What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 2023 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

This is an impossible decision, so I’m here for one more data point to ensure I remain rudderless.

6pt TDs less than 10yds
9pt TDs between 10-39yds
12pt TDs 40+yds

Otherwise normal scoring setup.

Kyler, Fields, or should I just kill myself?

well I don't recommend the latter, firm believer that would leave a big hole in other people's lives

hmm given the parameters...

the only team that is worse at generating pressure than the Vikings per PFF is the Bears, who recently added Sweat

the Rams have the worst coverage grade (40.7) in the league by a comfortable margin, and they're 30th in tackling

the Vikings are 8th in coverage grade

looking at explosives, Fields has had a few games with 6 or more plays over 20

Kyler hasn't looked like that kind of player in awhile (Jonathon Gannon's sound effects notwithstanding)

I would go with Fields, with the understanding you should not feel confident about it

This is an impossible decision, so I’m here for one more data point to ensure I remain rudderless.

6pt TDs less than 10yds
9pt TDs between 10-39yds
12pt TDs 40+yds

Those scoring numbers may sway me towards Fields IF they include both rushing and passing TDS. They are very close in general but, from a rushing standpoint Fields is far more likely to break off a long one.

In most scoring formats I slightly, very slightly, lean towards Murray but in yours

Fields>Murray

Odell Beckham against the chargers or Drake London against the saints?
Surprisingly I think I like OBJ. Lamar is a much better QB than Ridder and the Saints are a much better defense than the Chargers (even if Lattimore is out).

OBJ was already playing surprisingly well and is on a bit of a hot streak. Coming off the bye maybe the Falcons have turned things around a little on offense but it still feels like a gamble

OBJ>London

Last edited:
Here's one:
FFPC scoring:

NEED a RB:
K.Williams @ AZ(just off ir)
A.Mattison vs Chi
T.Chandler vs Chi

Here's one:
FFPC scoring:

NEED a RB:
K.Williams @ AZ(just off ir)
A.Mattison vs Chi
T.Chandler vs Chi
They all carry a lot of risk IMO. So I would opt for Kyren as the Rams seem more likely to give GL opportunities to their RBs. Arizona is also a much better rushing matchup than Chicago.

PPR
G. Dortch vrs Rams
Ro. Moore vrs Rams
Moore only had one target last game while Dortch had a bunch. I don't know what to make of this. Anyone have any insight?

Poster earlier this week but need to sanity check.

Match up has me against Prescott, Waddle, MIA DEF, T Pollard and Aiyuk....so down pretty big w/ decent performances from Amon RA, Mostert & DAL D.

From this group, need 1 TE and 1 Flex (standard scoring w/ full PPR and TE can be flexed)

Kincaid
Mcbride
Amari Cooper
Josh Downs

I'm leaning Mcbride @ TE because my gut tells me BUF going to make a concerted effort to get the ball to Diggs.

Cois toss on FLEX...but feeling Downs w/ Minshew throwing it around

Thanks

PPR
G. Dortch vrs Rams
Ro. Moore vrs Rams
Moore only had one target last game while Dortch had a bunch. I don't know what to make of this. Anyone have any insight?
Everyone thought the Dortch had brain damage.

Sorry, that is always the first thing that comes to mind when I hear his name.

Moore's target last week was pretty significant. He also had two carries.

I don't ok now if he was hurt but Dortch played one snap total against the Falcons and Moore had eight targets.

I honestly have zero feel for the Arizona passing game but my gut says that Moore is still the best option.

Moore>Dortch

Poster earlier this week but need to sanity check.

Match up has me against Prescott, Waddle, MIA DEF, T Pollard and Aiyuk....so down pretty big w/ decent performances from Amon RA, Mostert & DAL D.

From this group, need 1 TE and 1 Flex (standard scoring w/ full PPR and TE can be flexed)

Kincaid
Mcbride
Amari Cooper
Josh Downs

I'm leaning Mcbride @ TE because my gut tells me BUF going to make a concerted effort to get the ball to Diggs.

Cois toss on FLEX...but feeling Downs w/ Minshew throwing it around

Thanks
I think I still like both McBride and Kincaid over Cooper & Downs.

But I can see rolling with Downs easily.

Hello, thanks for your advice!

Full 1pt ppr 12-man league. Who do I start this week: Chase or Kupp?
If he plays, in full PPR I roll with Kupp and don't think much about it.

Browning may lock in on Chase, and Higgins is out but I just see too much uncertainty around both teams for me to get a feel for them.

Kupp playing is as good a bet as anything.

Full PPR...Need 1:

J. Cook @ Phi
K. Williams vs Ari

I had Cook in pending news on Williams being activated. Now I'm leaning Williams despite McVay basically saying KW would be on a pitch count. Hell, Cook isn't an every down back either.

Full PPR...Need 1:

J. Cook @ Phi
K. Williams vs Ari

I had Cook in pending news on Williams being activated. Now I'm leaning Williams despite McVay basically saying KW would be on a pitch count. Hell, Cook isn't an every down back either.
I like Williams. Phili def. line is stout to say the least.

6pt TDs less than 10yds
9pt TDs between 10-39yds
12pt TDs 40+yds

Marquise Brown was LP Wed, then DNP Thu and Fri with a heel injury. Scheffter says this morning that Brown is expected to play. So I think odds of a long TD are diminished for Kyler. Although the connection between Brown and Murray has been off any way, so maybe not a significant change in that regard. The long TD last week went to Rondale Moore (for his only catch of the game).

Full PPR...Need 1:

J. Cook @ Phi
K. Williams vs Ari

Yeah, I'm only hesitant with Cook because of how much usage he got last game with the new OC. But most everything points to Kyren.

Kyren>Cook

.5 ppr (it’s funny when people list whether it’s .5 or full ppr then ask about which QB to start lol)

Just need one.

Dobbs vs NYG’s awful pass d
Downs vs TB’s awful pass d
Or Addison vs CHI.

.5 PPR, 1 per 10 yards, 6 per td with 2 point bonus for long tds over 40 yds - Need 1 Flex:

C Kupp @ AZ
J Cook @ Phi

Matchup projection against my opponent is close at the moment and both of these guys have similar projections. PHI run d was gashed last week by KC but they solid week to week otherwise.

.5 ppr (it’s funny when people list whether it’s .5 or full ppr then ask about which QB to start lol)

Just need one.

Or Addison vs CHI.
Dobbs? The Patriots play the Giants. Did you mean Douglas the WR for the Pats?

If it's Dobbs the QB for Minnesota then start him.

If not I start Addison over Downs (& Douglas) until I know which Dobbs you mean.

Just need one.

Or Addison vs CHI.
Dobbs? The Patriots play the Giants. Did you mean Douglas the WR for the Pats?

If it's Dobbs the QB for Minnesota then start him.

If not I start Addison over Downs (& Douglas) until I know which Dobbs you mean.
Downs. Yes. Thank you.

.5 PPR, 1 per 10 yards, 6 per td with 2 point bonus for long tds over 40 yds - Need 1 Flex:

C Kupp @ AZ
J Cook @ Phi

Matchup projection against my opponent is close at the moment and both of these guys have similar projections. PHI run d was gashed last week by KC but they solid week to week otherwise.
If Kupp plays I think you have to start him. Simple as that.

I like Cook but I'm not willing to let one half of football change my perception of a season's worth of data suggesting the Eagles have an elite run D.

Need 2 : PPR, TE Premium

Keaton Mitchell, BAL RB @ LAC
Isaiah Likely, BAL TE @ LAC
Greg Dortch, ARI WR vs LAR

Need 2 : PPR, TE Premium

Keaton Mitchell, BAL RB @ LAC
Isaiah Likely, BAL TE @ LAC
Greg Dortch, ARI WR vs LAR
Honestly I have no earthly idea. I think Mitchell would be my first option because he's so fun to watch and seems able to score at any moment.

After that...it's a real coin toss. I probably roll the dice on Likely because it's TE premium but I have zero confidence in that.

PPR

Kareem Hunt vs Den

or

J Cook vs Phi?
In this case I may go with the volume play and hope Cook's usage from last week holds.

I think Denver is playing a lot better than people give them credit for and Hunt is in a time share.

Cook is just more versatile particularly in PPR.

Cook>Hunt

Do I dare bench Chase for Kyren?
I could see doing that. Not sure I would but I can see it. I have said multiple times that I can't get a read on the Pit/Cin game. Maybe Browning peppers Chase with targets but will they be quality targets? IDK

Ultimately, I would probably be conservative on the call, but I can definitely see it.

Chase>Kyren

This would settle about 3 lineup calls.

Ford, Javonte or Warren?
So I just got a sleeperbot that Pickens & Warren are expected to see more opportunities.

He was already playing well enough to consider so I probably roll with him. It's also, prob the best matchup, even if I have concerns Cincinnati has a rally game or two after losing Burrow.

After that I probably go with Javonte because he's also on a bit of a roll. Tough matchup but I think Denver is playing well and gaining momentum.

I'm a little worried Ford may lose a few more opportunities and that DTR isn't good enough to keep a safety out of the front.

Warren>Javonte>Ford

Chase: 12.x
Nico: 28 (got his 5 point bonus)

All good - I’m up by 60 with Hock left. Opponent has. K & Pacheco left. Should be a 🔒

Users who are viewing this thread