What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (6 Viewers)

It's T&T, but I like the way Musah/McKennie have worked together in the MF as a double pivot.

Has GGG ever used this formation?

Tillman - doesn't look dangerous.

Of then2 yellows - 1st was weak, 2nd deserved.

T&T just going to bunker even worse now and we don't appear to have anyone that can break down a defender and have a dangerous take. Possession is nice but possessing just to possess doesn't win games.

0 shots on goal in that half
This.

All just too easy for T&T in the back.
Low block of 5 with 4 in front, so bunkered back there and making it tough for Balogun to find any space or touches (and tbh he didn't do much with what he was given). The red will make it a 4-4 double block probably... So maybe a little more room.

They had moments of moving it quickly and changing field, which is always a good way of breaking that bunker down... But Dest was getting pwned 1v1 and Tillman- despite getting into great spots- made the worst of every moment. Paredes.. not much going there either.

Id like to see somebody hit a shot from the top of the box.. might help draw defenders out. And keep moving it quicker and changing the field.

0 shots on goal in that half
This.

All just too easy for T&T in the back.
Low block of 5 with 4 in front, so bunkered back there and making it tough for Balogun to find any space or touches (and tbh he didn't do much with what he was given). The red will make it a 4-4 double block probably... So maybe a little more room.

They had moments of moving it quickly and changing field, which is always a good way of breaking that bunker down... But Dest was getting pwned 1v1 and Tillman- despite getting into great spots- made the worst of every moment. Paredes.. not much going there either.

Id like to see somebody hit a shot from the top of the box.. might help draw defenders out. And keep moving it quicker and changing the field.
:lmao:

Tillman - doesn't look dangerous.

Of then2 yellows - 1st was weak, 2nd deserved.

T&T just going to bunker even worse now and we don't appear to have anyone that can break down a defender and have a dangerous take. Possession is nice but possessing just to possess doesn't win games.
I thought that 1st yellow was wrong... Until seeing the replay where the attacking player came stamping down with studs to make his move. Never getting away with that in the modern game.

And T&T can't bunker and more than they did in the 1st half. I don't know that they even crossed into the US half.

A US player has to successfully beat their man off the dribble and force those low blocks to open up to draw a man to them

I hope they wave it off - go ****ing earn it. This is a horrific performance.
Tbf, T&T have done what they've needed to do... Very organized.

And not a single US player has stepped up.

Normally I’d agree and no offense to T&T but I don’t want to hear anything close to that from GGG - how about, “this isn’t good enough - we were bad”. I don’t care how organized they are- it’s freaking T&T at home up a man.

Normally I’d agree and no offense to T&T but I don’t want to hear anything close to that from GGG - how about, “this isn’t good enough - we were bad”. I don’t care how organized they are- it’s freaking T&T at home up a man.
You didn't read the rest of my post did you.

You didn't read the rest of my post did you.

I didn’t read the first part

We beat them 6-0 with BJ coaching a C-Team.

This is just awful. And it's not like we aren't just rolling them. T&T has zero shots. Not shots on goal. Shots. Sure they are down a man, but they didn't even begin to threaten before that.

Users who are viewing this thread