What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR D.J. Moore, CHI (2 Viewers)

It's Moore or Antonio Brown for me... I'm finding it a difficult decision....

Head says Moore

Gut says AB
Exactly the same for me. Going with Moore hoping they need to throw a lot to keep up with KC. Brown an unknown and now Godwin is back too.

Exactly the same for me. Going with Moore hoping they need to throw a lot to keep up with KC. Brown an unknown and now Godwin is back too.
Super tough decision, I've gone back and forth several times this morning lol.

I'm rolling with Moore today, I think he has the higher floor, last week notwithstanding and certainly still fresh in my mind.

zamboni said:
NotSmart said:
It's Moore or Antonio Brown for me... I'm finding it a difficult decision....

Head says Moore

Gut says AB
Bad call starting Moore. So agonizing seeing Robby significantly out targeting Moore week after week.

Yes, Agreed.

He has 2 targets. 2 ! And Bridgewater threw it 48 times!! Frustrating.

He looks like he’s the 3rd WR option behind Robby and Samuels!

NotSmart said:
Super tough decision, I've gone back and forth several times this morning lol.

I'm rolling with Moore today, I think he has the higher floor, last week notwithstanding and certainly still fresh in my mind.
Always trust your gut kids.

For those who have watched, has he been getting open?
I did not pay for All-22 this year so hard for me to say and I was trying to watch multiple games at once but I did see him open on a few underneath routes. I'm sure you've tracked a receiver/TE of interest and followed the QB's head to see if he looks his way before and to my untrained eye it does not look like Teddy looks his way a lot.

The twitter link below is a screenshot of what looks like a huge potential big play for Moore, he did not see this pass thrown to him.

https://twitter.com/retweet_king611/status/1325790274304565250

D.J. Moore caught 4-of-7 targets for 96 yards and a touchdown in the Panthers' Week 10 loss to the Bucs.

After seeing just three targets in Week 9, Moore was responsible for two massive plays in Week 10. The first was a rainbow vertical shot by Teddy Bridgewater against the blitz, which Moore worked back to and caught with defenders closing. Then Moore took a tunnel screen 24 yards for a touchdown, aided by an amazing kick-out block by LT Trent Scott. Moore nearly had another 40-yard gain to his name, but it was later reviewed and rescinded just before halftime. Moore's volume seems to be more scattered than Robby Anderson and Curtis Samuel each week, but he has big-play potential that is difficult to leave outside of the top 30 WRs.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you guys doing with Moore this week with Bridgewater likely out?

Sounds like a week to pivot to options if you have them.

Then again, maybe a different QB will look Moore's way a bit more.

The below is from yesterday's free FBG email - the alternatives at QB don't sound promising:

CAR - QB Teddy Bridgewater unlikely to start

Source: NFL Network - Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero

Updating a previous report, Carolina Panthers QB Teddy Bridgewater (knee), who has been limited in practice this week, is unlikely to start Sunday, Nov. 22, against the Detroit Lions, sources are telling NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

P.J. Walker and Will Grier have been splitting practice reps and nobody knows who is going to start for the Panthers on Sunday. Walker has some athleticism and may be the starter while Grier started a couple of games last year and looked really bad. Fantasy GMs can avoid these quarterbacks no matter who starts.

Benched him in 1 of 3 leagues. Would have been more if I had decent options in those leagues
I read this quickly and thought you mean you would have benched him in more leagues but you only have him in 3  :lol:    

Basically I read it like this:  Benched him in 3 leagues. Would have been more if I had <him>  :lol:  

What are you guys doing with Moore this week with Bridgewater likely out?
Considering J. Reagor @ CLE over Moore this week.  I need to do more research to see how many targets Reagor is getting since returning from injury before making a final decision.

I have Moore in 3 leagues.  Sat him for Swift in the flex in one, now likely have to start him.  Sitting for Meyers in the second.  Debating Reagor over him in the third.  

Haven't yet and won't bench Moore unless I was in a 10 team league or less with much better options.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any update on his status today?

I know they're on bye next week, but non-contact, carted off the field injuries generally don't end well. 

Any update on his status today?

I know they're on bye next week, but non-contact, carted off the field injuries generally don't end well. 
He came down in a weird way and was instantly hobbling. If it was an ACL it would be one of the more odd ones I've ever seen. Looked like more of a hyperextension or something. Either way, I wouldn't count on much more for 2020.

He was WIDE open and Bridgewater threw it behind him.  Don’t think it’s a knee.  I hope it’s not an Achilles related injury, but rather an ankle sprain.  Didn’t see it turn over though.  Fingers crossed on this one. 

zamboni said:
I doubt it too. Honestly, as a dynasty owner out of the title chase, I’d rather him rest for the season and not risk further injury. Then come back next year - with hopefully a different QB.
I think he meant DJM is on his bye week 13. 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said D.J. Moore will be placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list. 

Moore, who left Week 12's game against the Vikings with a non-contact ankle injury, was going to be iffy to play in Week 14 anyway. X-rays on his ankle were negative though. Carolina without Moore for this week's game against the Broncos would make Robby Anderson a high-floor WR2 option. Curtis Samuel would probably see a bump in snaps and opportunity if Moore is out against Denver. 

RELATED: 

Curtis Samuel

, Robby Anderson

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Dec 7, 2020, 11:39 AM ET

Looks like Moore is trending in the right direction this week. Anyone considering starting him if he does play? It’s between him and T Boyd for me. 

D.J. Moore (COVID) is not expected to be available for Week 14 against the Broncos.

The good news is Moore is presumably over the ankle injury he suffered before the bye week. The bad news is the team isn't expecting him to be activated for Sunday, leaving only Robby Anderson, Curtis Samuel, Brandon Zylstra, and Pharoh Cooper available at wideout. Moore's vacated volume is expected to trickle down to Anderson, Samuel, and Mike Davis (in that order) in a soft spot against Denver's injury-riddled defense.

SOURCE: David Newton on Twitter

Dec 11, 2020, 2:08 PM ET

(thehuddle) Carolina Panthers WR Curtis Samuel (hamstring) was limited during practice Thursday, Dec. 17, and is listed as questionable for Week 15.

If Samuel sits out DJ could be in line for a lot of targets.

Users who are viewing this thread