What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ronald Jones, Cowboys (3 Viewers)

Didn't enter the game until the 3Q yesterday. Stick a fork in him.
Yup. So happy I was able to land Pacheco in the 1 league I roster him.

I’m curious as to where he’ll end up. Could create some last minute chaos on the FF landscape if he becomes a RBBC guy on a team that was thought to have a feature back.
Where could he possibly land that has a weaker RB depth chart than the Chiefs? If he can't make this team, it speaks volumes.

I think there's a better chance no one even signs him than him ruining another players fantasy value - although I would imagine he'll end up somewhere, but just as depth.

I’m curious as to where he’ll end up. Could create some last minute chaos on the FF landscape if he becomes a RBBC guy on a team that was thought to have a feature back.
Where could he possibly land that has a weaker RB depth chart than the Chiefs? If he can't make this team, it speaks volumes.

I think there's a better chance no one even signs him than him ruining another players fantasy value - although I would imagine he'll end up somewhere, but just as depth.
It’s a valid point. I’m still a little bit shocked, but apparently Pacheco has made quite the impact. and from what I’ve read, his ability to play special teams was a huge factor.

That said, I could see him overturning the apple cart in Atlanta. The rookie is listed as 8th on the depth chart, which isn’t a great sign. Cordelle Patterson is 137 years old. that’s the first team I’d be calling if I were the Chiefs.

It’s a valid point. I’m still a little bit shocked, but apparently Pacheco has made quite the impact. and from what I’ve read, his ability to play special teams was a huge factor.

That said, I could see him overturning the apple cart in Atlanta. The rookie is listed as 8th on the depth chart, which isn’t a great sign. Cordelle Patterson is 137 years old. that’s the first team I’d be calling if I were the Chiefs.

Atlanta is already a messy situation imo, but sure he could make it murkier. I see no chance that they trade for him. Atlanta is likely the second worst team in the league in 2022.

It's possible he ends up back in TB and could earn a role there again. Maybe Miami?

Atlanta is already a messy situation imo, but sure he could make it murkier. I see no chance that they trade for him. Atlanta is likely the second worst team in the league in 2022.

It's possible he ends up back in TB and could earn a role there again. Maybe Miami?
Tampa Bay nightmare for Leonard Fournette shareholders.

Tampa Bay nightmare for Leonard Fournette shareholders.
Are you serious?

Are you serious?
Yes, I was seriously responding to @Dr. Octopus saying he could go back to TB.
It was a hypothetical statement with a hypothetical response,
:shrug:
Why would the Bucs want him and why would he go back there? And even if it were to somehow happen, which it won’t, it wouldn’t be a “nightmare” for Fournette owners. Fournette owners should worry about Rachaad White taking 3rd downs.

Are you serious?
Yes, I was seriously responding to @Dr. Octopus saying he could go back to TB.
It was a hypothetical statement with a hypothetical response,
:shrug:
Why would the Bucs want him and why would he go back there? And even if it were to somehow happen, which it won’t, it wouldn’t be a “nightmare” for Fournette owners. Fournette owners should worry about Rachaad White taking 3rd downs.
Because it would be another mouth to feed, and would complicate what’s a pretty straightforward RB situation.

As for why, it’s a hypothetical. You’re taking a throw-away comment way too seriously.

Where could he possibly land that has a weaker RB depth chart than the Chiefs?

One team I'd throw out as a chance is the Ravens who tried to trade for him at the deadline last year and felt they made a competitve offer for him. Depends where they are on health of Dobbins/Gus and what they think they have in Mike Davis.

Could come up with a few more teams with weak RB depth charts and one of the first teams I think of is the Steelers who have a big time starter but likely will have an UDFA as the backup and McFarland or Snell as the third RB.

Either way I have said this before and will again say I deserve a big L over ROJO's Chiefs tenure as I'm on record multiple times in this thread as saying I thought he could win the primary rushing job and I most certainly not trying to hang onto him in hopes he finds greener pastures somewhere else. I'm pretty much out on him entirely for fantasy until he gives me a reason to consider being back in.

Either way I have said this before and will again say I deserve a big L over ROJO's Chiefs tenure as I'm on record multiple times in this thread as saying I thought he could win the primary rushing job and I most certainly not trying to hang onto him in hopes he finds greener pastures somewhere else. I'm pretty much out on him entirely for fantasy until he gives me a reason to consider being back in.
i also, as well, in addition to.

RoJo had the opportunity at one point, but a surprise 7th round pick seems to be taking the gig by storm.

I’m a little shocked, and very disappointed, which really is the most predictable thing ever with RoJo.

Last edited:
39 pages.
What's the over under on how many games people have confidently started this stiff in his career?

I always have a strange fascination when some players get no benefit of the doubt, and others get multiple mulligans.

This guy is the Sam Bradford of running backs.

39 pages.
What's the over under on how many games people have confidently started this stiff in his career?

I always have a strange fascination when some players get no benefit of the doubt, and others get multiple mulligans.

In his one magical season he helped me substantially.

He’s been a monumental turd ever since.

39 pages.

Every situation is different and requires some nuance.

In his case the short version was stinky beyond belief as a rookie. Considerable improvement year two and another jump in year three where he spent half a season as a solid RB2 in fantasy and had Arians telling Fournette to improve his attitude over being his backup or get cut. Then COVID and some injuries opened up the crack for Fournette and he never gave it up.

Really nothing odd to me about studying his generally improved career trajectory, youth, and arriving at conclusion a change of scenery might be just what he needed.

i also, as well, in addition to.

RoJo had the opportunity at one point, but a surprise 7th round pick seems to be taking the gig by storm.

I’m a little shocked, and very disappointed, which really is the most predictable thing ever with RoJo.
Right here, too. I thought this was his gig for the taking. I’m way wrong, debating being totally out, and have no idea where he goes from here. I thought this was his Marshawn to Seattle moment.

As a Texans fan, Houston. I mean, why not?

Pierce looks good thus far, but other than him you’re talking about a retread Burkhead and a possible reclamation in Mack. RoJo, Mack, and Pierce wouldn’t be a bad committee to support Mills and company.

As a Texans fan, Houston. I mean, why not?

Pierce looks good thus far, but other than him you’re talking about a retread Burkhead and a possible reclamation in Mack. RoJo, Mack, and Pierce wouldn’t be a bad committee to support Mills and company.
I’d stick if I was Houston but that’s also a possibility and you’re right the depth chart isn’t vaunting.

I don't see Jones being a threat in Atlanta or Houston. He's just not good, he's also a guy who 3 different coaches have come to the conclusion that he isn't worth using.

I don't see him beating out Patterson or Williams in Atlanta, so why bother? In Houston, he's not touching Pierce or Mack, and Burkhead is a staff favorite who has the exact opposite skill set of Jones, so he's not replacing him either.

I don't think it was ever particularly reasonable to think he'd be the guy in KC this year. He signed a tiny deal, that they could easily get out of. I thought all along that Jones/McKinnon/7th rounder should have always been taken as a vote of confidence in CEH. Whether some want to agree with it or not, the Chiefs clearly believe his struggles last year were due to his offseason surgery and weight loss. If they were seriously concerned about him, they'd have signed someone like Melvin Gordon.

ETA: I feel like way too many people were just wanting to pile dirt on a 23 year old 1st round pick, who has been decent (not great) when healthy.

Given Walker's unknown with his injury right now, If he was cut I wouldn't be surprised for Rojo to end up in Seattle....
It sounds like a hernia. Having had hernia surgery last year, I can attest that the recovery is about 3 months, not lifting anything over 10 lbs. it’s a repair of the intestinal wall, and it’s very easy to disrupt the stitching with strain or stress.

I can’t imagine how playing football measures into that equation but I’m guessing it’s “not good”.

I think Seattle is comfortable with Dallas and Homer, and it’s not like they’re trying to win right now. But it’s as good a landing spot as any.

“I’m not dead yet!”
~ Ronald Jones, August 23, 2022

“Chiefs' Ronald Jones: Late life in KC?

(13 mins ago) Jones may have "late life" in Kansas City, as he had a good practice Tuesday after teammate Derrick Gore (thumb) was placed on injured reserve, Pete Sweeney of ArrowheadPride.com reports.
Those who drafted Jones earlier this summer were hoping he'd challenge Clyde Edwards-Helaire for the starting job, or at least take away a large portion of the carries. Instead, the former Buc seems to be battling for a back-end roster spot, as he's worked behind Isiah Pacheco and Jerick McKinnon (in addition to CEH) throughout the preseason. Even if he's behind those guys, Jones could make the roster as the fourth running back, though for fantasy purposes a fresh start with another team might actually be better.”

I’d much prefer if he were dealt to a needy team, but alas, looks like he might win a roster spot by default with the Gore injury.

“I’m not dead yet!”
~ Ronald Jones, August 23, 2022

“Chiefs' Ronald Jones: Late life in KC?

(13 mins ago) Jones may have "late life" in Kansas City, as he had a good practice Tuesday after teammate Derrick Gore (thumb) was placed on injured reserve, Pete Sweeney of ArrowheadPride.com reports.
Those who drafted Jones earlier this summer were hoping he'd challenge Clyde Edwards-Helaire for the starting job, or at least take away a large portion of the carries. Instead, the former Buc seems to be battling for a back-end roster spot, as he's worked behind Isiah Pacheco and Jerick McKinnon (in addition to CEH) throughout the preseason. Even if he's behind those guys, Jones could make the roster as the fourth running back, though for fantasy purposes a fresh start with another team might actually be better.”

I’d much prefer if he were dealt to a needy team, but alas, looks like he might win a roster spot by default with the Gore injury.

The issue is he went to a RB needy team and doesn’t appear to be doing much…he is still young but he is starting to trend towards journeyman status.

ESPN's Adam Teicher believes the Chiefs will release Ronald Jones.​

Teams must cut down to their 53-man rosters in four days. Jones is competing with Jerick McKinnon and Isiah Pacheco for backup duties in Kansas City. All reports have Pacheco holding down that gig, leaving the No. 3 role to McKinnon and Jones. McKinnon played 122 special teams snaps for the Chiefs last year and has previously served as a kick returner. He is also a strong receiver out of the backfield. RoJo, on the other hand, is only useful as a runner between the tackles. Given his limited skill set, it's unlikely Kansas City holds onto him. He can be left off all fantasy rosters.
RELATED:
SOURCE: ESPN
Aug 26, 2022, 1:29 PM ET

Teams must cut down to their 53-man rosters in four days. Jones is competing with Jerick McKinnon and Isiah Pacheco for backup duties in Kansas City. All reports have Pacheco holding down that gig, leaving the No. 3 role to McKinnon and Jones. McKinnon played 122 special teams snaps for the Chiefs last year and has previously served as a kick returner. He is also a strong receiver out of the backfield. RoJo, on the other hand, is only useful as a runner between the tackles. Given his limited skill set, it's unlikely Kansas City holds onto him. He can be left off all fantasy rosters.
RELATED:
I think teams normally keep at least 4 Rbs

RELATED:
I think teams normally keep at least 4 Rbs
They carry a FB so maybe that changes things.

The Chiefs have a terrible running back room. It's just...not good.

Looking over projections for every team, I’m hard pressed to find five teams with a less impressive RB room. Last year they were pedestrian and the strong finish (#2 in PPR FF pts the last 5 weeks/4 G) came largely from Derrick Gore & Darrell Williams, both of whom are now gone.

Whether RoJo makes the team or not, hard to see him being relevant in the current pecking order.

Sorry, my bad. I think I must have 30 free registrations of various outlets, and 90-97% are bc I want local FF angles. Anyway, hard to copy pasta on mobile but I thought this Reid quote was a tell:

“I didn’t think he did anything to hurt himself in our eyes or whatever happens to him down the road here,” Reid said. “But I thought he did a nice job for us.”

The gist of the game recap heavily focused on RoJo is fighting for his spot and def the odd man out. Gore being waved and a h-back TE going on IR/PUP might be the only thing that saves him.

A RB on the waiver wire could become fantasy relevant. It's one of the easiest positions to pick up and start. Case in point, Duke Johnson last year for Miami. He was signed to the practice squad in late October, started the last 4 games, and was the most effective RB by far, averaging 4.6 ypc, two 100 yard games, 3TDs, with a 72 pff grade.

RBs likely to be cut include Duke, Myles Gaskin, and some good ones from the Browns and Patriots, Darrell Williams, to name a few.

A RB on the waiver wire could become fantasy relevant. It's one of the easiest positions to pick up and start. Case in point, Duke Johnson last year for Miami. He was signed to the practice squad in late October, started the last 4 games, and was the most effective RB by far, averaging 4.6 ypc, two 100 yard games, 3TDs, with a 72 pff grade.

RBs likely to be cut include Duke, Myles Gaskin, and some good ones from the Browns and Patriots, Darrell Williams, to name a few.
Lions had several RBs that looked good in week 2. The Lions backups ran the ball all over the Colts 2nd string D. Lions may need to cut Justin Jackson and Jermar Jefferson.

Lions had several RBs that looked good in week 2. The Lions backups ran the ball all over the Colts 2nd string D. Lions may need to cut Justin Jackson and Jermar Jefferson.

It's funny. There's no shortage of RB talent around the league. What there is a shortage of is RB health and durability. Tough yards and popping back up. I wonder how long it will be before we start seeing full-blown four man committees and things of that ilk.

Users who are viewing this thread