What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How Much Voter Fraud Happened In 2020? (4 Viewers)

How much voter fraud do you think happened in 2020?

• I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was rampant - enough to impact the outcome.

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was real - enough to maybe impact the outcome.

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was minimal - not enough to make a real impact

Votes: 65 13.7%
  • I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was virtually non existent - no impact at all

Votes: 269 56.9%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was rampant - enough to impact the outcome.

Votes: 26 5.5%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was real - enough to maybe impact the outcome.

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was minimal - not enough to make a real impact

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was virtually non existent - no impact at all

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was rampant - enough to impact the ou

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was real - enough to maybe impact the

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was minimal - not enough to make a re

Votes: 20 4.2%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was virtually non existent - no impac

Votes: 18 3.8%

• Total voters
oof.

Ron Filipkowski@RonFilipkowski

The Australian Broadcasting Corp has released an amazing documentary called, “Fox and The Big Lie.” Here, reporter Sarah Ferguson eviscerates Sidney Powell, causing her to walk off the set.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1432505118595891212

(To be fair, she never should have agreed to sit for the interview in the first place...)
Sidney Powell constantly makes poor decisions it seems.

oof.

The Australian Broadcasting Corp has released an amazing documentary called, “Fox and The Big Lie.” Here, reporter Sarah Ferguson eviscerates Sidney Powell, causing her to walk off the set.

(To be fair, she never should have agreed to sit for the interview in the first place...)
At least she's honest:
"I'm not prepared to accept that fact"

People of this country seem to have a blind eye towards the reality that the rest of this world is watching us and what goes on here.  To your point, I have no idea why she'd even agree to sit for the interview.  Only thing I can think is that she thought this news group wasn't paying attention to the fiasco?  I'm not sure it's even safe for her to go on FoxNews with the likes of Wallace or Baier.  Places like Breitbart, Conservative Treehouse and their kind are about the only safe spaces she has left.

Last edited by a moderator:
oof.

This is a really good documentary…

After she walks out, She briefly returns to spout more easily disproven lies.

Fox Nation host Tomi Lahren pushed forth a growing Fox News narrative on Tuesday that California Gov. Gavin Newsom will only survive the California recall by rigging the election, outright claiming that the “only thing” that will save him is “voter fraud

Link

That the right keeps pushing this narrative and the possible ramifications are so incredibly scary.    :(

IMO and this is a working theory based off edibles and boredom...

Trump et al KNEW and KNOW they lost the election.  They never had any doubts.  However, with an eye to return in 2024, a game plan emerged and I think it might be more diabolical then we ever imagined Trump could be.

The strategy is simple:  Sow seeds of doubt in our election process, even if it's a bold faced lie.  Go to war against the current voting processes at the local, state and federal levels  - cast doubt about mail ballots, absentee ballots, the voting machines themselves (until the makers of the machines pushed back).  If you create this narrative and let the media push it, it'll potentially keep voters away from the polls - the same voters that were galvanized to vote against Trump in 2020.  Make it harder for minorities to vote.  Harder for blue collar workers to vote.  Discourage the youth of America to vote in the future.  

His pathway to return is contingent upon placing doubt in the system.  It doesn't hurt that Biden has been largely bad and his VP largely invisible.  We're in for a rude awakening in 2024 and I'm not going to be caught by surprise this time.  This is their playbook and they're winning.

Trump et al KNEW and KNOW they lost the election.  They never had any doubts.  However, with an eye to return in 2024, a game plan emerged and I think it might be more diabolical then we ever imagined Trump could be.

The strategy is simple:  Sow seeds of doubt in our election process, even if it's a bold faced lie.  Go to war against the current voting processes at the local, state and federal levels  - cast doubt about mail ballots, absentee ballots, the voting machines themselves (until the makers of the machines pushed back).  If you create this narrative and let the media push it, it'll potentially keep voters away from the polls - the same voters that were galvanized to vote against Trump in 2020.  Make it harder for minorities to vote.  Harder for blue collar workers to vote.  Discourage the youth of America to vote in the future.  

His pathway to return is contingent upon placing doubt in the system.  It doesn't hurt that Biden has been largely bad and his VP largely invisible.  We're in for a rude awakening in 2024 and I'm not going to be caught by surprise this time.  This is their playbook and they're winning.

While I mostly agree with your analysis the problem for the GOP in the long run is the US demographics.   They will likely win the mid-terms and there's a good chance they'll win the White House in 2024 (especially if Trump isn't the nominee) but older white people will soon be a minority and the GOP's lack of diversification is going to be a problem long term unless they change their playbook.

I could see any of that being true but I don’t really get the bolded - why would the Big Lie make those who oppose Trump not vote?  

I could see any of that being true but I don’t really get the bolded - why would the Big Lie make those who oppose Trump not vote?  

We saw a record number of voters this year, correct?  If that's true, then we had a lot of FIRST time voters, right?  Does that seem logical? 

Ok, these first time voters - regardless of who they voted for - have seen months and months of misinformation trying to discredit our voting systems. My theory is that apathetic voters who were galvanized in 2020 will return to apathy because they've just been fed a steady diet of BS that their vote was awash in a sea of fraud.  

And let's not forget the 14-17 year old kids who were too young to vote in 2020 but will be old enough in 2024. I have to think many of them actually believe the voting process is tainted and if they buy that, they may not vote.  Those young voters are key to keeping Trump out.  If you sow doubt in the process, you may keep them home.  

Everything is on the table.  I'm just trying to understand why this big lie is perpetuated still.  

Seems more like a poorly thought out short term plan
The appointments, all for life, have led to the ideological “flip” of three of the country’s 13 federal appeals courts, one level below the Supreme Court. The Atlanta-based 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, the Manhattan-based 2nd Circuit and the Philadelphia-based 3rd Circuit all had Democratic-appointed majorities when Trump became president in 2017

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-legacy-factbox/factbox-donald-trumps-legacy-six-policy-takeaways-idUSKBN27F1GK

I'm just trying to understand why this big lie is perpetuated still.  
I think the much simpler explanation is this:

1. Trump pushes the Big Lie narrative.
  2. His followers believe him and donate money to his PACs to help stop the steal.
  3. Trump likes money, and continues to push the narrative.
  4. The rest of the GOP knows they need Trump's followers to win future elections.
  5. Trump punishes any GOP member who opposes the narrative.
  6. The rest of the GOP is forced to push the narrative in order to keep Trump's blessing.

2. His followers believe him and donate money to his PACs to help stop the steal.
  4. The rest of the GOP knows they need Trump's followers to win future elections.
  6. The rest of the GOP is forced to push the narrative in order to keep Trump's blessing.
7. Trump followers believe the Big Lie and see boogeymen everywhere. Republicans can now only lose an election if its rigged.

Well, when you put it like that....

;)

Trump et al KNEW and KNOW they lost the election.  They never had any doubts.  However, with an eye to return in 2024, a game plan emerged and I think it might be more diabolical then we ever imagined Trump could b

all I know is that there better be 15-20 million more mail in ballots this election in 2024 that GOP has ever gotten before

and Democrats better not EVER question where they came from 

anything less and I'll be very disappointed that the GOP hasn't learned the rules of the game they're playing

all I know is that there better be 15-20 million more mail in ballots this election in 2024 that GOP has ever gotten before

anything less and I'll be very disappointed that the GOP hasn't learned the rules of the game they're playing
I agree.  It's so much easier to vote by mail.  I don't even have to put pants on.

It is amazing to me that you hold such a powerful conviction about something without a) understanding how mail in voting works and b) zero evidence to support your conviction that there was fraud.  

remarkable. 

If they try to vote fraudulently in 2024 they will quickly learn just how difficult it is to do so. My daughter voted mail in ballot in 2020 and had to go get it notarized before she could mail it in. 

Stealthycat said:

First off it was the President that was discouraging Republicans to vote by mail.  

Regarding questioning of mail-in ballots:  the Republicans have had 10 months to show proof of fraud in the 2020 election and have come up with nothing.  

It seems to me that you should be upset with the President for not taking advantage of mail-in voting and his legal team and the My Pillow Guy for their inability to show any evidence of fraud in an election you believe was blatantly rigged.

First off it was the President that was discouraging Republicans to vote by mail. 
Trump followers seem to have selective amnesia about this. It was Trump who first claimed, without basis, that mail in ballots were ripe with fraud. He set the table. The GOP knew that in some key states mail ins would be counted last - setting up the narrative that "overnight Biden's numbers went up" knowing that mail in ballots would overwhelmingly support Biden.

Then Trump discouraged vote by mail for Republicans, now they wonder why the Dems had such an advantage with them.

But hey, its easier to just baselessly claim voter fraud.

this isnt hard when you cant win with all the people voting you just make sure that the people who wont vote for you dont get to vote thats the game plan and anyone says otherwise is lying to you take that to the bank brohans 

A group called “True the Vote” is doing a lot of important work on this front.  Check them out.  

This is the group that was sued by one of their investors who (unbelievably) gave them $2.5m to file lawsuits in 7 states last fall.  He later learned that they only filed 4 lawsuits. The timeline is crazy.  He gave them $2m on November 5th.  At the request of the director of True the Vote, he wired an additional $500k on November 13th.  He was told they need over $7m to file all these huge lawsuits that were going to reverse the election.  On November 16th, all four lawsuits they'd filed were voluntarily dismissed - meaning, these cases weren't dismissed by the Court on motion. Rather, the True the Vote lawyer just voluntarily withdrew them in the face of a defense motion.  He'd had a meeting earlier that same day to get an update on his investment and they neglected to mention this to him. I've not followed up on it, but hope he got his money back.

Here's the Complaint in the lawsuit: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/20417514/truethevote.pdf

This is the group that was sued by one of their investors who (unbelievably) gave them $2.5m to file lawsuits in 7 states last fall.  He later learned that they only filed 4 lawsuits. The timeline is crazy.  He gave them $2m on November 5th.  At the request of the director of True the Vote, he wired an additional $500k on November 13th.  He was told they need over $7m to file all these huge lawsuits that were going to reverse the election.  On November 16th, all four lawsuits they'd filed were voluntarily dismissed - meaning, these cases weren't dismissed by the Court on motion. Rather, the True the Vote lawyer just voluntarily withdrew them in the face of a defense motion.  He'd had a meeting earlier that same day to get an update on his investment and they neglected to mention this to him. I've not followed up on it, but hope he got his money back.

Here's the Complaint in the lawsuit: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/20417514/truethevote.pdf
Lol.  So awesome and so fitting.  Such a sham.  It’s unbelievable people keep getting sucked into this.  

oops, grift

Looks like there is more to this story

https://www.bopplaw.com/victory-lawsuit-against-true-the-vote-dismissed/

Expand  
Looks like there is more to this story

https://www.bopplaw.com/victory-lawsuit-against-true-the-vote-dismissed/

Good for True the Vote I guess that they were able to fight this guy on a technical legal issue and won the right to keep all his money.  I guess he's a successful hedge fund guy in North Carolina, so I suppose $2.5m is probably pocket change, but he's got to feel like a stooge to be publicly humiliated by these grifters. 

CletiusMaximus said:
Good for True the Vote I guess that they were able to fight this guy on a technical legal issue and won the right to keep all his money.  I guess he's a successful hedge fund guy in North Carolina, so I suppose $2.5m is probably pocket change, but he's got to feel like a stooge to be publicly humiliated by these grifters. 
Hard to feel sympathy for a conspiracy theory stooge. Sometimes justice comes in a strange form.

CletiusMaximus said:
knowledge dropper said:
A group called “True the Vote” is doing a lot of important work on this front.  Check them out.  

Oh FFS  :lmao:

Seriously?  :lmao:  

Chris Christie on Thursday:

"We need to give our supporters facts that will help them put all those fantasies to rest so everyone can focus with clear minds on the issues that really matter," Christie said. "We need to quit wasting our time, our energy, and our credibility on claims that won't ever convince anyone of anything." 

"All this lying has done harm to our nation, to our party, and to each other," he said, and he sought to remind the audience of the Republican Party's values, which he listed as conservatism, faith, decency, integrity, freedom, liberty, competence and truth.

Christie also went after Republicans who indulge Mr. Trump's election claims, saying that "pretending we won when we lost is a waste of time and energy and credibility" while he urged Republican supporters to denounce the conspiracy theories and fight back against liberals with conservative ideas.  

Paul Ryan at the same event:

"If the conservative cause depends on the populist appeal of one personality, or on second-rate imitations, then we're not going anywhere. Voters looking for Republican leaders want to see independence and mettle," Ryan said, adding, "They will not be impressed by the sight of yes-men and flatterers flocking to Mar-a-Lago."

It's time for the GOP to repudiate and move on from Trump and the lies.  They are their own worst enemy at this point.  

"We need to give our supporters facts that will help them put all those fantasies to rest so everyone can focus with clear minds on the issues that really matter," Christie said. "We need to quit wasting our time, our energy, and our credibility on claims that won't ever convince anyone of anything." 

"All this lying has done harm to our nation, to our party, and to each other," he said, and he sought to remind the audience of the Republican Party's values, which he listed as conservatism, faith, decency, integrity, freedom, liberty, competence and truth.

Christie also went after Republicans who indulge Mr. Trump's election claims, saying that "pretending we won when we lost is a waste of time and energy and credibility" while he urged Republican supporters to denounce the conspiracy theories and fight back against liberals with conservative ideas.  

"If the conservative cause depends on the populist appeal of one personality, or on second-rate imitations, then we're not going anywhere. Voters looking for Republican leaders want to see independence and mettle," Ryan said, adding, "They will not be impressed by the sight of yes-men and flatterers flocking to Mar-a-Lago."

It's time for the GOP to repudiate and move on from Trump and the lies.  They are their own worst enemy at this point.  
They kissed their political careers goodbye.  

Clearly just RINO’s and turncoats.  

Point proven immediately
yep.  if the GOP would let go of the lies, they could admit that Trump got crushed and that they have a great opportunity to do well in 2022 if they move on from Trump populism and return to conservative values.  democrats are imploding and the GOP is saying "hold my beer."

Court Dismisses Right-Wing Group’s Counterclaims in Georgia Voter Intimidation Suit

Today, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia dismissed counterclaims brought by right-wing group True the Vote against Fair Fight, a voting rights organization based in Georgia. Fair Fight filed suit against True the Vote in December 2020 to challenge True the Vote’s voter intimidation tactics in Georgia. The complaint alleges that these actions — which include challenging eligible Georgia voters’ registrations, recruiting partisan poll watchers and offering a monetary award to anyone who finds evidence of “illegal voting” — are likely to intimidate voters in violation of the Voting Rights Act (VRA). The District Court denied the plaintiffs’ request for injunctive relief but noted “grave concerns” about True the Vote’s practices.

In response, True the Vote filed five counterclaims against Fair Fight. Both sides agreed that the first four counterclaims were defenses to the initial suit brought by Fair Fight, and not affirmative claims asserted against Fair Fight. True the Vote will file an amended answer that includes these claims, per the District Court’s order today. The last counterclaim alleged that Fair Fight itself was engaged in voter intimidation by accusing True the Vote of engaging in voter suppression and filing this lawsuit. The District Court held that such an accusation did not qualify as voter intimidation under the VRA, writing that the examples of “intimidation” that True the Vote provided are “not plausibly intimidating or threatening.” The Court agreed with Fair Fight’s argument that the VRA “does not protect an individual who challenges another person’s eligibility to vote or attempts to disqualify another person from voting.” None of True the Vote’s counterclaims remain in the case, which will now move forward to address Fair Fight’s initial claims of voter intimidation by True the Vote.
court ruling

They kissed their political careers goodbye.  
In an attempt to save their party. But unfortunately for the GOP you are probably right. Christie probably thinks it’s better just to get paid to appear on shows like “This week with George Stephanopoulis” giving bold accurate analysis. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread