What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Star Wars III SPOILERS discussion thread (1 Viewer)

just got through watching 2-6 and i have a question. How does Luke become such a badass between ESB and ROTJ? How much time is between the two. Because essentially he has the same training because he goes back and Yoda tells him he is done training after he meets Vader. Where didhe learn the mind trick at Jabbas palace?

Thanks
There is a novel I have just started reading, "Shadows of the Empire" that covers this time period. I'm hoping it explains in depth Luke's training.

Actually, Anakin's turn reminds me a lot of many situations in the werewolf games in the FFA. Anakin had been confused for a very, very long time. I've seen innocent villages get confused and you would be surprised how quickly the wolves can sink their teeth into a village once it happens. Same exact deal with Anakin. I've seen it enough times in those games to know.

To me, his turn was completely believable.
Oh my God. :lmao: :lmao:
Bump. :lmao:

I saw the movie yesterday, and thought it was ok.A couple questions:What happened to Darth Maul? Did he get killed in ep 1 or 2?Did any of you guys go in costume?

I saw the movie yesterday, and thought it was ok.

A couple questions:

What happened to Darth Maul? Did he get killed in ep 1 or 2?

Did any of you guys go in costume?
Darth Maul was killed in episode 1 by Obi.

Actually, Anakin's turn reminds me a lot of many situations in the werewolf games in the FFA.  Anakin had been confused for a very, very long time.  I've seen innocent villages get confused and you would be surprised how quickly the wolves can sink their teeth into a village once it happens.  Same exact deal with Anakin.  I've seen it enough times in those games to know. 

To me, his turn was completely believable.
Oh my God. :lmao: :lmao:
Bump. :lmao:
LOFL :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Is this question just for episode III?Count Dooku handCount Dooku other handMace Windu handAnakin's hand (other)Anakin's legAnakin's other legCan we count the Jedi's head by the Emporer?Do battle droid limps count?What about Griveous' two hands Obi-wan cut off?

Is this question just for episode III?

Count Dooku hand

Count Dooku other hand

Mace Windu hand

Anakin's hand (other)

Anakin's leg

Anakin's other leg

Can we count the Jedi's head by the Emporer?

Do battle droid limps count?

What about Griveous' two hands Obi-wan cut off?
If you're counting the jedi's head, you have to also count dooku's head...haha, count dooku...

If you're counting the jedi's head, you have to also count dooku's head...

haha, count dooku...
Good point, missed that one. Should we also include Luke and Leia's umbilical cord?

what is the significance of hands being cut off in the Star Wars movies?Is there any symbolism here I'm missing?Happens throuhgout the 6 films...

I just saw this yesterday. I think Hayden Christensen was terrible. My experience can best be described thusly: "It was like seeing a movie you liked for a 2nd time and realizing that it wasn't that good". I :roflmao: 'd when Vader did the Frankenstein walk off of that operating table. I also thought it was incredibly stupid to CGI the babies during the birth. If their going to CGI fight scenes, at least get the human movement right. Some of it looked like the final fight scene in Daredevil, which I think was done by some 11 yr olds on an old Mac. Old stunt double Star Trek fights don't look that ridiculous.What good are all the lightsaber battles when you already know the ending?

My experience can best be described thusly: "It was like seeing a movie you liked for a 2nd time and realizing that it wasn't that good". ?
This coming from someone with a Booba Fett avatar makes me :lmao:

What good are all the lightsaber battles when you already know the ending?
This would have been a better question for you to ask prior to seeing the movie, don't you think?
My kids took me for Father's Day.I didn't see the narrative point to all the lightsaber fights when you know who's going to win.

This would have been a better question for you to ask prior to seeing the movie, don't you think?
My kids took me for Father's Day.I didn't see the narrative point to all the lightsaber fights when you know who's going to win.
Should they have just stood around till the eventual winner declares himself? I don't understand the problem.

The only other Star Wars movie that comes close to ROTS is ESB. ROTSESB...gap...Attack of the ClonesReturn of the Jedi...gap...Star Wars...BIG GAP...Phantom Menace

Maybe I need to see it again. But, I'm certainly never going to say it was better than Empire or Star Wars.
Good lord, Star Wars just blows compared to ESB and ROTS. Have you watched it recently? I can sit down and watch ESB today and after watching it say, "wow, that is a great movie." Star Wars, between all the yawning I do during the extremely slow script, lack of action and poor acting...Star Wars is not very good, as a movie.

Maybe I need to see it again.  But, I'm certainly never going to say it was better than Empire or Star Wars.
Star Wars has the virtue of being first. But other than creating the universe the only thing it has going for it is the Death Star battle.Empire has the Battle on Hoth and the Luke/Vader duel. Other than that, Luke jumps around in a bog and Han & Leia make out parked in a rock. :yawn:

ROTS is wall to wall excitement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should they have just stood around till the eventual winner declares himself? I don't understand the problem.
Why bother having a lightsaber fight between Yoda and Siddious? Just skip it.Repeat the above inserting X vs Y.

Find a way to get to resolution besides lightsaber duels that were decided 25-30 years ago.

Why bother having a lightsaber fight between Yoda and Siddious? Just skip it.
Are you freaking kidding me?When the chancellors platform ascends into the Senate chamber with the embodiment of the Dark Side fighting the embodiment of the Light, THAT is a magnificent sight. Good versus evil at the epicenter of the galaxy. I find it breathtaking.

The Anakin/Kenobi duel is one of a more personal nature.

Why bother having a lightsaber fight between Yoda and Siddious? Just skip it.
Are you freaking kidding me?When the chancellors platform ascends into the Senate chamber with the embodiment of the Dark Side fighting the embodiment of the Light, THAT is a magnificent sight. Good versus evil at the epicenter of the galaxy. I find it breathtaking.

The Anakin/Kenobi duel is one of a more personal nature.
How much Star Wars lore have you consumed beyond the 6 movies? I never really bought Siddious as the villain. We're told he's the villain, he acts manipulative and megalomaniacal but he never struck me as evil. If they'd thrown in some childhood puppy vivisection stories or something I may have bought it.

When they mention the the Sith I get the impression of some sort of organization but Siddious was out for Siddious and not out to spread the Sith message (whatever that is).

I can't take Yoda seriously.

How much Star Wars lore have you consumed beyond the 6 movies?
Very little. Why do you ask?
I never really bought Siddious as the villain. We're told he's the villain, he acts manipulative and megalomaniacal but he never struck me as evil. If they'd thrown in some childhood puppy vivisection stories or something I may have bought it.

When they mention the the Sith I get the impression of some sort of organization but Siddious was out for Siddious and not out to spread the Sith message (whatever that is).
It's just assumed that the Sith are evil and oppressive. I don't think the audience really needs that backstory to buy into what they're supposed to be.
How he looks visually or what he does as a character?

How much Star Wars lore have you consumed beyond the 6 movies?
Very little. Why do you ask?
Just wondering how much you were into it and if that gave you more insight into characters. There's quite a few guys in this thread discussing things that went on in the novelizations and other non-movie books.

I never really bought Siddious as the villain. We're told he's the villain, he acts manipulative and megalomaniacal but he never struck me as evil. If they'd thrown in some childhood puppy vivisection stories or something I may have bought it.

It's just assumed that the Sith are evil and oppressive. I don't think the audience really needs that backstory to buy into what they're supposed to be.

Hmmm... I guess I needed it. I might have to watch the other 2 to get a better impression of it.

How he looks visually or what he does as a character?

Visually and as a character.

I'll check it out again on DVD and see if it gets any better. It should be out by Christmas.

I'm not sure I can endure a world where there's no more Star Wars to look forward to.No more movies to anticipate.No more searching through the pegs looking for the new action figure (even though I never really bought any of the new ones) you're interested in.No more endless :nerd: speculation and interpretation.No more possibilities of lining up early.No more.Sigh. End of an era indeed.I'm genuinely sad. :cry:

This may have already been covered...but I really don't have time to go through the 15 pages to find it. My friend and I had a discussion about the Mace Windu v. Emperor scene. He thinks Mace is a bad ### and legitimately had the Emperor defeated. I think the Emperor intentionally took a dive to make himself look vunerable because he knew that Annakin would take the final steps toward the darkside if he manipulated him from that weakened state. The 'unlimited power' comment when putting Windu away sealed that thought for me. So did Windu win or did the Emperor take a dive?

This may have already been covered...but I really don't have time to go through the 15 pages to find it.

My friend and I had a discussion about the Mace Windu v. Emperor scene. He thinks Mace is a bad ### and legitimately had the Emperor defeated. I think the Emperor intentionally took a dive to make himself look vunerable because he knew that Annakin would take the final steps toward the darkside if he manipulated him from that weakened state. The 'unlimited power' comment when putting Windu away sealed that thought for me.

So did Windu win or did the Emperor take a dive?
I also thought the Emperor took a dive, but after reading the book, I must say that Mace was beating him legit - although it still was all a setup for anakin to make a decision.

This may have already been covered...but I really don't have time to go through the 15 pages to find it.

My friend and I had a discussion about the Mace Windu v. Emperor scene. He thinks Mace is a bad ### and legitimately had the Emperor defeated. I think the Emperor intentionally took a dive to make himself look vunerable because he knew that Annakin would take the final steps toward the darkside if he manipulated him from that weakened state. The 'unlimited power' comment when putting Windu away sealed that thought for me.

IMO - The Emperor took a dive. He was just baiting Anakin into believing that Windu was there to assasinate him.I too read the book, and while Mace did well for a while, I think it was because Sidious allowed him to. The book describes how Yoda didn't have what it took. If Yoda couldn't win, no way could Windu.

The general opinion of the :nerd: crowd over at theforce.net is that the Emperor wasn't disfigured by the lightning either. He simply reverted to the form that he REALLY is. That the Palpatine face was a ruse, possibly a trick of the Dark Side or some such thing.

I'm not sure I can endure a world where there's no more Star Wars to look forward to.

No more movies to anticipate.

No more searching through the pegs looking for the new action figure (even though I never really bought any of the new ones) you're interested in.

No more endless :nerd: speculation and interpretation.

No more possibilities of lining up early.

No more.

Sigh. End of an era indeed.

I'm genuinely sad. :cry:
There is still the TV series, although I am disappointed that the TV series will focus on secondary characters not highlighted in the movies.

I'm not sure I can endure a world where there's no more Star Wars to look forward to.

No more movies to anticipate.

No more searching through the pegs looking for the new action figure (even though I never really bought any of the new ones) you're interested in.

No more endless :nerd: speculation and interpretation.

No more possibilities of lining up early.

No more.

Sigh.  End of an era indeed.

I'm genuinely sad.  :cry:
There is still the TV series, although I am disappointed that the TV series will focus on secondary characters not highlighted in the movies.
It won't be the same. A theatrical release of a Star Wars movie was a cultural event, shared across large sections of society.

IMO - The Emperor took a dive. He was just baiting Anakin into believing that Windu was there to assasinate him.The general opinion of the :nerd: crowd over at theforce.net is that the Emperor wasn't disfigured by the lightning either. He simply reverted to the form that he REALLY is. That the Palpatine face was a ruse, possibly a trick of the Dark Side or some such thing.
I agree with the face distortion too. It seemed like part of the 'trick' he pulled to get Annakin to the Dark Side. As soon as Annakin turned, the Emperor stood up and was at full strength again. Clearly he didn't put everything he had into his fight with Windu.

IMO - The Emperor took a dive. He was just baiting Anakin into believing that Windu was there to assasinate him.I too read the book, and while Mace did well for a while, I think it was because Sidious allowed him to. The book describes how Yoda didn't have what it took. If Yoda couldn't win, no way could Windu.

The general opinion of the :nerd: crowd over at theforce.net is that the Emperor wasn't disfigured by the lightning either. He simply reverted to the form that he REALLY is. That the Palpatine face was a ruse, possibly a trick of the Dark Side or some such thing.
I think Windu legitimately out dueled Palpatine. Unfortunately for Windu, Palpatine can do a lot even after he's been disarmed...The struggle with the lightning was set up for Anakin's benefit, as palaptine could have blasted mace off the ledge sooner than he actually did.

I think Windu legitimately out dueled Palpatine. Unfortunately for Windu, Palpatine can do a lot even after he's been disarmed...

The struggle with the lightning was set up for Anakin's benefit, as palaptine could have blasted mace off the ledge sooner than he actually did.
I can buy Windu being better with the lightsaber. That makes sense. I think the point is, that the duel proved Sidious was stronger with the Force, however.

I hope that some of the delete scenes that could be added to and included in the movie include:1) Why Anakin is so upset at not being granted the rank of Master e.g. his not being able to access the archives (where he believes is knowledge to save Padme)2) Revealing that the Senate has placed the Jedi under the authority of the Chancellor.3) Yoda conversing with Qui-Gon about immortaility.There's others, but I can't remember them offhand.More on the Duel topic: Anakin's "What have I done?" line is misunderstood, I think. I believe he's lamenting the fact that there's now only one way to save Padme - join the Dark Side. He's really not all that concerned about the order or Windu.

1) Why Anakin is so upset at not being granted the rank of Master e.g. his not being able to access the archives

2) Revealing that the Senate has placed the Jedi under the authority of the Chancellor.

There's others, but I can't remember them offhand.
I believe these answers are in the book, would you want them?

1) Why Anakin is so upset at not being granted the rank of Master e.g. his not being able to access the archives

2) Revealing that the Senate has placed the Jedi under the authority of the Chancellor.

There's others, but I can't remember them offhand.
I believe these answers are in the book, would you want them?
Thanks, but I read the book so I know them already. I just think they'd flesh out the movie a lot more.Here's another - the subplot involving Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, Padme, and the other Senators who try to resist Palpatine. It's just another angle that Sidious uses against Anakin.

Here's another - the subplot involving Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, Padme, and the other Senators who try to resist Palpatine. It's just another angle that Sidious uses against Anakin.
This is an interesting sub-plot that was not touched on.

Here's a list of deleted scenes.

6, 7, 8-14, 25, 30, 32, 37-41: FedCruiser scenes cut (Grievous killing Shaak Ti, the Jedi using their lightsabers to escape GG, underwater swim, climb through shaft, many of R2's hangar gags, many Palpatine cliffhangers)

48: Mace greets Palpatine and the Jedi right after the crash-landing

56: Yoda, Obi-Wan and Mace discuss the Dark Side in Yoda's quarters

60: Bail and fellow Senators speak about the Senate

68-69: Obi-Wan tells Padme of his worries about Anakin and that he nows they're in love

71: Meeting with Organa, Mon Mothma and Padme

73: Anakin informs Palpatine that Obi-Wan soon will have Grievous' head

74: Jar Jar greets Anakin at Senate

75: Anakin confronts Padme

76-77: Republic cruiser arrives at Utapau

83: Obi-Wan chooses his lizard, Boga

86: Mace talks to Yoda on Kashyyyk, telling him of his plans to arrest Palpatine

88-89: Padme presents to Palpatine the Senators' petition

93: Utapau windmill

121: "crazy" Yoda and Chewbacca ambush an AT-ST

176: Yoda lands on Dagobah

Users who are viewing this thread