What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Zack Moss, CIN (2 Viewers)

So, is he must start going forward? Don't think Baltimore scares me but they are a massive favorite. Seems the Colts have a solid run D but very bad pass D. Ravens want to throw more, so I'm not sure how much opportunity the Colts will get. I've underestimated the Colts though each week. Feels like underestimating again.
I think Moss is in that tier of player where matchup is more than a minor contributor to your decision. I would be watching Richardson's status too.

Have no choice but to start him this week.

Ian Rapp reporting Richardson likely out.

Think this is good news? No Richardson stealing TDs and Minshew seems like he can move the offense.

Have no choice but to start him this week.

Ian Rapp reporting Richardson likely out.

Think this is good news? No Richardson stealing TDs and Minshew seems like he can move the offense.
Only issue is Balt run D is pretty good. So we'll see how he is. If JT gets traded, Moss could go a long way to securing his role for the rest of the year.

Tough matchup for sure. I like Moss. He just isn't a locked and loaded set and forget flex just yet. Problem with me, as a Kamara and Taylor owner, he is.

Zack Moss rushed 30 times :eek: for 122 yards in the Colts’ Week 3 win over the Ravens, adding two catches for 23 yards and a touchdown.

The Colts made the surprising move to cut Deon Jackson in the middle of the week, gifting the entirety of their backfield to Moss. Trey Sermon was called up from the practice squad to replace Jackson and saw five carries in Week 3. Moss scored on a wheel route with a beautiful, over-the-shoulder grab inside the five that he walked in. It was the Colts’ only touchdown of the day. Trey Sermon may see more work as he gets familiar with Indy’s offense, but this is Moss’s backfield until Jonathan Taylor returns. Moss will rank a high-end RB2 for his Week 4 game against the Rams.

- Rotoworld
If Johnathan Taylor is traded... good lord at his possible usage.

Zack Moss rushed 30 times :eek: for 122 yards in the Colts’ Week 3 win over the Ravens, adding two catches for 23 yards and a touchdown.

The Colts made the surprising move to cut Deon Jackson in the middle of the week, gifting the entirety of their backfield to Moss. Trey Sermon was called up from the practice squad to replace Jackson and saw five carries in Week 3. Moss scored on a wheel route with a beautiful, over-the-shoulder grab inside the five that he walked in. It was the Colts’ only touchdown of the day. Trey Sermon may see more work as he gets familiar with Indy’s offense, but this is Moss’s backfield until Jonathan Taylor returns. Moss will rank a high-end RB2 for his Week 4 game against the Rams.

- Rotoworld
If Johnathan Taylor is traded... good lord at his possible usage.
I have heard zero rumblings on JT.

It doesn't sound like the Colts/JT marriage is going to work. Why not get something for him?

I'm either playing Moss as a flex, in hopes he has a role still and that JT is rusty or trade him to the JT owner. He did me a great favor this season. Thanks Moss!

I'm either playing Moss as a flex, in hopes he has a role still and that JT is rusty or trade him to the JT owner. He did me a great favor this season. Thanks Moss!
I've thought of trading Moss to the JT owner too, but then I can foresee Indy trading JT, and the JT owner now having 2 starting Rb's

I'll hold for a couple weeks.

I've thought of trading Moss to the JT owner too, but then I can foresee Indy trading JT, and the JT owner now having 2 starting Rb's

I'll hold for a couple weeks.

I would not be playing Moss this week if Taylor is active. That's just to brutal of a matchup to have the workload split. That goes for both of them, Titans have held Taylor in check as a runner and he's relied mainly on getting in the end zone or what he does in the passing game to score what he has on them and I don't want to rely on Moss for those things.

But I'd be holding Moss for sure as an injury or trade handcuff. I have zero doubt that Taylor would still welcome a trade but basically ran out of options to delay this any longer. And as that relates to the injury front should Taylor have an actual legit injury later this year I would not expect him to push through it without an extension already signed. Like what we saw with Lamar last year. So IMO the odds of Moss getting back the top RB spot at some point this year is not low to me.

I'm holding Moss for sure. He has proven he can carry the load, the team trusts him, and he has passed the eye test. If JT really is back, Moss is one of the better handcuffs to own, IMO.

Only way I drop moss this year is if he gets hurt, and I have Taylor as well. Relationships like this can change for a bunch of reasons and after the trade deadline all we need is Taylor to step one foot out of line and the team can move him to the suspended list.

I traded Moss to the JT owner for Jacobi Meyers (lost Mike Williams and already thin at WR) and I'm pretty good at RB (CMC/KyWill/Most). I would have liked to get more or hold onto lotto ticket but I like the narrow target tree in LV as long as Jimmy G is playing.

With the Taylor deal, is Moss dropable?

Even though it sounds like Taylor is on a snap count, the TN matchup is poor. Next few weeks look iffy too: @Jax, CLE, NO.

Picked him up in waivers. He's served me well in a couple games. May cut bait or look for a quick trade to the Taylor owner.

With the Taylor deal, is Moss dropable?

Even though it sounds like Taylor is on a snap count, the TN matchup is poor. Next few weeks look iffy too: @Jax, CLE, NO.

Picked him up in waivers. He's served me well in a couple games. May cut bait or look for a quick trade to the Taylor owner.
depends on how deep your league is. I'm dropping him in my 15 roster spot league and keeping him in my 20 roster spot league.

Yup...trade to Taylor owner or keep as a pretty good handcuff, if handcuffing is your thang.
I'd trade to Taylor owner, but I'm facing him this week lol. Although maybe that's a good idea...tempt him to play Moss over Taylor in a bad matchup.

When was the last time somebody did this to the TItans? I lost count.

Also, do NFL contracts come with a 3-day cancellation policy like you get from a door-to-door salesman?

Another quick and tough lesson that you don't have to pay to have rb production

Pretty dead thread, looks like all have seen the JT split grow and I hear FF community thinks it could be 70-30 80-20 in favor of JT, but I noticed Moss still had relevance last week with 7 targets and 6 receptions.

Turns out Gardner Minshew was called Captain Checkdown in 2019. I like that Moss is trending towards getting the looks there so far. I looked it up and Minshew has avg a 8% checkdown rate and Im sure that increases in games when they are down. If they lead maybe the feature a heavy run and have to work in Moss. I think Moss maintains lowend RB2 ROS? Is that optimistic or is everyone saying this?

Receptions in ppr(default scoring?) really help Moss’s floor.

It's weird how he made me feel like he deserves to be traded to a team where he can continue to start. Guy has had plenty of opportunities his whole career and yet I feel that way.

League winner, Kingmaker until further notice. JT news is "HOPE that he can return in 2-3 weeks". I don't see why they would risk him that early. Moss is a top 5 back ROS at least a RB1.

Week 13 is Tenn on the slate and earlier this year Tenn was his best game... ever. 23carries/165Yds/2TD and 2 catches for 30 yards!

Last edited:
I tried to trade him to the JT owner earlier in the year and he declined. I held. You have to hold someone who did what he did with the opportunity.

Between me and the Playoffs is a team with Taylor and Moss. I was worried about Taylor, but I'm even more worried about Moss. Taylor has been great, but Moss with nobody else has been absolutely dominant. Haven't looked, but I'd guess Moss is probably still a top 15 RB on the season based solely on what he did in the first 5 weeks.

TEN this week and I believe it was Week 5 when Moss became the 1st RB to completely torch TEN in about 3 years, or whatever it was.

Between me and the Playoffs is a team with Taylor and Moss. I was worried about Taylor, but I'm even more worried about Moss. Taylor has been great, but Moss with nobody else has been absolutely dominant. Haven't looked, but I'd guess Moss is probably still a top 15 RB on the season based solely on what he did in the first 5 weeks.

TEN this week and I believe it was Week 5 when Moss became the 1st RB to completely torch TEN in about 3 years, or whatever it was.
Optimistically interesting. Hadn't thought of that. I just felt sadness.

Dropped Singletary for Moss. He’s just going to sit on my bench but I didn’t want anyone else to have him. I’m in 2nd place so can’t believe I got him but everyone was jumping all over Friermuth this week. I think they all must have missed the news about J Taylor

Users who are viewing this thread