What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (2 Viewers)

He's really hurt. Ball has no velocity behind it. They should just bench him for the year, tank and fire that idiot Dirk. 
It's strange

I thought he was really hurt a few weeks ago.  Then he has that nice game at Buffalo.  Then 2 straight stinkers.  If he's that hurt, sit him down and let him get healthy.  

It's strange

I thought he was really hurt a few weeks ago.  Then he has that nice game at Buffalo.  Then 2 straight stinkers.  If he's that hurt, sit him down and let him get healthy.  
Previous 2 weeks he didn't practice at all except light tossing on Friday. Played the whole game each week but it was noticeable he was hurt. Then this week he practices all week and can't complete the game. 

Feels like Dirk and Light are putting his health ahead of things in order to save their jobs, which are done now anyways. 

Previous 2 weeks he didn't practice at all except light tossing on Friday. Played the whole game each week but it was noticeable he was hurt. Then this week he practices all week and can't complete the game. 

Feels like Dirk and Light are putting his health ahead of things in order to save their jobs, which are done now anyways. 
It does feel that way.  Which is dead wrong.  

Whether he is a franchise QB or not is still up for debate but I think we can all agree that he will not be a motivational speaker in his next career...that is embarrassing...

This guy has murdered Evans and Martin. I have to seriously think of benching Evans for Shepard because of this jackass. Unreal. 

It's strange

Prior to the Buffalo game he was dealing with AC joint sprain. In the Buffalo game it is believed he suffered a rotator cuff strain.

Doc Chao believes he took a hit in the second quarter yesterday which re-aggravated the initial AC joint sprain.

So in summary he's been dealing with two shoulder issues, trying to gut it out and re-aggravated one of the injuries yesterday.

But to your point on the last line he should not be playing right now and it's kind of irresponsible treatment of your franchise QB to put him out there when he's dealing with two shoulder issues, especially when the shoulder issues are impacting his ability to throw.

None of this is to brush aside his poor decisions making, but he is trying to play through multiple injuries and it's impacting his ability to pass.

I feel there are a lot of salty TB skill position owners that are throwing dirt on Jameis.

Kid has been playing through injury the past 3 weeks, one that isn't pleasant to play through as a QB. Perhaps Dirk and Licht are forcing the issue. 

He obviously needs to improve mentally but the kid is still a full year younger than Wentz. Plenty of time to improve. 

He has gone as far as his physical ability can take him...now he has to develop the mental ability to take the next step...Unfortunately as we were reminded yesterday that is highly unlikely to happen...He has and continues to make bad decisions in all facets of his life.
Name another qb that would have done what he did yesterday?

Get pissed and talk--- tons of them. But to follow him and poke him in the head to point him away. down 30-3? I can't think of one? 

He stinks. 

Grahamburn said:
I can’t defend him today. 
C'mon over to the winning side. There's no shame in admitting that this guy is a bust. I've beat many at QB analysis. Carr, Tebow, Vince Young (that one took a while), Russell. The only reason my 3 year projection isn't going to happen is because they won't give up yet even though they want to. This will hurt them even more as some quality QBs are coming out this year.

What’s the point of shutting him down for “a few weeks?” Just shut him down for the season. He needs to take a step back and evaluate some things. 

As an Eagles fan, I remember the excitement when Nick Foles had his 27 TD, 2 int year.  Finding a QB is the hardest thing to do I thought we found our guy. Took a lot of bad games the following year to realize that he was not the guy and we were back to the drawing board. I'm getting that sense when I watch Winston. He showed a few flashes that made it seem like he might be a good one, but this year, he's taken the road that Foles took and he's looking like a very average player. Add to that, his obvious mental shortcomings, and I think the Bucs may be back to looking QB in this year's draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's not a bust yet. Not even close.

That said, I don't think he has the personality or temperament to be a longtime franchise QB.  A franchise QB has to have the maturity and brains to not go on the field and provoke a brawl by poking an opponent in the back of his head.  Can you imagine Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, etc. EVER doing something like that? 

Crazed look in his eyes? lol Video was weird, but concerning? I will never get over the high expectations of people who play football for a living. Brees does a weird chant that means nothing before a game, I would think a stud QB doing a jibberish chant would be concerning, but I remember these guys get bashed int he head for a living.

Easy drop for me.  Was able to get Roethlisberger instead.  Maybe Big Ben can be a little more consistent for me.

#Bucs  QB Jameis Winston visited Dr. James Andrews in Pensacola yesterday, according to the Pensacola News Journal

let's all keep pretending he's not hurt and just sucks though :thumbup:  

#Bucs  QB Jameis Winston visited Dr. James Andrews in Pensacola yesterday, according to the Pensacola News Journal

let's all keep pretending he's not hurt and just sucks though :thumbup:  
He has always been one. Now he's both. Bucs would be wise to cut him and grab one of the top guys coming out. They blew it with this pick. Could have waited and had Wentz or Goff. Lets see if they make another huge mistake, hang their careers on this guy and let other teams also pass them by with better QBs. My guess is they stick with a loser.

They need to review the crazy pregame video and see if he got his hand stuck in his mouth and tore something in his shoulder trying to pull it out.  

Headbutts, pre game going nuts, poking other players, gonna miss his antics. Too bad Ringling Bros closed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jameis Winston (shoulder) visited Dr. James Andrews on Tuesday.

Winston calls it "standard protocol," but anytime a player visits Andrews it's reason for concern. The plan for now is Winston rests for a couple weeks and then goes from there. It's possible we don't see him again this season.
Ruh Roh

Dr James Andrews is never "standard protocol" - would anyone be shocked to hear the words "shoulder surgery" in the next few weeks? 

Bucs say it was "precautionary".

Nothing to worry about here. Move along.
Dr James Andrews is never "precautionary". 

Remember when we all thought "oh, he confirmed Sam Bradford's knee didn't have any further damage - whew, dodged a bullet there!"  - I was one of them. And it was considered incredibly rare to hear a non-fatal diagnosis from Dr Andrews. 

fast forward to "knee scope, IR". 

Dr Death & "precautionary" never belong in the same sentence. 

Dr James Andrews is never "precautionary". 

Remember when we all thought "oh, he confirmed Sam Bradford's knee didn't have any further damage - whew, dodged a bullet there!"  - I was one of them. And it was considered incredibly rare to hear a non-fatal diagnosis from Dr Andrews. 

fast forward to "knee scope, IR". 

Dr Death & "precautionary" never belong in the same sentence. 
Please have your sarcasm detector adjusted immediately.

No way in my mind would I label him a bust just yet. Too much ability to give up just yet. But I am starting to question what he has between the ears.....really starting to question that. And ultimately that may be his undoing. 

Strange cat indeed.

Buzzfeed has a story that Jameis allegedly groped the crotch of his female Uber driver in Arizona in 2016.

Bucs say they will release a statement shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread