What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (5 Viewers)

Civil Society anniversary block party was insane. So well organized and ran (other than the can release at the end of the day...it wasn't very efficient). So many great beers. Didn't keep track but tried about 50 or so. Will try to give more details later.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend's bar is having their annual Black Friday beer special tomorrow below is the list of beers available.  I have a 7:30 am hockey game for my sons team, thinking about hitting the bar with a fellow hockey dad for a couple of the beers between games.  My basement is full of KBS so I might skip that for a Koz, and BBCCoffee.

1. Founders KBS2. Founders lizard of koz 3. Founders backwoods *******4. Epic big bad baptist5. New holland dragons milk6. New holland dragons milk coffee7. Central waters bourbon barleywine8. Central waters BBS9. Goose island bourbon county stout10. Goose island bourbon county coffee11. Goose island bourbon county barleywine 12. Bells java13. Bells expedition14. Evil twin even more Jesus15. Coranado barrel aged stupid stout16. Stone xocoveza winter spiced mocha stout17. Lakefront Latif double chocolate stout18. Ballast point mocha marlin19. Tyranena devil made me do it coffee imperial porter20. Summit coffee milk stout21. Mke Louie's resurrection

Going straight 18th Street today: Deal with the Devil, Drip, Hunter, and Hunter Vanilla. Gonna take some precision timing to make sure I'm drunk enough to deal with the political discussion BS this afternoon while not passing out before the end of the Steelers game tonight.

Nothing less than 8% ABV on that list LOL -- and it's not like the Steelers are really going anywhere this year with that defense. I'm going to err on the side of getting effed up and if I'm in a food / booze coma by halftime, so be it.
Going to my BIL house where he literally has 1k-1500 bottle cellar, mostly BA stuff. Might be a rough day tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was delicious. So I see there is a bit of backlash against the NE style IPA here too?
I absolutely love them. But I also love a good crystal clear West Coast IPA. I know a lot of professional brewers feel that it's lazy or somehow cheating to skip the filtering / clarifying steps, but IMO it's not like hazy / unfiltered beers are anything new. Drink what you like, I say.

It was delicious. So I see there is a bit of backlash against the NE style IPA here too?
I never cared what a beer looked like. I don't think it should be a factor at all. I still mostly feel that way so it annoys me when people look for haze just like it annoyed me when people would turn their nose at a beer that wasn't clear ten years ago. It annoys me further to see all these breweries dive head first in to it to be trendy. They aren;t al doing it it to be trendy, but trust me, there are a lot who are. 

More to what really matters though: I can't drink them in my normal drinking habits. I drink by the pint. These popularized hazy beers are all too yeasty for me. They taste great in 4oz portions, then I get way too much yeast esters and they feel to full. They also tend to lack any sort of bitterness I like in my IPAs. 

I had a hazy beer the other day. It tasted alright. I left my glass on the table and came back to it 30mins later. There was a ####### yeast cake in the glass. I don't want to drink that ####. I've also seen these beers on tap pour foamy as hell. I think some of them are refermenting in the keg. These aren't "unfiltered". Hardly any beers at all are actually filtered at the craft level. These beers are "unfinished". Yeast is still floating around in them. Gross. 

Deal with the Devil is dangerous -- goes down waaaay too easy for pushing 9% -- Citra bomb, but super balanced. This batch seems even better than I remembered it being, which is saying something, since I loved it last time.

Both milk stouts worked well with the pumpkin pie and cheesecake, settled in to watch the game with Drip and the ZD and Western Sunrise that my bro brought over. Tomorrow morning looks like it's going to suck balls at this point.  :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread