What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Raheem Mostert, MIA (2 Viewers)

He's the guy I've been trying to sell high unsuccessfully for weeks and he just keeps grinding it out. Glad I didn't sell.

Very surprised he got 20+ carries with Achane fully healthy.
He was running much better than Achane last night.

When DA first came back from his injury, I saw something on Rotoworld or wherever about how he would "reclaim" the lead RB role, and I was like, what are you smoking? Mostert has clearly been the RB1 all season in terms of workload. Even during the Washington game, Achane did most of his damage in garbage time
I fell for the narrative that Archane would take over the backfield upon his return last week. Sat Mostert for Nico in the flex. Ugh.

Mostert has been super-glued into 1 of my 2 starting RB slots all season. I think I benched him once for Derrick Henry or Brian Robinson or James Cook earlier in the season (those are my 4 RBs in that league) and watched Mostert go off on my bench. He’s too good to bench this year so my weekly chore is fingering out who to start at my other RB slot from those 3 guys…but Henry has made that an easy call the past few weeks after a brutal start.

I’ve mentioned it before in this thread but I’m so happy that my numerous and incessant attempts to trade Mostert during the season were all rejected!

I’m so high on the guy that I’m benching Ekeler to start Mostert in week one of the playoffs in my main money PPR league. Could you imagine anyone suggesting that before the season?

Who knows how the rest of the season goes.....

But certainly, we never have and probably never will see a man coming into an NFL season as the NFL's career leader in yards per carry and the clear lead back on an explosive offense, and nobody believed in him at any point in the season no matter what he did.

He was completely free on draft day. Every week of the season, you'd sell if you could find a buyer. But you couldn't. It's Week 15 and he's the RB2 on the season. Just like every week this season, the "smart money" is on him as a low end RB2.

Hell, we still don't believe.

Who knows what he does from here on out, but man, it certainly makes sense to appreciate what he's done this year. 31 year old throwing down the guantlet in a league where 26 is over the hlll.

said it many moons ago...sell high..nope - never going to get the value. Just enjoy the ride, and it's been amazing. 18 td so far ---18 and counting!!! well done mostert...well done indeed.

I’ve mentioned it before in this thread but I’m so happy that my numerous and incessant attempts to trade Mostert during the season were all rejected!

I’m so high on the guy that I’m benching Ekeler to start Mostert in week one of the playoffs in my main money PPR league. Could you imagine anyone suggesting that before the season?
I'm playing both...getting a weird 3td ekeler vibe this week.

Confused with what took place with his knee.

Saw the original hit and it didn't look good. Thought he was out for the game. Then next thing you know he was back in and caught a TD pass to save his day.

Did he leave again though? Could swear through the haze of Xmas eve booze that he wasn't in at the end of the game.

Confused with what took place with his knee.

Saw the original hit and it didn't look good. Thought he was out for the game. Then next thing you know he was back in and caught a TD pass to save his day.

Did he leave again though? Could swear through the haze of Xmas eve booze that he wasn't in at the end of the game.
He left after getting hit again and didn’t come back. Seemed to walk off just fine.

209-1,012-18TDs on the ground, all career highs, 31 yrs old
1,187 total and 21 TDs overall in '23
2,190 total yds over his 1st 2 seasons in a Miami uniform.
Some of the best value on a free agent Miami has signed in quite some time.
Hope he can play vs Balt for at least a few drives or inside the red zone where he's been very effective all season.

Hope he can play vs Balt for at least a few drives or inside the red zone where he's been very effective all season.
As a Wilson owner too, I'd rather he just sit if hurt.

As a Wilson owner too, I'd rather he just sit if hurt.
Not sure I'd be loving starting Wilson @BALT even if Mostert is out.

Mostert 15-42 last week and 11 for 46 this week. Not involved in the receiving game, but of course his TDs keep bailing him out.

Fear that this is the week...@BALT...the TD fails to show up in the box score.

Interesting he posts this production a year after giving way to Wilson after he was acquired midseason.

Both Mostest and Wilson signed through 2024. Anyone want to guess where Mostert goes in redraft next year? It seems to me McDaniel has a role for Achane and doesn't want to overload him.

#Dolphins RB Raheem Mostert, who is tied for the NFL lead with 21 TDs, is expected to be inactive Sunday against the #Ravens, sources tell me and @RapSheet.

I really sort of hope so.
Even if he plays, it's really hard to see a path to a good game, and there's the risk he doesn't finish it.

Anybody that's been on the Mostert-wagon all year would have a really hard time benching him if does play.

Seems like a smash spot for Achane. Not on injury report. Mostert likely out. Big game. Anything under 100 total yards and a TD would be a bust.

Seems like a smash spot for Achane. Not on injury report. Mostert likely out. Big game. Anything under 100 total yards and a TD would be a bust.
PUBLISHED SUN DEC 31 12:53:02 A.M. ET 2023
(fantasypros) Raheem Mostert is not expected to play on Sunday against the Ravens.
Analysis: The reports out of Dolphins' practice all week suggested Mostert would be able to play, but it turns out he will likely be sidelined. It figures to be De'Von Achane leading the Dolphins backfield with Jeff Wilson Jr. playing a role behind him.

Who trusts Wilson?
Why would anyone play Wilson if Achane is playing. What did I miss?
They have been splitting the work between RBs is all.
All I know is that if you're in your championship game I wouldn't play Wilson if I had a remote heartbeat from someone else. Not if Achane is playing. Wilson will get carries if Mostert is out, but can you have a warm and fuzzy about that?

No Mostert, Waddle, or Jacobs has me on the wire championship morning because I don't really want to start Godwin or the GusBus :oldunsure:
Gus HAS to be better than the waiver wire, right??
Interestingly, my opponent dropped Zeke to pick up the defense he is playing this week. He also blocked me on Zamir White. Carrying three defenses championship week is a choice...

Ten team league and a lot of folks aren't making moves unless it is pickups for next year.

Last edited:
Is Wilson worth a start here
I have to use him. Toilet bowl game for the #1 pick this week. If I lose I get pick 2. Ugh
Wilson is much more of a north/south option so it's going to be game script dependent.
Ugh.. Its either him or Mclaurin replacing Mostert for me.
Sadly it looks like Howell is starting. Brissett has really seemed to make McLaurin usable when they put him in.

Users who are viewing this thread