What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The first annual ***WAGER OFF*** (presented by FBG, the FFAWT, the NBA) (2 Viewers)

1. Do I have to play 7 a week, or is that just the max?

2. Are people allowed to cancel/rescind future bets?  Or is it played once it's entered? 

You can actually edit the lines, so you could line shop and make your picks there, but would still have to post them here too to keep it honest.
Ah interesting.  I was going to try to document my plays with it, but I couldn't figure out that you could edit the line.  Might have to dig deeper.

You are beholden to those lines though correct?  Can't line shop?
Can completely customize. Good and bad and all, but if honors system and it does they heavy lifting for tracking, could work.

If you want a real book experience but with monopoly money where bets are tracked and lines are market, I'd look at wannamakeabet dot com. They'd charge a fee per player, but I do a league there and it rules. I'd be willing to pitch in for fun.

I have ghost-Em picks. He fired all 7 on tonights nba card.

No rule against copying picks, but i might start taking picks via pm and email if we get down to the last few weeks and there is a close race for first.
So the race is just for winning % on picks? Do units even matter? 

-7 is the max. You can play less.

-The issue with cancelling bets is that a bad actor could, hypothetically, see his team go down 15 in the first quarter, and sneakily delete his post before the game goes final. So I'm gonna say no, once it's posted here, it counts.

Can completely customize. Good and bad and all, but if honors system and it does they heavy lifting for tracking, could work.

If you want a real book experience but with monopoly money where bets are tracked and lines are market, I'd look at wannamakeabet dot com. They'd charge a fee per player, but I do a league there and it rules. I'd be willing to pitch in for fun.
No video-game or boxing odds over there. Real monkey-wrench for a couple of us.

Well, I've got 10/29 data entry done.

It would be nice if we had a website with all the games and these odds available in which players could enter their wagers. Better yet, we could take their money and pay them if they win but keep it if they lose to simulate this contest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we do horse racing win place or show?  

If so would we go by static odds at a specific book or closing odds at the track (which is how real horse racing works)

Well, I've got 10/29 data entry done.

It would be nice if we had a website with all the games and these odds available in which players could enter their wagers. Better yet, we could take their money and pay them if they win but keep it if they lose to simulate this contest.
You're nuts.

Tracking all this is like a part time job

First Three plays:

I was going to add something bizarre like German hockey and just take a big ML favorite, but do I want to waste a pick on that just for Shtick? 

Of course I do - Ausburger Panther - 175 Germany-Del Hockey 

Cleveland Cavs +4.5 -110

NY Islanders +175

First Three plays:

I was going to add something bizarre like German hockey and just take a big ML favorite, but do I want to waste a pick on that just for Shtick? 

Of course I do - Ausburger Panther - 175 Germany-Del Hockey 
STOP STEALING MY SHTICK!!!

Even better... a winner!!!
Nice hit. Unfortunately I didn’t have German hockey offered on my Mickey Mouse site. 

Anyway, question to the masses in here. I’m desperate to find a book to join with first NHL coach fired. Looking for Hakstol/Flyers and Stevens/Kings. Anyone’s book have that prop available? 

Users who are viewing this thread