What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summer Grooves - Collaborative Playlists - Playlists completed (1 Viewer)

Vacation/road trip - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Runnin’ Down a Dream

Indie rock - Weezer - Island in the Sun

I wasn't going to pick in indie rock summer because most of my picks will be indie rock anyway but this one is just such a banger. Saw them recently for the 15th time and their back drop was a water tower with "We Can All be Something Bigger" scribbled across it

Me and my friends are like "Double-whiskey-coke-no-ice."
We drink along in double time, might drink too much, but we feel fine
We're gonna build something, this summer.
Gonna build something, this summer.

This summer, grant us all the power to drink on top of water towers,
With love, and trust, and shows, all summer (get hammered!)
Let this be my annual reminder that we can all be something bigger

The Hold Steady - Constrictive Summer

Hoping my research for a Spotify icon for the indie rock playlist does not result in my getting targeted ads for the next month saying “That short-sleeved flannel shirt you were looking at is now 10% off!”

i typically still use pandora. one of my favorite lists is "cover songs."

which list i put on often depends on where i am:
if i am near the coast, i might throw on "laid back beach music" or "jimmy buffet"
if we are driving around wine country, i might throw on some classical or "rat pack"

I wasn't going to pick in indie rock summer because most of my picks will be indie rock anyway but this one is just such a banger. Saw them recently for the 15th time and their back drop was a water tower with "We Can All be Something Bigger" scribbled across it

Me and my friends are like "Double-whiskey-coke-no-ice."
We drink along in double time, might drink too much, but we feel fine
We're gonna build something, this summer.
Gonna build something, this summer.

This summer, grant us all the power to drink on top of water towers,
With love, and trust, and shows, all summer (get hammered!)
Let this be my annual reminder that we can all be something bigger

The Hold Steady - Constrictive Summer

The second I saw your name I knew what song was coming

if i am near the coast, i might throw on "laid back beach music" or "jimmy buffet"
if we are driving around wine country, i might throw on some classical or "rat pack"
Cover songs are generally one of the two areas my wife and I disagree vehemently. She hates 95% of them. I like the vast majority.
The other area is birds. I love birds, she hates them. 🤷‍♂️🦅 🦜🦆🦢🦉🦩🐦‍⬛

Cover songs are generally one of the two areas my wife and I disagree vehemently. She hates 95% of them. I like the vast majority.
The other area is birds. I love birds, she hates them. 🤷‍♂️🦅 🦜🦆🦢🦉🦩🐦‍⬛
yeah... we are fairly aligned, though i can get into metal, punk, celtic, faster ska (I like all).. so sometime if i am alone ill throw those on

Indie Rock x2

Today by Dr. Dog

Waves by Susto

Young Canadians - "Hawaii" (Vacation/Road Trip)

HAIM - "Summer Girl" (Indie)

Do these loop around? Like will we get another shot at Sun songs in a few days?
Yep, I’ll keep rolling the dice for the categories, so Sun will come back around. I’ll plan to give each category at least two goes at it. If something still feels short time-wise, I may give it a third try.

Last edited:
Young Canadians - "Hawaii" (Vacation/Road Trip)

HAIM - "Summer Girl" (Indie)

when there.... i am more in this mode:

I'm really sorry, because I know a lot of people hate this band (probably @Uruk-Hai does), and I personally don't like much of their stuff, but it's just a quintessential roadtrip-type song for me.

The Eagles - Take It Easy
For me this is a band where the hate is so overboard that it’s gone the other way and they are a bit underappreciated.
I unabashedly love the first two albums, and this was their debut single/lead track on debut album. So I'm totally cool with it. I'm not into their later stuff for the most part.

I'm really sorry, because I know a lot of people hate this band (probably @Uruk-Hai does), and I personally don't like much of their stuff, but it's just a quintessential roadtrip-type song for me.

For me this is a band where the hate is so overboard that it’s gone the other way and they are a bit underappreciated.
I generally really hate this band but I was at the local craft beer festival tonight and a cover of a song was played and I liked the song and recognized it was a cover but took me a while to place it.

It was Take it to the Limit.

Oh, no. I like a lot of Eagles songs. I got tired of the members whining about not being taken seriously enough, but they knew how to make enjoyable records (until The Long Run, when the wheels fell off).

4th of July

Acoustic / folk (a cover, done really well imo)

Folk/Acoustic x2

The Swimming Song by Vetiver

Constellations by Jack Johnson

I like the Eagles, and I even like their The Long Run album. Some of my favorites off of that album are King of Hollywood, The Sad Cafe, I Can't Tell You Why, Those Shoes, and In The City.

Users who are viewing this thread