to figure out that Radiohead is not party music. 

On the other hand, Noel Gallagher is totally right about them always getting great reviews (or at least, almost always). I love a lot of their music, but they are definitely one of the biggest critics' darlings ever (along with Dylan, Springsteen and U2). 

Pros- some great new stuff, kind of experimental in some cases, with timing.

Cons- maybe too chill, overall.

Well worth $11

Need to listen again and let it soak in.  Agreed with me more than the first time I listened to Kid A or King of Limbs, which is saying something.  Always have loved the live versions of True Love Waits, so this version will take a bit to adjust to. 
The live version is superior

10 listens in I'm ready to say it's an all-timer. Deck's Dark, The Numbers, Ful Stop, Identikit, Burn The Witch, Present Tense, Desert island Disc...the more listens the better it gets. What's the best song on the album?  Impossible to say.  No dead spots. I'm in awe. Don't love it yet?  Just keep listening.

Willie Neslon said:
10 listens in I'm ready to say it's an all-timer. Deck's Dark, The Numbers, Ful Stop, Identikit, Burn The Witch, Present Tense, Desert island Disc...the more listens the better it gets. What's the best song on the album?  Impossible to say.  No dead spots. I'm in awe. Don't love it yet?  Just keep listening.
I listened to it 5 times this afternoon - finally with some headphones on and able to just listen a couple times too.  I think it is pretty damn great. My favorite two songs currently are Decks Dark and The Numbers.  Not sure I am willing to put it over their 90s albums yet, but I might be willing to say it's their best since OK Computer.    The only one I don't love is studio True Love Waits.  Not bad by any stretch, but after hearing the live version for 10+ years, I just prefer that. 

Users who are viewing this thread