What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All Time Soccer/Football Draft and Tourney (2 Viewers)

Also, maybe we can play the games on Football Manager with this database?
I'm not wedded to my silly tables.  But I'm not sure how something like that would work in practice.  Would everyone need to have FM?  Or would we just let the assigned managers do all the tactics/subs, etc?  It would also cut out the (admittedly imperfect) FFA participation mechanism.  That might not be a big deal.  We probably have 85% of the FFA members who would give a #### about the tourney already signed up.  

No matter whether we decide to stay with what we have or not, I'll play around with that database.  Maybe make a full league schedule and simulate through for ####s and grins.

Rolls might work better, but we can also give the FM thing a whirl as a test run. I figure we'd just need to set lineups and such on the board and someone can input them and run it. Would be a bit of work for the FM guy, though.

We can still work some people in, but we might as well start setting up draft order.

Go to the dice server of your choice (but make sure you can email the results).  Roll 3 d10 dice and email the results to stevenerobertson@gmail.com with the Subject: Soccer Draft -- Draft Order and you user name in the text box.

That will represent your three digit number for draft order.  Lowest picks first.  Like so:

This is an automatic message.This message was generated by    stevenerobertson@gmail.comthrough the "hamete virtual dice server" at https://dicelog.comMessage sent to:    stevenerobertson@gmail.comDice Roll Information:----------------------Dice Results:-------------Rolling "1d10" 3 times    1:  7    2:  5    3:  2sum: 14, average: 4.66
So my number is 752.  No Messi for me.

mother ####er that took forever

RPG Library Secure Dice generated the following rolls for stevenerobertson@gmail.com.

3d10, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 1, 4, 1 (Doubles!)
Roll subtotal: 6
Roll total: 6

mother ####er that took forever

RPG Library Secure Dice generated the following rolls for stevenerobertson@gmail.com.

3d10, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 1, 4, 1 (Doubles!)
As of now, you get my sloppy seconds from who I don't take. Enjoy! :excited:  

I think I sent rhe a list of a thousand numbers the first time. I hate figuring out these dice roller thingys 

I rolled 7 times. You want to take my first or roll again

3d10, rolled 7 times.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 2, 8, 5
Roll subtotal: 15
Roll total: 15

Roll set 2
Die rolls: 5, 4, 7
Roll subtotal: 16
Roll total: 16

Roll set 3
Die rolls: 4, 4, 2 (Doubles!)
Roll subtotal: 10
Roll total: 10

Roll set 4
Die rolls: 1, 6, 4
Roll subtotal: 11
Roll total: 11

Roll set 5
Die rolls: 10, 2, 10 (Doubles!)
Roll subtotal: 22
Roll total: 22

Roll set 6
Die rolls: 9, 4, 2
Roll subtotal: 15
Roll total: 15

Roll set 7
Die rolls: 3, 3, 6 (Doubles!)
Roll subtotal: 12
Roll total: 12

Roll One
Generating 3 rolls of d10, 3 per line.
Comment:

1 2 2

Message sent to these addresses: , United States

Come hither wee Argentine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I got the roll right - looked a little convoluted 1-10d 3 times

10, 1, 6

1d10, rolled 3 times.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 10

Roll set 2
Die rolls: 1
Roll subtotal: 1
Roll total: 1

Roll set 3
Die rolls: 6

I think I got the roll right - looked a little convoluted 1-10d 3 times

10, 1, 6

1d10, rolled 3 times.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 10

Roll set 2
Die rolls: 1
Roll subtotal: 1
Roll total: 1

Roll set 3
Die rolls: 6
:mr.mom: Youre doing it wrong :/mr.mom:

Rolling "1d10" 3 times    1:  10    2:  5    3:  8sum: 23, average: 7.66

Highest goes first right?

OK, what is everyone's thoughts about the clock for picks?

I'm on the East Coast.  In the interest of being fair to the West Coast, I wouldn't start the clock until 11AM my time.  From 5:30 to 8:30 or so Eastern Time is a big black hole for me.  I have an awful commute home, then I need to get dinner ready, and then get my kid to bed.  So I couldn't really enforce much in the evening.  
I'm in the same boat.  From 5:00 - 8:00 I'm coaching some team (U12 soccer & flag football, U8 soccer and baseball) every night.

Some days I travel for work and may be away from the computer all day so would need to plan ahead and send someone a list. 

Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
Here's our sign-up: 

IN

RHE (Draft draw 752)

joneseed

Sinn Fein (Draft draw 1016)

Bonzai

Spartans Rule

wdcrob (Draft draw 122)

The All Post-Steven Gerrard Liverpool Best XI aka shader

Brady Marino (Draft draw 136)

Bluto Blutarsky

Gator/Tasker Team of Cristiano Ronaldo Sex Clones (Draft draw 141)

Native (Draft draw 1310)

AcerFC (Draft draw 285)

Pik95 (Draft draw 696)

Floppo Namedropping Again

Charv's All-Zlatan/Henrik Larsen Extravaganza (Draft Draw 471)

Eephus's Route 1 All Stars

Lehigh98 (Draft draw 1058)

Morpheus
We're at 18 right now.  Need rolls from Joneseed, Bonzai, Sparty, Shader, Bluto, Floppo, eeph, and Morpheus.  I'm sure some of these are West Coast guys (I know Eephus is). 

We'll do the draft order as soon as we can.  Then people can start, but without a clock today.  Goal is to start the clock tomorrow at 11AM EST.  No clock over the weekend, but feel free to draft. 

Troglodytes....the bunch of you.  The Beautiful Game; majestic in its convoluted simplicity...now reduced to its most base element; statistics, 20-sided dice, wee Argentinians, & CR's scantily clad genitalia.  HAS IT COME TO THIS?!...Xenophobia, Anglophilisism, Necrophilia...they shall all eventually rear their ugly head in this thread.  Such bias.  That being said,  if Francesco Totti is not selected first, consider yourselves reported. Fanboys. Bigots.  

We're at 18 right now.  Need rolls from Joneseed, Bonzai, Sparty, Shader, Bluto, Floppo, eeph, and Morpheus.  I'm sure some of these are West Coast guys (I know Eephus is). 

We'll do the draft order as soon as we can.  Then people can start, but without a clock today.  Goal is to start the clock tomorrow at 11AM EST.  No clock over the weekend, but feel free to draft. 
Bumping.  Get me your rolls as soon as you can. 

Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
Here's our sign-up: 

IN

RHE (Draft draw 752)

joneseed (Draft draw 135)

Sinn Fein (Draft draw 1016)

Bonzai

Spartans Rule

wdcrob (Draft draw 122)

The All Post-Steven Gerrard Liverpool Best XI aka shader

Brady Marino (Draft draw 136)

Bluto Blutarsky (No need to create an alias to try to grift your way to CR7, Gator.  You could have just bribed the Commish with a nice bottle of rye)

Gator/Tasker Team of Cristiano Ronaldo Sex Clones (Draft draw 141)

Native (Draft draw 1310)

AcerFC (Draft draw 285)

Pik95 (Draft draw 696)

Floppo Namedropping Again (Draft draw 897)

Charv's All-Zlatan/Henrik Larsen Extravaganza (Draft Draw 471)

Eephus's Route 1 All Stars

Lehigh98 (Draft draw 1058)

Morpheus
Rolls so far.

Users who are viewing this thread