What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Brian Robinson Jr. - WAS (1 Viewer)

I live on the east coast so there are no shortage of Redskin, err Commanders fans where I'm at
I'm too old and this is stupid. The NFL team from Washington DC is called the Redskins and will always be. Moving on...
I have a buddy who is a longtime Washington Whatever fan. The name changes drive him crazy and he refuses to accept the new name, thus I use it every chance I get. 😂

I have a friend that is all in with the change and I like to call them the Comanches or Commodores or his most hated, the Commies.

I'm glad that it sounds like he will survive, but just another reminder to take the opportunities to laugh, hug, and enjoy life where ever you can. You just never know.

Horrible things happen to people everywhere everyday. If you can't handle a joke now, I don't know how you ever can.

Prayers and more Prayers, not much else you can say other than I hope Robinson pulls thru and whoever did this to him is brought to justice

If I owned the team I would simply be there for him when he pulls thru and let him know he never has to worry about playing another snap in the NFL and that a future in the front office is his for the taking. What a terrible event for Robinson, the Team specifically the men and women in the front office and the entire fan base, my heart goes out to everyone.

At least he's alive and we can rally around him and this type of senselessness, it totally sucks but the team has an opportunity to make this better than it would usually be for the average citizen.
I’m hopeful he’ll come back to play this season.

Right now we just have no idea of the severity.

ETA: I have no shares. Just don’t want anyone to think I said that for selfish magical foozeball reasons.

I'm in an FFPC dynasty league where I have Gibson. There's a guy in the league who has sent me awful offers all summer. I got the Sleeper app alert that Robinson had been shot. Literally one minute later, this guy sent me an embarrassingly lowball offer for Gibson. In my rejection, I blasted him for it. He claimed my mention of Robinson being shot was the first he heard about it. I very much doubt that.

Some people really have no shame.

Find another board if you want to make jokes on this. Full stop.
This is a fair stance JB but it is also important to remember that going to humor is a very common, and valuable, coping mechanism for many people in the face of tragedy.

I had a comment queued up, along those lines but did not post because, honestly in an age where people get outraged by Game of Freaking Thrones not providing a trigger warning (think about that for a minute), it wasn't worth having to explain to people that there is more than one acceptable way to cope. Then again, here we are.

:2cents:

Find another board if you want to make jokes on this. Full stop.
This is a fair stance JB but it is also important to remember that going to humor is a very common, and valuable, coping mechanism for many people in the face of tragedy.

I had a comment queued up, along those lines but did not post because, honestly in an age where people get outraged by Game of Freaking Thrones not providing a trigger warning (think about that for a minute), it wasn't worth having to explain to people that there is more than one acceptable way to cope. Then again, here we are.

:2cents:

Like my mom always says, if you don't laugh you'll cry.

This is just tragic. 10th and H isn't even supposed to be a rough area anymore... guess it's still a bit rough.

Outcomes here are anything from never play football again to back in a month, it entirely depends on where the bullets hit. For his sake, I hope he's back soon. 3rd round rookie salary won't set him up for life, he's going to have to take a regular job like the rest of us if he can't play again.

Some updates, sound pretty positive:
#Commanders coach Ron Rivera says RB Brian Robinson is “in a really good place” after being the victim last night in an attempted robbery. Some notes: — Could be released from the hospital today. — He’s doing as well as possible given circumstances.

More on Robinson: — He was shot in the glute and lower leg, sources say, both non-life threatening. — Football is not important here, but since we cover football: Robinson has not been ruled out for playing at some point this season.

Some updates, sound pretty positive:
#Commanders coach Ron Rivera says RB Brian Robinson is “in a really good place” after being the victim last night in an attempted robbery. Some notes: — Could be released from the hospital today. — He’s doing as well as possible given circumstances.

More on Robinson: — He was shot in the glute and lower leg, sources say, both non-life threatening. — Football is not important here, but since we cover football: Robinson has not been ruled out for playing at some point this season.
Definitely positive for the long-term, which is awesome. Frankly any positive news is good to hear on a human level.
"Not ruled out for playing at some point this season" isn't exactly super positive though.

Users who are viewing this thread