What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Drew Lock, NYG (1 Viewer)

Anyone see this guy having a good game?

Chiefs have been pretty damn good on defense lately and their defensive line is one of the best right now. 

Could be a rough day for Lock. 

Drew Lock completed 18-of-40 passes for 208 yards, zero touchdowns and an interception in the Broncos' 23-3, Week 15 loss to the Chiefs.

Lock made a few impressive throws in the first half that showed off the rookie’s tantalizing arm talent and potential to create positive plays off script. Still, he also made a number of bad decisions, notably under throwing his interception on an attempt to hit Noah Fant across the field in the end zone. The good news for the young Broncos QB is that an appealing Week 16 matchup against the Lions awaits. Lock isn’t a realistic fantasy option in single-QB leagues and shouldn’t be viewed as anything more than a low-end QB2, but he’s proven capable of enabling both Noah Fant and Courtland Sutton to solid fantasy production.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drew Lock completed 25-of-33 passes for 192 yards with a touchdown and no interceptions while adding 10 yards on four rushing attempts Sunday in Denver’s Week 16 victory over the Lions.

It was a clean day for Denver's offensive line as Lock didn't take any sacks in this one. Playing at home against a dismal Lions secondary (second-most passing yards allowed), Lock took care of business Sunday, at one point leading five consecutive scoring drives. His lone touchdown pass came on a fourth-quarter RPO with Lock pitching to DaeSean Hamilton for the go-ahead score. The rookie spread the wealth, completing passes to nine different receivers in Sunday's victory. Now 3-1 as the Broncos starter, Lock will look to finish 2019 in style when the Raiders visit Mile High in Week 17.

Speaking Monday, Broncos GM John Elway confirmed Drew Lock will be the team's 2020 starter at quarterback.

"I don’t like to show our hand, but I think it’s unrealistic to say that we’re going in a different direction," was Elway's frank admission. Although Lock generated a modest seven touchdowns over his five starts, including two over his final three, he helped guide the Broncos to a 4-1 finish. He was more accurate than expected, though he posted an underwhelming 6.53 YPA. The most encouraging developments were Lock avoiding the dunderheaded turnovers that frequently marred his play at Missouri while cleaning up his mechanics. Smart with rare arm talent, Lock could take a big 2020 step forward, but he still has much to prove before he sheds his "erratic" pre-draft label.

SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter

Dec 30, 2019, 1:19 PM ET

Per Rotoworld...

Speaking Tuesday, Broncos GM John Elway reiterated that Drew Lock will be the team's starting quarterback in 2020.

Elway made similar comments following Week 17. It's been reported that the Broncos expect Joe Flacco (neck) to be healthy for 2020, but they have made it clear he will not be a starting option. Flacco, who famously said he had no interest in mentoring Lock, will almost certainly be released or traded.

SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter

Feb 25, 2020, 12:47 PM ET

Lock showed real potential for the most part when he played last year, and Elway just got him a ton of help at the skill positions.  Let's hope the offensive line is good enough, and we can see how good Lock can really be.

Pretty excited to see if Lock has what it takes to succeed this year. Growing pains for a year with enough flashes of something more would be an acceptable year. Lots of young pieces that can grow together in this offense and I really like Gordon in the backfield as an experienced RB that can make life easier for Lock. No pressure, though... ;D

Didn't show to be a super star (expected as much from a rookie), but certainly didn't show to be a Jay Cutler bust. 
I agree with you that the criticisms in that article weren't especially strong to me, and that comes from someone that isn't as impressed with Drew Lock as most people.

I do think it's interesting that you think Lock looked especially different from Cutler. Cutler and Lock actually had very similar rookie seasons. Lock had a higher completion %, but Cutler threw down field more with a higher yard/completion rate. Cutler had a higher TD%, but Lock had a lower INT%. Maybe the biggest difference between the two is the fact Cutler faced much more pressure and got sacked quite a bit more than Lock. Lock started 5 games, and in three of them he threw for under 200 yards so I think it's pretty tough to take much out of those games. Of the two games he threw for more than 200 yards he had one game where he had 208yd, with 45% completions, and 0td/1int. I'd call that a flat out BAD game. The other game he had 200+ yards was very good at 309yd, 81% completions, 3td/1int. So all in all in five starts I'd say that he was a game manager for 3 games, he had one very bad game, and one very good game.

Overall based on what I've seen so far I think there is less separating Lock/Cutler/Flacco than most people think. Honestly, if you told elway that he found a Cutler/Flacco in the second round I think he would be pretty happy with that or at least he should be. Not sure if that's who you want as the face of your franchise long term but on a rookie contract for the next few years you have time to evaluate and possibly get your next QB. If I were Elway I would have been tempted to draft Eason at pick #118 because I think he has a better chance of being an NFL starter than either Driskel or Rypien and might be nearly as good a prospect as Lock. That might sound like a dig at Lock but really I was just surprised that Eason was taken as late as he was.

Guy throws a nice ball. Efficient quick release. Excited to see if he develops into a great one as I think he will.
What I like about him most (and what has surprised me) is his leadership. Everything I read on him is positive and his teammates seem to rally around him. He also seems to really have a good work ethic. Hope he is able to make another step this year, will be tough if offseason is shortened.

Will Drew Lock be the second-best 2020 fantasy quarterback in the AFC West?

Excerpts:

Andy: It’s easy to make a case for Lock as a potential breakout player, but, even if he makes incredible progress, it’s difficult to imagine him actually finishing as a starting-quality fantasy QB in leagues of standard size. He’s just a superflex special.

#FantasyHotTaek

Andy: I’ll take Drew Lock to double-down on last season’s surprising effectiveness, finishing as a top-16 fantasy QB (and the second highest-scoring fantasy QB in his division). He was more accurate than advertised last year — check the highlights — and the team enhanced his supporting cast significantly. Lock is a decent bet to reach 4,000 yards and 25 or more TDs.

I feel like I am irrationally high on Lock. I don't think he will be QB # 3 or anything, but he looked decent enough last year where if things go his way he could be around QB 8-12, with some upside. Even with a young offense in 2019 they were able to have some nice flashes, and another year should give Sutton, Lock, and Fant more experience while also hopefully having Jeudy live up to his draft spot.

I’m not sold on Lock by any stretch of the imagination.  Not saying I couldn’t be however.
What does this even mean? Where would you have him ranked and what do you think his stats are like. 

There is no sold. There is what you think a guy is worth and what you would pay. So what is it for you?

What does this even mean? Where would you have him ranked and what do you think his stats are like. 

There is no sold. There is what you think a guy is worth and what you would pay. So what is it for you?
Not looking to buy him.  That could change down the road

I have him at 4000 yards, 27 tds, 13 ints, and 200 yards running. This puts him about 276, which is QB12 on my sheet.

I bought in one league as back up QB because he fell so low. I got him as the 18th QB off the board. So I felt that was a great buy. But other might have him lower. 

Future Hall of Famer here, folks. Get on board before it's too late.

As a longtime Broncos fan, I may or may not believe what I just typed. :P

Users who are viewing this thread