What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stuff happening lately that reminds you you're getting older (4 Viewers)

43 - Recently, during a MFMFF I went to pick one of the chicks up to tag her spread eagle while I stood up and realized I couldn't hold her in the air.  I instead just acted like I was moving her to another spot and set her down quickly.

Getting old sucks.
Please tell me the other "M" was Michael.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ned
55 and besides many of the other things mentioned like ear hair, I now notice all of the people who were born after I graduated from college in 1986.

43 - Recently, during a MFMFF I went to pick one of the chicks up to tag her spread eagle while I stood up and realized I couldn't hold her in the air.  I instead just acted like I was moving her to another spot and set her down quickly.

Getting old sucks.
Yeah man. I HATE when that happens.

I have noticed that I don`t speed as much anymore and seem to obey more traffic laws now. Probably have seen too many crash vids on YouTube.

tinnitus
eyes are getting worse - especially at night/raining
thinning hair (i have the inverse paul ryan - my hair is receding straight up the middle)
tight hips
I had "frozen shoulder" in both shoulders over the last year - @Otis> hey
can't hold my poops and pees as long as I used to
more to follow...
This is probably less about age and more about your sexual perversions.  

Thankfully, even at 54, I rarely have to get up at night to pee. Sleep like a log. Although I've been trying to drink more water (got a Zerowater...love it) and I've noticed it happening more often now.

42, and constantly injuring myself and pulling things doing basic tasks around the house. 

Much easier to be fat than not fat

I get ornery with people around me.  Bad drivers, people who don’t know how to walk properly.  Just losing my patience for pretty much everything ...
48 - and I use the word ornery.

I've learned that a song I made up for the kids 12 years ago applies to me now:

"Don't push too hard on a fart, it might turn into a turd."

My 15 year old daughter refers to Snoop, P Diddy and Nelly as "Old Man Music."  
45 - Probably about 5-10 years ago I was playing video games and talking to a young gamer friend.  He started talking about old-school rap like DMX and Tupac.  What am I supposed to call Run DMC, Newcleus and Grandmaster Flash now?

48 - currently have a thumb strain going on its 5th week of pain. What caused this strain? I'm really not sure. 
This! Exactly this! Every part of this - me!

Also, my memory of names, places, etc has gotten bad. It scares me sometimes, like it’s early Alzheimer’s. 

Heart burn for anything. I used to eat pizzas at midnight and not gain a pound and sleep like a baby.

Got bifocals, so I quit wearing my contacts because I had to wear readers most of the day. Had about 10 pairs scattered in the house, cars and office.

In bed by 9 evey night, usually asleep by 10. Awake at 2 to pee. Back to sleep and awake at 4 and can’t go back to sleep until a half hour before I have to wake up.

Last edited by a moderator:
53-i’m a wreck because of my spinal injury, but the meds i take daily are almost comical.  i mean, i don’t feel that bad, but you’d never know it from this list;

baby aspirin, hyzaar, norvasc, lyrica 3x,, lamisil, lipitor, singulair, flonase.  if i can beat my current case of non athletes foot i can dump the lamisil.  

55 in a week
*I've worn glasses since my early 20s.  Been wearing tri-focal progressives for about 10 years .... this past year I had to get a second pair of glasses specific for reading my work monitors. Had to measure the distance to them and take that to the doc.  Can't read what is in my hand with them on, have to swap glasses for that.
*My kids turn 31 and 27 this year.
*Expecting my first grandchild in June.
*Carrying a piece of paper in your wallet that lists your current medications and previous surgical procedures.
*Realizing the year 2100 is only 81 years away AND there are people (kids) alive today that will live to see it.

The list is long

kinda similar- as I grew up, it was strange to be the same age as professional athletes. then it was strange to be older than them. now it's strange to be as old as their parents... or even grandparents in some cases. 
I feel ya. My sophomore year in college, an FSU freshman kicker hit a FG  to win the national championship. I knew I had missed my window then

I need readers. That came on suddenly about 7-8 months ago. I've yet to get any - fighting that every step of the way.

I get colds more often and it takes me longer to fight them off.

My movie quotes/references just get crickets now. They used to kill.

And I'm just so tired now - although I chalk that up to having a four year old and 18 month old. Not that I'm old or anything.

One of my biggest tells - the milfs have just gotten hotter and hotter. Sometimes moreso than the tight-bodied twenty-somethings.

Thankfully, even at 54, I rarely have to get up at night to pee. Sleep like a log. Although I've been trying to drink more water (got a Zerowater...love it) and I've noticed it happening more often now.
I had 4 beers at dinner last night - got up 3 times to pee and slept horribly.  Sucks.

42 - I am able to pull/injure something with such arduous tasks like starting a lawn mower or or pulling liquor from the top shelf.  

@the moops - exactly.  I can still run, jump, move and play well...... until it happens.  Usually right when I start feeling pretty good about myself again.  :lmao:  

I go to bed before my 12 year old.

Crows feet.

On the plus side - I do count myself lucky, many of my friends are going down with serious injuries, I am just perpetually dinged up in some way.  I feel very comfortable about who I am, my family is turning out better than I ever hoped, my circle of friends is smaller but more solid than ever, fewer worries/fears/insecurities, full head of hair and my gray hairs are more like sexy silver highlights.

36, I used to roll/sprain my ankles all the time as a teenager and would be playing basketball the next day.  Now I sprained my ankle a YEAR ago and it still hurts.

Jammed my thumb playing basketball.  Used to be a forgettable injury.  Now it's been 6 weeks and I still can't pull open a bag of potato chips.

There are surgeries I need that I'm just putting off.

There will times that I feel like I need to wipe my ###, even hours after I've pooped.  Especially if I'm doing a lot of walking.  :bag:  Someone please tell me I'm not alone here.
Not after I started using wipes 

I really wish my 16-25 year old self could see me now. I would be taking PT seriously and not trying to be a hero and come back from injuries too quickly. Oh how I wish my thumb/shoulder/elbow/ankle/back/toe/heel/finger/etc didn't all decide in the middle of the night which one(s) would be my ##### for the day

49. Eyes. Only the eyes.  I have however gone the other way 3 months ago. Started lifting 3 months ago. Go 4x a week. Feels great. Don’t lift anything close to what I use to but otherwise feels great!

oh losing weight is MUCH more difficult now. Quit drinking completely 15 months ago and figured I’d drop 20 easy. Didn’t happen. I need to really watch what I eat if I want to lose weight now. 

I’m 56 and kind of lucky in some senses, BP/cholesterol is great, not taking any medications, generally good health.

Lack of sleep is main complaint, like others have to use bathroom during night every single night. Also have restless leg syndrome which is freaking maddening, though only periodic. When it hits though...a whole nights sleep lost, often consecutive nights.

Vision sucks. Was legally blind (supposedly) in left eye, always wore contacts. Then had lasik, was fantastic for about a year, now left eye is as bad as it originally was. I have recently had to wear glasses when watching TV, have to take them off to read or use IPad. And night vision is terrible. When it’s night time and raining I’m actually kind of afraid to drive if it’s unfamiliar driving.

Probably worst for me is just the general degradation in strength/stamina. Had to have double hernia surgery like 5 years ago from just trying to flip over a concrete slab. I still seem to judge my abilities based on 28 year old me rather than 56 year old me.

Still have most my hair, a little temple recession. Just starting to gray a little. Guess it could be worse.

I just walked on my own for the first time in 65 days.   49 of those days were spent not putting any weight on it.  No one knows what caused the issue with my left knee.  

I've hurt my back a couple times, but it was always lifting something. Yesterday I got up off the couch and strained something. I'm 33. FML.

shadyridr said:
Not after I started using wipes 
I'm talking about leaving residue behind.  I mean, even if I'm totally clean, I may not be 3 hours later.

Both parents passed away as of this year :(  

Eldest graduated college this year

Youngest started college this year

Eyebrow, ear, nose hairs

Had first colonoscopy this year

Rarely can sleep past 7:30 a.m. no matter how late I stay up

As a pediatrician I'm now treating infants born to previous infants I cared for.....holy ####.  

Users who are viewing this thread