What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trusting Romo (1 Viewer)

Waffling between Romo, Alex Smith, and Rivers. Was never going to start Romo. Had Smith penciled in all week, but the weather in Washinton made me afraid enough to finally go with Rivers. Good luck to all of you Romo owners who benched him for someone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dentist said:
Still debating Romo vs. Big Ben with 5 min left!
I went Romo because ALL the experts said too... Miami was "such a tough matchup" for the hot Big Ben

Now Ben has 3 TD's and 25 points in my scoring system and I'm having MASSIVE regret because I doubt tony can match that.

I'm fuming

Still debating Romo vs. Big Ben with 5 min left!
I went Romo because ALL the experts said too... Miami was "such a tough matchup" for the hot Big Ben

Now Ben has 3 TD's and 25 points in my scoring system and I'm having MASSIVE regret because I doubt tony can match that.

I'm fuming
Big Ben's extra yards would have given me the win.

I hate Romo and all the "experts"

Who are you guys starting him over or benching him for?

Im starting Romo over Big Ben/Tannehill. I think

Leaning Romo over Cutler and Tannehill but not happy about. This Dallas team seems to think the losses don't count if you run for more than 150.

I'm still vacillating between Romo and Alex Smith; I love Smith's matchup, and the weather shouldn't be a factor in Oakland. But I'm concerned about how much Smith will be passing with Charles getting his usual workload. Smith has the greater ceiling here (especially with potential rushing yards), but I've almost talked myself into staying with Romo. I mean, he can't keep underperforming every week, can he?

We are now squarely into December and the annual Cowboy collapse is upon us. Romo will put up decent numbers but he's only a midrange qb2 at this point.

I'm rolling out Alex Smith over Romo; I'm going all in on Smith getting some decent rushing yards to go with his normal numbers.

I may actually go Tannehill over Romo. I need to make a splash, and I think there's ZERO chance Romo has a huge game. Seems like it'll be another big day for DeMarco. Am I wrong?

I'm rolling with Romo. He's probably not going to blow up for ~40 points, but I don't really need him to. The rest of the team is solid, as long as Romo turns in an "average Romo" performance, I'll be happy. If I was pinning all my postseason goals on Romo I'd be nervous as hell.

I'm starting Romo over Alex Smith. just a little worried.

I agree that if you have no issues w/ the rest of your roster, starting Romo is just fine. He's nothing but a game manager for real football, so I see no problem w/ using him in the same role for fantasy teams. It's just hard to see him having any upside after what we've witnessed the past couple of months. If you're like me & need upside, however, trusting Romo to give you that is nearly impossible. He has shat the bed consistently (for fantasy purposes) way too much, in nothing but great matchups.

I agree that if you have no issues w/ the rest of your roster, starting Romo is just fine. He's nothing but a game manager for real football, so I see no problem w/ using him in the same role for fantasy teams. It's just hard to see him having any upside after what we've witnessed the past couple of months. If you're like me & need upside, however, trusting Romo to give you that is nearly impossible. He has shat the bed consistently (for fantasy purposes) way too much, in nothing but great matchups.
Totally agree. What you see is what you get. Home or away he underperformed drastically with sweet matchups. I done need to hope for 15 PTs anymore.

f you're like me & need upside, however, trusting Romo to give you that is nearly impossible.
This is where I'm living and why I contemplated benching for Kirk Cousins.

I doubt either guy gets 30+ points in the system I own them both, and I expect Washington to feed Morris a ton against that horrible ATL defense....but I'm almost willing to risk it anyway. I expect the Cowboys to try running all over GB as well, especially if they get the lead. I don't know if Washington will have a lead at the Falcons and may be forced to throw far more than they want to.

Then I think it's ridiculous to consider and keep Romo in there. It's making me want a beer again.

After a nice three week run with McCown, I am left with trusting Romo or trusting Luck.

I think I'm ready to start drinking and throw a few darts at a board with Romo and Luck's names.

I'm going back and forth with Romo or Tannehill or Ben. If I bench Romo, I bet he goes off for 40pts like he did vs DEN

Lutherman2112 said:
After a nice three week run with McCown, I am left with trusting Romo or trusting Luck.

I think I'm ready to start drinking and throw a few darts at a board with Romo and Luck's names.
:banned:

daughter printed and cut out four photos - two Romo, two Luck. Three rounds, best 2 out of 3. I throw two darts, daughter throws one.

Romo is my starter.

Romo and Luck are so close in ranking according to FBG...hope for the best.

Romo was pretty awful in the homestretch. He let the Packers right back into the game with that 1st INT in the final minutes and then forces the ball to his TE on the 2nd; it was an unlucky bounce but it was a poor choice of targets. They Cowboys had plenty of time (1:30) to drive down the field and get into FG range to win the game.

They were in total control and then things just spiraled in the 4th. Romo is just terrible in clutch situations; really no if's, and's, or but's at this point.

He gave me some hope with his usage of Dez Bryant today though. The TD catch was a thing of beauty and a perfect example of the throws he needs to give to Dez; he's good enough to out play the defender for those and make plays happen. That was one of the best TD catches of the season. Still can't believe he was able to get both feet down while getting pushed out by the DB after catching the TD with one hand through the defender's body.

Why Romo wouldn't be looking Dez;s way inside of 2 minutes has me a little flustered as a Bryant owner. Yes, he had his best game of the year but these performances should be the norm of someone of Bryant's talent level.

I started this thread and while I wouldn't trust him if I was a Cowboys fan, I'm trusting him in the final next week against a lousy Wash secondary.

He did what he had to do for me yesterday. 27 points in my scoring system. I'll take it.

Expect similar production next week along some excruciating throw that loses the game.

I started this thread and while I wouldn't trust him if I was a Cowboys fan, I'm trusting him in the final next week against a lousy Wash secondary.

He did what he had to do for me yesterday. 27 points in my scoring system. I'll take it.

Expect similar production next week along some excruciating throw that loses the game.
Great fantasy QB, horrible prime-time big-game real-life QB.

Great fantasy QB, horrible prime-time big-game real-life QB.
Over the past couple months he hasn't even be that great as a fantasy QB. This week will likely cause him to crawl back into his shell

Probably rolling him out again next week, due to matchup, and he didn't cost me this week by any stretch....but Cousins did, indeed, outscore his ####. :(

While Romo is a train wreck, he doesn't out train wreck the entire Washington organization. Starting him against next week.

Romo was pretty awful in the homestretch. He let the Packers right back into the game with that 1st INT in the final minutes and then forces the ball to his TE on the 2nd; it was an unlucky bounce but it was a poor choice of targets. They Cowboys had plenty of time (1:30) to drive down the field and get into FG range to win the game.

They were in total control and then things just spiraled in the 4th. Romo is just terrible in clutch situations; really no if's, and's, or but's at this point.

He gave me some hope with his usage of Dez Bryant today though. The TD catch was a thing of beauty and a perfect example of the throws he needs to give to Dez; he's good enough to out play the defender for those and make plays happen. That was one of the best TD catches of the season. Still can't believe he was able to get both feet down while getting pushed out by the DB after catching the TD with one hand through the defender's body.

Why Romo wouldn't be looking Dez;s way inside of 2 minutes has me a little flustered as a Bryant owner. Yes, he had his best game of the year but these performances should be the norm of someone of Bryant's talent level.
Romo and Bryant should be like Cutler and Marshall. Williams is extremely talented and makes a great No. 2 (or should), Austin is a solid vet and there's no reason he cannot be a possession guy at this point. Murray was rolling up something like 7 yards a pop. They have a very shifty Randle to dump it to. Why with all that they are throwing to Beasley at the sideline covered by Tramond Williams of all people is absolutely inexcusable, it's coaching, it's QB, it's everything.

Users who are viewing this thread