What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The war in Syria (3 Viewers)

So, we're alienating out allies and causing the rest of the world to second guess taking up allegiance with us.  While at the same time snuggling up with Putin and Kim Jong Un.

Go****nit.  How the hell does anyone support this jerk?

So, we're alienating out allies and causing the rest of the world to second guess taking up allegiance with us.  While at the same time snuggling up with Putin and Kim Jong Un.

Go****nit.  How the hell does anyone support this jerk?
Don’t take this the wrong way, but I have heard many people, many fine people with amazing minds, say this presidency is just another example of clown caused chaos. 

Ao you came in here to complain about the thread title rather than to discuss what is happening?

Sorry...while my life  may be going well...I know several people who were Kurdish refugees...who still have family there.

Im able yo be upset about such things even around the world...things far bigger than a freakin thread title.
I never said or implied I don’t have empathy for the Kurds or even support this administrations recent action/ language.

Bizarre turn of events in here.

You guys are clearly jumping over yourselves to attack the first conservative in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never said or implied I don’t have empathy for the Kurds or even support this administrations recent action/ language.

You guys are clearly jumping over yourselves to attack the first conservative in this thread.
True, your main concern seems to be a thread title that troubles you in some way. I guess others are more interested in the outcomes of U.S. policy failures right now. Just a difference in priorities.

Man the group really smelt some blood in the water huh.  Seemed to me like a simple question that very quickly got taken of the rails.  

Man the group really smelt some blood in the water huh.  Seemed to me like a simple question that very quickly got taken of the rails.  

TripItUp said:
Can we update the thread title ?

TripItUp said:
This thread title is ridiculous. 

Oh how I missed the FBG libs

Not really upset, just pointing out the misleading language.

Im wealthy, live in San Diego, have a beautiful girlfriend and don’t have to work to hard.  It’s pretty tough for me to get upset these days.  

Yes, where did it all go so wrong?

At this moment, a pre-planned massacre is underway, a surprise attack betrayal against our Kurdish allies. 
The bombast, the lack of a vocabulary above fifth grade, the self-serving decisions, the obvious lies....all of it so outrageous and so transparent that there was an element of comedy to it.

Turning our back on allies who have given their lives to fight along side of us....that pisses me off and makes me sad.

The answer to your snarky question.  Once  he expressed his opinion that the title tread was ridiculous.  That for some reason had people jumping to the concussion he doesn’t care about the Kurds.  Seems like quite the stretch to me.  
I think it was more him posting multiple times in the thread today without discussing the Kurds. Particularly since the thread has been here since 2013, and today is the day this poster decides to make an issue of the thread title rather than engaging in a discussion of  the events of the past few days. Probably didn't help that  he took the lack of agreement on the title change as an opportunity to make vague condescending comments about "the libs" and offer up a declaration of what a great life he has to the extent that very little bothers him - except thread titles he finds inaccurate apparently. Just bad timing I guess.

Considering you came in complaining  about the thread title and said zero about the situation...any criticism towards your posts was warranted 

Not really upset, just pointing out the misleading language.

Im wealthy, live in San Diego, have a beautiful girlfriend and don’t have to work to hard.  It’s pretty tough for me to get upset these days.  

The answer to your snarky question.  Once  he expressed his opinion that the title tread was ridiculous.  That for some reason had people jumping to the concussion he doesn’t care about the Kurds.  Seems like quite the stretch to me.  
That is why people came to such a conclusion and not such of a stretch.

Considering you came in complaining  about the thread title and said zero about the situation...any criticism towards your posts was warranted 
I have to agree. It's a fairly common "tactic" I see. When Trump does something indefensible, his "non-supporters" will often talk about things that aren't related to the issue. This is a perfect example. Lots of posts about the title of this very old thread but crickets on the actual issue at hand. Why can't we just talk about the events happening now? The thread title talk is a distraction. 

I have to agree. It's a fairly common "tactic" I see. When Trump does something indefensible, his "non-supporters" will often talk about things that aren't related to the issue. This is a perfect example. Lots of posts about the title of this very old threat but crickets on the actual issue at hand. Why can't we just talk about the events happening now? The thread title talk is a distraction. 
Bingo.

I have to agree. It's a fairly common "tactic" I see. When Trump does something indefensible, his "non-supporters" will often talk about things that aren't related to the issue. This is a perfect example. Lots of posts about the title of this very old thread but crickets on the actual issue at hand. Why can't we just talk about the events happening now? The thread title talk is a distraction. 
Because that would force some to be critical of something other than just his tweets.

David Ignatius @IgnatiusPost

A bad situation in Northeast Syria is about to get much worse. Sources tell me that US officials have just informed the Syrian Kurds that Turkey is likely to attack on air and ground in next 24 hours. The US will do nothing. Targets are Tal Abyad and Ras al Ayn....

:scared:

David Ignatius @IgnatiusPost

A bad situation in Northeast Syria is about to get much worse. Sources tell me that US officials have just informed the Syrian Kurds that Turkey is likely to attack on air and ground in next 24 hours. The US will do nothing. Targets are Tal Abyad and Ras al Ayn....

:scared:
Their blood will be on Trump’s hands

When you lose any claim to morality it is hard to tell other countries like Iran that they shouldn't have a nuke.

I don't blame any country for trying to get a nuke now.  They would be dumb not to try.  We won't protect them.

No good answer here, long term we can't stay and essentially be an occupying force in Syria.  I'm not sure what the best result even is, maybe it's the Kurds aligning with Assad out of their own self interest.  Assad rules by coalition of some minorities as it stands.  

Or maybe you could share your thoughts on the situation with the Kurds.
Though I'm not very familiar with the history of the Kurds, I think it's horrible.  I think they need to work out a deal with the Syrians.  I think Trump is selling it as a peaceful withdrawal of American forces, when in reality he is ceding control to genocidal NATO ally Turkey, who probably support the same objectives for a pipeline through Syria.  Trump does this rhetoric from time to time and routinely betrays it with his actions. 

The abrupt departure seems to indicate he wanted Turkey to have an advantage and Syria/Kurds to be caught flat-footed.  I still support US withdrawal, but it doesn't look like it was done on equitable terms (assuming it's being done at all).  What's worse, Turkey has been linked to the jihadist 'ratlines' around Idlib that have attempted to overthrow the Assad govt and install an Islamic caliphate.  This is who NATO is.  

Less surprising, however, is the fact that using Kurdish liberation as an excuse for US participation in wars in the middle east- playing both sides whenever it served our interest- has been a running thread for a long time now.  

And Trump has issued an official invitation to Erduwon to visit us next month. 
Trump has been so easily manipulated by him again. Or not, Trump has seemed from the beginning to want to shift the US from being allied with UK, France, Germany, etc and instead with Russia, NK, Turkey. He has successfully done that. As I’ve been saying here for awhile, this should remove any doubt, we are definitely the bad guys now.

Trump has been so easily manipulated by him again. Or not, Trump has seemed from the beginning to want to shift the US from being allied with UK, France, Germany, etc and instead with Russia, NK, Turkey. He has successfully done that. As I’ve been saying here for awhile, this should remove any doubt, we are definitely the bad guys now.
Aww crap, I hate being the bad guy. It never ends well!

I heard. Anyone who says that isn't very bright.
It’s all so messed up. As for why he’s still in office, I guess it because GOP voters still overwhelmingly like him, GOP politicians have been more worried about their job security and party standing than anything else. Also he’s insulated himself with yesmen and outright ignored law. 

It’s all so messed up. As for why he’s still in office, I guess it because GOP voters still overwhelmingly like him, GOP politicians have been more worried about their job security and party standing than anything else. Also he’s insulated himself with yesmen and outright ignored law. 
Pretty much, but hopefully this is going to end in his removal from office, if nothing else, through the election.

Pretty much, but hopefully this is going to end in his removal from office, if nothing else, through the election.
I hope so but I have my doubts. I haven’t seen anything from him at any point to indicate he would respect tradition, follow the laws, etc. He seems to have enough people bought into anything he says that it would be enough to potentially derail a transfer of power. I hate to think that way but who would have thought GOP voters would continue to support a President who made massive shifts on military alliances without consulting allies or his own military leaders? Who would have thought GOP voters would turn their backs on the intel community and the FBI? If ISIS is indeed helped by this move, will GOP voters just brush that off too? If they do, then I would say all hope is lost. Hopefully the Kurds are able to find a way to defend themselves and keep ISIS under control.

Users who are viewing this thread