What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (2 Viewers)

'CletiusMaximus said:
'urbanhack said:
'Officer Pete Malloy said:
'urbanhack said:
'Officer Pete Malloy said:
Sierra Nevada Torpedo. Meh.About the only thing I saw at the supermarket that looked decent.
Could be old if it doesn't taste all that great.
It's Sierra Nevada. That's why it doesn't taste all that great.
Sierra Nevada makes some pretty good beer. :shrug:
Oh it's good but it's nothing to write home about.
Obviously it's a matter of personal taste, but for me Sierra Nevada is the best American brewery and one to which all beer geeks enjoying the current unprecedented golden age of American beer owe a huge debt of gratitude. It's one thing to sell $12 bombers to a limited local market, which many great brewers do every day across the country. I just bought a case of Celebration, one of the very few best American ipa's money can buy, imo, in Milwaukee WI for a buck a bottle. That is a great accomplishment any way you look at it. Their lineup is very good to great, top to bottom in my opinion. The legendary pale ale, torpedo, tumbler, big foot, narwhal, ruthless rye, all great beers. The summerfest is probably the only one I've found to be disappointing,
My father in law built them their hot water heating system, so you can thank my family for all that delicious beer.

Just found out a bar near me has Bell's Black Note Bourbon Barrel Aged Stout, a blend of Expedition Stout and Double Cream Stout and then ages it in freshly retired oak bourbon barrels for a few months. This is a must.

Just found out a bar near me has Bell's Black Note Bourbon Barrel Aged Stout, a blend of Expedition Stout and Double Cream Stout and then ages it in freshly retired oak bourbon barrels for a few months. This is a must.
I had Black Note for the first time this summer. Good beer. I kinda like regular Expo better tbh.

I had Black Note for the first time this summer. Good beer. I kinda like regular Expo better tbh.
Even still, couldn't hurt try it. I am also heading to a Bell's Hops tasting in 2 weeks. Freshly tapped Hopslam, Oracle, Hopsoulution, Harvest Ale, and This One Goes to 11 Imperial Red.

Even still, couldn't hurt try it. I am also heading to a Bell's Hops tasting in 2 weeks. Freshly tapped Hopslam, Oracle, Hopsoulution, Harvest Ale, and This One Goes to 11 Imperial Red.
Oh yeah, definitely worth a try for sure.

On my way to Chicago and plan to atop at Binnys to get some beer nit available in Michigan. Any recommendations for Smuttynose, Clownshoes, or Central Waters? I am going to get Daisy Cutters for sure. Any other recommendations?

On my way to Chicago and plan to atop at Binnys to get some beer nit available in Michigan. Any recommendations for Smuttynose, Clownshoes, or Central Waters? I am going to get Daisy Cutters for sure. Any other recommendations?
Central Waters recently released their bourbon barrel stout,try to obtain a 4 pack if possible. Sorry I can't speak for the others, we get Clownshoes in Wisconsin, but have yet to try some.

Smuttynose and Clown Shoes have some good beers. Smutty has a nice Robust Porter, Big A is good. Smuttonator and their Imperial Stout are good, but the imp stout is really no different than the hordes of other ones you can find. I do recommend Smuttonator above the others if you like doppelbocks.I've had a handful of Clown Shoes beers. Blaecorn Unidragon, Hoppy Feet are both good. I've had Tramp Stamp and maybe 2 or 3 others. They're pretty solid and reasonably priced.

CHRISTMAS TIME!!!!!

That means one thign - PECHE MORTEL is in stock outside of Montreal!!!!

This is the best gift I can ask for outside of the rare occasion I can find this outside of its home.

Dieu Du Ciel, you filthy *******

stock up on Revolution Anti-Hero IPA, it's in cans. I'd also recommend their Double Fist in a bomber.Look for The Devil Made Me Do It from Tyrannena. It's outstanding!

Never heard of Devil Made Me Do It. Coffee Imperial Oatmeal porter? That sounds like something I'd love. Thanks for the heads up.

For Central Waters, since I am partial to coffee stouts if you can find Brewhouse Coffee Stout I would get it. Not sure if it is out yet. I like Eagle Claw Fist from Clown Shoes. Grab any Three Floyds you find though it is likely to be gone at Binnys except for maybe a few bombers. Urbanhack already mentioned Anti-Hero. Everything I had from Pipeworks has been damn good too.

Tonight Alpha King and Merry Mischief. Not sure what to expect on the latter.

Also, thanks to all who responded on my BCCS question. :thumbup:

Thanks for all the responses, much appreciated. I will let you know what I find tomorrow.

I just had Merry Mischief, I quite enjoyed it. Very sweet, tastes like a gingerbread cookie.

Billy's Chilies from Twisted Pine Brewery (Boulder). Brewed with Anaheim, Fresno, Serrano, Jalapeño, & Habanero peppers. A little spicy but great with mexican food or anything spicy

Growler of lagunitas brown shugga. Tried for the first time in Chattanooga over thanksgiving. Great taste and packs a wallop.

'Soulfly3 said:
CHRISTMAS TIME!!!!!That means one thign - PECHE MORTEL is in stock outside of Montreal!!!!This is the best gift I can ask for outside of the rare occasion I can find this outside of its home.Dieu Du Ciel, you filthy *******
:thumbup: love Peche Mortel, an all-time favorite of mine.

three philosophers- ommegangmaudite- unibroue
Big fan of 3 Philosophers. And it is becoming more abundant around where I live in PA. I would put it on my all time list. Never had Maudite, but I have had Trois Pistoles by Unibroue and liked it very much.
Gonna try a Troegs Mad Elf everyone keeps raving about.
Woah great beer. Strong as #### though. Should've stopped at one.
Also a big fan of Mad Elf. I would put that on my all time list too. Yes, it is strong. I live in Harrisburg where Troegs is (was) brewed. They moved their whole operation to Hershey PA which is not far away. Troegs is also making a new brew called Scratch #82 described below:
Belgian Style Triple is released today! Brewed with 450lbs. of local PA honey and Westmalle yeast, our latest Scratch Triple is subtly sweet and quite earthy. Triples are known to be stealthy brews, and Scratch #82 is no exception. You have been duly warned! Availability: cases, six-packs, growlers, and draft.
I usually like Triples so I am going to give that a shot. I also heard of a brew Troegs is making call Mad Dreams. I think it is half Mad Elf and half Dreamweaver. I believe Dreamweaver is basically a wheat beer.I visited Indianapolis, IN for work last week and went to a restaurant calle The Black Swan and they make all their own beers. Had a beer called Roggenwine. It was excellent. Reminded me a lot of 3 Philosophers. I am definitely a malty beer fan. I don't care for the whole IPA craze at all. Roggenwine definitely fits the malty profile. Reminded me of a barleywine.As for news on the PA beer front. I can go to 2 grocery stores nearby and buy six packs and big bottles now. There is a Wegmans in the Carlisle area, and the Giant grocery store in Harrisburg now sells six packs too. Wegmans has an excellent selection. Giant is not as good as Wegmans but is not far behind. They carry 3 Philosophers and all the other Ommegang beers so it gets good grades on my list.

Billy's Chilies from Twisted Pine Brewery (Boulder). Brewed with Anaheim, Fresno, Serrano, Jalapeño, & Habanero peppers. A little spicy but great with mexican food or anything spicy
Had Twisted Pine's Espresso Stout at a beer fest in Phila last month. Never had the brewery before and not really a stout guy, but I thought that it was excellent.

I visited Indianapolis, IN for work last week and went to a restaurant calle The Black Swan and they make all their own beers. Had a beer called Roggenwine. It was excellent. Reminded me a lot of 3 Philosophers. I am definitely a malty beer fan. I don't care for the whole IPA craze at all. Roggenwine definitely fits the malty profile. Reminded me of a barleywine.
By the name, it is probably a barleywine made with a large amount of rye in place of some of the barley. "Roggen" = rye (German)

I visited Indianapolis, IN for work last week and went to a restaurant calle The Black Swan and they make all their own beers. Had a beer called Roggenwine. It was excellent. Reminded me a lot of 3 Philosophers. I am definitely a malty beer fan. I don't care for the whole IPA craze at all. Roggenwine definitely fits the malty profile. Reminded me of a barleywine.
By the name, it is probably a barleywine made with a large amount of rye in place of some of the barley. "Roggen" = rye (German)
Check your PMs!

Miller Lite tonight. Yeah its somewhat boring and what not. But Im a 6pack in and liking where Im at so far. I'll check back after another 6....

Okay FBG's, who's in?

My Link
I would have been in had I know that it went on sale. Its going online anywhere from $500-$1000 for a sixer :shock: retailed for $85 and sold out in minutes. Might have to take a trip to Belgium sometime.
Found a store in Alberta, Canada that has it and you can order it online, but they wont ship internationally :wall:
I've never had it either, but my "sources" ;) say it's not markedly better than, say, Rochefort 10 or St. Bernardus 12....so if you can get those, they're a fine substitute. I knew it was on sale but nowhere near here had it and I don't like to chase beers anymore. I would've bought some for $85 but not the ~$500 I've been seeing online.

Okay FBG's, who's in?

My Link
I would have been in had I know that it went on sale. Its going online anywhere from $500-$1000 for a sixer :shock: retailed for $85 and sold out in minutes. Might have to take a trip to Belgium sometime.
Found a store in Alberta, Canada that has it and you can order it online, but they wont ship internationally :wall:
I've never had it either, but my "sources" ;) say it's not markedly better than, say, Rochefort 10 or St. Bernardus 12....so if you can get those, they're a fine substitute. I knew it was on sale but nowhere near here had it and I don't like to chase beers anymore. I would've bought some for $85 but not the ~$500 I've been seeing online.
I would have paid $85, which isn't terrible with the two branded glasses given the scarcity, but no way would I wait in line for it or pay the secondary market prices.Drinking Celebration tonight.

Okay FBG's, who's in?

My Link
I've had it. I'd save the money and get one of the "cheaper" options you listed.

Okay FBG's, who's in?

My Link
I've had it. I'd save the money and get one of the "cheaper" options you listed.
Rochefort is a nice brew.

Okay FBG's, who's in?

My Link
Rochefort is a nice brew.
yeah it is. for whatever reason I haven't really done any of the belgian beers in a while.

I bought some while in Asheville NC on vacation a few months ago. Brought it home and had a 6 pack over a couple weeks.

Then went on a business trip, the clients invite me over to their house after dinner and he asks me 'You ever had a trapist ale?'

So after a couple bottles of wine at dinner, we sat in their back yard and drank Rocheforts till about 1am.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flying Bison Brindle Porter

3F/Half Acre Mutiny and the Mollusk

Friend's homebrew Christmas Stout

Labatt Blue Light x a million

Different friend's homebrew apfelwein

Users who are viewing this thread