What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (3 Viewers)

You categorically answered neither. 

Your reply is solely focused on an entirely orthogonal argument about it being racist to exclude businesses on the basis of skin color or sexual orientation. This has nothing whatsoever to do with the Biden administration seeking to provide equal access to resources for minority businesses. Equal access does not equate to exclusion.

You didn't address the question about cabinet members whatsoever.

Without further explanation or supporting context, you leave the assumption that those selected to the Cabinet were done so only because of the color of their skin or their orientation, and not on the basis of their worth, and that providing minority-owned businesses with the same access to resources as non-minority businesses is wrong.

The first is misguided and completely unfounded. The second is racist.
They literally said they were going to select people to positions because of their skin color.

You're out of your mind if you think that wasn't a factor, which would then make it racist or sexist or whatever.

8 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:
You categorically answered neither. 

Your reply is solely focused on an entirely orthogonal argument about it being racist to exclude businesses on the basis of skin color or sexual orientation. This has nothing whatsoever to do with the Biden administration seeking to provide equal access to resources for minority businesses. Equal access does not equate to exclusion.

You didn't address the question about cabinet members whatsoever.

Without further explanation or supporting context, you leave the assumption that those selected to the Cabinet were done so only because of the color of their skin or their orientation, and not on the basis of their worth, and that providing minority-owned businesses with the same access to resources as non-minority businesses is wrong.

The first is misguided and completely unfounded. The second is racist.
Expand  
They literally said they were going to select people to positions because of their skin color.

You're out of your mind if you think that wasn't a factor, which would then make it racist or sexist or whatever.
I cant find reference to this.  Can you help?

This is the search I did:  https://www.google.com/search?q=biden+choosing+cabinent+members+because+of+their+skin+color&rlz=1C1OKWM_enUS866US866&oq=biden+choosing+cabinent+members+because+of+their+skin+color&aqs=chrome..69i57.9847j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I’m just happy that we’re even having this discussion. Making racial diversity a factor in high visibility positions is a controversial subject for debate (though IMO it really shouldn’t be)  - but it’s also a NORMAL issue for debate. There’s nothing crazy about it, nothing extreme or conspiracy based, it’s not based on lies or false information, and it’s unlikely to result in rioting or personal insults. Discussing stuff like this is in itself a return to sanity. 

So, no comment on providing equal access to minority-owned businesses. OK then.

And you think it's wrong for Biden to seek diversity in his Cabinet. Got it.

Myself, I applaud it. In addition to being long overdue, and creating a better representation of the make-up of the nation the government represents, there are tons of studies that prove diversity improves performance and decision-making overall.

Some things for you to dig into about diversity if you care to educate yourself further:

https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Ethical-Decision-Making%3A-Group-Diversity-Holds-the-DeGrassi-Morgan/7a11c871288a783e891f6b09848ed5b53fa5856d

https://www.forbes.com/sites/annapowers/2018/06/27/a-study-finds-that-diverse-companies-produce-19-more-revenue/?sh=263448fa506f

https://blog.capterra.com/7-studies-that-prove-the-value-of-diversity-in-the-workplace/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/caterinabulgarella/2018/11/19/why-the-increased-diversity-of-the-next-congress-is-a-victory-for-ethics/?sh=2ea9ffcf690f

Since white, Christian, males don't have 100% of the power like they've had for almost the entirety of the US history, they've been convinced THEY are the victims of some nefarious plot.

If BladeRunner's accusations were true, they're not, then his beef seems to be that there are more qualified white people that deserve these jobs. 

It's horrible that the right wing keeps spreading this narrative. 

• U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams says the Biden administration has asked him to step down.
  • Joe Biden will cancel Trump's 1776 Commission.
:thumbup:

Biden Day One executive actions:

Re-engage WHO Unified fed COVID response

Extend eviction & foreclosure moratoriums

Extend student loan pause

Rejoin Paris Agreement

Roll back Trump environmental actions

Reverse Trump census order

Reverse Muslim ban

Stop border wall construction

Biden Day One executive actions:

Re-engage WHO Unified fed COVID response

Extend eviction & foreclosure moratoriums

Extend student loan pause

Rejoin Paris Agreement

Roll back Trump environmental actions

Reverse Trump census order

Reverse Muslim ban

Stop border wall construction
the ones that bothered me most were End Keystone XL pipeline and Count non-citizens in U.S. Census again

killing our energy independence and watching gas at the pump surge is an economic killer, and counting illegally here people is politically motivated to ensure CA gets more representatives in the future

End so-called "Muslim travel ban ............. if another terrorist attack happens by the hands of people coming over on Joe's watch, I hope Democrats place the blame where it lies

Since white, Christian, males don't have 100% of the power like they've had for almost the entirety of the US history, they've been convinced THEY are the victims of some nefarious plot.

If BladeRunner's accusations were true, they're not, then his beef seems to be that there are more qualified white people that deserve these jobs. 

It's horrible that the right wing keeps spreading this narrative. 
Beyond frustrating are the cries of racism from people as corporations and governments want their groups to reflect the various backgrounds and races that are represented in our great country.  

I just want to survive the next 4 years - I'm very afraid for our country .... I hope it doesn't go the way I anticipate and if King Biden issues the 17 executive orders and rules the lands that way all the time, .... ughhhhh

maybe I'll be wrong - time will tell
Yeah, it’s scary watching people of all backgrounds come together. 

Yeah, it’s scary watching people of all backgrounds come together. 
um .... Biden is alienating supporters of border control, legal immigration, gun owners, conservatives, Trump voters, ..... there isn't a "come together". Biden shows me very little to suggest he's trying to be "my President" but we will see, its just day one but the king's executive orders so far I do not like

I'm curious to see if stocks continue to rise with the upcoming inflation, energy costs soaring, increasing national debt, lower employment rates etc

we will see

the ones that bothered me most were End Keystone XL pipeline and Count non-citizens in U.S. Census again

killing our energy independence and watching gas at the pump surge is an economic killer, and counting illegally here people is politically motivated to ensure CA gets more representatives in the future

End so-called "Muslim travel ban ............. if another terrorist attack happens by the hands of people coming over on Joe's watch, I hope Democrats place the blame where it lies
You do realize we still import our oil from the middle east and around he globe right? Our refineries can only refine light sweet crude. 

We export all this oil you speak of. This is a facade you have been fed.

In 2019, the United States imported about 9.14 million barrels per day (MMb/d) of petroleum from about 90 countries. ... Crude oil imports of about 6.80 MMb/d accounted for about 74% of U.S. total gross petroleum imports in 2019, and non-crude oil petroleumaccounted for about 26% of U.S. total gross petroleum imports.

Energy independence?

So let’s get this straight. You do realize the price of oil is where it’s at because the supply is vast and the demand has shrunk...you get that right? 

Supply and demand. Simple concept.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember how the right was telling everyone that the stock market would crash if Biden won?  This isn't a victory lap.  Just hoping that people reading this, that believed that, may understand that they are continually lied to and are tried to be controlled with fear.
I don’t even bother. 

The market could give a rats ### about who is in the White House. It has been proven over the last 100 years of market history. 

In fact.....history has proven that the markets have historically performed better under a Democratic White House. But who cares about facts and mathematic truth. It does not get clicks.

Biden's first round of Executive orders... what do we think they are? 

National mask mandate? 

What 2A moves? Mandatory background checks? More? 

What else? 

Lord knows I'm not the biggest fan of the guy but it was sure nice to see a president and not be all tense. Here's hoping for the best in the next few years... hope he surprises the heck out of me.

I'm a little concerned on the alleged stonewall the pentagon officials were giving the transition team but I need to read more about ir

The keystone pipeline is for Canada to export their crude oil. If we kill the project it actually helps our energy independence because they are forced to sell that oil to us for cheaper than what they can get on the free market.

My source is a career of working for big oil.

1) The pipeline is symbolic more than anything else, and we are basically energy independent now due to natural gas more so than oil.

2) The census counting non Citizens is less about representation and more about resources.  Again, symbolic and should not bother you a whit. 

3) The travel ban didn't stop terrorism.  It just moved it from Muslims to white males in punisher shirts.

You do realize we still import our oil from the middle east and around he globe right? Our refineries can only refine light sweet crude. 

We export all this oil you speak of. This is a facade you have been fed.

In 2019, the United States imported about 9.14 million barrels per day (MMb/d) of petroleum from about 90 countries. ... Crude oil imports of about 6.80 MMb/d accounted for about 74% of U.S. total gross petroleum imports in 2019, and non-crude oil petroleumaccounted for about 26% of U.S. total gross petroleum imports.

Energy independence?

So let’s get this straight. You do realize the price of oil is where it’s at because the supply is vast and the demand has shrunk...you get that right? 

Supply and demand. Simple concept.

Stealthy cat was wrong, but your response to him was also wrong. I guess two wrongs do not make a right.

The Keystone XL pipeline is for Canada to export oil globally, currently they are forced to sell that oil to the US. In fact the US imports more oil from Canada than from anywhere else in the world. Mexico is another large supplier of oil to the US. We do not import much oil from the middle east anymore.

If the keystone XL pipeline was built the US would be forced to import more oil from the middle east because Canada could sell their oil on the open market.

US refineries do have the ability to refine heavy oil although this is more regional in nature.

And you think it's wrong for Biden to seek diversity in his Cabinet. Got it.

I don't believe there is anything wrong with Biden choosing to seek diversity in his Cabinet. He gets to pick them, all previous POTUS do and did, for whatever criteria they found relevant, so that's that with all of that. He's President, this comes with the job.

Two issues with the Cabinet

1) Not just Biden, and not just Trump, but with anyone gaining POTUS.  The idea that a large number of cabinet seats are basically quid pro quo for services previously rendered in the campaign or with money related interests. This is a general concern with all Presidents, not just Biden

2) The reality that if Biden did NOT pick a heavily "diverse" group, then it would be immediately met with outrage and activism from the woke cancel culture. This 2nd issue is more troubling. Then it becomes, you are free to pick who you like, but it better be who we ( woked out radicals) like or else.

Look at Elliott/Ellen Page as an example.

Someone who is biologically still a woman ( woke cancel culture lefties can feel free not to argue with a fact here, no matter how much it hurts their wokeness) but identifies as a "queer white man" ( her new bio, don't blame me) but is still married to a gay woman. And on the show The Umbrella Academy plays a woman who is gay.

So other actors/actresses  (Scarlett Johanssen recently) can't play who they are not in real life ( special needs, gay, etc) but Elliot/Ellen Page can be biologically a woman ( fact), identify as a gay man, still be married to a gay woman, somehow holding together what was a legal lesbian marriage still, but playing a gay white woman on TV? And yet no one in the woke world is outraged over this?

Actually someone will be offended I used the term "Elliott/Ellen Page" when it's clear if I didn't, then there's a good chance someone out there will have no idea who I am talking about , if I only used Elliott Page, since it happened only a short while ago. ( Never mind all people in society MUST INSTANTLY use a different name and gender identity over someone they've seen for years as a public celebrity as a different way. Such tolerance at work! )

You literally need a flow chart at this point.

What no one talks about? It's called ACTING. I'm OK with Denzel Washington not being a former boxer or a dirty LA street cop or a former CIA guy working at a Home Depot and moonlights killing random criminals. Would the Equalizer face a boycott since they didn't cast a real guy from Home Depot who used to work for the CIA as an assassin? Look at how badly society has oppressed people from Langley who can use a power drill!

The point being not only is the immediately "cancelling" threat real and will drive decision making for professional politicians,  but like in the Elliott/Ellen Page situation, it's clear there is no real consistency at work.

Diversity? Fine, have at it. It could be fair, it could be unfair, either way it's how life works when people get hired.

But threat of being deplatformed, demonetized, demonized and dragged through the mud with no real bearing of actual consistency? That's pure insanity.

That Biden could not pick someone else who was NOT seen as diverse enough without massive public penalty says there is something very very very wrong with any situation like this.

I will say in reality, being an middle upper class white dude. I don't think a sitting president has affected my daily life since I've been an adult...

I will say in reality, being an middle upper class white dude. I don't think a sitting president has affected my daily life since I've been an adult...
Seriously, one's governor probably has more impact. Mine legalized weed and gambling. Let's see Trump or Biden match that.

17 executive orders including: 

Mask mandate for federal buildings 

Rejoin the Paris Climate accords

Rejoin the WHO

Rescind the Muslim Travel Ban 

Rescind military prohibitions on transsexuals

Well done, Mr President! 

That goes to show just how lucky we have it as middle upper class white dudes. 

But, sitting Presidents have affected the lives of non middle upper class white dudes.  So, it's about time we try to help those not like us to be able to also sit down and finally say "I don't think a sitting president has affected my daily life since I've been an adult..."

Seriously, one's governor probably has more impact. Mine legalized weed and gambling. Let's see Trump or Biden match that.
And make no mistake I think a president should do "what's best" the the country and people on a whole just a personal note. I bet there are many folks in this country that are  die hard "insert affiliation here" when at the end of the day many may have a little more or little less out of their pocket year to year.  But yet still get overly pissed of a stuff that really has no affect.

And I know it's not like that for evryobe. I know there are people struggling. It's probably why I don't follow politics actually that closely.

Hey, I don't mean to sound snarky or anything, but it would be to your benefit and to your credit if you familiarized yourself with the Constitution (and other relevant laws) before making posts like this. Because we have always counted non-citizens in the census.

We shouldnt be wasting time and resources on fossil fuels. We need to lead the world in an energy revolution.

That goes to show just how lucky we have it as middle upper class white dudes. 

But, sitting Presidents have affected the lives of non middle upper class white dudes.  So, it's about time we try to help those not like us to be able to also sit down and finally say "I don't think a sitting president has affected my daily life since I've been an adult..."
I don't disagree.  I was poor growing up. I don't know what programs affected me as a kid etc.  

Canadiens ripping on Biden on revoking Keystone pipeline permit.  I live 45 minutes from Canada and pick up Windsor radio and our local radio has Canadians on.  Thought Joe would reconsider or at least wait before pissing off Canada after Trudeau urged him to rethink this.   They are not happy with Joes first day.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Canadiens ripping on Biden on revoking Keystone pipeline permit.  I live 45 minutes from Canada and pick up Windsor radio and our local radio has Canadians on.  Thought Joe would reconsider or at least wait before pissing off Canada after Trudeau urged him to rethink this.   They are not happy with Joes first day.  
Trudeau is his very first foreign leader call. This Friday I believe.  

Trudeau is his very first foreign leader call. This Friday I believe.  
Everybody will call..as they should.   Trudeau wants Biden to reconsider as he should.  I was hoping Biden would put this one on the back burner for awhile as it does have a big impact on Canada and our energy future as well. It would behoove the USA and Canada be as far away from ME as an energy source as possible.

Make Politics Boring Again!
I intentionally didn’t watch much the last couple weeks but just flipped on the TV and catching the first briefing.  It’s a breath of fresh air.  Seems normal, mostly regular questions (save the Trump ones) and actual answers (I’m sure mixed with some half truths, I expect that).  Completely boring - love it.

Users who are viewing this thread