What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rank the Star Wars Movies in here (1 Viewer)

Not all rolls for actors in Hollywood are significant. 
what does that have to do with you trying to belittle an entire industry of which is massively popular?  

It is really odd and you some how seem to be proud of your ignorance on the topic as well.

Below is the post I responded to. If the voice of a cartoon character in a TV series is something of significance to you, then ok, sure, whatever. 

Hayden wasn't in Phantom Menace. That was Jake Lloyd. Both are pretty terrible and have done nothing of significance since.

1.  Empire Strikes Back

2.  Star Wars

3.  Rogue One

4.  Return of the Jedi

5.  The Force Awakens 

6.  Revenge of the Sith

8. The Phantom Menace/Attack of the Clones

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Empire

2. New Hope

3. Rogue 1

4. Jedi

5. Sith

6. Force Awakens

7. Clones (Padme's white outfit >>>>Jar Jar and kid Anakin)

8. Phantom

1. Empire

2. New Hope

3. Force Awakens

4. Rogue One

5. Jedi

6. Revenge of the Sith

7. Clones

8. Phantom Menace

I almost put Revenge of the Sith over Return of the Jedi.  Having watched the original trilogy this weekend for the first time in a long time, I was surprised how much less I like that one than the other 2.  It hasn't aged as well for me as the others.  Yeah, I think it's the Ewoks.  Empire Strikes Back was so good, though, especially the stuff on Hoth.   

Gold
1. V ESB
2. IV ANH

Silver
3. VII TFA
4. VI ROTJ
5. R1 RO

Bronze
6. III ROTS
7. II AOTC

:X   (except for Qui Gon/Obi Wan v DM battle)
8. I TFM

Never saw Rogue One.  I wrote off the entire series halfway into whatever the #2 one was from the second trilogy.   

I guess I have to check this out.  

Never saw Rogue One.  I wrote off the entire series halfway into whatever the #2 one was from the second trilogy.   

I guess I have to check this out.  
i went into rogue one with low expectations. ended up loving it.  it was really well done. it starts slow but the second half of the movie esp the last 45 minutes is some A+ star wars ####

1a. Empire

1b. Star Wars

3. Jedi

4. Force Awakens

There are only four Star Wars movies in my opinion. I will not under any circumstance allow those putrid prequels to poison my love for this series. 

If forced I could include Rogue One I suppose and if I had to I would rank it 5th. 

Empire, A New Hope -------- Rogue One, Jedi, Force Awakens --------------------------------------------------------------------------Sith-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Clones, Menace

1. Empire Strikes Back

2. A New Hope

3. Rogue One

4. Force Awakens

5. Return of the Jedi

6. Revenge of the Sith

7. Phantom Menace

8. Attack of the Clones

None of them will ever capture what the original Star Wars did.  So even with better acting, better story, better effects from newer ones, I would still rate the original as #1 because it had a special magic to it.  Kind of like the Beatles and the excitement they created.  There will never be another experience like those.   

None of them will ever capture what the original Star Wars did.  So even with better acting, better story, better effects from newer ones, I would still rate the original as #1 because it had a special magic to it.  Kind of like the Beatles and the excitement they created.  There will never be another experience like those.   
only true if you saw the originals in the late 70s or 80s, IMO.

1. Rogue One

2. Empire

3. Star Wars

4. Clones 

5. Jedi

6. Force Awakens

7. Sith

8. Menace

I'm 42.

Empire was fantastic -- same feel as the original with a massive special effects budget due to the unexpected success of the original. Then Lucas started down the slope with Jedi when he prioritized selling cute stuffed Ewoks to kids.

I think Empire is the superior film in every way imaginable so that's why it got my 1A vote. But you're right, none of the other films will ever match the magic the first one had. Few films will for me as a film goer. It's pretty difficult not to put it at the top of the list for that reason. It's also the only film in the series that can be an entity unto itself. The story has a beginning, middle and end and other than Vader being blasted off to who knows that is the only film in the series that tells a self-contained story with no clear need for a follow-up. Every other film is connected to it in some way. But Star Wars stands alone. If there had never been another film in the series it would still rank as one of the greatest films ever made in my opinion.  

Get off my lawn! 
:yellsatcloud:

I saw them as a 10 and 13 yr old, so I get where you're coming from.   My kids, on the other hand, feel like Rogue One crushes the field, with The Force Awakens in 2nd.  Then TESB, ROTJ and finally, ANH.

Anyway....

The three prequels in their entirety -- although you'll miss some pretty solid lightsaber fights. The movies themselves are garbage overall.
Do you think anyone will ever re-make the prequels?   I'd love to see a reinterpretation of the prequels, done by a competent writer and director.

1. Empire - Easily the best of the series

2. Hope - Great casting and great movie

3. Jedi - Fun movie, but a toy selling commercial

4. Sith -  Good movie.  Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine made the movie.

5. Rogue - Great concept to fix  ANH, but had cardboard characters and she did a quick flip from I won't help to going all Leerrroyyy Jenkins at end.  Last 10 minutes much better than any of the first 2hrs 3 min.

6. Awakens -  Planet scraps metal for food, but leaves Falcon pristine.  Han and Chewy show up just in time.  Daisey Ridley good, the rest were not.

7. Clones -  Better than Menace.

8. Menace - Jar Jar

Do you think anyone will ever re-make the prequels?   I'd love to see a reinterpretation of the prequels, done by a competent writer and director.
I personally wouldn't take anything off of the table now that Disney owns the franchise, but IMO there is plenty of "story" left in the SW universe that redoing the prequels is probably going to be pretty low on the list of priorities. Agree that they could / should have been great given the material to work with, but Lucas really just crapped the bed on them.

:yellsatcloud:

I saw them as a 10 and 13 yr old, so I get where you're coming from.   My kids, on the other hand, feel like Rogue One crushes the field, with The Force Awakens in 2nd.  Then TESB, ROTJ and finally, ANH.

Anyway....
There is something to be said for how impressive the new two movies look. Just because younger people didn't experience your lack of technology doesn't make them wrong. If anything, people should be happy their kids are having the same feelings about the franchise as they did. 

My wife really doesn't care for the originals much -- she watches them and is fine with it, but she loooooves TFA and Rogie One. 

(More than anything she thinks the acting in the original trilogy is atrocious -- she's not wrong). 

Yeah I watched Empire Strikes Back this weekend and I still don't understand how it is ranked # 1 by most of you.  The ending is good but I really didn't care for the beginning or the Yoda training.

There is something to be said for how impressive the new two movies look. Just because younger people didn't experience your lack of technology doesn't make them wrong. If anything, people should be happy their kids are having the same feelings about the franchise as they did. 

My wife really doesn't care for the originals much -- she watches them and is fine with it, but she loooooves TFA and Rogie One. 

(More than anything she thinks the acting in the original trilogy is atrocious -- she's not wrong). 
yep.  I'm able to suspend whatever "love" my 10 year old self had, and "love" the new movies.   

Yeah I watched Empire Strikes Back this weekend and I still don't understand how it is ranked # 1 by most of you.  The ending is good but I really didn't care for the beginning or the Yoda training.
It was a time when the bad guys winning in a movie was unheard of.   Vader was truly unleashed.  The questions around Luke in the tree, Bespin, Boba Fett (BOBA FETT) and the freezing.   It was just a great sequel, when great sequels didn't exist.   We all loved it, and knew another movie was coming.

It was a time when the bad guys winning in a movie was unheard of.   Vader was truly unleashed.  The questions around Luke in the tree, Bespin, Boba Fett (BOBA FETT) and the freezing.   It was just a great sequel, when great sequels didn't exist.   We all loved it, and knew another movie was coming.
It's a damn near perfect movie, even with a cliffhanger ending. It's the GOAT by which all sequels are measured and while many have been good and some very good none have matched it, much less surpassed it in my opinion.

I am 43 and I had all 3 originals on VHS as a kid.  I remember always popping in A New Hope or Return of the Jedi to rewatch as a kid.  Very rarely did I rewatch Empire Strikes Back.

Phantom Menace -  Jake Lloyd is very underrated in selling the innocence of youth despite you knowing what the character becomes,  Palpatine's origin is interesting, The guy from Taken killed it, and Darth Maul is a very cool bad guy.

Attack of the Clones - it doesn't get much better than when Saruman takes on CGI Yoda in a fight that made everyone respect a younger Yoda.   Ewan McGregor kills it, and the fireside chat between Padme and Hayden Christensen was fap worthy.

A New Hope - So good especially when you consider when it was made.

The Force Awakens - It's like the exact same movie as New Hope except with better graphics and a lamer plot.

Return of the Jedi - Ewoks were total and complete garbage, but Palpatine kills it.  Also I've used Leia in a gold bikini many times.

Revenge of the Sith -  "i have the high ground"  Worst ending to a fight since Karate KId 3's final battle

Empire Strikes Back - Lame Ice World, Luke gets a hand chopped off, Yoda is way out of character in Dagobah, like they had to figure out how to write him.  Lame.

Rogue One - no lightsabers, female lead didn't have large enough breasts or sex appeal

I am 43 and I had all 3 originals on VHS as a kid.  I remember always popping in A New Hope or Return of the Jedi to rewatch as a kid.  Very rarely did I rewatch Empire Strikes Back.
That could be because Empire did not have a true ending and many of its themes were not kid-friendly. That is a dark movie in a lot of ways. It's by a landslide the most adult film in the series. 

That could be because Empire did not have a true ending and many of its themes were not kid-friendly. That is a dark movie in a lot of ways. It's by a landslide the most adult film in the series. 
Up until Rogue One. I'd say Rogue One is pretty dark as well

Up until Rogue One. I'd say Rogue One is pretty dark as well
Yeah in many ways but for me the SW series isn't about offshoots like that even if some of the same characters are sprinkled in. As I said in my first post there are really only four SW films for me. I'm either a purist or a snob.

Or both. :)

Empire Strikes Back

A New Hope

Return Of The Jedi

Rouge One

The Force Awakens

Revenge Of The Sith

The Phantom Menace

Attack Of The Clones

Phantom Menace -  Jake Lloyd is very underrated in selling the innocence of youth despite you knowing what the character becomes,  Palpatine's origin is interesting, The guy from Taken killed it, and Darth Maul is a very cool bad guy.

Attack of the Clones - it doesn't get much better than when Saruman takes on CGI Yoda in a fight that made everyone respect a younger Yoda.   Ewan McGregor kills it, and the fireside chat between Padme and Hayden Christensen was fap worthy.

A New Hope - So good especially when you consider when it was made.

The Force Awakens - It's like the exact same movie as New Hope except with better graphics and a lamer plot.

Return of the Jedi - Ewoks were total and complete garbage, but Palpatine kills it.  Also I've used Leia in a gold bikini many times.

Revenge of the Sith -  "i have the high ground"  Worst ending to a fight since Karate KId 3's final battle

Empire Strikes Back - Lame Ice World, Luke gets a hand chopped off, Yoda is way out of character in Dagobah, like they had to figure out how to write him.  Lame.

Rogue One - no lightsabers, female lead didn't have large enough breasts or sex appeal
Stinky Star Wars bait Dentist.

Well done.

The Hoth Battle is awesome, I used to re-watch just that battle scene all the time when I was younger and finally got the VHS tapes 

The Hoth Battle is awesome, I used to re-watch just that battle scene all the time when I was younger and finally got the VHS tapes 
Luke's lightsabre fight with Vader is also light years better than Vader vs. Kenobi in the first film. 

Users who are viewing this thread