What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1, 09/08/22 Thursday Night Football: Let's Get This Party Started! Buffalo at LA Rams (+2.5) (52) (1 Viewer)

The best cornerback I'm the league sure does give up a lot of catches and yards...and touchdowns.
>>Jalen Ramsey has allowed a deep TD in four his last six games, including playoffs. Ramsey had gone the previous 65 games without allowing a single one.<<

No shame in getting beat deep by the Allen/Diggs, Burrow/Higgins, and Brady/Evans combos.

The best cornerback I'm the league sure does give up a lot of catches and yards...and touchdowns.
>>Jalen Ramsey has allowed a deep TD in four his last six games, including playoffs. Ramsey had gone the previous 65 games without allowing a single one.<<

I am so tired of hearing about Ramsey. Seems like every time I watch a Rams game, he is getting burned.

hard to say a lot from one game let alone the first of the season but la misses beckham and miller and buffalo has looked good but jeepers take away those three turnovers and this is even more of a cakewalk thats the update from the swcer take that to the bank bromigos

Akers went in the 2nd round of several drafts I saw or too part in, recent weeks up to Kickoff tonight, BUST of the Year, early candidate.

ARob3 was being hailed as a Top20 WR in this offense. BUST Week 1, looked lost and Stafford not willing to throw the ball along the sidelines up the field.

Dev Singletary cannot get touches. 8/48, 2 receptions on top, 31-10 blowout and he gets a couple touches and then they move away from him and don't come back for a while.
Moss fumbled late in the game, that will matter to the coaches because RBs are not allowed to turn the ball over unlike Quartebacks.

What a strange post-game interview with Josh Allen and Von Miller. Allen talked about Miller like he wasn't even standing right there and barely even looked at him or acknowledged him. Different sides of the ball, so I get it, they probably aren't pals, but it just seemed odd.

Akers went in the 2nd round of several drafts I saw or too part in, recent weeks up to Kickoff tonight, BUST of the Year, early candidate.

ARob3 was being hailed as a Top20 WR in this offense. BUST Week 1, looked lost and Stafford not willing to throw the ball along the sidelines up the field.

Dev Singletary cannot get touches. 8/48, 2 receptions on top, 31-10 blowout and he gets a couple touches and then they move away from him and don't come back for a while.
Moss fumbled late in the game, that will matter to the coaches because RBs are not allowed to turn the ball over unlike Quartebacks.
People taking Akers in round 2 were nuts, he went in the late 5th in my leagues.

Robinson feels like a buy-low to me. He was on the field for basically every snap, and not many (possibly zero) have the Bills pass rush. I'd expect him to get better as the season goes on, and top-20 feels pretty possible still.

I think we have, and have had, ample evidence that Buffalo doesn't want Singletary to be more than a part time player. If they felt differently, they wouldn't have spent 2 day 2 picks on RBs since Singletary was drafted. James Cook probably isn't a bad throw in to target in trades.

Was Collinsworth just throwing Robinson under the bus?
What did he say?

People taking Akers in round 2 were nuts, he went in the late 5th in my leagues.

Robinson feels like a buy-low to me. He was on the field for basically every snap, and not many (possibly zero) have the Bills pass rush. I'd expect him to get better as the season goes on, and top-20 feels pretty possible still.

I think we have, and have had, ample evidence that Buffalo doesn't want Singletary to be more than a part time player. If they felt differently, they wouldn't have spent 2 day 2 picks on RBs since Singletary was drafted. James Cook probably isn't a bad throw in to target in trades.
I always look to pounce on the early season panic buy lows each year but body language, lack of targets/looks and doing nothing last year has me feeling that getting out quick on ARob is the current play right now.

Akers is a bust and should have been considered as much, DH didn't do a lot, but he was in on nearly every damn play. Akers got 1 catch for 0 yards, and what, 3 rushes for 0 yards?
DH will torch Atl next week , must start.
The new Elvis 'Toast' PAtterson is now Jalen Ramsey. dudes a bust now. What was Allen something like 6-6 against Ramsey before halftime?! there's your formula to beat The Lambs. attack Ramsey
Not for nuthin, but A. Donald was covered by a single blocker most of the game, The theory is , quick passes before Donald gets to the QB. Consider this a trend going forward.
Lambs are in trouble. oh, and did I mention the meatball soft semi deep passes not only overthrown and intercepted, but Stafford has NO, repeat NO zip on his deep balls. Shades of Eli Manning final 2 years of his career. This is a trend. Oh, and he's still the INT machine he's always been, tossing 3 tonight. gonna be a long season, this team looks flaaaat. LOVE watching McVay on the sidelines like a longtail cat in a room full of rocking chairs. smarmy doosh. how dare Buffalo beat us. good ole' fashioned butt whoopin tonight. get used to it. coulda easily been 52-10.

Akers is a bust and should have been considered as much, DH didn't do a lot, but he was in on nearly every damn play. Akers got 1 catch for 0 yards, and what, 3 rushes for 0 yards?
DH will torch Atl next week , must start.
The new Elvis 'Toast' PAtterson is now Jalen Ramsey. dudes a bust now. What was Allen something like 6-6 against Ramsey before halftime?! there's your formula to beat The Lambs. attack Ramsey
Not for nuthin, but A. Donald was covered by a single blocker most of the game, The theory is , quick passes before Donald gets to the QB. Consider this a trend going forward.
Lambs are in trouble. oh, and did I mention the meatball soft semi deep passes not only overthrown and intercepted, but Stafford has NO, repeat NO zip on his deep balls. Shades of Eli Manning final 2 years of his career. This is a trend. Oh, and he's still the INT machine he's always been, tossing 3 tonight. gonna be a long season, this team looks flaaaat. LOVE watching McVay on the sidelines like a longtail cat in a room full of rocking chairs. smarmy doosh. how dare Buffalo beat us. good ole' fashioned butt whoopin tonight. get used to it. coulda easily been 52-10.
How often will Los Angeles see Buffalo the rest of the year?

10-10 Halftime but turnovers were all that was keeping the Rams in the game

Mike Tirico praises Rams owner Kroenke for paying the players top dollar or somehow was willing to pay the players in a more aggressive way than other owners are willing to do. Memo to Tirico, the teams play with a salary cap and are required to spend within 90-95% pf the cap, Kroenke didn't spend $400M and the owners of the Chargers spent $200M...doesn't work that way.

I hate Mike Tirico, sad they let him back into the booth.
Can’t stand Tirico or Collinsworthless. Gonna be s long season listening to those two boneheads.

Can’t stand Tirico or Collinsworthless. Gonna be s long season listening to those two boneheads.

It's not just them. Personally, I can't stand to listen to any analysts. It's just so freaking dumbed down, like they're explaining football to 4th graders and they're more worried about attention span than saying something meaningful/thoughtful.

Last week the US Open (tennis) was on like 4-5 ESPN channels at the same time - the main stadium Arthur Ashe, the secondary stadium Louis Armstrong, the grandstand court, and maybe 1-2 outer courts usually (7 or 17.) Sometimes they wouldn't have an announcing crew, and it would just be the visuals. My gosh it was glorious.

I like to hear the crowd, the hits, the players and coaches screaming - I don't want to mute games. But man I wish we had the option to just watch the game.

#getoffmywhatever #curmudgeon

I dont know where to put this question, but I havent been here since this new format - is there any way to make the font darker and bigger? I can’t read a thing with this light font on a white background.

also on your phone on safari how do you get to first unread post?

thanks

I dont know where to put this question, but I havent been here since this new format - is there any way to make the font darker and bigger? I can’t read a thing with this light font on a white background.

also on your phone on safari how do you get to first unread post?

thanks
If you go all the way to the bottom of the page, there should be an option that says “Footballguys (Dark)”. Select that.

It's not just them. Personally, I can't stand to listen to any analysts. It's just so freaking dumbed down, like they're explaining football to 4th graders and they're more worried about attention span than saying something meaningful/thoughtful.

Last week the US Open (tennis) was on like 4-5 ESPN channels at the same time - the main stadium Arthur Ashe, the secondary stadium Louis Armstrong, the grandstand court, and maybe 1-2 outer courts usually (7 or 17.) Sometimes they wouldn't have an announcing crew, and it would just be the visuals. My gosh it was glorious.

I like to hear the crowd, the hits, the players and coaches screaming - I don't want to mute games. But man I wish we had the option to just watch the game.

#getoffmywhatever #curmudgeon
When you go back and listen to the MNF with Cosell, Gifford and anybody else in there....sometimes they don't say a word for several seconds, allow their thoughts to gather and allow the crowd noise to tell some of the story. There are moments where nobody says a single word vs blathering "We heard about this all week, we knew they would do this"

The guys in the booth never shut up. There are some good ones or some broadcasters I find pleasant to listen to but many of the mainstream ones when there is only 1 game playing be it Thursday Night, Sunday Night, Monday Night, these games tend to have the worst crew and they always try and act like they were in all the film rooms and meeting rooms that week leading up to kickoff and its mostly horse sp!t. This is why Gruden was a breath of fresh air initially when he was on the MNF broadcast.

Romo is easy enough to listen to, wish they would replace Nance who is ancient and get someone as lively and interesting as Romo. And even Romo after a few more years removed from the NFL won't sound the same as he does now.

-NFL needs to do a better job of pushing some of these folks out to pasture and employing more young guys just coming off the field that can share things relevant and helpful to the audience.
-And Melissa Stark last night? Every time the poor female is asked to say a few words on the sidelines, it's always an emotional angle, something that the player had to fight thru the odds and it's a miracle they are even standing up straight right now...it gets old and I would say it's a bad look for females that they are always reporting on things that seem rather irrelevant in the moment of the football game.

Going into this game, I knew the Buffalo Bills were going to be able to put points on the board. What I was really pleased about was how the defense played . I selected the Bill D late in my draft and unfortunately also have the Miami Dolphins D as well on my team. The projections said the Dolphins were a better play so I went with that and benched the Bills D. Mistake #1 of many to come in the new FFB season for me.

The Bills however look poised on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball and if this keep up could make a very good run at the Super Bowl.

The Rams, while they were blown out still have a quality football team. The running game is still a concern for me, but the passing game with the likes of Cooper Kupp is top notch. The defense, even though they had a rough night, I think they will be fine in the long run. The Rams are still a playoff team.

Users who are viewing this thread