What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Von Miller misses traffic court date again (1 Viewer)

Wonder how Alfred Williams will spin this. Time for Elway/management send a message to this team and organization.

Is it weird that it's mandatory for Miller to appear at traffic court dates, even when his lawyer is there? Is it usual for a judge to reject an attorney's request to waive his client's appearance?

My brother got a couple of tickets in Florida, and he always just hired an attorney and then waited a couple of weeks for the attorney to tell him the results of the ticket hearing. He never actually had to show up in court. I don't know if Florida is odd, or if Colorado is odd, or if the judge is just out to make an example of Miller. Anyone here familiar with traffic court in Colorado?

The article says he was supposedly at the nearby training facility. At this point, I wonder if there is someone from the organization there pushing him / reminding him to go. Seems like it would be a smart idea on their part.

Is it weird that it's mandatory for Miller to appear at traffic court dates, even when his lawyer is there? Is it usual for a judge to reject an attorney's request to waive his client's appearance?

My brother got a couple of tickets in Florida, and he always just hired an attorney and then waited a couple of weeks for the attorney to tell him the results of the ticket hearing. He never actually had to show up in court. I don't know if Florida is odd, or if Colorado is odd, or if the judge is just out to make an example of Miller. Anyone here familiar with traffic court in Colorado?
Might be to set an example since he blew it off before. Weird or not, if a judge says be here shouldn't you show up?

Turns out he appeared 2 hours late and plead guilty.

He quickly pleaded guilty to minor traffic offenses, including speeding and driving under restraint. He was ordered to complete 24 hours of community service and a level-one driving class within 90 days.

Turns out he appeared 2 hours late and plead guilty.

He quickly pleaded guilty to minor traffic offenses, including speeding and driving under restraint. He was ordered to complete 24 hours of community service and a level-one driving class within 90 days.
I have a shiny nickel that says he will do none of that within 90 days. His lawyer will get that extended to the off season.

nothing to see here.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 55m

Von Miller's attorney told Von not to bother with court. Von brought his suit to Dove Valley just in case. Attorney then called him over.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h

Von Miller got call from his attorney - he's headed to court. Luckily Von brought his court clothes to Dove Valley today

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h

Von Miller is Not a no show in court. Told his lawyer handling traffic matter for now. Goodness.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 12m

Already obvious but Von Miller's attorney is Not Harvey Steinberg. Von's attorney, Abe Hutt, took blame for Miller showing up late.

Users who are viewing this thread