Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Let's play an online poker tournament tonight?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright. Great job everyone! Everyone paid with no real issues. All winners should be paid out now. If you think you have money coming, or if you think I sent the wrong amount, let me know.

Hey fellas, just so everyone knows for some reason PokerStars isn't allowing late registration for these tournaments now. Just looking at twitter I think they've had some bugs allowing some late regis

Yes he did!

1 hour ago, Mr. Ham said:

Yeah. Nice job. We both had the best hand lose a couple times with all ins. I was ready for it to end. Literally had a monkey (my 4yo) on my back for last 10 mins, trying to get me to play.

I have you not paying - if I missed it let me know. I'll subtract $20 from your payout if you didn't pay.

NM: Saw your post above.

Edited by kutta
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

Late Night HORSE

@kutta

@Getzlaf15

@CGRdrJoe

 

paypal:  christopherleebrenner at gmail dot com

 

venmo: @cbrenneral

 

It was $1500 each, correct?

Yep. $1500 each. I sent you the payment for all.

Edited by kutta
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I had a whole thing typed out with how much everyone got paid out for both games, blah blah blah. But I deleted it by accident.

If there was a mistake last night, let me know. I think I got it all right.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@UniAlias   Hey, can you move the NL tourney up permanently 30 minutes to 8:30pm ET?      We've had good turn outs for the PLO8 at 10pm ET, and I've set that up to run at that time each night.   Don't want them to overlap.  Thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

@UniAlias   Hey, can you move the NL tourney up permanently 30 minutes to 8:30pm ET?      We've had good turn outs for the PLO8 at 10pm ET, and I've set that up to run at that time each night.   Don't want them to overlap.  Thanks 

Done.  The 9:00PM ET tournament will now run at 8:30PM ET each night.  I kept the blind intervals at 5 minutes, but increased the starting chips from 3k to 5k.  Let me know if anyone has any objections to this or any further suggestions.  I cancelled the 2nd scheduled recurring NLH tournament since we have an Omaha game, but we can always create one on the fly if there are a bunch of folks wanting a 2nd NLH game.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UniAlias said:

Done.  The 9:00PM ET tournament will now run at 8:30PM ET each night.  I kept the blind intervals at 5 minutes, but increased the starting chips from 3k to 5k.  Let me know if anyone has any objections to this or any further suggestions.  I cancelled the 2nd scheduled recurring NLH tournament since we have an Omaha game, but we can always create one on the fly if there are a bunch of folks wanting a 2nd NLH game.

I think the 5k will be better... thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, UniAlias said:

Done.  The 9:00PM ET tournament will now run at 8:30PM ET each night.  I kept the blind intervals at 5 minutes, but increased the starting chips from 3k to 5k.  Let me know if anyone has any objections to this or any further suggestions.  I cancelled the 2nd scheduled recurring NLH tournament since we have an Omaha game, but we can always create one on the fly if there are a bunch of folks wanting a 2nd NLH game.

When we have a good turnout for the early tournament, it goes really close to 1.5 hours as it is. I think almost doubling the chips will make the games overlap, which is tough.

My vote would be to keep things the same in the early game. But, I'm willing to try it to see how it goes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, kutta said:

When we have a good turnout for the early tournament, it goes really close to 1.5 hours as it is. I think almost doubling the chips will make the games overlap, which is tough.

My vote would be to keep things the same in the early game. But, I'm willing to try it to see how it goes.

Maybe slow down the blinds 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CGRdrJoe said:

Maybe slow down the blinds 

I considered this as well, but they're currently set to 5 minutes, and the next interval would be 10 minutes.  I think that would have a larger time impact than the 3k->5k starting chip stack.  

I guess we'll see how tonight goes.  We can continue to tweak things as the group sees fit.  It just seems like when we have a decent turn-out it quickly devolves into an all-in fest. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

I would rather play for say 50 bucks and have longer blind levels and more starting chips.    But whatever.

There is some support for a pricier game. I know @Getzlaf15, @The Scorpion, and I would all play for $50. Maybe we carve out a game once a week with higher limits?

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

I would rather play for say 50 bucks and have longer blind levels and more starting chips.    But whatever.

 

7 minutes ago, kutta said:

There is some support for a pricier game. I know @Getzlaf15, @The Scorpion, and I would all play for $50. Maybe we carve out a game once a week with higher limits?

I think we should designate one day where both tourneys are $40 entry fees.  JMO.   We did the PLO8 with 10,000 starting chips last night to try it.  We had 13 entries. When we got to the final table, I asked all about the 10k chip start and everyone really liked it. That tournament last two hours.  You could make a mistake/get bad beat and not feel like you were immediately in all-in mode.

Edited by Getzlaf15
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

 

I think we should designate one day where both tourneys are $40 entry fees.  JMO.   We did the PLO8 with 10,000 starting chips last night to try it.  We had 13 entries. When we got to the final table, I asked all about the 10k chip start and everyone really liked it. That tournament last two hours.  You could make a mistake/get bad beat and not feel like you were immediately in all-in mode.

I'd be on board for that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Had to adjust it so the 4 guys who like Omaha can get the game started earlier.

had 13 last night. played at same time as tonight.  Moved the NL because started with 5k chips, not 3.  Will last longer

Link to post
Share on other sites

And yet another fun night of poker. We do have to figure out the timing, but we'll get it down.

Here are the payouts.

First game (11 players, $220 prize pool)

1. kutta (1st w/ chop of 40% = $88)

2. whodey1989 (@cheese) (2nd w/ chop of 30% = $66 - $20 = $46) - I sent $54 by accident, so if you could send back $8 at some point, Mary will thank you.

3. FBG_Shiznittttt (@SHIZNITTTT)  (2nd w/ chop of 30% = $66 - $20 = $46) - I sent $54 by accident, so if you could send back $8 at some point, Mary will thank you also.

Second game (7 players, $140 prize pool)

1. FBGDRZ (@Getzlaf15) (1st = $100 - $20 for HORSE entry fee = $80)

2. FBG_FDAS (@Fat Drunk and Stupid) (2nd = $40 - $20 for HORSE entry fee = $20)

Third game (4 players, $80 prize pool)

1. kutta (paid out)

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd really like to establish a rule where we pay BEFORE the game starts. It makes it much easier to pay out when everyone pays, and then the winners get paid out. It just complicates things when I have to take entry fees out of winnings. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I have a fancy schmancy spreadsheet set up for payouts, and it's just much easier to track things when everyone pays.

So, sign up for the tournament, and pay the banker. Make it a two step process. Your banker will thank you.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kutta said:

I'd really like to establish a rule where we pay BEFORE the game starts. It makes it much easier to pay out when everyone pays, and then the winners get paid out. It just complicates things when I have to take entry fees out of winnings. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I have a fancy schmancy spreadsheet set up for payouts, and it's just much easier to track things when everyone pays.

So, sign up for the tournament, and pay the banker. Make it a two step process. Your banker will thank you.

Mary wouldn't do that to us.   :D

  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kutta said:

I'd really like to establish a rule where we pay BEFORE the game starts. It makes it much easier to pay out when everyone pays, and then the winners get paid out. It just complicates things when I have to take entry fees out of winnings. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I have a fancy schmancy spreadsheet set up for payouts, and it's just much easier to track things when everyone pays.

So, sign up for the tournament, and pay the banker. Make it a two step process. Your banker will thank you.

Completely agree.  I think part of the problem is the folks that join in the late reg period.  They're focused on playing right away. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ned said:

Completely agree.  I think part of the problem is the folks that join in the late reg period.  They're focused on playing right away. 

I agree that’s part of it. But it takes like 10 seconds to PayPal money. 
 

1. Register

2. Pay

It’s a two step process. We got this!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

In the first 37 hands, I've flopped a set of 9's five times.

How does that even happen?

Maybe I'm on a historic run of bad cards, but I might get pairs pre-flop twice a whole tournament and guaranteed that I get knocked out with someone holding a J-K  or something similar to my 9s. I'm waiting to hear back from an exorcist, but there aren't too many making house-calls during this coronavirus situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing to add but I will be donating again this Friday night.  Had far better hands last Friday than I did the Friday before, but still gave it all up in the end.  Ugh.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...