What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (7 Viewers)

I agree with your first sentence.  Regarding the rest, the Republican Senators are admitting what the Democrats said Trump did was true.  That should be terrible for him.
Just a fyi, even if there was a quid pro quo, and there wasn't, but if there was, the President has the duty to investigate corruption and the Biden's and Burisma (see the constitution) would be reason for the President to want an investigation.  So in the end, the so called "quid pro quo" in this case is not reason for removal given what is stated in the constitution. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a fyi, even if there was a quid pro quo, and there wasn't, but if there was, the President has the duty to investigate corruption and the Biden's and Burisma (see the constitution) would be reason for the President to want an investigation.
You need to go back and study all this. You’ve got it all wrong.  But don’t trust me. Trust Alexander and Sasse and Rubio and Portman and others.

Of course not.  Silly question.
More than silly if one wanted to accurately characterize it, but unable to do that here of course.

Pretty clearly displays displays the right wing suspicion of education though. To them public education at all levels is a hotbed of indoctrination. My own mother blames by political views on attending college 🤣. It is why they have strived for decades to destroy it, and are continuing that fight. Ole ma loves it when I just tell her “Reality is liberal”. 😁

We’ll be teaching ID in short order I’m sure, given the ### backwards trajectory we’re on.

Just a fyi, even if there was a quid pro quo, and there wasn't, but if there was, the President has the duty to investigate corruption and the Biden's and Burisma (see the constitution) would be reason for the President to want an investigation.  So in the end, the so called "quid pro quo" in this case is not reason for removal given what is stated in the constitution. 
Interesting.  Can you point me to the Constitutional provisions supporting your statement?  I maybe can get as far as him being the chief law enforcement officer in America.  I am unclear how his investigative authority extends to Americans conducting business in foreign countries presuming the chief law enforcement officer has investigative authority.  

Interesting.  Can you point me to the Constitutional provisions supporting your statement?  I maybe can get as far as him being the chief law enforcement officer in America.  I am unclear how his investigative authority extends to Americans conducting business in foreign countries presuming the chief law enforcement officer has investigative authority.  
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/01/28/cruz_the_legal_question_before_the_senate_is_whether_the_president_has_authority_to_investigate_corruption.html

In a last ditch effort...Schiff will have all the Senators close their eyes as he retells the story of withholding aid for political favors...and when he has built up the drama enough....he oulls off his mask to reveal he is Matthew McConaughey.

“Imagine if he were a Democrat”

He does not have the duty to abuse his power by withholding congressionally authorized aid to a foreign nation and attempt to use it as a bribe to manufacture dirt on a political opponent.
The article I posted has decent sections on impoundment of congressional funds and on the Presidents enforcement power.  Its a good read.  By my reading of it our friend JohnnyU may be a bit off base in taking Rubio as an authoritative voice on these matters, but who can say, perhaps I misunderstand the information.  Perhaps those much smarter than I can opine. 

Maurile?  Henry?  Ramsey?  Yankefan? Ivan?  (Oh, for any left off the list I am not sure this is a comprehensive list of those much smarter than I.  In fact such a list would have to also include, at least, Nigel and bigbottom.)

He does not have the duty to abuse his power by withholding congressionally authorized aid to a foreign nation and attempt to use it as a bribe to manufacture dirt on a political opponent.
Pretty sure that is what the article I posted says, in summary, if not as a direct quote.

I trust what's in the constitution.  The President has the duty to investigate corruption of the Biden's and Burisma. 
Hopefully the President’s next move is to fully investigate Hunter and Joes Air Force 2 ride to China to score a $1.5 billion deal. The next shoe to drop.

Of course not.  Silly question.
I asked my kids if they got political opinions from their teachers and they said "no".   However they, gasp, are encouraged to read a variety of news sources and form their own opinions. 

I won't post what they think about the current POTUS as it would be ban worthy but either my children are super geniuses or it's so apparent what Trump is. 

Curious if all the impeachers in this fourm are happy with these expected results?

Time and energy well invested?

Have the proceedings moved the country forward?

I asked my kids if they got political opinions from their teachers and they said "no".   However they, gasp, are encouraged to read a variety of news sources and form their own opinions. 

I won't post what they think about the current POTUS as it would be ban worthy but either my children are super geniuses or it's so apparent what Trump is
Could be both.

Curious if all the impeachers in this thread are happy with these expected results?

1. Can’t speak for anyone else but I am yes. 

2. I believe so, yes. 

3. We’ll find out in November but I am counting on it, yes. 

1. Can’t speak for anyone else but I am yes. 

2. I believe so, yes. 

3. We’ll find out in November but I am counting on it, yes. 
Actually I need to edit #1. I predicted the result and I’m satisfied with it because of what it will lead to, but I’m not happy with it, no. I would have preferred the Republican senators behaved with honor and integrity. More than that even, I would prefer that we didn’t have a corrupt President. 

Jackstraw said:
As aggressively as McConnell does. He wields power like he’s not so much in a democracy as a back alley knife fight. Admittedly it’s effective but corrosive for democracy. He completely stopped any progress while team D was in power and used any means necessary when he was in power. Obama wasted years trying to work with these guys when they said day one their only agenda was to ruin him. Never mind what’s good for the country. So the needle had been moved steadily right for 40 year’s and in my opinion the citizens have suffered for it. 

Dems need to understand what kind of people they are operating against and act accordingly. I haven’t seen an ounce of good faith in Republicans in a generation. So be it. Off with the gloves and let’s mix it up for once. 
Thanks.

Does it seem odd to make it a thing where the other side is doing something bad, but we're going to do it too? 

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Thanks.

Does it seem odd to make it a thing where the other side is doing something bad, but we're going to do it too? 
The alternative is essentially asymmetrical warfare. I agree it’s bad but if the alternative is getting metaphorically beat in the head with a baseball bat I choose to fight as dirty as the guy I’m scrapping with. 

Curious if all the impeachers in this fourm are happy with these expected results?

We knew what would happen, and it shows that any attempt by the GOP to claim any sort of moral high ground going forward will be summarily dismissed as bunk.

:lmao:

You're peddling fake news here.
Just now hearing about this? We have discussed it several times here. Better go educate yourself.
I am quite familiar with the story. It's just another in a long line of fake news/conspiracy theory/Trump-supporter-wishcasting stories, not unlike Pizzagate or all of the breathless claims about various Democrats (Hillary) or public servants (Comey) who are on the verge of being locked up, just as soon as Sessions/Barr/Durham/whoever finish their next investigation.

And every single one of these predictions have failed spectacularly.

Haven't you guys ever stopped to ask yourself why every single one of these conspiracy theories have failed to materialize? Doesn't it bother you that Trump kept promising to "lock up" Hillary, but he hasn't even launched a serious investigation into her, let alone locked her up? Doesn't it bother you that promise after promise after promise goes unfilled? Or do you only care about the validation of your feelings, not results?

I am not happy to learn the extent to which our president manipulated the interests of the country and our national security to his sole benefit and further abused his power by engaging in a cover up.  Further, I am not happy that even his supporters acknowledge all the wrong-doing and lack the moral integrity and courage to do anything about it. 

But, to the extent this impeachment—obstructed as it was—exposed even this much Is a service to the voters.  And for that, I am grateful.  

1. certainly not happy.  Disappointed for sure but not surprised.  

2. doing the right thing is always well invested.

3. definitely moved us, but not sure forward is the right discription.  IMO the proceedings have moved us closer to a totalitarian state where the Executive Branch has no meaningful oversight.  I really hate slippery slope arguments, but it feels to me like we are slipping down a hill.

Doing the right thing in difficult situation is rarely easy. 

They may move things forward...hopefully come November the GOP will be punished for this fiasco and we can move forward.  Rather than continuing to move backwards.

1. certainly not happy.  Disappointed for sure but not surprised.  

2. doing the right thing is always well invested.

3. definitely moved us, but not sure forward is the right discription.  IMO the proceedings have moved us closer to a totalitarian state where the Executive Branch has no meaningful oversight.  I really hate slippery slope arguments, but it feels to me like we are slipping down a hill.
:hifive:

The alternative is essentially asymmetrical warfare. I agree it’s bad but if the alternative is getting metaphorically beat in the head with a baseball bat I choose to fight as dirty as the guy I’m scrapping with. 
Or one could determine to set a good example. Yes in the immediacy of the moment that seems less effective, but I need to believe that in the long run it will more than win out, it will overwhelm.  Then again I can be naïve. 

Users who are viewing this thread