What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kyle Rittenhouse Trial: Defense Rests. Resisting the urge to go full HT and just purge this crapshow of a thread. (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as I suspected what is shown is what happened before Rittenhouse started chasing Rosenbaum (narrator references Rosenbaum throwing a plastic bag at Rittenhouse).  We need to see the FBI infrared surveillance tape that happened after what that.

It completely contradicted what you said about Rittenhouse not having is back to Rosenbaum, but now it is just as you suspected.  Ok.   Not that it matters, but just funny. 

It completely contradicted what you said about Rittenhouse not having is back to Rosenbaum, but now it is just as you suspected.  Ok.   Not that it matters, but just funny. 

Dude, that happened before. I was talking about what happened afterwards, which hopefully will be confirmed by the FBI tape.

Dude, that happened before. I was talking about what happened afterwards, which hopefully will be confirmed by the FBI tape.

Before what?  The chain of events was as follows 

1. Rosenbaum was pushing the flaming dumpster.

2. Rittenhouse helped put out the fire

3.  There was some sort of confrontation at the scene of the dumpster.  (Alledged FBI surveillence footage of Rittenhouse pointing fire extinguisher at Rosenbaum)

4.  Rittenhouse on video running from scene still holding fire extinguisher.

5.  Rosenbaum filmed leaving scene with a large chain in his hand.

6.  Rosenbaum filmed spotting Rittenhouse (no longer holding fire extinguisher) and jogging to catch up with him.

7.  McGinness testifies Rittenhouse juked to avoid Rosenbaum's approach from behind.

8.  The filmed chase and shooting immediately followed. 

I was talking about what happened afterwards, which hopefully will be confirmed by the FBI tape.
I hope that there is such video that confirms what happened.  I don't really want it to show that Rittenhouse started the whole mess for a bunch of reasons.  Starting with enough lives were lost already.  Ending with if he ultimately prevails on the self defense defense then I would like to believe when all is said and done that this was appropriate justice.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
I hope that there is such video that confirms what happened.  I don't really want it to show that Rittenhouse started the whole mess for a bunch of reasons.  Starting with enough lives were lost already.  Ending with if he ultimately prevails on the self defense defense then I would like to believe when all is said and done that this was appropriate justice.
:goodposting:  

Agree, good post.

Bottomfeeder Sports said:

The video will be anti-climatic.  It was about 10 to 15 minutes before the final confrontation which video and testimony show was all Rosenbaum initiated.  The video could be a huge boost for the defense on a couple grounds" 

1.  if it was the action of Kyle with the fire extinguisher that is what the prosecution is arguing provoked the confrontation, it destroys the argument that the fight was started because of Kyle's illegal activity, the underage possession of a fire arm.   Which illiminates the provision Bigbottom suggested will be the prosecution's approach.

2.  It may show Rosenbaum with the chain still in his hand.  If that is the case, and Rittenhouse saw that, it would make this case laughable, as any human on the planet would be scared for their life if someone who was chasing you, and you reasonably believed was carrying a deadly object.  

Last edited by a moderator:
The video will be anti-climatic.  It was about 10 to 15 minutes before the final confrontation which video and testimony show was all Rosenbaum initiated.  The video could be a huge boost for the defense on a couple grounds

1.  if it was the action of Kyle with the fire extinguisher that is what the prosecution is arguing provoked the confrontation, it destroys the argument that the fight was started because of Kyle's illegal activity, the underage possession of a fire arm.   Which illiminates the provision Bigbottom suggested will be the prosecution's approach.

2.  It may show Rosenbaum with the chain still in his hand.  If that is the case, and Rittenhouse saw that, it would make this case laughable, as any human on the planet would be scared for their life if someone who was chasing you, and you reasonably believed was carrying a deadly object.  

Which is why the prosecution will be introducing it into evidence? Yeah that makes a lot of sense. 

Which is why the prosecution will be introducing it into evidence? Yeah that makes a lot of sense. 

The prosecution has yet to submit it despite being past when evidence was supposed to have been submitted.  The defense has no reason to fear what it shows.   It is really no where near as significant as you think considering the time frame which it alleged to have occurred.  

The prosecution has yet to submit it despite being past when evidence was supposed to have been submitted.  The defense has no reason to fear what it shows.   It is really no where near as significant as you think considering the time frame which it alleged to have occurred.  

So Mr. Legal Expert...they have missed the deadline and can't submit it now? 

The good ole "anti-climatically huge boost" trick....seen it a million times :lol:  

Lol...you think there is a case?  There is zero chance this case succeeds.  And that is saying something considering you never really know who will make up a jury and how they think and that the prosecution wins a large majority of the cases which go to trial.  This case may be weaker than the Zimmerman case, which was also a politically motivated case that had no business being prosecuted.  The person who should be on trial for murder is the DC cop who shot Ashli Babbit.  Unlike these, that shooting was unjustified, although there really not enough evidence to convict him because police are more difficult to convict. 

They can submit, but it was suppose to have been provided before the last hearing.  It is just late.  The impact could be the defense could ask for additional time.  But I doubt it. 

Lol...you think there is a case?  There is zero chance this case succeeds.  And that is saying something considering you never really know who will make up a jury and how they think and that the prosecution wins a large majority of the cases which go to trial.  This case may be weaker than the Zimmerman case, which was also a politically motivated case that had no business being prosecuted.  The person who should be on trial for murder is the DC cop who shot Ashli Babbit.  Unlike these, that shooting was unjustified, although there really not enough evidence to convict him because police are more difficult to convict. 
I have no idea.  Depends on how law gets interpreted.  None of that changes the fact that something can't be a huge boost and anti-climatic all at the same time though.  That was the funny part.

If it hasn't been produced at all, how do you or the defense knows what it shows?   And if you say they have a bunch of other evidence like witness testimony that would need to be contradicted for this video to show something damaging then I don't think that is much of a hurdle.  And I say that assuming every single one of those witnesses being contradicted in this hypothetical are being 100% honest.   Memory and perspectives can just work this way sometimes.

I have no idea.  Depends on how law gets interpreted.  None of that changes the fact that something can't be a huge boost and anti-climatic all at the same time though.  That was the funny part.

Absolutely it can.  It won't be the silver bullet the anti-Rittenhouse crowd is hoping for.  It potentially could shut the door on any slight glimmer of hope the prosecution has if it shows Rosenbaum holding a deadly object and Rittenhouse has knowledge of it.  It would slam the door on any belief that Rittenhouse's fear was unreasonable.  

If it hasn't been produced at all, how do you or the defense knows what it shows?   And if you say they have a bunch of other evidence like witness testimony that would need to be contradicted for this video to show something damaging then I don't think that is much of a hurdle.  And I say that assuming every single one of those witnesses being contradicted in this hypothetical are being 100% honest.   Memory and perspectives can just work this way sometimes.

Given when this video had to be shot, at least 10 minutes prior to the shooting.  The two disengaged completely, rendering any provocation at that time meaningless.  We know this because there is video of Rosenbaum a good 100 feet or more behind Rittehouse and jogging to catch up which is just seconds before the last video starts. The most important video is well known as is the most important eye-witness testimony.  The prosecution will try to dilute and distract with a mountain of other stuff, but the evidence we have seen shows enough to conclusively conclude it was self-defense.  No eyewitness had 1/10th of the view that McGinniss had.  And no other video erases what the video we have seen clearly shows.  

as usual, jon has no clue and is just relying on video edited and released by the defense, as well as witness statements released by the defense. 

nobody has seen the surveillance footage outside of the judge, the prosecutors and the defense.   he's just wishcasting based on his love of Murderboy.

They can submit, but it was suppose to have been provided before the last hearing.  It is just late.  The impact could be the defense could ask for additional time.  But I doubt it. 
so "I have no clue" is your answer.   

• Laughing
Reactions: Zow
More confident than Rittenhouse, who told a friend he thought he'd get life in prison.

Dominick Black, 19, told investigators that Rittenhouse fled to the back room of a local business after Kenosha police ignored his attempt to turn himself in. Black said he met Rittenhouse there and tried to calm him down after he fatally shot two men and wounded another.

“The dude’s sweating like a pig. He’s just freaking out. His face is white,” Black said in a recorded interview obtained by the Chicago Tribune. “He’s like, ‘I’m going to jail for the rest of my life. I’m done.’

Black, by the way, was his friend that illegally purchased the murder weapon for him.  He was charged with two felony counts of illegally supplying the rifle to Rittenhouse.  He tried to get the charges dismissed and failed, but they agreed to delay his trial until after Rittenhouse's.   He's facing up to three years on each count.  Would be interesting if he goes to prison for six years and his buddy gets off.   

It may show Rosenbaum with the chain still in his hand.  If that is the case, and Rittenhouse saw that, it would make this case laughable, as any human on the planet would be scared for their life if someone who was chasing you, and you reasonably believed was carrying a deadly object.  
Wait, chains are deadly objects? Does that mean that Rosenbaum was armed?

He was murdering people. 
There are two murder charges against Rittenhouse so am trying to see where the chain of events started and it is not the act of killing Rosenbaum but what transpired to precipitate that event, so why did Rosenbaum and Rittonhouse meet behind the cars?

There are two murder charges against Rittenhouse so am trying to see where the chain of events started and it is not the act of killing Rosenbaum but what transpired to precipitate that event, so why did Rosenbaum and Rittonhouse meet behind the cars?

Rosenbaum can't tell us the reason because Kyle murdered him.   Maybe Kyle will tell us why he murdered people but I doubt it.  

Why is Rittenhouse being chased??

Because Kyle pissed off a 36-year old psychopath who has spent nearly his entire life behind bars for numerous felonies including multiple counts of child-molestaton and woman beating by helping prevent said psychopath from pushing a flaming dumpster into a gas station where dozens of people were hanging out.  Because Kyle was armed and around other armed people, the psychopath did not attack.  But several minutes later, psychopath saw Kyle in the distance walking alone and psychopath started to run so he could sneak up and ambush Kyle.  Kyle heard the footsteps and was able to juke away from the initial attack and the chase into the parking lot began.

To many eyes on the left, Kyle provoked the attack because Kyle is a rightwinger which makes him some kind of subhuman armed terrorist who lacks any right to defend himself against such an attack from a peaceful protestor.  So they label Kyle as a mass-shooter, terrorist, and  murderer, putting websites like this at risk of large lawsuits once Kyle is acquiitted on all murder charges, which he undoubtedly will be.  Kyle has outstanding legal representation and will make a ton of money off these lawsuits. 

But if he’s not armed, how can he threaten Rittenhouse’s life? Isn’t that the defense you made on behalf of Ashley Babbitt? 
There's no point...in a world where the person won't identify carrying around "deadly objects" as "being armed" there is no point in trying to exact a distinction.  The only guaranteed outcome is a moving of the already arbitrary line. 

But if he’s not armed, how can he threaten Rittenhouse’s life? Isn’t that the defense you made on behalf of Ashley Babbitt? 

Ashli Babbitt did not have a heavy chain.  A chain is an object which can be used as a deadly weapon.  Ashli had nothing like thar. When you say someone committed an armed robbery, it means they had a gun.  Not a flagpole. 

Ashli Babbitt did not have a heavy chain.  A chain is an object which can be used as a deadly weapon.  Ashli had nothing like thar. When you say someone committed an armed robbery, it means they had a gun.  Not a flagpole. 
A heavy chain can be used as a deadly weapon but a flagpole cannot be used as a deadly weapon?

There is one more motion hearing - this coming Monday afternoon.  Its hard to follow a state court case online as the docket provides very slim info and documents are not available to download and review (unlike in federal court.)  Both parties have filed their witness lists and the state submitted its expert - Mr. James T. Armstrong (no idea).

It appears highly likely this trial is going to go forward as scheduled, with jury selection starting on Nov. 1.  I'm not an expert on this stuff, but would expect it will take at least a full day if not two days to pick a jury.  The entire thing will be broadcast on Court TV.  I need some commitments from you ######s with boring day jobs to watch this thing and provide live commentary, hopefully somewhat unbiased if possible.  I'm going to try to monitor and watch the opening statements and key witnesses, but it looks like my schedule won't allow as much leisure time as I'd like.

May justice prevail!

I will say that if they are in possession of such a video, it's odd to me that they haven't yet disclosed it. Generally, prosecutors want to disclose their evidence right away for a number of reasons with two of the big ones being as follows: 1) disclosure of all the evidence and letting the defense see what they're up against could spark plea negotiations; and 2) they don't risk preclusion of the evidence if it's not timely disclosed (in my state there is a rule giving the state x number of days to disclose - not sure if Wisconsin has a similar rule). 

To add to this, the only times I can recall where the state was in possession of evidence and didn't timely disclose the evidence is because there was questionable actions by law enforcement officers contained therein. 

When you say someone committed an armed robbery, it means they had a gun.
The law in the state of MD states otherwise:

Md. Ann. Code §3-402 (Robbery) - a)  Prohibited.- A person may not commit or attempt to commit robbery. 

Md. Ann. Code §3-403 (Armed Robbery) - a) A person may not commit or attempt to commit robbery under §3-402 of this subtitle:

(1) with a dangerous weapon;  or

(2) by displaying a written instrument claiming that the person has possession of a dangerous weapon.
There is no reference to a firearm or gun or anything other than a "dangerous weapon".  So, no, when we talk about "armed robbery" we don't necessarily mean that person has a firearm.

Because Kyle pissed off a 36-year old psychopath who has spent nearly his entire life behind bars for numerous felonies including multiple counts of child-molestaton and woman beating by helping prevent said psychopath from pushing a flaming dumpster into a gas station where dozens of people were hanging out.  Because Kyle was armed and around other armed people, the psychopath did not attack.  But several minutes later, psychopath saw Kyle in the distance walking alone and psychopath started to run so he could sneak up and ambush Kyle.  Kyle heard the footsteps and was able to juke away from the initial attack and the chase into the parking lot began.

To many eyes on the left, Kyle provoked the attack because Kyle is a rightwinger which makes him some kind of subhuman armed terrorist who lacks any right to defend himself against such an attack from a peaceful protestor.  So they label Kyle as a mass-shooter, terrorist, and  murderer, putting websites like this at risk of large lawsuits once Kyle is acquiitted on all murder charges, which he undoubtedly will be.  Kyle has outstanding legal representation and will make a ton of money off these lawsuits. 
Holy moly. 

Rosenbaum can't tell us the reason because Kyle murdered him.   Maybe Kyle will tell us why he murdered people but I doubt it.  
It really is a shame that the felonious child molester isn’t around to give us his side of the story. I’d be interested to hear his side of the story when he was molesting minors.

I’m sure he would be perfectly honest with us. 

Some of you are criminally naive. 

so "I have no clue" is your answer.   
:lmao:  

Honestly, unless the poster is a licensed WI attorney who regularly practices serious criminal defense and, ideally, has experience with this particular trial judge, "I have no clue" is the only correct answer any of us should be giving. 

In fairness to Jon, this is probably the most likely remedy should the defense decide to push the issue.*

*Again, though, none of us probably really have any significant clue on this issue. 

It really is a shame that the felonious child molester isn’t around to give us his side of the story. I’d be interested to hear his side of the story when he was molesting minors.

I’m sure he would be perfectly honest with us. 

Some of you are criminally naive. 

That's not very excellent, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread