What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who Are You Pushing the Panic Button On? (1 Viewer)

Guy that I'd be worried about a bit is Decker.

Thomas ((Demariyus) is still a beast and you know he's going to get his simply because of the physical talent there.

Welker has come in an seamlessly fit in with Manning and with him being so dangerous underneath, he's one of th best to do this.

Thomas (Julius) comes in and has a monster game. While this may be an aberration, it's another weapon in the DEN passing game for Manning to exploit.

In other words, I think Demariyus and Welker are going to settle into their respective roles which means they'll gobble up a signficant amount of targets. Julius may be hot and cold, but it's clear that he's a better weapon at TE than either Tamme/Dreesen were in 2012. And quite frankly, Decker looked a bit out of sorts. He can always come back strong and he'll have some good games by virtue of the offense he's in. But I could see him pulling back into the 850-900/7 TD range which is closer to WR3 that stud WR2.
Yeah Decker is in the same situation as James Jones. He will have some good games but good luck figuring out when that will be.

Guy that I'd be worried about a bit is Decker.

Thomas ((Demariyus) is still a beast and you know he's going to get his simply because of the physical talent there.

Welker has come in an seamlessly fit in with Manning and with him being so dangerous underneath, he's one of th best to do this.

Thomas (Julius) comes in and has a monster game. While this may be an aberration, it's another weapon in the DEN passing game for Manning to exploit.

In other words, I think Demariyus and Welker are going to settle into their respective roles which means they'll gobble up a signficant amount of targets. Julius may be hot and cold, but it's clear that he's a better weapon at TE than either Tamme/Dreesen were in 2012. And quite frankly, Decker looked a bit out of sorts. He can always come back strong and he'll have some good games by virtue of the offense he's in. But I could see him pulling back into the 850-900/7 TD range which is closer to WR3 that stud WR2.
I have thought this all along, Welker is going to be the redzone guy for manning, he's such a smart player as is Manning, they are perfect for each other in short yardage/goalline situations. I think Decker will still have some decent games but he's going ot woefully underperform his ADP and last year's stats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless your player pulled a David Wilson/Ridley there's no need to panic, and even then it's still week 1. These threads are usually really good way to gauge who may be a premiere buy-low, so they're definitely useful but also totally ridiculous.
good post...agree 100%.

Seriously

Roddy White - I was lead on that he was fine and after his no show today I'm worried

Dave Wilson

Lynch but I knew today was going to be a tough match up; Car has awesome LBs

Matt Ryan, NO cut though that O-line like swiss cheese
Roddy White has a high ankle sprain. There is no need to panic. But there is also no reason to play him in your lineup for about 3 more weeks.
really got no choice, hes my WR1

Wilson will get another chance - I'd buy low. There is no one else on the roster to challenge him and Scott made a bonehead play and cost NY the game. Wilson bounced back from this last yr and will be fine.

Giants coach Tom Coughlin was noncommittal when asked if David Wilson will start in Week 2.
Wilson was benched in the second half of Sunday night's game after losing two fumbles and struggling in pass protection. "Give us a little time to work on this thing. He's still very much in our thoughts. He's got to play." Coughlin said. "He's a very talented young man but you just can't do that. Every time they touch the ball you're going to turn it over? The plays looked like they were over to me." It sounds like Coughlin will give Wilson another chance, possibly as soon as Week 2. He knows they can't win with Da'Rel Scott playing every down. "We will get [Wilson] right even if he has to run around the field with two balls," the coach added. "We need him!" Andre Brown (leg) isn't eligible to return until Week 10.

Any guys on the panthers?

or the touch match up is a pass for cam and smith. smith had a nice little day though
Yeah tough matchup, and Cam likely would have scored more if DWill didn't have that last fumble on the 10ish yard line. Also Cam started a little slow last year too. He's at BUF next week, I suspect he will have a nice day.
Hope this is the case but consider me extremely underwhelmed by Mike Shula. Offense looked stale as hell.

For MJD and Blackmon owners...is it better with Gabbert or Henne at QB? I know they both suck though
Henne for sure, hes at least a replacement level QB, freakin Gabbert shouldnt even be holding a clipboard
What he said. Gabbert is not an NFL QB. Jesus, he threw at least one pass right to a wide open defender.
I saw that. Thats usually the WRs fault
Unless your name is Gabbert, Ponder or Sanchez

I might be the only one to panic about a player who had a solid day yesterday and that's Amendola. A guy who is legitamitely "injury prone". he is already dealing with a groin injury. A groin injury that he dealt with in preseason and that kept him out of a portion of yesterday's game. Amendola is a tough kid and he is going to play through the pain until he ultimately can't go anymore. But there is no "if he can stay healthy" tag with him now as much as there's a "when will he not be healthy enough to play" one.

I would like to know who in the Jags organization said "yeah, Gabbert gives us the best chance to win over Henne". Is there a worse QB in the NFL right now than Blaine Gabbart? I just hope he's gone by the time Blackmon comes back in week 5.

I might be the only one to panic about a player who had a solid day yesterday and that's Amendola. A guy who is legitamitely "injury prone". he is already dealing with a groin injury. A groin injury that he dealt with in preseason and that kept him out of a portion of yesterday's game. Amendola is a tough kid and he is going to play through the pain until he ultimately can't go anymore. But there is no "if he can stay healthy" tag with him now as much as there's a "when will he not be healthy enough to play" one.
I hear you on that one... I didn't have him on any of my teams and it made me wince every time he got crunched going over the middle. No way that guy lasts 16 games.

I hear you on that one... I didn't have him on any of my teams and it made me wince every time he got crunched going over the middle. No way that guy lasts 16 games.
It's not even that. He had an injured groin and re-injured it. Lingering injuries are really bad. They tempt you to play them and then they put up duds. Looks at Miles Austin last year after week 9. Put up 41/637/4 in the first 8, and 25/306/2 in the last 8. Lingering injuries are the worst.

did anyone mention T-Rich? another under 4.0 YPC day and seriously wondering if he was worth 1st dynasty overall
Nah, I think Miami is a good defense and they made Weeden beat them which he couldn't do. It was a good game plan by Miami. 53 pass attempts vs. 13 rush attempts. It won't be like that every week.

Has anyone else mentioned Ridley yet? :sarcasm:

I thought he was one of the safest RB2 picks around. We always knew Vereen was going to be in the mix, and I'm OK with that as long as Ridley still does his ground pound thing. I was targeting him for 1,100 yards and 11 TDs. As long as he can still bank that I'll be OK.

I would like to know who in the Jags organization said "yeah, Gabbert gives us the best chance to win over Henne". Is there a worse QB in the NFL right now than Blaine Gabbart? I just hope he's gone by the time Blackmon comes back in week 5.
Henne?

In no particular order:

Sudfeld (utterly worthless, will be starting Finley from now on)

Forte (didn't expect much from my second round pick and he didn't deliver much)

Rice (hopefully he does better when the opposing QB doesn't throw 7 TDs)

Dez Bryant

Tony Romo (if he's injured I'm even more screwed)

Given the fact that my league has 12 teams and 18 roster spots per team (and trades almost never happen), waivers will be next to worthless this year. I'm hoping this past Sunday was an aberration, otherwise it looks like I'll be throwing in the towel early for the first time in almost 15 years. Funny enough, I spent more time researching all the players this year and this was one of the worst opening weekends I've ever had - it didn't help that my opponent had Kaepernick and Jared Cook who posted career highs. I love football, but I hate hate hate days like yesterday

In no particular order:

Dez Bryant

Given the fact that my league has 12 teams and 18 roster spots per team (and trades almost never happen), waivers will be next to worthless this year. I'm hoping this past Sunday was an aberration, otherwise it looks like I'll be throwing in the towel early for the first time in almost 15 years. Funny enough, I spent more time researching all the players this year and this was one of the worst opening weekends I've ever had - it didn't help that my opponent had Kaepernick and Jared Cook who posted career highs. I love football, but I hate hate hate days like yesterday
Forte had 90 total yards and a TD. That hardly counts as not delivering much from a second rounder.

While I'm not pushing the panic button, I don't understand why Trent Richardson only had 13 carries. It was a 13-10 game at the beginning of the 4th quarter, so the argument of Cleveland being behind so much that they had to abandon the run really doesn't apply here.

Combine this with Weeden throwing 53 times. Baffling.

Panicking:

Lamar Miller/Daniel Thomas

Mike Wallace (WHY!?!?!)

Cause for concern:

David Wilson

Rudolph

Cam Newton

Buying:

Dez

Trent

Spiller

While I'm not pushing the panic button, I don't understand why Trent Richardson only had 13 carries. It was a 13-10 game at the beginning of the 4th quarter, so the argument of Cleveland being behind so much that they had to abandon the run really doesn't apply here.

Combine this with Weeden throwing 53 times. Baffling.
I didn't watch the game but I'd expect that they probably had 9 in the box daring them to throw. Might be able to get away with it for one more week until Gordon returns. I'd expect he'll get more touches next game.

xpac said:

In standard scoring these guys are ranked 6th and 8th in week 1 (pending whatever happens tonight); in PPR they're 5th and 7th. Even if they both get bumped down a few spots my McCoy, Foster, etc. tonight, they're still both top 10-12 RBs for the week. Granted they weren't stellar performances but you presumably drafted them as RB1 and they were both RB1s this week.

KellysHeroes said:
Veeren out a few weeks, Ridley owners saved
You have to wonder how this affects Brady. I watched a good portion of that game and the offense largely seemed to be in disarray save a couple solid performances from Vereen, Edelman and Amedola.

Vereen is now out for a handful of weeks and Amendola for all his talent is a cut away from IR (seriously hope this doesn't happen, had a blast watching him).

Gronk needs to come back ASAP and Thompkins needs to do better than 4-14. I'll be watching this situation closely over the next couple weeks.

ponchsox said:
xpac said:
In no particular order:

Dez Bryant

Forte had 90 total yards and a TD. That hardly counts as not delivering much from a second rounder.
Not to mention it was far from a plus match-up. CIN will be stuffing a lot of RBs this year. When it's all said and done, Forte will likely have had one of the better performances vs. CIN from a fantasy perspective. Some of the people in this thread seriously need a little perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread