What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Christian McCaffrey, SF (1 Viewer)

Have the last pick in my 14-team PPR redraft league. I don't think CMC will still be there when I pick at the turn. If he is still there I'd probably take him. I think he has a pretty good shot to be one of the top 8 RBs in fantasy this year.

Seems WRs are the "thing" in current drafts and RBs fall a bit. Still, in my non-PPR league at 10th I do not expect to get CMC. If he is there I WILL take him. I consider him the #1 choice with my league settings.
He went second in my long standing standard draft last night.

I want some of what you are smoking if you think there’s a a chance you get him at 10.
I just drew the #1 pick in my office re-draft league. Tossing the coin between CMC and JJ this weekend. Gotta do a few mocks.

too rich for my blood with his injury history and depressed numbers when Elijah is healthy. Also run the risk of the Niners resting him late in the season.

Justin Jefferson for me all day and every day.

Last edited:
Seems WRs are the "thing" in current drafts and RBs fall a bit. Still, in my non-PPR league at 10th I do not expect to get CMC. If he is there I WILL take him. I consider him the #1 choice with my league settings.
He went second in my long standing standard draft last night.

I want some of what you are smoking if you think there’s a a chance you get him at 10.
I just drew the #1 pick in my office re-draft league. Tossing the coin between CMC and JJ this weekend. Gotta do a few mocks.
I'm facing a similar situation but my league is super-flex so QBs are on the table.

Personally I am pretty much in favor of JJ over McCaffrey.

To be fair McCaffrey scored 0.9 ppg more than Jefferson from week 8 on, but I don't think JJ has had his career year yet and I think McCaffrey has (2019).

McCaffrey in SF prorates to 1938 yards, 85 receptions and 8.5 TDs but I personally give RBs an injury discount relative to WRs. That discount increases, marginally, with a 7th year RB working on 1,500 touches. It's a small adjustment but more than enough for me to take JJ over McCaffrey.

YMMV

CMC is the most talented RB in the league in probably the best situation he could ask for. He can also do it all on the ground and in the air. He doesn't need 300 carries to be an entire tier above everyone else in fantasy this year, and if you handcuff him you'll be more than fine even if he does get hurt. I've got him penciled in for 2000 combined yards, 80 catches, and 13+ TDs with some upside on the table. Justin Jefferson is safer, sure, but not that much and his upside can't can't compete with CMC's. He's my #1 on the board in a tier of his own and I think people have forgotten what it looks like when top talent meets golden opportunity at the RB position even with a 'pitch count' that will likely get ignored in close games and they need their best player on the field.

I agree JJ is first for me in my redraft non-PPR league over CMC. Reasons are valid. Injury history and realistically there is no way MIN can NOT use JJ as the focal point of their offense all the way. Niners could ease CMC workload if they have a comfortable division lead. Doesn't really matter much as I won't be seeing either ln the board when I draft.

Niners could ease CMC workload if they have a comfortable division lead.

I dont see a comfortable division lead, it's gonna be a battle between SF and SEA for the NFC West title IMO.
Plus, there likely is a battle to get the #1 seed.

I've never understood the idea of assuming players will be resting late in the year, so many things can happen to make teams under/overachieve.

Christian McCaffrey rushed 22 times for 152 yards and a touchdown in the 49ers’ Week 1 win over the Steelers, adding three receptions for 17 additional yards.

The 150-yard rushing effort was the fourth of McCaffrey’s career, and his first as a 49er. The highlight was his 65-yard rushing touchdown on the opening drive of the third quarter. McCaffrey got small through the hole, spun off a tackle, and then followed a caravan to the end zone. It was the perfect exclamation point to a day where McCaffrey looked like, well, McCaffrey. There were also no usage or workload concerns, as coach Kyle Shanahan was feeding his lead back late into a blowout victory. It would still make sense for the 49ers to dial off McCaffrey’s carries at times, but it is never going to be to the point that it threatens his top-three RB1 status. The Rams are a plus Week 2 matchup.

I’m no nfl coach, but I honestly thought they left him in there a little too long at the end of that game.

With a lead like that, wrap this guy in bubble paper in the 4th quarter.

I think we are going to see a season that is Marshall Faulk like. He opens up the entire 49er offense, with Brock Purdy playing point guard on a loaded team (and because Purdy is cheap when it comes to salary, will help keep that franchise loaded until his salary actually reflects "franchise player" opposed to CMC and Bosa's respective salaries). The odd man out is Deebo Samuels, he had only 3 touches this game (sorry Deebo owners, you may get yours later or not), which were carries for only 6 yards. Now of course the 49ers played against a defense that was almost dead last in 2022 in PA, started a QB who isn't the one eating a ton of salary, and with a new head coach. Their SoS is also very weak this season (thier first four opponents have a total of 6 wins between them in the first four games, and the 49er defense faced challegned quarterbacks in Kenny Pickett, Matt Stafford, Daneil Jones, and Joshua Dobbs, not exactly a "Murderers Row" unless they were doctors prescribing OxyContin), but throughout these games with Purdy being effiecient and running the offense as designed, it has all the oppurtunity for a MVP season from CMC. With a total of 7 TDs combined throughout 4 games and around 600+ yards of total offense through 4 games, these numbers don't come near to explaining how versatile he is in within the 49er offense because he is everywhere within the scheme, is the key dynamic that helps make it more explosive - not in a "bombs away" offense like Faulk in the GSOT - but more classic West Coast Offense.

Now this is all predicated on the 49ers keeping either Purdy or more importanly CMC healthy throughout the season. But Purdy is not Jimmy Garoppolo, he's more accurate, has better timing and anticipation, does not throw "hospital balls" that are more panic throws than anything else, and had a better deep ball over the middle of the field. The 49er offense with all the talent provided to Purdy makes throws easy. Because of CMC.

It also helps when the defense isn't in the bottom half of the league. This is something that ClickBaitGuys like Dave Lombardi loves to dismiss. I mean, he put QB's like Jimmy Garoppolo on his pedestal without considering CMC or the defense. Big reaon why Purdy went 20/21 is due to CMC. But that isn't going to stop someone here posting his tweet like they had when Jimmy Garroppolo was quarterback.

Well, not anymore...

I think we are going to see a season that is Marshall Faulk like. He opens up the entire 49er offense, with Brock Purdy playing point guard on a loaded team (and because Purdy is cheap when it comes to salary, will help keep that franchise loaded until his salary actually reflects "franchise player" opposed to CMC and Bosa's respective salaries). The odd man out is Deebo Samuels, he had only 3 touches this game (sorry Deebo owners, you may get yours later or not), which were carries for only 6 yards. Now of course the 49ers played against a defense that was almost dead last in 2022 in PA, started a QB who isn't the one eating a ton of salary, and with a new head coach. Their SoS is also very weak this season (thier first four opponents have a total of 6 wins between them in the first four games, and the 49er defense faced challegned quarterbacks in Kenny Pickett, Matt Stafford, Daneil Jones, and Joshua Dobbs, not exactly a "Murderers Row" unless they were doctors prescribing OxyContin), but throughout these games with Purdy being effiecient and running the offense as designed, it has all the oppurtunity for a MVP season from CMC. With a total of 7 TDs combined throughout 4 games and around 600+ yards of total offense through 4 games, these numbers don't come near to explaining how versatile he is in within the 49er offense because he is everywhere within the scheme, is the key dynamic that helps make it more explosive - not in a "bombs away" offense like Faulk in the GSOT - but more classic West Coast Offense.

Now this is all predicated on the 49ers keeping either Purdy or more importanly CMC healthy throughout the season. But Purdy is not Jimmy Garoppolo, he's more accurate, has better timing and anticipation, does not throw "hospital balls" that are more panic throws than anything else, and had a better deep ball over the middle of the field. The 49er offense with all the talent provided to Purdy makes throws easy. Because of CMC.

It also helps when the defense isn't in the bottom half of the league. This is something that ClickBaitGuys like Dave Lombardi loves to dismiss. I mean, he put QB's like Jimmy Garoppolo on his pedestal without considering CMC or the defense. Big reaon why Purdy went 20/21 is due to CMC. But that isn't going to stop someone here posting his tweet like they had when Jimmy Garroppolo was quarterback.

Well, not anymore...
16 games - 4 games vs SF = 12 games. 6 wins is .500.

I don't disagree that the schedule isn't tough, just pointing out that you need to subtract the games vs. SF for an accurate comp.

Very happy to have a piece of CMC in redraft leagues.
I was shocked sometimes to get him at 3-4 and yes even 5th pick occasionally

Can't have 4 TDs weekly, he might be due for one of those games event he best of the best have sometimes, SF right now is pretty safe place to have skill position players
Deebo was hurt entering yesterday, his non production n the passing game was extra cheddar for CMC and his investors, won't be 200 yds and 4 TDs most weeks

-But happy to blow out MoP Jr yesterday
:wink:

I know this isn't the right forum, but...

I've just been offered

Cousins
Bijan
Adams

for

McCaffrey
Waddle

Watson is my starter(Safford this week)

Upgrade at QB and WR, while a slight downgrade at RB

Thoughts?

I've just been offered

Cousins
Bijan
Adams

for

McCaffrey
Waddle

Thoughts?
Cousins
Bijan
Adams
Waddle

for

McCaffrey

Nope

I've just been offered

Cousins
Bijan
Adams

for

McCaffrey
Waddle

Thoughts?
Cousins
Bijan
Adams
Waddle

for

McCaffrey

Nope

I've just been offered

Cousins
Bijan
Adams

for

McCaffrey
Waddle

Thoughts?

I wouldn’t do it personally fwiw
I would.

I've just been offered

Cousins
Bijan
Adams

for

McCaffrey
Waddle

Thoughts?
No. Cousins isn’t that great. You could most likely pick up QBs off the wire and play matchups and do just as well. Adams isn’t that much of an upgrade over Waddle. CMC is on a historic pace. It’s a fair offer from there other than but you’re giving up the best player and need to get more

I've just been offered

Cousins
Bijan
Adams

for

McCaffrey
Waddle

Thoughts?
Quantity for quality?
No thanks

49ers' RB Christian McCaffrey has won the FedEx Ground Player of the Week again for Week 4.

He's won it 3 of the first 4 weeks of the season.

McCaffrey also won the NFC Offensive Player of the Week for the first time this season.

Well, not anymore...
16 games - 4 games vs SF = 12 games. 6 wins is .500.

I don't disagree that the schedule isn't tough, just pointing out that you need to subtract the games vs. SF for an accurate comp.

Well SoS mattered tonight. But it was due to QBs within their offenses, one in Purdy who is a perfect fit within the offense, the other a QB who no matter the offense is just a horrible QB, and now the Cowboys can't hide it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread