What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (5 Viewers)

I’m generally a big fan of the Mayhem commercials. That said, the latest one makes no sense. Who is going to damage their own car because a parking lot attendant told them to park somewhere? Just dumb. 

I got the impression the surprise new pizza wasn’t on the same day but maybe I misinterpreted 
Agreed. In the commercial it looks like a surprise visit some other night.

Now customers are going to think they’ll get a surprise pizza if they complain, and be disappointed when they don’t. Seems like the ad creates false flawed pizza claims (insurance fraud) followed by angry customers. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This Anora commercial is the worst because of the song.  First off, I was a kid in the 70's, I always hated the original version of that awful song but my God it's even worse with the new singer, especially the guy at the end, he sounds like he's singing through his nose with a nasal infection.  Honestly, it's like nails on a chalkboard at this point and naturally they play it over and over and over again.  Pretty brutal.

This Anora commercial is the worst because of the song.  First off, I was a kid in the 70's, I always hated the original version of that awful song but my God it's even worse with the new singer, especially the guy at the end, he sounds like he's singing through his nose with a nasal infection.  Honestly, it's like nails on a chalkboard at this point and naturally they play it over and over and over again.  Pretty brutal.
 "Side effects may include hearing awful cover versions of songs of the 70's".

Burger King's Cheesy Tots.

In one commercial, the stupid kid says "I like snacks..."

REALLY? YOU LIKE SNACKS? THAT'S A PRETTY BRAVE STATEMENT THERE, BUDDY. WELL GUESS WHAT? YOU'RE IN LUCK. BECAUSE WE AT BURGER KING HAVE CREATED A FOOD PRODUCT THAT IS SPECIFICALLY ENGINEERED TO CATER TO THE TINY MINORITY OF THE POPULATION WHO ADMIT TO ENJOYING A SNACK. IT'S A GOOD THING THAT WE COMMISSIONED THIS 'MAN ON THE STREET' SURVEY OR ELSE WE NEVER WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANYONE IN THE WORLD WHO LIKES SNACKS.

In the other commercial, the same stupid kid says "A dollar? I got my full meal just from these Cheesy Tots!"

THERE ARE FOUR TOTS IN THE BAG. THAT'S NOT A FULL MEAL.
"That's a lot of cheese for one dollar!"

These dbags who think it's okay to play golf in the city need to be dealt with.  "whachu wanna do?"  "I dunno, whachu wanna do?"  "Hey let's not start that again."   "Hey, I know, let's drive some golf balls off our building and yuck it up.... we'll find a sewer drain somewhere to putt in and then we'll go get some crappy beer."  "yay! That sounds cool!"

Jayrok said:

These dbags who think it's okay to play golf in the city need to be dealt with.

I do appreciate the new quota system for ethnic friends in Commercial World. It used to be "one black guy for every three white guys", but now it seems to be "one black guy and one Asian guy for every two white guys".

Progress!

Burger King's Cheesy Tots.

In one commercial, the stupid kid says "I like snacks..."

REALLY? YOU LIKE SNACKS? THAT'S A PRETTY BRAVE STATEMENT THERE, BUDDY. WELL GUESS WHAT? YOU'RE IN LUCK. BECAUSE WE AT BURGER KING HAVE CREATED A FOOD PRODUCT THAT IS SPECIFICALLY ENGINEERED TO CATER TO THE TINY MINORITY OF THE POPULATION WHO ADMIT TO ENJOYING A SNACK. IT'S A GOOD THING THAT WE COMMISSIONED THIS 'MAN ON THE STREET' SURVEY OR ELSE WE NEVER WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANYONE IN THE WORLD WHO LIKES SNACKS.

In the other commercial, the same stupid kid says "A dollar? I got my full meal just from these Cheesy Tots!"

THERE ARE FOUR TOTS IN THE BAG. THAT'S NOT A FULL MEAL.
Four "tater" tots.  

For a dollar.  

I keep saying that to myself ...mystified at how several levels of a successful fast food management company thought that this kind of value is deserving of a major promotion.  

While using the lead "I like snacks."

I've only seen it a couple of times, but since the cars as Christmas presents season is upon us, I'm going to reference the new (Chevy?) commercial where people are now giving cars to themselves for Christmas.  One chick even says, "I Secret Santa'd myself"  Ugh. :wall:   :wall:  

Pizza insurance- they give you a free pizza if they screw up your pizza. Sample screw up: online complaint that the toppings were wrong. “We’re going to expedite this next order!”  Then they surprise the customer with her free insurance pizza. 

If it’s a surprise why’d they expedite it?  They probably screwed up the first time due to moving too fast. You’d think they’d take their time and do this one right. 

Four "tater" tots.  

For a dollar.  

I keep saying that to myself ...mystified at how several levels of a successful fast food management company thought that this kind of value is deserving of a major promotion.  

While using the lead "I like snacks."
Plus, quite frankly, when they have the extreme closeup of the breaking of the cheesy tot, they look disgusting

That BMW commercial with the dancing millennials.

I hate everyone and everything associated with that commercial. 

The expressionless girl dancing up to the car to unlock it with her phone - HOW IS THAT EASIER THAN KEYLESS ENTRY???

The mumbly singing in the background song - I CAN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD HE'S SINGING!!

The idiot's doing lame dance moves in the street

I WILL NEVER BUY A BMW BECAUSE OF THIS COMMERCIAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqUoLkQ2ym0
I clicked this, watched this, and threw up a little bit.   Hadn't see it before......What a horrible horrible thing.  

That kind of dancing to me looks like they are having seizures

Has to have been mentioned but 

Bud Light Platinum

First off...So what 

Second..the stuuuuuuuupiiiiiiddddd  knight in armor thing.  Ugh..Budweiser is terrible at trying to be funny, I think they always have been.

Bud Light Platinum

First off...So what 

Second..the stuuuuuuuupiiiiiiddddd  knight in armor thing.  Ugh..Budweiser is terrible at trying to be funny, I think they always have been.
Bud should just stick to their giant horses clomping thru the snow.

Fully 50% of the audience watching the Amazon commercial during SNF last night have no idea where that song is from. 

#3OrangeWhips

Bud Light Platinum

First off...So what 

And do they ever tell us what makes it platinum?  I’ve seen the commercials 4 dillion times and haven’t noticed

And do they ever tell us what makes it platinum?  I’ve seen the commercials 4 dillion times and haven’t noticed
Cause they said so.  Don't you EVER doubt the Budweiser marketing machine.   Ever.

This is the entity that brought you...Bud Light Lime-a-rita,  and dilly dilly and watched America suck it up through a straw.  

The VW commercial where some millennial tw@t-wad is walking through the city looking down at his phone, oblivious to the world... making a group of runners part him like the Red Sea, only to escape getting run over by some soccer mom because her VW has the backup camera with warnings.  

That one's great. 

The VW commercial where some millennial tw@t-wad is walking through the city looking down at his phone, oblivious to the world... making a group of runners part him like the Red Sea, only to escape getting run over by some soccer mom because her VW has the backup camera with warnings.  

That one's great. 
In a similar vein I find the current one for some alexa/headphones thingie where the guy is walking around asking them questions about haircare annoying. Is that where we're going as a society - everyone bumbling around in public talking to their headphones?

The combination of lazy and stupid customers has proven to be a true goldmine for big businesses. Many are paranoid of the government but why enslave people when you can just trick them into giving away their money and not to have to think for themselves?

The combination of lazy and stupid customers has proven to be a true goldmine for big businesses. Many are paranoid of the government but why enslave people when you can just trick them into giving away their money and not to have to think for themselves?
In all seriousness, it's why I don't have one and don't plan on getting one.

That one's great. 
"There is someone... walking behind you... turn arooooound, look at meeeeee..."   

Catchy tune.  

The Ring doorbell ad where the two would be thieves are slowly approaching the porch in broad daylight. 

"This one looks like it could be a nice haul... oh wait.  It has a Ring!"  Then the CPA at the corporate gym scares them away.  "I'd run away... right now gentlemen!"  

His haughtiness is an invitation for them to come back after midnight and throw some bricks through some windows.  Or come back another day and sneak up out of view with black paint to cover the doorbell.  

The Ring doorbell ad where the two would be thieves are slowly approaching the porch in broad daylight. 

"This one looks like it could be a nice haul... oh wait.  It has a Ring!"  Then the CPA at the corporate gym scares them away.  "I'd run away... right now gentlemen!"  

His haughtiness is an invitation for them to come back after midnight and throw some bricks through some windows.  Or come back another day and sneak up out of view with black paint to cover the doorbell.  
Plus the guy's physique indicates it must be his first day at the gym. He's so soft and doughy

The commercial where the guy buys a GMC truck and SUV for he and his wife for Christmas and she takes the truck.   First off they play it 100 times a day and secondly it is a repeat of a commercial they had last year
Wife: Here hubby, I bought us each a watch.
Husband: Nice.  I bought you an SUV and me a pickup.
Wife: Too bad, I want the pickup.  Enjoy your watch.

Is the Dominos pizza insurance something you have to pay for or is it included? I shouldn't pay more to make sure they don't mess it up.
And the carryout insurance to make sure they'll replace it if I'm stupid and drop it?

I don't order from there already and these commercials solidify that desire to never order.

Users who are viewing this thread