What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***2018 Dallas Cowboys*** (3 Viewers)

I still can't believe the Bailey deal. You gave up a guy who was money from fifty-five on in for a guy who kicks 78%. In the CFL. 

I think Bailey is much better than Jason Myers. I don't think Cowboys fans are happy with the move of getting rid of Bailey though.
I don't think the Cowboys' fans are happy at all  -- and if the Jets just pony up and pay the man, they'll have a top-five kicker in the game, easily. 

I hope they do it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the Cowboys' fans are happy at all  -- and if the Jets just pony up and pay the man, they'll have a top-five kicker in the game, easily. 

I hope they do it.  
Can’t say I’m not shocked but I’m not unhappy about it. 

Hes been on a 3 year decline and no longer worth paying as an elite kicker. :shrug:  I don’t blame them. 

The dude that replaced him has been kicking 65 yarders.

Are CFL goalposts the same as NFL?

It's probably more like a two-year decline, one due to injury. 

The goalposts, I think, are the same, so your implied point is taken. The field is wider in the CFL, but the posts do not correlate with the hashmarks, if I'm not mistaken. 

78% is a terrible rate. I think this also might be about cap money, though I'm unaware of your situation. 

It's probably more like a two-year decline, one due to injury. 

The goalposts, I think, are the same, so your implied point is taken. The field is wider in the CFL, but the posts do not correlate with the hashmarks, if I'm not mistaken. 

78% is a terrible rate. I think this also might be about cap money, though I'm unaware of your situation. 
They have 19.5 million free. We’re all starting to think a move is coming. Maybe they trade for someone or get someone lockuped up long term. 

They have 19.5 million free. We’re all starting to think a move is coming. Maybe they trade for someone or get someone lockuped up long term. 
That's interesting. Well, good luck, man. 

As soon as I saw that Bailey was due $3.4 million and $3.5 subsequently, my antennae told me it probably had something to do with that as opposed to his performance.  

Noah Brown to IR, resign Thompson. Makes sense now. Tried to to the same thing with Deante Jones and Brian Price and the Raiders grabbed Price. 

rockaction said:
That's interesting. Well, good luck, man. 

As soon as I saw that Bailey was due $3.4 million and $3.5 subsequently, my antennae told me it probably had something to do with that as opposed to his performance.  
On the decline, injuries and salary cap. You can disagree with it, but, that's the business decision they made. 

On the decline, injuries and salary cap. You can disagree with it, but, that's the business decision they made. 
Yeah, it is. 

I do disagree with it, especially signing a guy that's at 78% accuracy, which is awful for a professional kicker. 

But they know what they're doing, and I could be totally wrong. 

But, you'll note, Bailey's already got teams going after him. The Jets, my team, had him in and never should have let him leave the building today. 

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
At least you admit it. 

I don’t blame you considering the Eagles showing every sign of heading for a letdown season. Are you guys even going to make the playoffs this year? 
Just an observation. If you are going to complain about Eagles fans giving opinions in the Cowboy thread, perhaps you shouldn't troll Eagle's fans in the Cowboys thread. Personally, I like good natured trolling, so I don't take offense, but I am sure others will be coming in with snarky comments. Like I said, just an observation.

NOBODY gets excited about a backup QB. I was just pointing out that there ARE, in fact, serviceable backups out there that might have come available.Turns out that Sudfeld, Heinecke, and Griffin were all kept by their respective teams though.
You literally responded to my post asking which serviceable backups get you excited.  Nobody you listed is available.  I'm still waiting for anyone who claims there are serviceable backups to list some so we can start the discussion.

Just an observation. If you are going to complain about Eagles fans giving opinions in the Cowboy thread, perhaps you shouldn't troll Eagle's fans in the Cowboys thread. Personally, I like good natured trolling, so I don't take offense, but I am sure others will be coming in with snarky comments. Like I said, just an observation.
I'd prefer they didn't give their opinions in our team specific thread. The jokes they make are older than the Cowboys' Super Bowl trophys. 

You know that I like you and you're not on my S list but your buddies are. They have been trolling us for awhile now and I am no longer accepting it this thread. They can say whatever they want in every thread that isn't this one and I don't care but they aren't coming in here and talking their nonsense w/o me saying something back. 

I'd prefer they didn't give their opinions in our team specific thread. The jokes they make are older than the Cowboys Super Bowl trophy are

You know that I like you and you're not on my S list but your buddies are. They have been trolling us for awhile now and I am no longer accepting it this thread. They can say whatever they want in every thread that isn't this one and I don't care but they aren't coming in here and talking their nonsense w/o me saying something back. 
That's pretty old (I had to).

That's pretty old (I had to).
It is!

You know I can be level headed about our teams and have a friendly conversation however they simply post one liners and condescending remarks, NONE OF IT IS ACTUAL FOOTBALL DISCUSSION. If they want to say something w/o a smart ### remark or backhanded compliment then by all means but they can never seem to do that. 

I didn't say anything for months and months. You guys had your time to gloat and (in this thread), its over. 

So..... The Cowboys have 19.5 million.....Does anybody else think they have something up their sleeve? I think a trade is coming. 

WTF is Danial Ross? Ive listened to just about every podcast, show and interview but I never heard this dudes name even once. 

So..... The Cowboys have 19.5 million.....Does anybody else think they have something up their sleeve? I think a trade is coming. 

WTF is Danial Ross? Ive listened to just about every podcast, show and interview but I never heard this dudes name even once. 
The obvious answer is that the Bailey cut was done to give the Cowboys a little bit more cap space so that when they trade for Earl Thomas they will easily be able to redo his contract throwing as much of the cap hit into the current year as possible. The Cowboys do have cap space in the next few years, but they have Lawrence, Prescott, and possibly Elliot big contracts looming out there.

The obvious answer is that the Bailey cut was done to give the Cowboys a little bit more cap space so that when they trade for Earl Thomas they will easily be able to redo his contract throwing as much of the cap hit into the current year as possible. The Cowboys do have cap space in the next few years, but they have Lawrence, Prescott, and possibly Elliot big contracts looming out there.
Thats my thinking too. Earl or redo a contract to give more money this year.

Prescott they will pay but I believe he won't demand top dollar. 

Unsure about paying Elliot a second contract. If he blows gos for 1,600+ and 12+ TDs the next two seasons I could see him wanting all the money and they won't do that. I think they just keep drafting and developing his replacement. Stephen Jones just doesn't want to spend his pops money. 

Lawrence is complicated. Its rare for the Cowboys to franchise tag someone. Again, its about what Lawrence wants because Stephen isn't going to give him 20 million a year and if Tank gets another 14.5 sacks he's going to want and deserve it. 

zoonation said:
Cowboys fans:  take the over or under on 8-8?   I’m thinking under.  Thoughts?
Gotta think it's right on that.  Would be surprised if they only win 7 with how the Giants/Skins are, and also surprised if they win 9/10 games.  8-8 seems just about right.

not sure Sea has incentive to trade Earl unless Dallas offers value in return. to be honest, i thought this was a bit of a "tanking" effort. i know that isn't the Jones way (love the celebration of winning that week 17 game against back-ups), but 3 mill really won't make or break much. you don't think Bailey offers to restructure if they suggest it?

Imo, if they were trading for Thomas it would've happened by now.

not sure Sea has incentive to trade Earl unless Dallas offers value in return. to be honest, i thought this was a bit of a "tanking" effort. i know that isn't the Jones way (love the celebration of winning that week 17 game against back-ups), but 3 mill really won't make or break much. you don't think Bailey offers to restructure if they suggest it?
I think Seattle would rather get some value rather than no value, so I think they will trade him, even if it is during the season. I think the Cowboys would give up a 3rd rounder, maybe even a 2nd rounder for Thomas. I don't think they would go as high as a 1st rounder. The trade would make some sense for both teams.

The Cowboys must have seen enough in their new kicker that they felt like they could let Bailey go.

Imo, if they were trading for Thomas it would've happened by now.
Some of it depends on what the Seahawks are asking for in return. The further we go into the season, the less they will be able to get, so their price will start to come down. Depending on how the Cowboys start the season, they might feel he could be the difference in making a long playoff run, and then they make a good enough offer to get the deal done.

Calling  :bs: On the bolded.

Agree that the ball is in Seattle’s court. 

No on the restructure. Likely why he left the Jets faculty. 

I'd prefer they didn't give their opinions in our team specific thread. The jokes they make are older than the Cowboys' Super Bowl trophys. 

I can get behind this sentiment. Not a fan of some specific cowboys fans that like to talk garbage in the Eagles thread. My posts in here tend to be sparse and generally pretty neutral.

@tonydead, I'm mildly surprised that NONE of those QBs I listed came available. Really thought Griffin would...didn't expect Baltimore to keep three on the active roster

I can get behind this sentiment. Not a fan of some specific cowboys fans that like to talk garbage in the Eagles thread. My posts in here tend to be sparse and generally pretty neutral.

@tonydead, I'm mildly surprised that NONE of those QBs I listed came available. Really thought Griffin would...didn't expect Baltimore to keep three on the active roster
How about Sanchez? 

I want a guy who has more career starts than Dak. 

Calling  :bs: On the bolded.

Agree that the ball is in Seattle’s court. 

No on the restructure. Likely why he left the Jets faculty. 
yeah you are likely correct, but it seems strange to me. If Dallas doesn't end up making a move, you guys are going to all be ok with this? 

If Dallas doesn't end up making a move, you guys are going to all be ok with this? 
Not sure what you're looking for here.

For Dallas fans that have been paying attention... Bailey has been struggling all training camp. Yes, i was still surprised he was cut.

But obviously not as surprised as someone who hasn't been aware of his struggles, and just sees the headline "Bailey cut OMG!!!"

:shrug:

Not sure what you're looking for here.

For Dallas fans that have been paying attention... Bailey has been struggling all training camp. Yes, i was still surprised he was cut.

But obviously not as surprised as someone who hasn't been aware of his struggles, and just sees the headline "Bailey cut OMG!!!"

:shrug:
more surprised regarding who they bring in, there are 8-10 better kickers still not on teams they could have grabbed. And basing off of pre-season is a little silly, but maybe they know something about him. If he is signed before the season it would seem to be more likely that he is fine 

I think Bailey will resurface, but Maher simply beat him out. From what I understand, it wasn't even close.

There's something to be said for giving a veteran K with Bailey's history the benefit of the doubt, but the salary cap was a fairly big factor in their decision. You have to be worth your salary or the fiscal situation can get ugly like with so many teams.

The salary cap is the elephant in the room.

I’ll come back here to edit this. Taking a break at the park and my phones about to die. Predictions Guys 

PRESEASON

Aug 9@SFL 24-21

Aug 18CINL21-13

Aug 26ARIL27-3

Aug 30@HOUL 14-6

DATEOPPTIME/TV

REGULAR SEASON

Sep 9@CAR 4:25-FOXTickets

Sep 16NYG8:20-NBC

Sep 23@SEA4:25-FOX

Sep 30DET1:00-FOX

Oct 7@HOU8:20-NBC

Oct 14JAX4:25-CBS

Oct 21@WSH4:25

Bye

Nov 5TEN8:15-ESPN

Nov 11@PHI8:20-NBC

Nov 18@ATL1:00-FOX

Nov 22WSH4:30-FOX

Nov 29NO8:20-FOX / NFL

Dec 9PHI4:25-FOX

Dec 16@IND1:00-FOX

Dec 23TB1:00-FOX

Dec 30@NYG1:00
9-7 or 10-6 depending on if the Giants are playing for something the last week of the season. If they are, Giants win, Cowboys 9-7. If they are not, Cowboys win, Cowboys 10-6

Why haven't the cowboys traded for Thomas yet?  Seems like a no-brainer - best shot for a Super Bowl win is while you have Dak and Elliot in their rookie deals, so ~2 years?  

I think Seattle would rather get some value rather than no value, so I think they will trade him, even if it is during the season. I think the Cowboys would give up a 3rd rounder, maybe even a 2nd rounder for Thomas. I don't think they would go as high as a 1st rounder. The trade would make some sense for both teams.

The Cowboys must have seen enough in their new kicker that they felt like they could let Bailey go.
I'm so smart.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/05/report-cowboys-offered-second-rounder-for-earl-thomas-in-last-week/

Users who are viewing this thread