What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Star Wars Universe (2 Viewers)

I dunno, she always seemed to me like she knew him.  I always thought it was a little weird how the hologram made it seem like she didn't.

https://youtu.be/_aJJuNB58eA?t=133

Maybe they learned their lesson about giving too much info via hologram when Reva shot up the farm on Tatooine.

I thought it was pretty decent overall, and entertaining.  I guess my only complaint is that given the source material it probably should have been better.  Like I was happy watching it, and happy we got it, but 5 years ago when there were rumors that we were going to get an Obi-Wan series where prime Vader fights semi-prime Obi-Wan I was expecting I'd like it a lot more than this.

The last Vader/Obi duel was MUCH better than the one earlier in the series.  They finally put some heft and passion into the saber strikes.  I do still think that the YT fan remake of the ANH Vader/Obi was better.  They definitely seemed like they were trying to copy that style of "heft" and "weight" and "hate" in the saber swings.  Honestly they should have just hired those guys to do it here as they did it better, but I still liked it.  I've always liked the saber battles where the sabers are heavier like the original trilogy and sequels compared to the fencing toothpicks in the prequels.  The first Vader/Obi duel in this series felt like the prequels.  This last one felt a lot more like the sequels (the only thing the sequels did right) and originals.

I had that thought too, but if Obi-wan kills Vader, no one is around to save Luke from the Emperor and the Rebellion fails in ROTJ. His mercy saves the galaxy. 

Possibly.  Also possible that the rebellion would have fared a bit better with an extra 3 dozen jedi that Vader wasn't alive to hunt down if Obi-Wan had finished off Vader on Mustafar.

Possibly.  Also possible that the rebellion would have fared a bit better with an extra 3 dozen jedi that Vader wasn't alive to hunt down if Obi-Wan had finished off Vader on Mustafar.
Maybe, but I’d argue Star Wars history suggests a few dozen random Jedi wouldn’t have been able to get close enough to the emperor to do the job. 

That's a terrific trailer. Was beginning to feel burnt out on SW after Boba/Obi which were fine but not great IMO. This looks like it could be on another level. 

Agreed - from the Rogue One folks so maybe this will be more satisfying than Boba/Obi.

Andor is set post Rogue One?
Pre-Rogue One. A post-Rogue One series starring Cassian Andor would be tough to pull off.
That’s an excellent point and you were only mildly snarky about how dumb my question was! :lmao:
:lmao: I was going to put in the ;) emoticon but forgot.
Rogue One is the best Star Wars Disney has given us. I watched the first two episodes of Andor and I immediately knew this is going to be in that vein. It's definitely the most 'mature' Star Wars...the first scene of the series takes place in a bordello after all. That's about as edgy as you're going to get from Disney/Star Wars. I'm very hopeful for this entire series.

Definitely aimed at adults which is great. Well written and executed. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Andor has brought back hope that Disney is not in a total and absolute free fall in what it produces for SW and MCU. So much has been meh to absolute trash with the trash with the most recent offerings.

A good, well thought out story with solid writing. Acting, directing and production is all very good.

It has been a while since I looked forward to something Disney was doing in the SW or MCU, for movies or streaming with so much disappointment and have basically started to give up on both which is heartbreaking since both are basically my childhood loves growing up as a kid.

I am looking forward to the rest of this series and will be watching when each come out. Dang good.

I like Andor. You can feel the tension building towards something. And the attention to detail is amazing.

Except, the Imperial went to corporate security and back to Coruscant and the security guy packed his things and got to his home planet in the same amount of time that it took Andor to walk a few miles.

Really good show thus far. Amazingly lacking in cheese like most SW. The character development and acting are really good. So much more emotion and realness. Just watch the scene in Ep 4 where Andor comes into the group of rebels and how they look at him. There was nothing like that in much of the other series / movies. And the scene where Luthen puts on the wig and gear and is making sure he's got the fake persona down before going back to Coruscant? Excellent. Lots of Blade Runner type shots (but without all the darkness). They take their time with the small stuff. None of this, "bionic kids riding vespas" stuff.

Really good show thus far. Amazingly lacking in cheese like most SW. The character development and acting are really good. So much more emotion and realness. Just watch the scene in Ep 4 where Andor comes into the group of rebels and how they look at him. There was nothing like that in much of the other series / movies. And the scene where Luthen puts on the wig and gear and is making sure he's got the fake persona down before going back to Coruscant? Excellent. Lots of Blade Runner type shots (but without all the darkness). They take their time with the small stuff. None of this, "bionic kids riding vespas" stuff.
Agree. They are doing a good job of showing the fear, angst, and dangers inherent in the birth of a rebellion. Feels like there are real stakes for the characters. Loving it.

ETA: And I had almost wiped the bionic vespa gang from my mind. Thanks for reminding me. :kicksrock:

Wow, great episode. "The Eye" was spectacular. Loved the effects, the writing, and the acting. This show is hitting all the marks. Just wish they would use some John Williams Star Wars music.

Is it correct to assume there will be no Jedi in Andor? Maybe a cameo from Obiwan? At this time there are only two Jedi and they’re both in hiding, correct?

Is it correct to assume there will be no Jedi in Andor? Maybe a cameo from Obiwan? At this time there are only two Jedi and they’re both in hiding, correct?
With that many episodes, who knows. Ahsoka is pretty instrumental in the formation of the rebellion, isn't she? So she could show up and maybe even play a prominent role? Not a jedi of course...

Eff the jedi and the sith. They make the Star Wars Universe lame as they suck up all the attention.
Dude. LIght sabers, floating rocks, jedi mind tricks. C'mon man. If you want the A-Team you're watching the wrong streaming platform ;)

Users who are viewing this thread