What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Spreading Lies and Trolling - Please Be Considerate Of Moderators (1 Viewer)

The occasional tweet or posted article seems fine - I myself post the occasional tweet - but if one is doing either on a regular basis, at some point you have to wonder if they have their own thoughts or if they are only capable of posting those of others. 
I sort of hear you on this. I share a lot of stuff too on social media. And there's value in that. But for the most part, people want to hear your opinion too. 

I've noticed that in the past few months, Squistion has cut back significantly on the number of tweets that he posts. Not only does he post fewer tweets, but they're now mostly links to valid news stories (as opposed to his previous pattern of posting random opinions from people).
Agreed. I actually was happy for a couple he posted earlier ( he may have posted them previously but i read them today). 

I sort of hear you on this. I share a lot of stuff too on social media. And there's value in that. But for the most part, people want to hear your opinion too. 
Agreed. 

And I think the issue some have is expecting everyone to write a novel explaining every thought or opinion.  Some want to just read the forum and chime in with the occasional opinion without feeling like we have to search the 'net for 13 sources just because one person demands it.  Now, there is something to be said for some who want to drop untrue statements with no proof and refuse to back it up, but the "show your work" police mentality is pretty out of control. 

Its so sad that this thread ever had to be created, this place has become so toxic.
Megla has nailed it. Just a group of people hitting the report button on every post that they don't agree with.

Want to fix this place, joe? Get rid of the report button for starters.

This place now struggles to get 200 members on at once. You realize that it's gone downhill since 2007? 15000 on at one time back then. You could make a whole chapter in a book called 'How to ruin your own company". I figure this place only has a handful of years left at the current pace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frankly, I don’t believe there is a single poster reporting even a slight majority of posts they don’t agree with.

One of the bigger problems, in my opinion, is hyperbole.
One has to walk on eggshells in how they state the obvious or one gets a timeout because a moderator doesn't like it.  It's what has become of this place.

Frankly, I don’t believe there is a single poster reporting even a slight majority of posts they don’t agree with.

One of the bigger problems, in my opinion, is hyperbole.
hyperboly is the single biggest problem to ever face the galaxy in the history of the entire world and bigger than anything anyone could ever imagine take that to the bank bromigo

I was mocked and insulted in the impeachment thread by forum regulars yet I was previously banned for several weeks for mocking politicians and parties, not forum posters.

Very off putting, not sure why I come back.

Interesting moderation takes going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was mocked and insulted in the impeachment thread yet I was previously banned for several weeks for mocking politicians and parties, not forum posters. Very off putting, not sure why  come back.

interesting moderation takes going on.
If you get on the wrong side of Aaron or Clayton look out.

Users who are viewing this thread