What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty and Redraft: David Johnson Saints (3 Viewers)

That's what I was :rant: about in my original post.  Fitzgerald came in and smoked him while he was half sitting up on the ground.  I think he thought DJ fumbled or something.
Huh??  Can we get an explanation here for people who didn't watch this dumpster fire of a game?

Otis said:
Huh??  Can we get an explanation here for people who didn't watch this dumpster fire of a game?
I don't remember it exactly, but DJ made a short gain and got tackled near the sideline.  He dropped the ball (or put it down) as he was sitting up, and all of a sudden Fitzgerald came in and smoked him, plowed right into him, helmet-to-helmet, as he was laying there defenseless.  If Fitzgerald had been a 49'er he would have been kicked out and suspended.

Can't find any video of it.

I don't remember it exactly, but DJ made a short gain and got tackled near the sideline.  He dropped the ball (or put it down) as he was sitting up, and all of a sudden Fitzgerald came in and smoked him, plowed right into him, helmet-to-helmet, as he was laying there defenseless.  If Fitzgerald had been a 49'er he would have been kicked out and suspended.

Can't find any video of it.
What a dummy. 

Arizona homey's got anything to add during the bye week? David Johnson's schedule looks juicy moving forward. Can the team hang?

Btw... a disgruntled Johnson owner just offered a trade for Ingram. I see Johnson ranked a tad higher going forward. Would you take it?

Now everybody on that offense knows what DJ can do. RB1 to close!
I wish they had come closer to winning, but he certainly did everything he could today.

You would hope they keep building on this gameplan.

He certainly has some tasty matchups here down the stretch.

Coming on just in time for playoffs.  My team has barely survived his 2/3 of the year slump but today the sleeping giant was awakened .  wooohoooo!

Coming on just in time for playoffs.  My team has barely survived his 2/3 of the year slump but today the sleeping giant was awakened .  wooohoooo!

Really no matchup from here on in where you would definitely sit him:

10. KC     1st most points to RBs

11. vs.  OAK    4th

12.  at   LAC   14th

13. at   GB  15th

14. vs.  DET  5th  

15. at   ATL  9th (look at Chubb today)

16. vs.  LAR   19th

No run defenses in the Top 12 most difficult.

It's amazing to me that nearly every fantasy expert continues to have DJ ranked in the Top 10 RBs for fantasy, including this week, even though he has had zero stellar games this season.

A true RB 1 can go off for 30+ points in any given week. DJ has only reached 20 points (and then barely) ONCE this season!!  Has Saquon FAILED to reach 20 in any game yet??

I guess it takes a long time for a player's "name" value to fade even when clearly unproductive.

OK time to eat crow.  37 points yesterday.

THAT'S a RB1!!

10. KC     1st most points to RBs

11. vs.  OAK    4th

12.  at   LAC   14th

13. at   GB  15th

14. vs.  DET  5th  

15. at   ATL  9th (look at Chubb today)

16. vs.  LAR   19th

No run defenses in the Top 12 most difficult.
So, what is DJ's trade value for those trying to acquire him? .

I offered Bell straight up (Keeper league)....  his team is bottom 5 in 12 team PPR  .... I am tied for 1st.

He wants Kamara....not happening, but I understand his view

Patience being rewarded. Looking forward to rolling out the 1-2 punch of Conner and Johnson for the rest of season 
Same, though I have Chubb too, as well as Hill and Thomas and can't fit them all in. Just glad DJ is finally looking like a first rounder again. He was never particularly "bad", just wasn't hanging with the other top RB's until (hopefully) now.

Another very solid game. He doesn't face a Top 12 run defense the rest of the season and is at Atlanta in Week 15.

Obviously looked great on the 53-yard run, but also had a TD called back right at the end on a lovely 20 yard+ run thanks to a bad hold by Seals-Jones. That would have iced the game.  Oh well, can't complain.

Another very solid game. He doesn't face a Top 12 run defense the rest of the season and is at Atlanta in Week 15.

Obviously looked great on the 53-yard run, but also had a TD called back right at the end on a lovely 20 yard+ run thanks to a bad hold by Seals-Jones. That would have iced the game.  Oh well, can't complain.
I didn't know about the late TD called back, check the stats, it would have been a 57 yard TD. Ugh, wish I didn't look now! Between Rosen and his dumb ints and that run called back, imagine the game he could have had. Just that run alone would have given him nearly 200 yds. Brutal, when you're about to lose by a handful of points. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting more than a little tired of Arizona being down 3-4 scores mid-game most weeks and also their baffling play-calling. DJ continues to get work but more often than not, Rosen is slinging it and quite often to opposing db's.

Thought the corner was turned against the Chiefs but the receptions have disappeared again, 7 catches in that game but only 3 in two full games since. That is criminal usage, particularly when short passing would likely have worked well against the Chargers. Almost like they watched tape of that Chiefs game and thought "hmmm, that worked a little too well, we don't like that, let's go back to what didn't work before".

Benching him for Conner/Chubb. I don't like Chubb's matchup at all this week but at least he's used properly most games, regardless of the score.

Yet again, criminal usage. No catches to speak of and two goalline td's to his backup. Glad I benched him, not his fault of course but it's just bizarre to me how they misuse him.

Yet again, criminal usage. No catches to speak of and two goalline td's to his backup. Glad I benched him, not his fault of course but it's just bizarre to me how they misuse him.
It really is weird...….I mean why did they pay DJ if they aren't going to use him.....is it 50/50 going forward now? 

It really is weird...….I mean why did they pay DJ if they aren't going to use him.....is it 50/50 going forward now? 
Got me, what are they saving him for? The template was there 3 weeks back at the Chiefs, had a fantastic game, 7 catches etc. Just don't get it, in nearly 3 full game since he's had 4 catches total. What happened to Leftwich the Arians disciple?

It screams to me of a coaching staff that is just swinging wildly blind at a piñata. How can we know what they are doing when their decisions aren't based on logic? They don't know what they are trying to do......

It’s weird how they don’t use him in the passing game anymore...don’t use him on the edge....he should have had fresh legs this year too....

It socks for FF...but in this games Edmunds has made plays...
Hopefully they trade DJ this offseason then or cut him. Why would they keep him and pay him this kind of money to split carries. They obviously think Edmonds is special enough to take DJ off the field half the time......

To be fair, the coaching staff is just trying to win the game - which they did. Edmonds had that long 29-yard run, DJ got 1, they gave it to Edmonds again and he scored a TD.

Nice going Chase.  DJ needs to break some of those long runs.

To be fair, the coaching staff is just trying to win the game - which they did. Edmonds had that long 29-yard run, DJ got 1, they gave it to Edmonds again and he scored a TD.

Nice going Chase.  DJ needs to break some of those long runs.
Edmonds ran well when the chance came, not arguing that. My beef is the switch back to such basic play-calling. Seven catches in one game and in the 3 games since, 4 catches total is mental.

David Johnson racked up 49 yards on 15 carries while also delivering eight catches for 12 yards on 10 targets Sunday in the Cardinals’ Week 14 loss to Detroit.

Johnson also fumbled, though fortunately tight end Ricky Seals-Jones was able to fall on it. The Cardinals' offense accomplished next to nothing against the Lions and Johnson did little to help the cause, averaging a feeble 3.3 yards per carry to go with an even more underwhelming 1.5 yards per reception. DJ caught fire for a bit after Byron Leftwich succeeded Mike McCoy as offensive coordinator but he's fallen off over his last three games, slumping to just 3.48 yards per carry with no touchdowns during that span. Luckily he'll be in a good spot to bounce back when the Cardinals visit the struggling Falcons in Week 15.

Dec 9 - 7:43 PM

Man I don’t know if I can use this guy next week. This is really ‘16 Gurley all over. 

Man I don’t know if I can use this guy next week. This is really ‘16 Gurley all over. 
RB 19 this week in PPR against a tough run D.

I think you have to like your chances next week against a poor run D, but you're not holding your breath for 20+. More like 15-20.

Biggest injury questions for all 32 teams in Week 15

Excerpt:

Running back David Johnson missed Wednesday's practice with a quad injury, but coach Steve Wilks expects him to play Sunday in Atlanta. If Johnson can't go, Chase Edmonds will get the start and be Arizona's primary rushing option. After big games in Weeks 10 and 11, with 98 and 137 rushing yards, respectively, Johnson hasn't rushed for more than 63 the past three games. Not having Johnson would give the Cardinals' offense another crutch to overcome. -- Josh Weinfuss

Well doesn't matter what we think the Cards obviously like Edmonds so much they pull DJ near the GL so they can hand it off to Edmonds. 
Never ever thought back in September, i'd be considering benching my first round pick for the third string KC RB come play-off time. Such is FF.

David Johnson rushed 11 times for 33 yards and a touchdown and caught 3-of-6 targets for 68 yards in the Cardinals' Week 15 win over Atlanta.

Johnson got off to a roaring start with a 40-yard reception on a slot route on Arizona's first drive, and he finished the first quarter with 66 yards from scrimmage with a touchdown. Unfortunately, Johnson totaled just six yards in the second quarter, the game got away from the Cardinals, and backups were playing by the fourth frame. Although his Week 16 matchup at home versus the Rams will be favorable, Johnson will need more help from his teammates to pay higher-ceiling fantasy dividends.

Dec 16 - 5:18 PM

DAVID JOHNSONRB, ARIZONA CARDINALS

Cardinals OL coach Sean Kugler expects the run game to be a "big part" of the offense.

"I think people are going to be surprised by the amount we run the ball; it’s a big part of this offense in addition to the screen game," Kugler said. "It’s not just throwing it every down, there’s going to be a lot of physicality." This is good news for David Johnson, but it may not be more than coachspeak given Kliff Kingsbury's pass-heavy tendencies. Even with Steve Wilks gone, Johnson is going to be hard to trust as a 2019 rebound.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Feb 15, 2019, 5:09 PM

Users who are viewing this thread