What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 02 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Fields or Mills? 4 points per passing TDs

I know, I know, they both suck, but have to start one :wall:
I think Mills has better weapons but Fields can move.

I probably go with Fields because of running ability but it's really a toss up.

Fields>Mills

Yikes. Damien Harris vs Pollard in PPR.

Literally asking for a friend. I lean Harris, but not happy about it.
I haven't recommended a Patriot yet BUT, in this situation I kind of agree. I think the Pats will try to run, I think Harris is the 1A (if not the outright 1) and I think he has a decent shot at a TD.

D.Harris>Pollard

PPR. The top six teams out of 12 get a win this week.

Gabe Davis is questionable for Monday night. Should I play it safe and go with

Chris Olave against Tampa

Sterling Shepard against Carolina

or wait for the afternoon games and play

Nico Collins against Denver

Greg Dortch against Vegas.
No Olave, no Shepard, no Nico, maybe Dortch but it does feel like chasing points IMO.

The question I have is there anyone on the wire from Buf/Ten/Min/Phi that you could pick up if you get bad news tomorrow? KJ Osborn & Crowder come to mind.

This really comes down to your risk tolerance I personally roll the dice on Davis.
There’s no one to pick up. This is a 12 team 20 round draft. Even Nick Westbrook and Shakir were drafted. We do FAAB so I couldn’t pick up anybody if I wanted to.

I don’t think Dortch is chasing points. He’s playing the role R Moore would have and did a great job last week.
Dortch got the volume and his situation hasn't changed, there is nothing wrong with rolling him out. It's just a very short resume.

Thanks as always Chaka!

So in standard --I need ONE flex from:

Stevenson @ Pitt
E. Moore @ Clev
Pollard vs Cinn
D. London @ LAR
Herbert @ GB
Watson vs CHi
DPJ vs NYJets

Kinda intrigued by London here -- he had a good # of targets Week 1 and they should be behind in this one ---
[GeorgeTakei]Oh my.[/GeorgeTakei]

You got a bunch of boom/bust going on here. I have been staring at your post for two minutes not trying to come up with a take on any of these guys and I'm still coming up empty.

I love Moore as a WR and Flacco threw the ball 41 times last week to WRs & TEs. Should we expect that volume every week with the Jets? I have no idea. But it's a tough matchup and the Jets offense does not look ready for public access television, on UHF, let alone primetime.

I'm almost always out on all Patriots ATM but Stevenson has as good a shot as...no, nevermind I'm still out on all Patriots ATM.

Even if Lazard misses this game it's hard to figure out which Packer WR to go with, if any at all.

Herbert? Maybe. Or maybe the Pack defense and running game grounds the Bears into a pile of goo. I'm betting on goo.

London was impressive last week and you figure the Rams will force ATL to pass a lot. But I think the Rams D has an outside shot at a shutout. Donald goes bonkers and Toast gets buttered (I know that metaphor makes zero sense but I'm sticking with it).

Yeah, it comes down to Pollard & DPJ IMO
Pollard has all the upside in the world, the Cowboys should be passing quite a bit and even if they don't it's because the offense is funneling through the RBs. He's an interesting option, particularly with his home run ability.

DPJ may not get 11 looks every week but, man you gotta like that he is so involved in the passing game, particularly as he was always primarily a deep threat. If he is being used in the intermediate game with regularity and still has his home run ability, watch out.

DPJ>Pollard>>the rest
Chaka --question -who of those guys in my flex would you drop for Mattison? He's available

Stevenson @ Pitt
E. Moore @ Clev
Pollard vs Cinn
D. London @ LAR
Herbert @ GB
Watson vs CHi
DPJ vs NYJets
Watson. Not even close IMO. The others either already have standalone value or a much easier path
In redraft I would part ways with others. If you saw Watson last week, the drop was frightening but he has loads of potential and group of stiffs right now starting in front of him. I think they will make Watson a starting WR on the outside, won't be the highest targeted guy but I see him hitting the stat box every other week with 75-80yds and a score. If he catches that ball, we're looking at 3/100/TD and I doubt we would be suggesting we part ways with him.

Stevenson has even worse upside right now. DPJ is a must keep? I don't know about that, let's revisit in a few weeks. Some different ways of looking at this group.
I'll bite. This was also without Lazard. Do you have much faith in Roger's supporting two WRs for fantasy purposes?

Superflex QB2 :

Mac Jones @ PIT
Geno Smith @ SF

PPR TE Premium Flex W/R/T (replacement for Kamara):

Kadarius Toney vs. CAR
Will Dissly @ SF
JD McKissic @ DET
Did you draft Dak?

I guess I would roll with Geno over Mac because he has DK and Lockett and the Patriots simply don't have anyone to match that.

Geno>Mac

I probably go with McKissic as the second option. Detroit may represent a great matchup for opposing offenses all season and their offense can put pressure on opposing teams to be aggressive. I love what I saw from Samuel last week but 11 targets isn't sustainable, and neither is 8 targets for Gibson so maybe there will be some more opportunities for other targets.

Dissly is putting too much into the Seattle offense and how can you trust Toney at this point?

McKissic>Dissly>Toney
Thanks! Geno vs Mac will be a season-long headache. I took on an orphan team with Josh Allen as QB1 so those two + Drew Lock + Minshew are my current QB2 options.

PPR flex

Chase Edmonds against Baltimore

James Robinson against Indy

N Hines against the Jags.
Wow. I think you should be comfortable with any of these options.

Robinson 34 snaps (49%). 13 opportunities looked good.
Edmonds 38 snaps (63%). 16 opportunities looked good in the receiving game only.
Hines 26 snaps (28%). 9 opportunities, looked good receiving only.

I think you rule out Hines from the jump, the Colts won't run 92 plays every week and he just doesn't get enough of the time share so he's big play dependent (something he is certainly capable of).

Yeah, I'm not confident who I would personally start between Edmonds & Robinson. It's a real coin toss. My get is telling me that because he looked surprisingly good and has a better matchup at home:

Robinson>Edmonds

Thanks as always Chaka!

Stevenson @ Pitt
E. Moore @ Clev
Pollard vs Cinn
D. London @ LAR
Herbert @ GB
Watson vs CHi
DPJ vs NYJets

Kinda intrigued by London here -- he had a good # of targets Week 1 and they should be behind in this one ---

You got a bunch of boom/bust going on here. I have been staring at your post for two minutes not trying to come up with a take on any of these guys and I'm still coming up empty.

I love Moore as a WR and Flacco threw the ball 41 times last week to WRs & TEs. Should we expect that volume every week with the Jets? I have no idea. But it's a tough matchup and the Jets offense does not look ready for public access television, on UHF, let alone primetime.

I'm almost always out on all Patriots ATM but Stevenson has as good a shot as...no, nevermind I'm still out on all Patriots ATM.

Even if Lazard misses this game it's hard to figure out which Packer WR to go with, if any at all.

Herbert? Maybe. Or maybe the Pack defense and running game grounds the Bears into a pile of goo. I'm betting on goo.

London was impressive last week and you figure the Rams will force ATL to pass a lot. But I think the Rams D has an outside shot at a shutout. Donald goes bonkers and Toast gets buttered (I know that metaphor makes zero sense but I'm sticking with it).

Pollard has all the upside in the world, the Cowboys should be passing quite a bit and even if they don't it's because the offense is funneling through the RBs. He's an interesting option, particularly with his home run ability.

DPJ may not get 11 looks every week but, man you gotta like that he is so involved in the passing game, particularly as he was always primarily a deep threat. If he is being used in the intermediate game with regularity and still has his home run ability, watch out.

DPJ>Pollard>>the rest
Chaka --question -who of those guys in my flex would you drop for Mattison? He's available

Stevenson @ Pitt
E. Moore @ Clev
Pollard vs Cinn
D. London @ LAR
Herbert @ GB
Watson vs CHi
DPJ vs NYJets
Watson. Not even close IMO. The others either already have standalone value or a much easier path
In redraft I would part ways with others. If you saw Watson last week, the drop was frightening but he has loads of potential and group of stiffs right now starting in front of him. I think they will make Watson a starting WR on the outside, won't be the highest targeted guy but I see him hitting the stat box every other week with 75-80yds and a score. If he catches that ball, we're looking at 3/100/TD and I doubt we would be suggesting we part ways with him.

Stevenson has even worse upside right now. DPJ is a must keep? I don't know about that, let's revisit in a few weeks. Some different ways of looking at this group.
I'll bite. This was also without Lazard. Do you have much faith in Roger's supporting two WRs for fantasy purposes?
Is this a dynasty league? If not I wouldn't be terribly someone is going to pick up Watson as soon as you drop him. If it's dynasty then I probably drop Herbert because I don't see him as a long term replacement for Montgomery.

Thanks as always Chaka!

Stevenson @ Pitt
E. Moore @ Clev
Pollard vs Cinn
D. London @ LAR
Herbert @ GB
Watson vs CHi
DPJ vs NYJets

DPJ>Pollard>>the rest

Stevenson @ Pitt
E. Moore @ Clev
Pollard vs Cinn
D. London @ LAR
Herbert @ GB
Watson vs CHi
DPJ vs NYJets

Good question Chad,

I posted a link in the Lazard thread but I see the Packers putting Cobb on the bench and having Lazard line up in the slot where he feels more comfortable and also more lethal as a WR or weapon for the Packers. That leaves 2 slots on the ends open or being filled with Watkins and then that leaves an open spot for one of the 2 rookies.

Look at Cobb's numbers the last couple seasons even with Rodgers singing his praises and demanding Cobb be back on the Packers, that hasn't translated into a lot of production is all I want to point out.

Certainly wasn't coming after you or your post, just another POV.

Last edited:
Full ppr, pick two:

Ingram vs TB
Dulin at JAX
Noah Brown vs CIN
McKenzie vs TEN

If Kamara it out , does the Tampa run d make it a 12 for 38 and 3 catches for 10?

Would be great ish for McKenzie if Davis sits.

I like Dulin this week

Noah seems like the WR 2 for Dallas in a ‘shootout’ ??

Full PPR, WR3 either:

ACooper or JLandry
Landry. Saints won't be able to run on the Bucs and apparently Kamara is out so more targets to go around. Cooper should be better but that's only because he couldn't have been much worse but the Browns should roll and he may not be needed.

Landry>Cooper

Thanks as always Chaka!

Stevenson @ Pitt
E. Moore @ Clev
Pollard vs Cinn
D. London @ LAR
Herbert @ GB
Watson vs CHi
DPJ vs NYJets

DPJ>Pollard>>the rest

Stevenson @ Pitt
E. Moore @ Clev
Pollard vs Cinn
D. London @ LAR
Herbert @ GB
Watson vs CHi
DPJ vs NYJets

Good question Chad,

I posted a link in the Lazard thread but I see the Packers putting Cobb on the bench and having Lazard line up in the slot where he feels more comfortable and also more lethal as a WR or weapon for the Packers. That leaves 2 slots on the ends open or being filled with Watkins and then that leaves an open spot for tone of the 2 rookies.

Look at Cobb's numbers the last couple seasons even with Rodgers singing his praises and demanding Cobb be back on the Packers, that hasn't translated into a lot of production is all I want to point out.

Certainly wasn't coming after you or your post, just another POV.
No.... Not thinking it was adversarial at all. Just surprised at the optimism for him and wanted to hear your analysis.

He's a 23YO rookie and I just don't see him balling out this year. Rogers WR have dominated from being in sync (back shoulder fades, anticipation throws, etc.) I don't see that happening w a rookie. Maybe dynasty, but not Redraft.

Alternatively, I see a path for fantasy relevance on the other players that were listed. Just my opinion, but he feels more of a Uber gamble versus others.

Full ppr, pick two:

Ingram vs TB
Dulin at JAX
Noah Brown vs CIN
McKenzie vs TEN

If Kamara it out , does the Tampa run d make it a 12 for 38 and 3 catches for 10?

I like Dulin this week

I honestly don't have much to say about any of these guys. I wouldn't start a mediocre RB against TB.

I can agree with Dulin because he had a really nice game last week and the Colts are missing Pittman and Pierce so, he may be your best play.

Is it really a shootout if only one team has a gun? Okay, that's unfair and I do kind of agree. Cincinnati has a stout defense and should put pressure on the Cowboys to keep up. Despite five turnovers the Bengals still managed to put up 432 yards last week. This offense is good.

I personally take the position that Gabriel Davis is playing until I hear otherwise. So I am not as high on McKenzie as I would be if I knew Davis was out. I still like him more than Ingram.

Dulin>Brown>McKenzie>Ingram

Russell Gage vs. Gabe Davis? Full PPR
I think you know what to do here. It's all about your risk tolerance. Personally I think Davis plays until they tell me he isn't so Davis is my call. Particularly if there are guys on the wire in the Monday matchups you could pick up if you hear Davis is out tomorrow. But if you don't like rolling the dice then go with Gage.

Davis>Gage

Std scoring w bonus at 100 yds rushing:
Flex - need one
Penny @ SF (currently my pick)
Edmonds @Balt
E. Moore at Clev
Bateman v. Mia
These are all very similar options. Penny is the best talent but I have a lot of, non-injury related concerns: 1) It's a low volume offense (only 55 plays last week, seemed like a lot more but it wasn't) 2abd&d) Short week on the road coming off a big high against a very good team coming off a disappointing loss 3) He doesn't really seem to be a factor in the passing game 4) Ken Walker III is apparently going to play this week.

It's close but I like Edmonds a little more than Penny because I think he is in a better situation on a better team. The Dolphins were a low volume offense last week but they had the game in hand from the kickoff, I think there is a lot more offensive output upside in Miami than in Seattle. They have similar weapons but I think Tua>>>Geno and I think McDaniel is a more aggressive offensive game planner than Pete.

Edmonds>Penny>Bateman>Moore
I didn't watch the NE game, but was concerned with Edmund's paltry run stats.

Full ppr, pick two:

Ingram vs TB
Dulin at JAX
Noah Brown vs CIN
McKenzie vs TEN

I like Dulin this week

I honestly don't have much to say about any of these guys. I wouldn't start a mediocre RB against TB.

I can agree with Dulin because he had a really nice game last week and the Colts are missing Pittman and Pierce so, he may be your best play.

Is it really a shootout if only one team has a gun? Okay, that's unfair and I do kind of agree. Cincinnati has a stout defense and should put pressure on the Cowboys to keep up. Despite five turnovers the Bengals still managed to put up 432 yards last week. This offense is good.

I personally take the position that Gabriel Davis is playing until I hear otherwise. So I am not as high on McKenzie as I would be if I knew Davis was out. I still like him more than Ingram.

Dulin>Brown>McKenzie>Ingram
That’s how I set it on Friday.

Russ vs Hou

Burrow vs Dal

We don't subtract points for turnovers so Burrow's aim and butter fingers are not a concern. With our scoring last week Russ had 19 and Burrow had 29 pts.

I could see passing yards being roughly equal but Burrow with a better chance for multiple passing TDs and rushing yards.

Pick two half ppr - penny, Mooney, edmonds, Damien Harris
Edmonds would be my first choice (I have talked about him a lot in here and it's crunch time so I can't get into it again).

It's a bit of a coin toss between Penny & Harris. I really liked what I saw out of Penny last week but I have many concerns with the low volume Seahawks offense on a short week roadie after a big high against a very talented bitter rival desperate for a win. Plus Kenneth Walker III is apparently back to take some touches from Penny, probably in the passing game where they don't use Penny much to begin with. But, he looks so good every time he has the ball in his hands, it's tough to sit him.

I am very down on the Pats but I think if they have any chance at success it will flow through the backfield. I think Patricia & Judge are smart enough to understand that, I just don't know they are smart enough to execute that plan. Harris ran well last week at 5.3 per attempt.

What I type now is a very speculative calculation that likely has zero predictive value but it helps me think about this decision. Harris only had 22 snaps last week (39% share) but was given an opportunity on 54% of those snaps (12), with Montgomery out does he make it to 32 snaps this week? That would project for 17 opportunities. Penny had 38 snaps (69% share) and 16 opportunities which is a 42% usage rate. With Monty out and Walker in I think these two guys end up very close in snap count.

I'm going with Harris because I think he has a better shot at a short TD, but if you are looking for a big play threat with a higher ceiling then go with Penny

It's a tough call.

Edmonds>Harris>Penny

Russ vs Hou

Burrow vs Dal

We don't subtract points for turnovers so Burrow's aim and butter fingers are not a concern. With our scoring last week Russ had 19 and Burrow had 29 pts.

I could see passing yards being roughly equal but Burrow with a better chance for multiple passing TDs and rushing yards.
Even though they are on the road against a better defense, I think more of the Cincinnati offense flows through Burrow than the Denver offense flows through Wilson. You can never accurately predict these things but I think the Cincinnati D has a better chance to give their offense short fields and more opportunities. I see Houston as a better offense than Dallas.

Burrow>Wilson

Half PPR, chasing ceiling with Kamara ruled out and Kelce putting up a dud. Looking for the best combination of these 2 guys for my rb2 and flex position. Currently starting Dotson and Gainwell but would welcome and appreciate the advice. Leaning towards plugging in Moore for Gainwell

Gainwell vs Minnesota
Stephenson at Pitt
Dotson at Detroit
Elijah Moore at Cleveland
Burks at Buffalo

12 Team PPR league. Here is my lineup. I'm struggling with my second WR. Any suggestions?

QB- Trey Lance
RB- L. Fournettes
RB- AJ Dillon
WR- J. Jefferson
WR- J. Waddle, Michael Thomas, or CeeDee Lamb?
TE- D. Waller
Flex- N. Chubb or one of the WRs above?

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi All! I have to choose between Tom Brady vs NO which he does not have a good history playing against and the team has some question marks at WR position this week or Kirk Cousins in a potential shootout against Eagles but he does not have a great history in prime time games?

Hi All! I have to choose between Tom Brady vs NO which he does not have a good history playing against and the team has some question marks at WR position this week or Kirk Cousins in a potential shootout against Eagles but he does not have a great history in prime time games?
Go with the GOAT- Brady

Non- PPR pick two:

Brandon Aiyuk vs SEA
DJ Moore vs NYG
Curtis Samuel vs DET
Rashod Bateman vs MIA
I say no on Aiyuk until we see that Lance can actually throw the ball.

I like your other three options but probably Samuel more than the others. His volume is certain to decrease but it's a great matchup and, if the Lions aren't entirely stymied by the loss of their interior line they can score quite a bit. Samuel should get opportunities to contribute.

I like Bateman but I am not sure how much I like the low volume passing offense of the Ravens with a low accuracy QB. His production is mostly based upon efficiency not volume which makes me nervous.

DJ wasn't much of a factor last week but I am not ready to call that a trend. He was on the field for 53 snaps, which is a 100% share (same for R.Anderson), got six targets and a rushing attempt (Anderson had 8 targets and his day was bolstered by a 75 yard strike). There may be some weekly back and forth between DJ and Anderson but I think the passing game funnels through them.

Samuel>DJ>Bateman>Aiyuk

12 Team PPR league. Here is my lineup. I'm struggling with my second WR. Any suggestions?

QB- Trey Lance
RB- L. Fournettes
RB- AJ Dillon
WR- J. Jefferson
TE- D. Waller

QB- Trey Lance
RB- L. Fournettes
RB- AJ Dillon
WR- J. Jefferson
TE- D. Waller

michael Thoms and chubb at Flex

PSA: This thread goes up on Tuesdays, if you post your questions earlier in the week I promise to give them all a well reasoned and thoughtful analysis.

26 minutes before kickoff simply does not allow for much time for thoughtful analysis.

Half PPR, chasing ceiling with Kamara ruled out and Kelce putting up a dud. Looking for the best combination of these 2 guys for my rb2 and flex position. Currently starting Dotson and Gainwell but would welcome and appreciate the advice. Leaning towards plugging in Moore for Gainwell

Gainwell vs Minnesota
Stephenson at Pitt
Dotson at Detroit
Elijah Moore at Cleveland
Burks at Buffalo
It's a coin flip between Gainwell & Stevenson but I guess I would take the home team in this situation. Even if I see a scenario where Stevenson scores multiple TDs.

Gainwell>Stevenson

I probably go with Jahan Dotson because of the matchup.

Dotson>Burks>Moore

QB- Trey Lance
RB- L. Fournettes
RB- AJ Dillon
WR- J. Jefferson
TE- D. Waller

Michael Thomas by a good margin IMO. Like Waddle but Thomas looked great and Kamara is out so possibly more opportunities.

I have no problem with Cousins over Brady this week.

Cousins>Brady

@zeke2222 please stop double posting. I am very happy to help and will be here right up until kickoff on most Sundays. If I am not going to be available I will let everyone know well in advance. If you want to make sure you get the best response please post your questions before Sunday morning.

TIA

WR 3 slot: Russell Gage or Curtis Samuel or McKenzie (I own Davis). Or add KJ Osborn.

Edit: PPR

Last edited:
@zeke2222 please stop double posting. I am very happy to help and will be here right up until kickoff on most Sundays. If I am not going to be available I will let everyone know well in advance. If you want to make sure you get the best response please post your questions before Sunday morning.

TIA
sorry and thanks for the advice!!

Flex spot: 6/TD, 1/PPR

Olave or Christian Watson?

Was easy choice until 5 mins ago and found out Winston is playing with 4 fractured vertebrae. One good hit to it and that passing game is done. With Watson...Lazard is back tonight.

Superflex - pick two 🤢
Brady Vs NO with all his receivers injured
Lance Vs Seattle
Tannehill Vs Buffalo
Trubisky Vs NE
Flacco Vs Cleveland

Leaning towards Brady and Lance but really don’t like any of these matchups.
Oof.

Trubusky
Brady - he has Evans and Gage, and he’s the best QB on that list. You’ll sleep better leaving a scrub having a fluke big game on your bench than you would leaving the 🐐 on your bench for a big game.

Also, two flex
Nyheim Hines
Paris Campbell
Dalton Schultz

Leaning Campbell and Schultz

Thanks!
Hines / Schultz for me. I think Nyheem has a big week without Pittman there. Ryan is great at the check down to the RB

Last edited:
Flex spot: 6/TD, 1/PPR

Olave or Christian Watson?

Was easy choice until 5 mins ago and found out Winston is playing with 4 fractured vertebrae. One good hit to it and that passing game is done. With Watson...Lazard is back tonight.
I'm in the same boat with Michael Thomas, now. I'm going to stick with Thomas and I think you should stick with Olave.

WR 3 slot: Russell Gage or Curtis Samuel or McKenzie (I own Davis). Or add KJ Osborn.

Edit: PPR
Y'know, I'm very high on Osborn this season but I'm not sold enough to recommend him this week.

I think you have to go with Samuel for opportunity and matchup. I can't make a very strong argument for either of the other guys.

Samuel>Gage>McKenzie

pick one WR PPR?

lockett vs SF

Jacobi myers vs PIT

OR Aiyuk vs Sea?
Lockett is probably the answer, but there’s a lot of local talk about Aiyuk needing targets.

The weather is worse in the north bay. It’s a little gusty & a little wet, but not too bad right now.

Could get worse - hard to predict the weather.

Users who are viewing this thread