What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kyle Rittenhouse Trial: Defense Rests. Resisting the urge to go full HT and just purge this crapshow of a thread. (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say he was defending his home.  I said Kenosha was his second home.  If you want to play squidward and need to add "town" to it then have at it.  Whatever helps you out guy.
Not sure why you’re getting defensive. If you can’t understand the difference between home and home town and there being a difference I don’t know what to tell you. It’s vastly different standing on your porch defending your home versus leaving your actual home to defend something else.  This isn’t word semantics there’s actually a very big difference.  You can feel free to be snarky in your reply if you want but I’m trying to have a conversation about a legitimate point.  

While I’m close to where you are there’s still one major difference being left out. In Regards to him going there that night I think there’s a big difference between an adult male doing it and a child like himself.  While I may agree or disagree on a grown man doing it I can at least understand it. I can’t wrap my head around being OK with a 17-year-old kid doing it.   
@IvanKaramazovhad a good post a page or two back about 17 year old kids being wide eyed and ideal in the thinking.  

I also think that...17 year old kids just make stupid decisions.  Taking up a gun was one.  But if he went there with the intent to kill people, he would have just opened fire whenever.

While I’m close to where you are there’s still one major difference being left out. In Regards to him going there that night I think there’s a big difference between an adult male doing it and a child like himself.  While I may agree or disagree on a grown man doing it I can at least understand it. I can’t wrap my head around being OK with a 17-year-old kid doing it.   
For sure a big part of the puzzle.     

I personally still don't get it, but get it way less that people would be cool a minor is doing this.  

@IvanKaramazovhad a good post a page or two back about 17 year old kids being wide eyed and ideal in the thinking.  

I also think that...17 year old kids just make stupid decisions.  Taking up a gun was one.  But if he went there with the intent to kill people, he would have just opened fire whenever.
I agree with all this. And I definitely have never said he went there with the intent to kill people. I don’t believe he did.  But as I said probably 50 times now over the last few weeks in this thread I do absolutely believe he wanted to play cool big tough man carrying his cool gun.  It was an extraordinarily stupid decision. And it’s changed the course of his life and three others.

I bet you think abortion is murder.  I'm not changing your mind on that if I'm right.  

This smug little girl slapping doodlebug went into a charged situation after curfew with a loaded gun and shot dead two people.  He is a murderer - text book.  And I don't give a tinker's damn how wrong you think I am. That punk murdered two people and needs to pay the price.  Will he?  I don't know.  Probably not. But he's lucky I'm not on the jury.  

So go pound sand with what you think about what I think.  I don't care a lick about what you think because I can gosh damn guarantee you I think you are wrong.  On everything.  

Oh my, rough day at the office? Amazing how much some people have invested in this trial. 

Not sure why you’re getting defensive. If you can’t understand the difference between home and home town and there being a difference I don’t know what to tell you. It’s vastly different standing on your porch defending your home versus leaving your actual home to defend something else.  This isn’t word semantics there’s actually a very big difference.  You can feel free to be snarky in your reply if you want but I’m trying to have a conversation about a legitimate point.  

Not a single person has ever said he was defending his home or his business.  But this canard has been parroted by many leftist (sorry Commish) posters on the last few pages. 

Again, you're saying your mind won't be changed, but if he felt he was threatened--is there no grey between self defense and murder?  

Just he shot someone so boom murder?  Are you against the idea of self defense as a defense in these situations in general?  Just in the defense of a 17 year old kids?  Just because it happened during a racially sensitive time? 

Murder involves premeditation or forethought.  Did he go there intending to kill these two people?  

You're a very well thought out poster.  I'm just confused by the stance here.
There are varying degrees of murder (or homicide).   Not all involve premeditation.   

He's being charged with both first degree homicide and reckless homicide.   I think reckless homicide fits better, but there is some evidence that wasn't admitted that shows that he may have been there with the purpose of having/creating an opportunity to shoot people.   

Dumb kid panics and starts shooting people even though he really only went there to fulfill his ongoing wannabe cop fantasy is still murder.

Again, you're saying your mind won't be changed, but if he felt he was threatened--is there no grey between self defense and murder?  

Just he shot someone so boom murder?  Are you against the idea of self defense as a defense in these situations in general?  Just in the defense of a 17 year old kids?  Just because it happened during a racially sensitive time? 

Murder involves premeditation or forethought.  Did he go there intending to kill these two people?  

You're a very well thought out poster.  I'm just confused by the stance here.

Well first of all, I'm anti gun.  So let's get that out of the way.  

Two, I'm against a 17 year old child having a gun.  

3.  I'm against a 17 year old child taking a loaded gun past curfew into a highly charged situation. 

D. I'm definitely not in favor of. 17 year old child making a decision to murder people because he thinks his life is at risk. 

In short, he put himself in a horrible position and now people are dead.  He went into a place looking to shoot bad people and you won't convince me otherwise.  Sorry.

I have two eyes.  I can see what the media does.  I can see how corrupt liberal prosecutors only pursue conservatives.  I can see how liberal educators push anti-white/conservative propaganda.  I can see how how liberal AG's want to call all right-wingers domestic terrorists.  It is the worst hidden conspiracy in history. 
It's clear as a bell.  Even he sees it.  He just doesn't want to acknowledge it.  In my opinion there was definitely Liberal political bias at play in this prosecution.  The lead Detective, when he was gathering evidence, asked for the phones of both Grosskreutz and Rittenhouse.  He got search warrants for both.  Rittenhouse gave his phone up, unlocked it, and gave the Detectives access to everything on it.  But when it came time to execute the search warrant on Grosskreutz's phone the Prosecutor intervened and they ended up dropping the request because of concerns with Marsy's Law (Victim's Rights).  So they had already determined that Grosskreutz was a victim rather than an instigator.  By the way - that was the first and only time the Detective ever failed to execute a search warrant because of concerns with Marsy's Law.

Not a single person has ever said he was defending his home or his business.  But this canard has been parroted by many leftist (sorry Commish) posters on the last few pages. 
There’s a lot of posts flying around so you may have missed it but I covered this ground already Jon. Multiple people compared what he did to them defending their home.  So yes they are. And by the way the person I’m discussing this with continues to use “home” in his defense.  That’s exactly why I’m saying there’s a massive difference between home and hometown.   

Once again, I said Kenosha was his second home.  People refer to towns as their home.  HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread